Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 07

Story Info
The Adventures of Michael Dane continue.
3.2k words
4.63
29.8k
9

Part 6 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
945 Followers

Michael was standing in front of the DMD Offices, it was fall and Gainesville was cooling down.

Having just finished the biggest sales pitch of his life the adrenaline was still pumping through his system. Fishing out a cigarette he lit it and took a long pull, finally starting to get his nerves under control. Walking around the side of the building he thought about the project he and Steve had been working to get for the last six months.

The Equinox Center would be a multi-use commercial/residential building overlooking the intercoastal waterway just outside downtown Jacksonville.

At 350,000 sqft it was a major project that had some of the biggest architecture firms in the country submitting proposals to do the design/build. The process had been long, with untold hours and a good amount of expense involved, but it was now down to just two firms, DMD and PFVS out of Atlanta.

Michael thought the meeting had gone very well. He hoped that his passion for the unique site and integration of so many dissimilar uses into a cohesive, overriding spatial plan had not come off as desperate or ass kissing.

Steve came out of the office, walking the clients to their cars.

"Thank you again for the opportunity, we are looking forward to working with you," he said to the head of the development group.

As the car pulled away Steve ran to the side of the building, sure that is where he would find Michael.

"We got it," he said with a goofy lopsided grin on his face.

Michael pulled his best friend into a warm embrace.

"This is huge, it will really put us on the map in the Southeast," Michael said pulling away from his friend and taking another long pull off his cigarette.

They sat quietly for a few moments both contemplating the amount of work to come over the next three years, pleased that their passion and vision was being noticed and that their future prospects seemed bright.

When they had started out six years ago both of them had dreams of being rock star architects, jet setting around the planet pushing the cutting edge of design, building in remote and exotic locations.

As is so often the case, reality was a bit different from the dream, but both men were proud of what they had done with TRX after buying it from Terrance's widow.

They had paid Eloise double what the company was worth; they felt they owed it to Terrance after all he had done for them.

Pushing himself away from the fender of Michael's Porsche Speedster Steve said "gotta run, I want to tell Marsha in person."

Smiling to himself Michael wished his friend a good evening and watched him sprint to his truck and take off for home.

Home, Michael mused, not so much a place as a feeling; a feeling elicited by those you spend your life with.

DMD was his home and this left Michael feeling that a huge part of his life was missing.

Flicking the cigarette away Michael strolled off towards the park hoping that the cool fall air on this sunny afternoon would help to blow away the feelings of lack in his personal life.

Walking down the tree-lined path he paused and turned for no good reason and that is when he saw her for the first time.

She was wearing a white silk dress, 'kind of an odd choice for fall,' he thought.

It moved against her body like a cloud, accentuating her hips, then shifting, pulling tight over her breast showing her breeze hardened nipple and then her belly, flat and firm.

'I must be dreaming,' he thought as he turned to follow her.

She is in a hurry, moving fast probably to get out of the cold; her long graceful strides show a power and precision that is alluring and frightening at the same time.

She sprints across the street and disappears into an office building, the last image of her, windblown hair, calf flexed in extension, arm outstretched to push the door before her, is burned into Michael's mind like an after image from a strobe light.

Finding a bench with a view of the door he waits, 'whomever she is I have to know her name,' he thinks, while pulling his leather jacket around him to stave off the increasing cold.

An hour and four cigarettes later Michael stands, 'she's coming,' he thinks.

Focusing on the door he waits, the anticipation and tension building.

And then she is there, pushing out through the door she looks pleased, there is a smile on her face as she fishes through her purse, pulling out her phone she looks up and down the street as she dials a number.

Glancing across the street she sees him, more appropriately she is affected by his presence. As their eyes meet, the phone falls from her hand shattering at her feet, an ominous portent reflecting the fundamental change her life has just taken.

She is lost in his eyes, the instant she met his gaze his face lit up like the sun, it felt as if she had been shocked, standing motionless she watches as he crosses the street, his features coming into better focus but her gaze never leaving his eyes.

Walking across the street it was pure luck that Michael was not hit by a car.

Not looking anywhere but in her eyes he was drawn closer too her.

The street seemed endless as the distance shrank and his tension increased, closer and closer to those dulcet depths until he was standing before her.

They stood for only a moment before shifting their gaze but it was a moment they would re-live a million times; it always replayed every time their eyes met during their brief but passionate time together.

Reaching out his hand he says "I'm Michael, Michael Dane."

Looking down at his strong rugged hand her attitude shifts. Taking his hand in both of hers she looks back up into his eyes, smiling she lifts up on her toes and kisses him gently on the cheek.

"Yes Michael, I know who you are, please let go and be happy." The world fades to black as Michael falls to the ground.

...............

"He just collapsed, move in, possible sniper, protocol five," Cal said as he began moving across the quad towards the downed man.

Six more of Ian's operatives moved out of their spots towards Michael as well.

Cal was about fifty feet from his mark when he saw Valerie Smyth come running out of the administration building.

"Hold," he whispered as he watched Valerie sprint over to Michael.

"Reset and keep a watch, six report in to base," Cal finished as he slowly moved back to his place among the people strolling through the quad.

Valerie went to her knees next to Michael's limp form, taking his head in her hands she gently started to talk to him.

"Michael, Michael wake up, its ok, your ok, please wake up your going to be fine," she heard him groan as her fingers played through his hair. 'Oh thank god' she thought never breaking her contact with him as he began to stir.

'Feels like home,' he thought.

As his focus began to return it all came crashing back to him, the vision of Sasha; Valerie; oh my god, she is here, I can feel her, her hands in my hair, her knees at my side, everywhere she touches lights up, just like... no not again, enough of this, its time to move on.

Slowly opening his eyes his internal struggle at last won, Sasha was at peace as was he.

"Valerie, I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me," Michael said as he got shakily to his feet.

Stumbling she was there taking his arm over her shoulder, steadying him, more contact, 'her hip against mine, her breast pushing softly into my side, oh god I just want to take her right here,' he thought.

'So strong, so much muscle,' she thought as her body pressed close to his as she steadied him; for the first time taking in his scent, musky with a hint of cloves, it was almost too overwhelming this assault on her senses.

She took deep breaths; steadying herself hoping he would not fall, as there was no way she could hope to lift him again.

'Enough of this', Michael thinks to himself.

'This is why I am here, she will be with me always,' a pain slides across his heart as he thinks this last, what he had always thought of Sasha.

Shaking his head he modifies his thought, 'she will be with me as long as she can.'

"I'm sorry Valerie, not a great first impression of your visiting professor I'm afraid, I must be a bit more jet lagged than I thought," Michael said straightening himself and pulling away from her.

Distance, disconnection it is something rarely noticed, but Valerie noticed it immediately.

As Michael pulled away from her, straightening as he spoke the parts of her body that were seconds ago in contact with his felt...wrong, cold as if they were not feeling fully unless connected to Michael.

'Oh god, he doesn't feel it, if he did he never would have pulled away from me, he is making polite conversation when all I want is for him to hold me and never let go,' she thought as she looked up into his eyes.

She was amazing, now that he had some perspective he realized his feelings for her were subtly different than those he had for Sasha.

Now he could feel the variations in his connection with Valerie. It was more energetic, livelier.

His love for Sasha had always felt comforting, like a favorite blanket that warmed you through childhood. Valerie was different, as if his connection to her was at a different vibration, the same song only played in a different key.

'I have to control myself, all I want to do is take her in my arms and never let go but this is not Sasha, she may not feel it or may not understand what she feels, I have to take it slowly,' he thought to himself as he gently took her hand in his.

"Can I walk you back to your office Valerie? If you have the time I think we can still have our discussion." Michael asked.

He took her hand in his and all of her fears evaporated, the connection ratcheted up in intensity again, she heard his voice, something about a discussion.

"Yes that would be wonderful, I'm glad your feeling better," she said lamely as he dropped her hand and moved his to the small of her back, occasionally touching her but always close, she could feel it even when his hand floated above her skin, not physically joined but connected nonetheless.

As they made their way back to Valerie's office Michael's mind was whirling.

'I'll need to take this very slowly, she is young probably 15 years younger than me, I'll have to be kind and polite; hopefully she will feel the connection eventually and then, well we will see,' his thoughts concluded as they reached Valerie's office.

"Go on in and sit down, I'll just be a moment," she told Michael as she spun, nearly running to the lady's room after he went into her office.

Michael looked around the office, trying to get a sense of the amazing young woman who worked here, looking for anything that could help him gain her trust and hopefully open her heart.

The office was neat and tidy, shelf lined walls contained books of every sort.

Looking over the titles Michael realized they were categorized, work, non-fiction and fiction. There were policy and procedure manuals, student orientation pamphlets, books on literature and science.

The fiction was a mixture of mystery and romances an eclectic selection of current authors and the classics, which showed a broad appreciation for the varying genres.

The many pictures around the room showed what looked to Michael's trained eye to be an 8th or 9th century castle, all of the photo's featured a very distinguished older man and a stunning woman he could only assume was his wife, in various locations around the grounds.

Michael picked up one large photo of the man and woman standing on what appeared to be a terrace, in the background was a beautifully manicured maze.

Tracing his finger over the geometric patter of the maze he was once again awestruck by these amazing constructs.

Michael had studied the design of these garden maze's in college and was always amazed by the forethought and upkeep that must go into keeping one of them in shape.

"That's my Uncle Ian and his companion Millie," Valerie said, startling Michael from his reverie.

Valerie stood in the lady's room feeling flush and excited. Never had anyone elicited such strong emotions in her, as had this tall American with the weary soul.

Cursing herself for a stupid child she moved into a stall and reaching under her skirt and pulled off her panties. They were soaked, as if she had spent an hour in the gym.

"Crazy," she said aloud as she relieved herself then wondering what to do with the panties she quickly stuffed the small lace g-string into the trash bin "there's forty pound down the drain," she mused as she turned on the water, washing her hands and splashing water on her face, Valerie tried to compose herself.

'I can't just throw myself at him,' she thought 'but he has to know, he just has to know what I'm feeling, slow down Val, take it slowly, he has obviously been deeply hurt by something, spend some time see if he feels what you feel.'

Finishing up she looked at herself in the mirror 'you can do this, he is the one,' she thought, as she strode out of the room.

A slight breeze came through the open window near the door to her office, sliding through the thin silk of her skirt and playing over her still wet pussy it gave her a start and a grin as she opened her door.

Michael was standing by the window and Valerie couldn't help but notice how good his ass looked in his tight jeans. With a giggle in her voice she said, "That's my Uncle Ian and his companion Millie."

Michael turned and smiled "the property these were taken at is lovely, would you know where it is I would love to take a look at it. This maze in particular seems to be one of the most unique I have seen," Michael finished, his breath once again taken away by the sight of her.

Laughing, she answered, "that is Nogardshire Castle, it's about an hour from here, uncle Ian and Millie live there and I grew up playing in that maze."

She smiled at his confused look that suddenly turned to a realization that Ms. Valerie Smyth comes from a very interesting family.

The meeting passed too quickly for both of them.

Michael asked all the questions he could think of about schedule and course work.

Valerie explained to him that the course work was up to him; she gave him copies of the course outlines and informed him that it was up to him how he achieved the course goals. Classes would start in a week, Valerie gave Michael his professor credentials and passwords for the schools website along with his class roster for the two classes he would be teaching.

In the end it was Michael who brought the meeting to a close.

"Valerie" he started "I just want to say thank you for the opportunity and for putting up with my...ill health earlier. It has been a great pleasure meeting you and I hope as the term progresses we can see more of each other," Michael finished, letting his last statement hang in the air.

'I'd like to see more of you, in fact all of you,' Valerie thought blushing slightly.

"No worries about before; the plane ride between here and New York can sometimes seem like a shift in worlds along with the time. I hope to see more of you as well, it has been a pleasure," Valerie said, trying to regulate her breathing as her emotions jumped into overload as Michael's departure loomed.

Rising, Michael extended his hand. "I'm off, I think some rest would be best, I'm meeting with the real estate person you recommended in your email tomorrow morning first thing." Taking a chance he continued "Any chance that your free tomorrow, I would appreciate your suggestions on places to live close to the campus" Michael said a bit to quickly.

Smiling, Valerie answered, also a bit too quickly. "That would be lovely, I mean...I'd be glad to help out."

"Excellent, lets meet at the real estate office around 9:30am if we finish quickly we can have an early lunch?" Michael questioned.

"That sounds very nice" Valerie said, smiling demurely as she reached out to take his offered hand.

When they touched it was a replay of earlier, heat and electricity; she watched in slow motion as, on the spur of the moment, he bent at the waist, bringing his lips to the back of her hand.

His lips touched her skin and it took everything in her not to pass out, it felt warm and moist as if his lips generated their own special kind of heat, like a 5th element that could, upon touch alone, light up your soul.

Her skin tasted salty and sweet at the same time and her fragrance reminded him of the orange blossoms back home. Their eyes met and held for an instant then with a smile he was gone, taking long strides out of her office and disappearing through the door.

Valerie sat in her chair looking at the picture he had been holding, seeing the maze, imagining walking through it with Michael at her side. She saw herself showing him the maze's hidden center and then showing him her own.

Michael stood in front of the administration building looking up to where he thought her window was.

'Can I really do this,' he wondered, suddenly feeling very conflicted.

The Other's voice resonated through his head, speaking in a loving but stern tone. 'Question this no further,' and then she was gone.

Shaking his head he walked through the quad heading back to his hotel, looking forward to the passing of the moon to when he could see his Valerie again.

Cal spoke to his team. "Looks as though he is heading back to the hotel, standard shadow deployment, six, call base with the details and confirm once he is back in the hotel."

Seven people made their way out of the quad, their attention focused on Michael, scanning the crowd he moved through, looking for threats, gauging possibilities.

None noticed the slim woman with the violet eyes as she moved off in the opposite direction thumbing through her phone list she pushed the call button when the name Nicolas flashed on the screen.

Vjax
Vjax
945 Followers