Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 06

Story Info
The adventures of Michael Dane continue.
3.3k words
4.67
31.1k
13

Part 5 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
946 Followers

Chapter 6

"This is the captain," the voice coming over the intercom seemed stressed "ladies and gentlemen we are about to arrive at the gate, when we do I would ask that you all remain in your seats, there seems to be an electrical issue and we will need to reset the system. When we do this it will black out the cabin for approximately one minute. There is no need to be alarmed, please remain in your seats until the lights come back on." The captain finished.

Michael looked around the cabin, people seemed tense but not overtly so, the captain was a smart man, waiting till now to let people know of an issue.

It had been an illuminating flight for Michael, from the pain of the attack by the oriental woman to the understanding that something...different was in contact with him, had put him on edge for the entire flight.

There was no further contact from the other; it was the strangest feeling Michael had ever experienced. Several times throughout his life he had experienced a sense of de ja vu, a tickling feeling in the back of his head when a specific action was good or bad.

Following those gut instincts had kept him out of a great deal of trouble. Now it had changed, it was an actual sentient being speaking to him, guiding him, yes; it had been a hell of flight. ............

"Alpha Leader to Tango Leader do you copy," even the hushed tones reverberated around the tight space of the boarding ramp as it rolled up to the door of flight 969.

"Tango this is Alpha, over" the answer came back through the ear bud hidden within the black mask that covered the young Lieutenants face.

"Tango, insertion in 10, expect package to be delivered your location in 45, be ready for transport, out."

It had been four hours ago when Lieutenant Sims had gotten the flash message about a mission and rushed over to the CC to get the details.

Commander Longfield looked at the six men assembled in the briefing room, knowing before he started that they would not appreciate this little gem.

"Gentleman, at approximately 09:25 flight 969 from New York to London will arrive at Heathrow's gate 57. Upon arrival the plane will go dark, at that point Mr. Sim's squad will enter the aircraft, secure the passenger in seat 3 first class. You will escort this passenger out of the plane, down the emergency exit in the gate and hand him off to Mr. Patrick's squad for transport to local law enforcement at hangar 12." Upon finishing, Longfield looked up from his notes to see six disappointed men glaring back at him.

"Jesus Christ, since when do they call out two SAS special ops squads to grab one guy off an airplane, couldn't they have sent the bloody boy scouts?" Lt. Patrick snorted as the two teams sat in the Blackhawk on the way to Heathrow.

It rubbed them all the wrong way; operations like this were seen as a huge waste of time and personnel by those involved.

Most had seen heavy combat, all had years of training, provided by her majesty's government, to go out and be the mailed fist of the empire.

To be babysitters simply increased their tension, it was like sending a pit bull into a fight against a Chihuahua, not even worth doing.

Counting down in his head, Lt. Sims timed the docking perfectly.

Alistair popped the door of the jumbo jet just as the interior of the plane went dark.

Stepping in Sims instantly got a fix on the mark. 'Jeez, is this guy radioactive or what," thought Sims as he stepped the 4 paces over to the passenger.

Bending quickly he whispered, "We are here to get you off this plane, please move quickly."

Curling his hand around the mans bicep Sims was amazed at the feeling of raw power that was transmitted through the simple touch, 'this guy is like solid rock,' he thought to himself.

That feeling and the bright aura that surrounded this guy through the night vision goggles made Lt. Sims think twice about this being a waste of time.

Michael only thought for an instant before he stood to a crouch and moved out of the plane with his handler.

Had this happened yesterday he would never have gone this quietly, however, with no nagging warning from the other he was confident that there was no danger.

Thirty-two seconds after the door opened, Michael was handed over to another black clad man who hustled him into a waiting H1. It was all a bit surreal for Michael, but no more so than the rest of flight had been so he sat and waited to see what was next.

The gentleman in the suit introduced himself as Detective Arthur Collins, Scotland Yard.

"Mr. Dane, sorry about the quick exit from the plane, we had reason to believe there were problems on the flight and we wanted to make sure you, and several other passengers got off the plane as...expediently as possible," the detective said.

Michael was sitting in a small office inside a large hangar in the maintenance section of the airfield. Offered coffee or water they were treating him as though he was someone of interest, this puzzled him as he listened to the detective continue.

"We are not at liberty to disclose much of the story, however I can tell you that you are not under any type of suspicion. We have an interest in several passengers on the plane and wanted to ask you just a few questions prior to letting you go on your way." The detective said as he sat across the desk from Michael.

Taking out a pen and notebook he continued. "Did you notice anything strange during the flight?" the detective asked.

How to answer that question, Michael thought, making up his mind he said, "I don't really think so, the flight seemed like any other, I can't say that anything really caught my attention."

The questions continued for about a half an hour, it turns out that they had received several credible tips that terrorists had targeted this flight either to commandeer the plane or to try and gain entry into the UK.

Michael noted that during his interview several other passengers from other sections of the plane were brought to the hangar and questioned by other detectives.

In the end, while strange, Michael felt that it was just one more odd item in a trip filled with unique circumstances.

The detective thanked Michael for his help, apologized again and after retrieving his luggage from the plane called him a cab. It was a strange end to a very strange day.

Ian watched the video feeds of the extraction from the airplane as well as the video of Michael's interview. Even on the screen his aura seemed to be different, brighter with a purple hue that Ian had never seen before.

"He is on his way to the MacDonald Randolph, we have 3 teams watching him, the cab is tagged and special," the IM flashed up on Ian's screen.

"Excellent, keep a watch and let me know when he has checked in," Ian replied.

Switching off the computer Ian stood and headed for the stairs, 'I hope this doesn't cause problems for us down the road' Ian thought as he climbed the ancient English oak staircase looking forward to spending the evening in Millie's arms. ...............

Morning dawned gray as Michael rolled out of the large Queen Anne bed.

The MacDonald Randolph was an old world hotel. Built in the 1860's it had once been home to a Count, converted and updated over time, it had the air of English aristocracy that fit so many of Michael's notions of what 'English' meant.

Taking care of his morning rituals and dressing in a comfortable pair of black jeans a heavy wool turtleneck sweater and his well worn timberline boots he closed the heavy oak door to his room, setting out to see the sights.

His meeting with Ms. Smyth was not until late this afternoon, which gave him a chance to just wander around and take in the sights.

Lt. Sims sat in the lobby of the MacDonald waiting to see what Mr. Dane would be up to today.

After last nights escapade and the overwhelming feelings he had gotten when he touched Mr. Dane the Lt. had requested an emergency pass, his commander believing that he just needed a few days to get over the angst of another pointless mission.

There was something about Mr. Dane; something that just didn't make sense and Lt. Sims was going to find out exactly why that was.

Michael's watchers noticed the young SAS lieutenant enter the lobby and find an out of the way chair with an open view of the space.

"What do we have here," Nigel said to his partner John as he took a quick photo and emailed it off to get an id. Minutes later Nigel's PDA vibrated and the life history of Lt. Lawrence J. Sims popped up on the screen.

"Control this is five, it seems one of the SAS chaps from last night has taken an interest in our mark, please advise." Nigel finished, waiting for a response he turned another page in the hottest new release that he was reading, curious to see what would befall the main character, a young wizard, next.

Walking slowly down the stairs in the three-story central reception area Michael marveled at the restoration that had taken place only a few years before. The light beige wallpaper with the darker imprinted standards gave a feeling of warmth to the stone and timber walls of the hotel.

Stepping off the stairs he walked over to the large granite faced fireplace, knowing that this was probably the original he was entranced by the detailing of the granite façade, marveling in the attention to detail of the delicate filigree that would be almost impossible to replicate today.

The skies had started to clear as Michael left the building, walking fifty paces away and turning he was impressed by the gothic façade and the attention to detail that the renovators had accomplished.

'It's perfect,' he thought, turning and walking east he picked up Magdalene St. and headed towards the church of St. Mary the Virgin.

Ian's team was very unobtrusive, taking on the look of local shoppers, tourists and towns people, Michael never had a hint that his every move was being watched. Should anything or anyone threaten him he would be witness to a startling change in the picturesque scenery.

Lt. Sims moved quickly out of the hotel once Mr. Dane departed, putting on his sunglasses he moved to follow Mr. Dane, at that moment his beeper went off.

'Damn,' he thought to himself as he looked at the number and code that followed it.

Taking one last look at Mr. Dane's back as he walked away. Lt. Sims hailed a taxi, wondering about the coincidental timing of his "emergency" call back to base. .........

Ian thanked the general and hung up the phone.

"Millie please make a note to run a detailed check on Lt. Lawrence J Sims, he may be an excellent prospect for recruitment, mark that he may have some latent talents. .........

Michael found the church to be a somber place.

Its cool and shaded confines brought back memories of Sasha.

Sitting in a pew he looked towards the crucified form of Christ, marveling as always how one of the most powerful religions still used this image to call and hold the faithful.

As he rose to leave a young father approached him. "May I help you sir?" the man asked.

"I was just looking at the architecture, its my trade and whenever I travel I always start with the churches they seem to have the finest details and the best workmanship. It's interesting to see the variations of space and light used by the original designers to elicit that feeling of...heaven." Michael replied, hearing Sasha in his head telling him to stop with the geek archy talk.

The young father regarded the American, sensing something...different about him he asked, "Would you like to climb the tower, it offers a wonderful view of the city center and particularly the Radcliff Camera?"

Michael said he would and the father lead him to a corner of the church proper and showed him the stair up to the tower.

An older gentleman sitting near the back of the church typed out a text message to the rest of the team, 'subject moving up to top of tower'.

The view was magnificent, the day had cleared and the sun shown brightly on the honey colored stone and ivy covered walls of the city center as it lay before him.

The three tiered Radcliffe was a masterpiece, the proportions of the walls, the size and spacing of the windows the elegant dome at the top all blended together into a wonderfully complete building that Michael was simply mesmerized by.

The rest of the morning passed in a similar manner, Michael wandered around the city center, taking in the sights, occasionally snapping pictures of this detail or that.

Going back to his room, it struck him that he hadn't thought of Sasha for almost the entire morning. This brought out conflicting emotions, he knew that he had to move on but was also pained to think that she was slipping away from him.

Unlacing his boots he lay back on the newly made bed for a nap before meeting Ms. Smyth in a few hours, a new chapter in his life about to begin. ............

"Valerie, its Ian", the phone call was a bit unexpected.

"Just wanted to let you know that Michael got in safely last night, there was a bit of...drama on the flight, take it easy on him today will you."

Valerie could hear the smile in her uncles' voice. "I will make every attempt not to damage him too severely uncle," she replied.

"Dinner this weekend with you and Millie?" She asked

"Yes I think that would be wonderful, there are only a few weeks left until the festival and I know Millie would like your input on some of the final details" Ian replied.

Every year Ian hosted a harvest festival in Nogardshire, it was thought of as one of the best parties of the year and was always attended by a unique cross section of guests.

"That would be wonderful I'll be glad to help out, I'll ring you after my meeting, got to run, cheers."

"Cheers Val, talk with you in a bit."

As Ian rang off Valerie looked at the clock on the wall for the hundredth time that day, only another half hour, 'I hope the man is prompt,' Valerie thought as she opened her laptop to check her email. ............

The phone woke Michael, startling him; he reflexively jumped up, taking a moment to register where he was.

Picking up the phone he thanked the front desk for the call. Stripping off his sweater he went into the bathroom; looking in the mirror he seemed no worse for wear from the interesting flight and the jet lag that he should be free of by tomorrow.

Washing his face then brushing his teeth he thought about the meeting this afternoon.

Valerie had seemed very pleasant on the phone; eager to fill the vacant positions she had probably come off as overly nice.

'Probably seventy five years old,' Michael thought as he stepped to the closet and pulled out a fresh shirt.

Dressed, he grabbed his leather jacket and sunglasses and set off for his meeting.

The light knock on the door startled Valerie as she had been reading over Millie's email about the final details for the festival.

"Come," she said absently, trying to finish the email.

Michael had walked from the hotel to the campus. He was almost late as the wonderful mixture of architectural styles and construction methods had him pausing at almost every building he passed on his way to Valerie's office.

The place suited him, 'I could be happy here,' he thought to himself as he knocked on the door, hearing a delightful "Come" he turned the knob and entered Valerie's office.

To say Valerie was stunned was an understatement. She looked up as she finished Millie's email and the visage she was faced with left her emotions in turmoil.

He had an easy stance, one that was both engaging and controlled. Dark close-cropped hair, a chiseled face with strong cheekbones and jaw line, luminous brown eyes that seemed to reach out and caress you when they were aimed your way.

Standing at about 6'2 Michael Dane was just about as close to perfect as Valerie had ever encountered. She had seen pictures of Michael before but none of them captured the...aura that surrounded him in person.

After stepping into the office Michael quietly closed the door and moved towards the desk, stopping he regarded the young woman sitting behind the desk.

The fair skin is what he was drawn to first, like porcelain she seemed to radiate a soft white light from her skin. Her auburn hair and blue eyes accentuated her amazing skin tone and as their eyes met it was as if a high-tension wire had dropped on the floor of the room, freezing them mid-action.

Both sat staring at the other for one long moment, it seemed to last an eternity for the two, but then Michael snapped out of his reverie, a deep and abiding pain lanced through his heart.

Backing towards the door Michael words were choked as he said, "Please, please excuse me I'm...I'm not feeling well," and then he was gone.

Valerie sat behind her desk, her heart beating like that of a rabbit who just escaped the fox.

'What was that,' she wondered as she stared at the closed door wondering how she could feel such loss because of an empty room and a door to soon closed.

Michael slumped against the wall outside the administration building; tears flowed freely from his eyes.

The pain and emptiness of Sasha's loss was again writhing through his soul.

Valerie had affected him just like Sasha had the first time he saw her, it was impossible that there could be two women with whom he could share this all-encompassing connection.

Sasha was the one, the only one to hold sway on his soul.

He stumbled away from the building, wracking sobs wrenching his body, he fell to the grass under a tree in the quad, he was slipping away again, just like the night back home, he didn't have the strength, he couldn't betray Sasha, the darkness overtook him.

The last thing he heard before unconsciousness took him was the other, her wails rising in symphony with his own, she shared his pain, knew his struggle and would try to lend her strength to his to help him through it and share her wisdom so he could finally put Sasha to rest and move on with the dance of life.

Valerie stood at her window, looking down on the quad.

She had seen the look in his amazing eyes, one instant content and passionate, the next filled with sorrow and pain.

She hugged herself, still feeling the loss of his departure, then she saw him, staggering away from the building, falling to the grass, she could hear his sobs, feel his pain as he crumpled to the grass.

She flew from the room, knowing only that she had to be at his side, had to help him get beyond whatever tragedy had poisoned his soul.

Vjax
Vjax
946 Followers