Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 26

Story Info
Novel length story following the adventures of Michael Dane.
6k words
4.79
22k
9

Part 24 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

Michael's eyes opened slowly. The languorous pull of contented sleep not wanting to release its grip easily. Gray light spilled into the room from the open French doors beside the bed.

Morning had come, a bit later than the past few days.

The evening had held so much for all of them. It was an ending and a beginning. What ended was the tentative steps towards the edge of the abyss. The questioning wonder of finding new love. Finally releasing the worries and concerns of what may lay beyond the steady ledge of reason.

Together the three of them joined hands and leapt head long into the abyss. Michael had no question that the decision had been the right one. Having these two amazing women at his side was worth any risk, any price.

Looking down he found his bare chest covered in waves of auburn hair. It spilled over him as if a painter had tripped sending the bright hue twirling across him like a haphazard quilt.

Slipping his hand across the warm sheets he found the impression of where Tera had lain still held her warmth. Its signature now as recognizable to him as the cadence of his own heart.

Gently sliding from underneath Valerie's embrace, Michael sat at the edge of the bed. Last nights passions replaying in his head like a dream. Could anyone be this lucky, could anyone truly find two people so in tune, so in love, so right.

He smiled as he stood for he knew that the answer was a resounding yes. And he was the lucky bastard who had found it.

Tera was leaning against the balcony railing looking out over the rolling hills beyond the castle plateau. She wore a thin t-shirt and tight briefs that clung to the curves of her hips and ass.

Michael walked up behind her, arms slipping around her waist. She was still warm from the bed, even though the temperature had dropped outside since yesterday.

She sighed as his arms enfolded her. His lips placing a light kiss on the back of her neck before his chin landed softly on her shoulder.

"I love you."

His breath was warm as it passed her ear. She shivered from the desire that reared up at his simple statement.

"And I you. Good morning my love." Tera responded as she turned in his embrace. Her lips found his and they joined in a long sensuous kiss. It was obvious to Tera after a moment that the building desire she felt was mirrored in Michael.

"Didn't we tire you out last night," she said playfully as her hand gently passed over his arousal.

"There is no such thing as tired when you or Valerie are in my arms."

Tera swooned a bit at his overtly romantic and yet absolutely heartfelt response.

"Later, we need to get cleaned up and get going. We are running a bit late this morning," she laughed as she disengaged herself from his embrace and moved back into the room.

Michael turned and watched her go. He loved to watch Tera move, the thinly veiled strength of her. The way her toned body flexed as she walked. She carried herself in a manner that was simple, compact, precise. He also, of course just loved to watch her perfect ass.

Tera threw a pillow at Valerie as she passed on her way to the bathroom.

"Get up sleepy head, time to start the day, we're running late."

Valerie mumbled a response to Tera's words as she stretched under the covers. After a moment she was up, giving Michael a little wave and blowing him a kiss as she followed after Tera.

Michael turned back to the view before him with a contented smile.

Being with Valerie and Tera last night had been amazing. What amazed him the most was how...complete it had been. He had been satisfied not just physically by their union, but also mentally and emotionally.

Dark gray clouds formed mountains in the air as he watched them pass, blown by a strong north wind.

Last night, the three of them arm in arm, walked back to the castle. The moon lighting their way. They had laughed easy laughs, felt secure in the simple act of being together. This morning that feeling was only stronger. Michael wondered at it, and, taking a deep breath, allowed that it would simply continue.

A warm hand slid around his waist, grasping his cock.

"Your turn stud."

Michael turned and pulled Valerie into his arms. She was warm from the shower, hair still wet.

"Good morning Valerie, I love you." He said before kissing her.

Valerie sighed as the kiss broke.

"Good morning to you lover." She said as he let her slip from his arms to go dry her hair.

Michael watched as she towel dried her hair. Valerie was a lush vision, breasts swaying, hips rotating in an innocent but seductive oval as she moved the towel roughly over her hair.

'I better shower or none of us will leave the room,' he thought to himself as he walked past his other mate, now standing in the doorway of the bathroom, water still running in sensuous rivulets down her body.

"Hurry up, I'm hungry," Tera said, giving his ass a slap as he passed by her and entered the bathroom.

All of them were laughing as they went about getting ready for the day. ............

Nicholas knew that Ian had set up a very strong security web around the festival. It would require a bit of effort to slip among them unseen.

However, a good hunter always knew more about its prey than the prey usually did. This worked in Nicolas's favor as he donned the stupid praetorian armor and ornamental helm that would hide his features. He would be almost invisible, yet noticed by everyone.

The van door opened and he stepped out.

The wind had picked up over night, the clouds building from the north. It would be a gray day.

'All the better,' Nicholas thought as he walked quickly down the curving path towards Nogardshire and his destiny. ............

Ian and Nigel walked slowly from the castle proper. The final day of the festival held a few more tournaments, many of the vendors would be judged on their work and the final gathering would take place at the central bonfire this evening before the feast.

Yesterday had gone well, Ian didn't know if this was a good thing or not.

"Are all of the security patrols in place?"

Ian's voice carried a worried note.

Looking over at his friend, Nigel regarded him for a moment before answering. He looked tired, as if something were weighing on him that he could not escape.

"We are in good shape, the teams know what to do, what to look for. We have this place locked up tight. I don't think a field mouse could get in here without us knowing about."

Nigel tried to sound confident but was only partially successful. He knew that they were well covered for normal circumstances. However, who they were dealing with, trying to keep out, was anything but normal.

"It will be as it should, the path is set now, the future...comes."

Ian's cryptic response made Nigel turn and face his old friend.

Ian was looking at him, a small smile on his lips.

"Thank you Nigel for always being there, for fighting the good fight. I could not have asked for a better friend than you have been down through our long years. Your job today is to protect Michael, Nigel. I know you're worried about me and what may happen if Nicholas shows up. There really is no question for me that he will, however fate is always around and capricious. Just promise me that you'll watch out for Michael, Valerie and Millie. No matter what happens don't let harm find them my old friend."

Ian was looking at Nigel as he said this. But he really wasn't seeing him. The distant look in Ian's eyes chilled Nigel as they walked on towards the tournament grounds in silence.

Ian was resolute. Today would herald the beginning of a new future, unseen and untested. But a future filled with hope. Could anyone truly ask for anything more. ............

Sims watched from the darkened surveillance room as Elise slept.

Yesterday had been a whirlwind. Luckily he was trained to ride such things, not be engulfed by them.

There was something about this woman, something that pulled Sims to her.

She was pretty but not gorgeous. The fact that Elise was younger than he never entered his mind. There was just some intangible connection that Sims could neither deny nor explain. All he knew for sure was that he wanted to keep her close to him, to protect her. He had never met anyone who seemed to need protecting more than she.

The light came on in the room, bringing Sims back from his ruminations.

Elise stirred in the darkened room, she felt comfortable, safe. This was a first for her in a very long time. So much of the past years were a blur for her. It was as if she had been present but blindfolded, only allowed to see bits and pieces from time to time around the edge of it.

'Sims is watching me.'

She thought as she stretched under the covers before slipping from the bed and turning the light on.

The thought of Sims watching her did not upset her in the least.

He had been her constant companion yesterday. This morning she felt reborn. As if the trials of the day before had cleansed her, allowing that with this sunrise she could start fresh, find a future filled with hope instead of lurking dread.

Elise pulled off the t-shirt she had been wearing to sleep in and let it drop to the floor.

In the surveillance room Sims blushed as he turned away from the monitor at being confronted by her naked form.

Although the glimpse had been momentary, it was an image he would always carry with him.

Long blond hair that fell across her shoulders like a golden waterfall as she pulled the shirt over her head.

The full swell of her breasts as they settled on her chest.

The slight ripples evident across her firm abdomen.

A wild blond triangle that harbored her sex.

Her hips flaring in a subtle curve down to firm thighs.

With a sigh, Sims turned back to the monitor in time to see Elise step out of the bathroom. Now dressed in jeans and sweater his attention was pulled to her pale blue eyes. He could think of nothing better in this moment that becoming lost within their depths.

"Sims, I'm hungry, come take me to breakfast."

Elise looked up into the camera, right at him, with a smile on her face as she made her demand in a playful voice.

Sims was still blushing as they walked out of the barracks towards the festival grounds.

............

The gray morning gave way to a dark afternoon.

Cobalt clouds roiled on the horizon as Michael, Tera and Valerie made their way to the finals of the sword competition.

This would be the final set of games. After this everyone would take a break for a few hours before the final banquet this evening.

There was a large crowd gathered around the sword ring. Michael found himself wedged between Tera and Valerie. He could not think of a place he would rather be.

"Michael," Nigel called from behind him.

Turning Michael slid his arm from around Tera and extended his hand to Nigel.

"Miserable weather but everyone seems to be having a good time. Come to watch the final few matches?"

Michael asked as he shook Nigel's hand.

"Yes, it's been pretty quiet all day. The other games are done. I wanted to come by and watch the final on this one."

Nigel was not being exactly honest. He had been shadowing the trio all day. As this was the final part of the tournament he used the opportunity to be close to Ian, as he would be handing out the prizes for the winners.

The four turned their attention back to the circle.

A man dressed as a roman soldier had been doing very well. Many of the locals who had won over the years found themselves touched by killing blows so quickly that the how of it barely registered. The man was damn good; everyone who had been watching figured he was a shoe in to win.

Nigel watched the match, curious about the man. He walked over to Ian after making sure his two men were close to Michael and his women.

"Who's the new chap?"

Nigel asked as he came up behind Ian.

"Not sure, but I've never seen his equal, he has only to beat Hamish there and that will be it."

Nigel could hear the admiration, and questions, in Ian's voice.

The fighter's stance was easy, not rigid like most who did this type of fighting. His motions were fluid and quick as a snake.

With a quick dodge and an overhand touch the final blow came and the stranger was victorious.

The crowd applauded as the victor shook his opponents hand glancing around at the crowd.

His eyes passed over Michael and in that moment Michael's body went cold.

Valerie and Tera both noticed the change immediately. They turned to look at him as he pulled Valerie into his arms quickly and kissed her before moving off dodging through the crowd towards Ian.

Ian gave Millie's had a little squeeze as he kissed her softly on the lips. It lingered for a moment, a brief transfer of warmth and emotion. Then he was moving away, a soft smile on his lips as he went to present the winner with his award.

Nigel glanced away from Ian as he kissed Millie. He noticed Michael moving towards them fast, his eyes beyond him, over his shoulder. A creeping dread passed over Nigel as he turned his head back to Ian. All he found was Millie, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"Stay here."

Tera's firm tone took Valerie by surprise.

Tera motioned with her eyes to the watchers to stay close to Valerie as she moved off after Michael.

Nigel's gaze turned from Millie's as he began to step towards Ian's retreating back. Ian was almost shoulder-to-shoulder with the winner.

Ian watched the man as he came up in front of him. The familiarity he had sensed coalesced in a moment of crystal clarity.

"You old fool."

The voice was venomous as Nicholas took off the helmet, letting it drop to the ground.

"Your time has come old man. The days of hiding in the shadows are over. I am the herald of new era, one where our kind rule. You should have seen this coming Ian, you really should have been harder to deal with, I am a bit disappointed."

Ian smiled as he brought his hand up, grasping Nicholas firmly behind his neck.

Nicholas' eyes went wide for a moment at the contact.

Ian saw the motion at Nicholas' belt. Saw the blurred black outline slip from its sheath in a small backwards arc.

"You're right Nicholas, my time has come. Now that the moment is here, I look forward to sharing it with you."

Ian's hand coiled around Nicholas' neck.

"Come on you coward, take what you believe to be your destiny, welcome the future that comes with your...victory."

Nicholas was given pause by the rage that burned behind Ian's coal black eyes.

And then they were connected.

Nicholas's arm flashed forward, the talon slid into Ian's flesh just under the sternum, as it did so Nicholas pulled up, lodging the point deep within Ian's heart.

Michael, about 3ft from Ian, stopped dead in his tracks.

The world contracted around him. It was as if the energy that had been building around him since he had come to Nogardshire had coalesced into a single overwhelming force. It struck him with the power of a freight train.

Nigel had turned seeing Michael only steps away from Ian. Nigel grabbed him in an iron grip, holding him back from continuing on towards Ian.

"You can't, it's too late, you have to get out of here," Nigel said as he pushed Michael backwards towards Millie who was now weeping openly.

"Let go, you don't understand, I can save him."

Michael struggled against Nigel's grip.

'If I can get to him I can save him like all the others, why won't Nigel let me go goddamnit.' Michael's thoughts had a clear focus, he was not aware of anything other than his desire to get to Ian.

Nigel was close to him, whispering in his ear.

"I said it's too late, there is no power on earth that can save him."

Nigel's voice seemed to bring Michael back to the moment. Turning his head he found Millie being gathered up in Nigel's other arm, a team of men surrounding the three of them. Then Tera was at his side.

"We have to get out of here, Ian is gone, we have to go, now!"

Tera's tone would brook no argument.

Ian felt his life force begin to ebb the moment his heart was penetrated. His eyes locked with Nicholas's.

"You usher in the future today Nicholas, who would have thought you had the strength. You have always been reckless, now I understand. Enjoy what you have wrought this day; revel in this moment's victory. It will be, I believe, the last taste of it you shall ever get."

Ian's words trailed off as he slumped against Nicholas.

In the same instant, Michael screamed in agony, falling to the ground at Tera's feet.

Valerie's watchers had brought her over to Nigel's group as they made their way towards the castle.

Tera and Valerie both stopped. Valerie fell to her knees, grabbing Michael's head in her hands. Tera immediately dropped to a crouch over him. Pulling free her Glock, it moved in a deadly arc behind them, searching for a threat.

Millie looked down at Michael. A wail of anguish issuing forth from her as her eyes closed for a moment.

When they opened, the sadness that had been there only a moment before was gone.

In its place, stony eyed resolve.

"Nigel, get him up and out of here. Tera, Valerie, stay close to him."

Millie's clear strong voice galvanized everyone to action. Two of Nigel's men grabbed Michael. The group, with Nigel in the lead and Tera at the rear, gun drawn, made their way quickly towards the castle. .........

Nicholas slid the talon from Ian's chest. The body falling to the ground at his feet, a pool of blood spreading over the dry grass from under the lifeless body.

He looked around, dazed.

The people had all fled, Ian's lap dog Nigel and his bitch were nowhere to be seen.

'Makes no difference.'

The thought did nothing to quell his growing sense of panic.

'There was suppose to be more, it was suppose to be mine, how, how did the old fucker rob me of what's mine?'

The question ricochets around in his mind as he moved off towards the cliff in the distant.

Nicholas's preoccupation with his own greed left no room for the more pertinent question.

Who now held the power?

............

Michael stirred.

His body felt like it had been run over by a truck.

Every inch of him felt bruised, as if a group of very motivated martial artists had used him for a practice dummy.

He groaned opening his eyes.

The room was bathed in a pale light from the open balcony doors. He was still dressed, only his shoes were missing. Michael swung his feet painfully to the floor, his head coming to rest in his hands.

"Ian."

The name came out in a croaked growl as he stood quickly, immediately regretting it.

"He's gone."

The soft, strong voice from the corner of the room surprised Michael enough to make his battered body loose it's fight with gravity as he sat heavily back down on the bed.

"Millie, what happened, why did Nigel stop me, I could have..."

Michael's voice trailed off, even as he said it he knew there was no truth in his statement.

"It was his time Michael, don't blame yourself, there was nothing you could have done."

Millie stood and walked over to the balcony doors. She stood straight and proud. Millie would grieve for Ian in her own way, in her own time. For now she needed to be strong for Michael, for what must come next.

"Michael," Millie began, looking out towards the cliffs beyond the castle.

"I know that you did not get to know Ian well. But I want you to know that he thought very highly of you. Ian was very happy that Valerie had finally found someone to love. Someone who would take care of her."

"It will take everyone here quite some time to get over Ian's loss. He was a unique man, with a an encompassing spirit."

Millie paused. Michael regarded her.

Standing stoically in the doorway, the ebbing afternoon light playing through her hair, she had a countenance of someone utterly alone in the world.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers
12