Down by the Lake Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not as much as me."

Calmed, she finished her preparations, poured herself a cup of coffee, and sat on the deck, scratching Bogart's ears. Now I started pacing! I realized I'd really missed Jeannie. Madge caught me checking down the driveway, "Josh, come sit down and do your breathing. She'll be here soon."

So this time I did the breathing, brought myself back to my center. "Thanks, I needed that."

"Not as much as me." She replied, laughing.

Just before ten we saw her coming up the hill. Madge jumped up, smoothing her shorts and blouse, moving towards the front door. I must admit a lump in my throat, and an attempt at smoothing my hair. We stepped onto the porch just as the car came to a stop. Jeannie slid out of the car, then opened the back door for her sons. (I liked that, she was thinking of them) They walked over to Madge and me, the older boy looking around, then focusing on Bogart, sitting on the porch.

"Guys, this is Mr. Murphy and Madge, they're our hosts. Madge, Josh, these are my sons, JD and Clark."

The boys quietly looked at us, nodded. Madge dropped to a knee, welcoming them. I just said, "Welcome boys, come on in, I'll show you where you're bunking the next couple days."

In the corner of my eye I saw Madge and Jeannie hugging.

In the bedroom, I told the boys they could work out who had the upper. "From here on out you can call me Mr. Murphy, or Josh, or like some people, you can call me Murph. I'm comfortable with any of those. In a little while we'll give you a tour of my property. Any questions?"

"Yes, sir. Was that a real wolf?"

"Bogart? No, he's not a wolf. He's as friendly a dog as I've ever known. But he's not real used to kids, so if you're bugging him and he gives you a warning growl, back off. Later I'll introduce you to him properly. Anything else?

"Mom says you have a lake?"

"Well, JD...right? I border on a lake, and I'll show it to you later. Meantime, toss your clothes in the dresser. Did you bring shorts? Ok, put'em on and come on out to the deck, I'm going to say 'hi' to your mom."

On the deck, Madge and Jeannie were hugging; I suspect they'd been in each other's arms since I took the boys in the house. Jeannie ran into my arms, clasping me like a vice. "God, I really missed you. Kiss me!"

Well, I did my duty all right. I kissed her just as hard as she kissed me. We were still hugging when the boys came out, making things awkward for a moment, but Jeannie was ready, "I told you I've been missing these two. I love them, and they love me. "

"Mommy, more than me?"

"No, Clark. No one can ever take the place in my heart I have for you two. I love these guys in a different way. In an adult way. I've really missed them. I wanted you to meet them because all you guys are important to me."

Madge asked JD and Clark if they were hungry, then led them into the kitchen, serving donuts and milk. (I never get donuts...) While they were busy, Jeannie turned back into my arms, asking that I hold her.

"Are you ok?"

"I am now. I sorta let slip some of what happened the last time I was up here."

"To who, your parents?"

"Yeah..., there isn't much they can do about it, but they disapprove."

"Have they been giving you a hard time?"

"A bit. They haven't said much, but my Dad's been radiating. "

Madge and the kids came back out, from the look between the girls; I suspected Madge had been filled in.

We sat in the sun, the kids munching away, me sipping coffee, the girls pop. I began telling Jeannie our plans for the deck area; she liked the spa, the boys perked up at the sound of a pool. JD had been taking lessons at a local pool; Jeannie was planning on Clark going next. "Well, I don't know when all that will be done. The contractors are awaiting the permits, then they'll give me a schedule."

Looking around, I noticed the boys had finished eating and looked bored, I asked them to put their glasses in the kitchen, told the girls we were going to walk around, they could stay and talk. In the kitchen, I slipped a couple dog treats to the boys, "Put these in your pockets. When Bogart smells them, he'll be begging you for them. Let him take them from your hands, one at a time. He'll be your friend after that."

That caught their interest. We ambled over to the barn where I showed them the pickup, the two cars and the canoe on the trailer. Those kids had a hundred questions. I pulled the covers off the cars, JD was drawn to the Mustang, and Clark had to sit in the Spitfire's driver seat. He couldn't see over the dash, but that didn't matter. Over at the Mustang, his brother was looking everything over, scanning all the gauges, looking through the wheel. He asked if he could see the engine, I popped the hood. I doubt he'd ever seen a car engine before, because he wanted to know what everything was.

Over at the canoe, I lifted them up so they could sit in it. I explained the proper seating position and why it was, gave them paddles, so they could 'practice' paddling.

***

Eventually we returned to the house, the boys running ahead yelling for their mom, then hurriedly telling her about everything they saw and did. Madge brought out water bottles for everyone. While the boys were gulping theirs down Bogart started nosing around them. I quietly reminded them of my instructions. We watched as he nosed JD's pocket, then pushed harder, until the boy pulled a treat out, holding it in his open hand, JD looked over at me, as if asking if he were doing it right. I just nodded as Bogart gently took it from his hand. I called the boy over to me, leaving Bogart and Clark together. The dog picked up on another treat. Clark looked more nervous than his brother, but stood his ground. Bogart started nosing again, and the boy held out his hand. While Bogart munched away, Clark stood next to him, running his hands through his fur. From then on, Bogart accepted their presence.

***

After lunch, I hooked the trailer to the tractor, put the boys in the boat, and headed for the lake with Madge and Jeannie walking alongside. At shore side, we put the canoe in the water. I jumped in, and did a quick demonstration for everyone. Coming back to shore, I'd hardly said "Who wants a ride?" and both boys were jumping up and down.

Putting JD in the bow, Clark 'midships, life vests mandatory, we paddled into the lake. In truth, I did most of the work, but both were trying. We did a circuit of the lake, stopping periodically so they could see something, then moving on. Back at the landing, I asked Jeannie if she were ready, "I don't know..."

"Go on Mom, it's cool!"

"Yeah, Mom, I really liked it."

Madge helped her into a vest then into the boat, showing her where and how to kneel, then pushed us back into the lake. I turned us, started paddling along the shore. The boys ran along with us until we turned into the lake.

At first Jeannie was tense, responding in a jerky manner to the boat's movements. "Relax, Honey. I won't let anything happen."

I pointed out sights, named trees, explained some of the grasses and bushes along the shore. I could see her shoulders relax, and when I thought she was ready, instructed her in paddling. She picked it up just as easily as Madge, and I told her so. She was paddling strongly and surely as we neared the others, and as we hit the shore, she turned with a huge grin.

Clambering out, she started chattering with Madge, then the boys how great that was, and how she wanted to do it again.

***

Returning to the house, we put the tractor, trailer and boat away. Dinner time was near, and as planned, I fired off the BBQ on the deck. We were having 'burgers or hot dogs, potato salad, chips and pop. I know, I know, I'd said regular menu. But as Madge pointed out, "Kids don't eat salad."

I let them choose which they wanted, reminding them to save a little space for dessert.

We sat around the big table, the boys happily munching away, the adults talking about the day while we ate. Jeannie brought us up to date with work, and everything else (almost). Madge filled Jeannie in on the Fourth, Shelly (almost), and everyone else she met in town.

The boys got bored with us, asked if they could play. I pointed to a ball on the deck, told them they could play catch out in the yard. They were having fun, when the ball went over Clark's head. Bogart leaped on it, running off with the ball. Laughing, I called him over, showed the boys how to play with the dog. They got into throwing the ball, then chasing the dog to get it back.

***

By eight o'clock, those kids were worn out, and Bogart was done too. Jeannie took them in, cleaned them up, and brought them back out to say good night. JD said good night to Madge, then came to me, "Thanks for the boat ride, I really had fun, goodnight." All in one rush of words.

Clark was next, he gave Madge a hug, also saying good night, then surprised me, by hugging and saying "thank you, Mr. Murphy, I had a good day."

Jeannie took them in; Madge just gaped at me, her hand to mouth. At last she said, "He hugged us. I could just cry, I'm so happy."

I just nodded, I was that surprised.

Jeannie came out, "Wow, they're still talking about today. You're a big hit with the boat."

"I'm impressed with them. You're doing a great job raising them."

We quietly talked, watching the sunset. At one point Jeannie checked on the boys, came back and slid into my lap. "I hope you don't mind Madge, they're fast asleep, and I need some manly lovin'."

"I've had him the last ten days. I love you both. Take him to bed; I'll join you in a bit."

I led Jeannie in. In the bedroom, we took turns removing clothes. She pulled up my shirt, kissing my face, then chest, suckled on my nipples. When she came up for air, it was my turn. Pulling her blouse off, I was pleasantly surprised to find her braless. Now I began with her lips, slowly kissing along her jaw, then down her throat. I swept across her chest, then down to her right breast, kissing in circles until I reached her nipples. Her tits were firm and hot, her nipples extended and hard, I spent many minutes on the right breast, then kissed my way to the left. Again, I kissed, sucked, and nibbled on that luscious tip. Jeannie was moaning, whispering my name, holding me to her.

My hands moved down to her waist. Hooking fingers into the waist band, I pushed her shorts and panties down in one move. Kneeling before her, I laid my head against her belly for a moment, then dipped to her pussy. My fingers spread her labia. I gazed on the beautiful pink slit, drops of moisture forming on them. Almost involuntarily, I bent forward, taking small laps at her pussy, the taste reawakening memories of the last time I'd been here. Her hands held me in place; I could feel her bending over me, asking, "Please lick me, oohh that feels soo good. I've missed this, don't stop, oohhh, I'm coming..."

As her knees buckled, I eased her onto the bed. Quickly skinning out of my shorts, I crawled up her body, kissing as I went. At her lips, we spent many minutes kissing, licking, murmuring words of endearment. I rose onto my knees, placed the head of my cock at her entrance. Looking in her eyes, I pushed into her. She looked up at me, lifted her hips, urging me in. Her knees clasped my sides, her hands pushed down on my butt, and we moaned together. "Love me. Take me. Don't stop. I love you. I want to be with you always. Push harder now, harder, harder. Oh, gawd, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm..."

I'm no Superman. I was gritting my teeth, holding on as long as possible, but finally I crashed through, coming with everything I had. God! I had truly missed her. We held each other, slowly regaining our breath. Holding my weight off her, I bent to kiss the other woman I loved, telling how I had missed her, wanted her to stay with us forever.

"Oh Josh, I soo want to stay. I've missed this, I've missed Madge. I've never had so much loving in such a short time."

We drifted into a dream state, until Madge joined us, cuddling against Jeannie's back. Jeannie rolled into Madge's arms, kissing, expressing love, caressing. They drifted into each other. I could make out their hands rubbing tits, pinching nipples, even as they continued deeply kissing. Soon hands disappeared between them, they began pushing hips into each other, grinding, moaning, then groaning as they shook and quivered in climax. Eventually Jeannie rolled back to me, Madge's hands clasped over breasts, obviously nibbling on Jeannie's shoulder. She leaned into me again, a hand lightly stroking my cock. "Josh I love you, Madge I love you. I never want to leave you. Being here, in this bed, feels so...right. Unfortunately, I must go to the other bed tonight. I can't have my kids looking for me in the morning."

Madge was murmuring words of encouragement in Jeannie's ear. We understood what she was saying. We didn't want her to leave us, but knew she had to. I stood, picked up her clothes, held my hand to her, kissed her good night. Then kissed her again.

***

Tuesday morning Madge was up first. I rose a little after 6:30, going through my morning routine, really feeling invigorated. In the kitchen, my beautiful Madge sat cup in hand at the table. Seeing me, she gave me a big smile, pouring me a cup. By now she's learned I need that first cup to be functional, so she waited patiently. As I poured the second cup, I said, "Ok, get it out Honey."

"We need her here."

"Yes."

"How can we do it?"

"This conversation absolutely must include her. I love you. I agree with you. But she must be an equal partner, which means you and I will wait."

"Can I get her up, ask her?"

"No, let her kids wake her if she's still asleep. Meantime, how about some pancakes and eggs?"

Madge started breakfast, humming to herself. I retrieved the paper from the porch, scanning sports, then moving on to general news. As I read the editorials, Jeannie shuffled to the coffee, then joined me at the table.

"Morning, sunshine."

"Mmmph."

"Did you sleep well? I did, I kept dreaming of you..."

"Is she always this chipper in the morning?"

"Pretty much."

"Deals off. I'm going home so I can wake up in peace."

"Don't you dare joke about that. I'll be quiet."

Madge busied herself in the kitchen, soon placing a plate before me. Jeannie eyed my breakfast, then giving Madge a small smile, "If I promise to stay, can I have some too?"

Walking over to her, Madge kissed her, "Good morning, Darling. Of course you can. How do you like your eggs?"

We sat together, enjoying the early morning, eating quietly. Just after seven the boys appeared, looking sleepy, and a bit disoriented. They went to their mother hugging against her, looking around.

"Morning, boys. Would you like some pancakes?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you."

"Madge, honey, would you like to do your magic again?"

"Guys, how do you like your eggs?"

Bogart wandered in while the boys ate, looked around, and flopped down next to his bowl with a groan. I took care of the big guy, rubbing his ears.

Happily fed, the boys wanted to know what we were doing next.

"Well, generally, we clean up the house, get the dishes knocked out, and then get on with the day. Why don't you guys go make your beds, get dressed, join me at the barn."

"Ok." And they were off!

I finished my coffee, put on shoes, and ambled toward the barn. I had just pulled the tractor and trailer out of the barn when they came running up. They watched as I loaded fishing gear into the canoe; rods in built in mounts, tackle box in its spot. Marge brought two thermoses and a bag of sandwiches.

"Mount up, boys." They scrambled up the trailer, I made sure they were seated properly, and we headed down to the lake.

***

We had a good morning on the lake. The boys paddled as I taught them, I backed off on my efforts so they could feel water pressure in their muscles. We stopped at a grass patch I knew held fish. They had no fishing experience, so listened avidly as I gave them the basics. I made some demonstration casts with my rig, then had them try it, one at a time.

J.D.'s first few casts were so so, but an open face spin reel lets you get away with mistakes, saves you from snarls. He was hitting about ten yards out, "let the lure drop through the water now, ok, start reeling it back, quick, then slow, good, good, now quick again, ok you're getting it."

Clark was next up. He'd been watching my lesson with his brother, so when I called his name, he quickly flicked his rod, dropping the lure into the water a good five to seven yards further out. With no comment from me, he did an excellent job on the retrieve. I looked at J.D., "I think we have a ringer here."

"What's a ringer?"

"A ringer is someone that is very good at something, like a sport, that acts like he knows nothing, then when the game is on the line, shows how good he really is. Your brother has been fishing all his life, he just didn't tell anyone."

"Mr. Murphy, I never did this before, really."

"Ok, I'm just teasing, but you picked up on what I told J.D. right away. Can you tell me how?

"Well, Mr. Murphy..."

"Stop. We're in a boat, fishing. Call me Josh, or Murph, but put the Mr. away. OK? Now, can you tell me how you learned to cast?"

"Well, Mr..., Josh, when you told J.D. how to do it, I could see it too, then I just did it."

"You just did it? You did fine. Boys, I'll set the canoe facing the grass, Clark, you cast left, J.D. you go right. Don't go for distance, just try for consistency."

For the next fifteen minutes they would cast, then retrieve, then cast again. When they started tiring, we paddled further around the lake, under some trees, I had them practice a side arm cast. Again Clark picked it up quickly. J.D. seemed awkward as hell. Watching him, it occurred to me that he may not be a natural righty.

"J.D., I want you to try something. Shift to your other hand and cast."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Grandpa says I have to use my right hand."

Clark was nodding in agreement.

"I'd like you to try this once. We won't mention it."

He shifted hands, made a few tentative tries, looking back at me as if to say, 'see'.

"Keep trying, it'll take bit to loosen your arm."

Suddenly he laid a cast twenty yards out. Two looks sped over his face; absolute surprise, then elation.

"WOW!"

"Clark, I have to agree with you."

The rest of the morning we moved around the lake. They had a good time, and it was good for me too. Watching them learn touched something in me that had been dormant a very long time.

When one of them would start squirming, I'd pull into the bank, they'd disappear behind a tree, and I'd stretch my legs. Shortly before noon we were back at the tractor.

***

"Mom, MOM, we were fishing, and Josh showed us how to cast, and I did really good, and I was better than JD, and then he did it with his other hand and then he was better than me, and can we come here again, huh Mom, huh."

Jeannie and Madge had been sitting on the deck as we drove into the yard. I think the torrent of words left them stunned, at least for a moment. They both looked at Clark as if he'd been speaking in Swahili or something, then over at me. Jeannie was essentially at a loss for words, so I explained, "They picked up on fishing easily, both of them, but JD seemed to have problems casting with his right hand, so I had him try with his left. The boy's a natural south paw. He says your dad won't let him use his left. Is that true?"

"I didn't know..., JD, will you do me a favor, honey? You and Clark throw the ball back and forth. Do it with both hands so I can see what Josh is talking about."

JD looked over at me, I just nodded. They played a little toss, JD first throwing right, and then left. He needed some warm up, but again, he suddenly clicked in, dropping the ball right in Clark's hands.