Down by the Lake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I told him to go pack his gear, if he hadn't done it already, he could sleep in a bed tonight.

While he was gone, Madge and I cleared the table (at my insistence), then she made sure there was a bed made up for him. When he returned I pointed out a bedroom and the bathroom, told him to feel free to enjoy a shower, then join us out on the deck for a drink and a view of the sunset.

The large deck with a variety of chairs, tables and chaise faces west-toward the Olympics. The view was the usual early summer sunset; reds and oranges fading to blues and grays as the sun disappeared behind the mountains. We were quiet as the sky slowly transitioned to night. Finally Madge seemed to let out a breathe, and said, "Wow... I can see why you sit out here in the evening. Is it like this every night?"

"No, some nights are better, some have more clouds, even rain at times. I take them as they come."

With that, we headed for bed. I put the seat cushions away, protecting them from the morning dew, then went to the bathroom attached to my bedroom, Dave went to the other. Madge picked up our glasses, turned off the lone light in the kitchen, and went to her room.

Once again I tossed and turned, pictures of Madge as she came from her bath running through my head. This began to worry me, as I hadn't been concerned about women since my wife's death, and, she was much younger than me. She was, moreover, a good looking woman with an easy smile and beautiful eyes. I was definitely feeling confused, worried I may have made a mistake inviting her into my home. I did finally sleep, and when I woke the next morning felt much more rested than expected.

At breakfast, we talked more with Dave, hearing his plans to find more permanent work, get another apartment, just settle down.

"It'll probably be years before I want to go camping again," he said with a small smile, "but eventually I'll explore the Sierras, maybe Death Valley too."

While we walked Dave out to his truck I carefully asked how he was fixed for money.

"I have a couple hundred from this last job. Would you like part for Madge?"

"No,no. I just wanted to be sure you'll be all right. Will you have enough for you're needs? You know, gas, food, maybe a motel?"

"I can make 'Frisco' in about twenty hours driving, so may only need one night at a motel. I should be fine. But thanks for asking any way."

I shook his hand, wishing him luck. She hugged him, saying thanks for all he had done, telling him to keep in touch. As he drove down the driveway, Madge stepped next to me and put her left arm around my waist, I automatically put my right around her shoulder. She leaned into my side, quietly saying, "I'm going to like it here."

"And just how long do you think you're going to be here?"

She looked at me and said, "a very long time."

*****

12