Dr. Ruark's Problem Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All right, who else is involved?"

"I don't know anyone else who I'd trust with this."

"Well . . . I have a friend who knows how to keep his mouth shut, and isn't too bad in the looks department."

"Who is it?"

"A guy by the name of Marty Steppanelli."

"I don't think I know him," Robert said.

"We've hung out together for a couple years now. More now that I got separated from Marilyn. Anyway, the ladies like him and like I said, he can keep things to himself. I trust him."

"Then he'll do."

"You'll take him, just like that?"

"I don't really have a choice, Dutch. And I trust you."

"Thank you. Let me make a call," and Perry got up and went inside. Robert took another sip from his glass and looked far out to sea. Something dark, probably a bit of flotsam was drifting. It mirrored his mood, looking lost and lonely.

Perry returned bearing a sardonic grin. "I managed to reach him, that's the good news."

"And what's the bad news?"

"He's going to be out of town until Saturday."

"But that's my . . . our wedding day!"

"So . . . we set you free on your wedding night. It will make for a memorable night for sure," he smiled at his friend.

"Jesus!" Robert groaned.

A sleek crimson speedboat skipped past a couple hundred yards from shore, buzzing like a hornet furious at being pinned to water. Within seconds the angry snarl became a receding drone, as the boat headed out to sea. Robert rose from his seat and shrugged his shoulders. "Well, let me tell Alice." The two men shook hands and then Dutch gave Robert a hug and assured him that things would work out.

Robert looked out at the ocean again. Whatever had been drifting had disappeared when he wasn't looking.

To be continued...

12