Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pulling them both onto the bank he saw the blood trickling from the woman's mouth and turned her on her side so she would not choke.

Looking at their surroundings he knew they were lucky, the combination of the current as well as the low gray light of the dawn had hidden them from further pursuit...for the moment.

Leaving his charge on the bank he climbed the berm and found himself looking at a vacant parking lot, 'won't be vacant for long,' ran through his mind as the light continued too grow. 'They will be here soon, not enough distance,' he cursed in his head as he made his way back down to the woman.

"Go," she said as he returned.

In her semi-conscious state she understood that they were on the riverbank and not far enough away from those who wished to kill them.

"Not likely, stay quiet we are in trouble and I have to figure a way out of this and get you to a hospital," he whispered while delicately moving the matted hair from her dark green eyes.

"No hospital, Nigel, call...," She faded in his arms. Looking her over he noticed the communication gear on her belt and the sidearm in the holster.

'Jesus, England is a bitch,' Michael mused as he found the base unit for the com and gave it a try, doubtful it would work because of the water.

"Hello, is anyone there," Michael keyed the channel closed and waited.

"Who is this," the tentative voice replied.

"My name is Michael, I'm with a woman who has been shot and needs medical attention, she asked that I not take her to a hospital, she mentioned someone named Nigel."

"I'm Nigel, where are you," there was a noticeable sense of relief in the others voice as Michael gave him their general location.

"Please stay where you are, we will be at your location in under two minutes and...thank you for helping Tera," Nigel closed the connection.

'Tera,' the name slid around in Michael consciousness looking for purchase.

"Tera, its ok, Nigel is on his way," Michael whispered in her ear as his warm hand cupped her cheek. Through the pain and cold a small smile crossed her lips at his touch and the tenor of his voice when he said...Tera.

"We have located Michael and my operative, apparently she has been shot, Michael seems fine," Nigel said, the relief evident in his voice.

"Check him Nigel, under his left arm, I don't think it is life threatening but make sure our people check him out thoroughly, what's your cover story," Ian relaxed knowing that Michael would be with his people in moments.

"Local tactical team doing recon on suspected terrorists, it should be fairly easy to convince Michael of the story," Nigel responded, while wondering how the hell Ian would know the exact location of Michael's wound.

"That works, keep me updated," Ian hung up and turned to Valerie, "Michael is fine Val, don't worry, rest." he said to the girl lying on the bed.

She nodded, she already knew that Michael was fine, but that knowing bothered her as she lay on Ian's bed, looking out at the growing gray dawn, 'how can I know,' she thought, tears glistening in the corners of her eyes.

Michael heard the cars enter the parking lot before he saw them, two black Mercedes an S500 and an ML500, they pulled in going slow.

Michael stood and waved. The cars turned and moved to where he was propped against a tree, the adrenaline dump finally coming, making it hard for him to stay on his feet.

"She is down at the bank, I couldn't get her up here, I think I caught a ricochet," Michael said as he slumped, being caught by Nigel.

"Get her in the car and stabilized, you take a look at this one, under his left arm," Nigel barked orders and looked at the sun as it broke through the clouds bathing the little scene in a bright light that despite the circumstances brought a small smile to Nigel's face.

'Hell of a morning,' he thought getting back in the car as they drove off towards the safe house their two charges wounded but alive. 'Yes...hell of a morning'

............

"Hans, it's Ian, he has gone to far, have Nicolas call me, tell him to call me soon or I will come find him." Ian hung up the phone and finished off the glass of scotch, he placed the empty glass down on the antique desk with a trembling hand.

Hans sat stunned at his desk, a storm moved down off the mountain towards the lake behind him, lashing the calm water into a writhing sea of white caps, he had never heard such fury in Ian's voice...he hoped he would never hear it again.

12