Dragon Clans Bk. 02 Pt. 02

Story Info
Following the Adventures of Michael Dane.
8.3k words
4.76
20k
8
Story does not have any tags

Part 27 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

Chapter 2

"We will need to be leaving tomorrow." Millie said as she walked up to stand next to Michael. The ceremony for Ian had just ended, those few in attendance had left only Michael, Valerie, Tera and Millie remained.

Valerie was standing at the entrance to the burial mound, Tera at her side, as she said a final goodbye to her Uncle.

"I haven't made my decision yet."

Millie was surprised by his response but instead of commenting she simply stood with him. They watched silently as dark clouds roiled in the sky, a precursor to a coming deluge that was more a matter of when than if.

Shaking his head, Michael cast a sideways glance at Millie.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't add to the burdens you already have concerning this, especially not today. The last three days have turned my life upside down. I swing from easy acknowledgement to absolute denial on what seems a minute by minute basis." Michael said, giving Millie's arm a light squeeze.

"I understand Michael. Nothing in your past could have prepared you for the revelations of the past few days. As we have talked, the choice is yours, there is always free will." Millie's straightforward manor put Michael at ease.

Movement in the direction of the crypt caught his eye as Valerie and Tera made their way toward him.

"I'll be going to see Aoife again once I get Valerie and Tera settled. I have to talk with them...try and explain this. Try and find a way to convey the meaning and danger involved in taking up the mantle. I can't ask them to follow this path with me unless they understand and knowingly commit." Michael's tone was lifeless as he turned from Millie. A forced smile finding its way to his lips as his women approached.

"They will surprise you Michael." Millie whispered before Tera and Valerie came within earshot.

"Ready?" Michael asked as he pulled Valerie into a tight embrace.

Smiling up at him through clear but puffy eyes she nodded as the four of them fell into step. They followed the well-worn path out of the valley back toward the castle. Behind them the clouds finally gave up their struggle to contain the rain. It fell in thick gray sheets, the crypt and stone monoliths that stood silent sentinel to it, lost to the growing storm.

Their pace was quick returning to the castle. The walk passed in silence as they each found themselves lost to their own thoughts.

' A kings burial.' Tera thought. She had been moved by the simple yet powerful ceremony that released Ian to the ages. 'Would that I could hope to be treated as honorably when my time comes.' Tera thought half wistfully, half with the tone of a prayer.

Michael walked with heavy steps. His decision made, talking with Valerie and Tera was merely a formality. This bothered him. He took neither of them lightly, loved and cared for them with a passion so deep that it sometimes took his breath away. However, in this there could be no turning back. No moving away from the path laid before him. He felt the rightness of it to his very core. He believed that taking up the mantle of the clan would cost him one if not both of the women he loved so deeply.

Valerie felt Michael's hand squeeze hers just a bit more tightly. She looked at his face and was surprised to find fear and resignation there. Michael was the bravest man she had ever encountered. To see him burdened by such things shook Valerie to her core. Michael loved and lived without limits, it was his natural state. She worried for what could weigh so heavily upon him.

Valerie missed Ian's presence, his easy wit and quiet strength. Now, walking between Michael and Tera, she also understood that the ceremony had provided closure for her feelings of loss. Yes Ian was gone, but she was not alone, never would she be again. And this fact filled her with peace that provided an easy flow to her steps as she walked toward the future with those that she loved.

Millie walked alone, a few steps ahead of Michael and the girls. Rounding the bend she sighed seeing the castle come into view. Once Michael took leadership of the clan Ian would truly be at peace. With that, Millie could move forward, helping and guiding Michael along the path that was now set.

Picking up her pace as they entered the grounds of the castle proper she smiled as a break in the clouds allowed warm sunlight to bathe the old pathway to the house.

"I love you Ian," she whispered as the easy warmth enveloped her for a moment, almost capturing the feeling of Ian's arms around her. Turning she smiled at the three lovers.

"I am going to rest for a bit. Michael, if you could find me this afternoon there are several things we need to discuss." Millie said giving Michael a meaningful look before turning and disappearing inside the castle.

Michael moved in front of Valerie and Tera, his free hand finding Tera's. "Lets go upstairs, there are some things I need to talk with you both about." Michael said with a sorrowful look in his eye that both Valerie and Tera noted as he turned and lead them through the side entrance.

In the shadowed entryway Michael looked up the stairs before him. He could still smell the stench left from the attack yesterday morning, eyes closing of their own volition he found himself back in that moment, the fear of losing his lovers overwhelming in both that instant, and in this moment.

...............

Choking black smoke met Michael as he reached the ground floor. Disoriented, he groped along the wall in a crouch holding his shirt over his face. Turning a corner he found himself in the kitchen.

The smoke was not as bad, although the explosion had knocked many things off the numerous shelves, giving the place a surreal feel, as if the world had been tilted on its axis. Gaining his bearings he ran toward the back of the house. His thoughts whirling, a maelstrom of fear for Valerie and Tera and rage against Nicholas, who was undoubtedly behind this latest attack.

Michael ran into the room, finding it in turmoil. Shattered glass from the windows and French doors littered the floor, flames could be seen dancing through the jagged holes left behind. He didn't see Valerie or Tera his fear left him as his rage against those who would harm them consumed him. Stalking toward the shattered windows he looked to find those who had beckoned their own destruction.

Valerie and Tera had come downstairs about fifteen minutes before. The women had spent a restless night without Michael and had awoken early with the intention of tracking down their wayward mate. They were just saying hello to Elise when the attack began.

Valerie, Tera and Elise were knocked to the ground by the first blast as the time hardened foundations shook under the explosion.

"Stay low, both of you. Try to get out of this room." Tera said as she pulled her P226 from the small of her back, moving fast toward the now shattered glass doors that lead to the terrace.

"Everyone stay down!" Nigel yelled to those in the room.

Keying his com he began barking orders. "Team Two and Three set up a perimeter at the back. Team One split up take a side and sweep the rest of the exterior. Team Four stay here, if the opposition makes it through you're the last line. Now GO!"

The first explosion had hit just as Nigel and Sims made their way into the castle for breakfast. Nigel had left Millie only moments before, stopping by the barracks to get a situation report from Sims. Nigel had found Sims and Elise in her room. A stern look from Nigel ended their conversation.

"Why don't you go over to the main house, I'll meet you there in a few minutes." Sims said with a smile to Elise then followed Nigel to the control room.

Sims had broken into a low fast run as soon as the explosion shook the castle. With cautious intention he moved into the large room at the back of the house. Debris littered the area from the force of the recent detonation.

"Elise!" Sims yelled as he ran into the room. Visibility was low. Sims dropped to a low crouch hearing a moan from the back of the room he made his way toward it.

Keying his com Sims looked over the bleeding body of a Team One member.

"Nigel we need a medic, I've got a man down near the explosion, looks like the blast caught him in the face and torso." Sims said as his eyes scanned the room.

"Understood, they are on the way, E.T.A. 3 minutes." Nigel's voice crackled in response.

Finding the mans med kit Sims cracked it open, retrieved a pain surret and injected it into his thigh.

"Stay low and stay put, medics are en route." Sims said in the mans ear as he quickly moved toward the shattered opening at the back of the house.

"Sims!" Tera said in a low controlled voice as she saw him emerge from the smoky interior of the room.

Seeing Tera, Sims made his way over to her, eyes always scanning, on the look out both for threats and Elise.

"Valerie and Elise are at my seven behind the couch. Get them out of here. Now!"

Tera's voice was deathly calm but carried a weight that would not be ignored.

"Will do. We have one wounded and down in the corner, medics on the way, no sign of the opposition." Sims said giving Tera a quick pat on the shoulder before moving back into the room to find Elise.

Tera was just about to move onto the terrace when a strong hand grabbed her bicep. Turning as she brought the gun around to confront her attacker she froze as her eyes locked with Michael's.

In all her years working with some of the most skilled and dangerous people on the planet, in some of the most stressful situations, Tera had never encountered a pair of eyes like those that were now locked with hers. They were almost completely black with the vaguest golden hues that seemed to swirl with an unearthly speed. They were the eyes of chaos, eyes that would lead unerringly to the source of their cause and then, extinguish it without mercy.

"Where's Valerie," Michael almost growled.

Relaxing a bit Tera answered.

"She is towards the back shielded by the couch, I just sent Sims to get her and Elise out of here."

Michael nodded.

Releasing his grip on her arm he stepped through newly formed hole in the wall before Tera could stop him. Shaking her head, fist tightening around the cool butt of her gun she followed him through the breech.

Nigel came into the room with the medics. Assessing the situation he signaled the location of the downed man. As the medics took off in the direction he indicated, simultaneously he saw Sims leading two women out of the room to the front of the house and Michael, follow closely by Tera, running onto the terrace.

"Dammit!" Nigel swore as he followed them, pulling his Desert Eagle from the holster. 'Won't this day ever end,' he thought moving to catch up with the pair.

"This is Holmes, I'm on the roof. Looks like a 5 man team to the rear at the edge of the terrace, they are using the hedges for cover. I saw two with heavy weapons. Team One has completed perimeter sweep, no other unfriendlies encountered." The situation report made Nigel feel a little better as he weighed the odds and the contingencies before keying his own com.

"Team Four send two men out to the terrace, provide cover for Tera, Michael and myself. Team One, leave one man at the front, the rest split around the sides of the house in a wide arc. I want you behind them. When you are in position let me know and we will catch them in a crossfire. Holmes, what assets do you have?" Nigel asked on the run as he moved through the debris toward Michael and Tera who had taken up a covered position behind the now fallen stone fountain in the center of the terrace.

"I have the standard load out with two extra mags and flash bangs for the heavy." Holmes reported.

'Good,' Ian thought as he came up behind Michael and Tera.

"Holmes, load the flash, Team One when you are in position I want a controlled burst over their heads, as soon as that happens Holmes drop the flash behind them. Team Four as soon as the flash goes we move in. One hold your position to pick up any stragglers, I want prisoners people. Everyone copy?"

Tera had turned upon hearing the voice behind her. Eyeing Nigel she returned to scanning the area at the edge of the terrace.

"This is Holmes, Copy. Team Four, Copy. Team One, Copy. Copy, burst in twenty...Mark!"

"Michael stay down and out of the way!" Nigel said, his tone one that would brook no argument.

Michael did not acknowledge his statement. As the fire from Team One began Michael closed his eyes for a moment. In the next he was up and running toward the maze. Blood the only thing on his mind.

"Hold Fire!" Nigel yelled into his com as Michael flashed toward the tight group of men in front of the maze.

"Michael!" Tera screamed as she darted from cover in hot pursuit.

Michael saw the group of men, felt the rage shift to a blinding fury that ached for release.

In one glorious instant he released his rage and fury, reveled in its deadly intention. Gave himself over to extinguishing the chaos.

Tera watched as the five men dropped to the ground. Their screams welling forth from the spot where they lay. It rolled over and out enveloping the terrace and the maze in the sound of pure agony.

Tera stopped, Nigel a few steps behind her.

Neither could comprehend exactly what had happened.

The moment drew out..10 seconds...20 seconds...30 seconds...

Michael stood at the edge of the terrace. His chest heaving as he took in great gulps of air. The understanding of what he had wrought began to crystallize in that newly discovered place where his ancient lineage awakened within him.

He was about to fall to his knees, Tera had already started moving toward him when, with a speed none who saw could process, he was in motion again, moving with the surety and purpose of an arrow loosed from it's bow. The burst of motion ended with Michael between Nigel and the previously hidden sixth member of the opposition assault team.

The first shot hit Nigel in the leg.

The second found Michael's shoulder, shielding the shot that would have taken Nigel in the throat.

The third bullet passed through Nigel's arm as he fell.

The fourth was marked by a livid black hole through the center of the sixth mans forehead. Exactly where Tera had placed it.

"God Dammit. Medic!" Tera yelled as both Team Four and Team One moved onto the terrace forming a tight perimeter around the now kneeling men.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Nigel huffed as he looked at Michael.

"That I was being a bit reckless." Michael said with a lopsided grin.

Shaking his head Nigel lay back on the grass, thankful that while there were injuries, they could have been much much...much worse.

"If you ever fucking do something like that again Michael I will..." Tera's words were cut off as Michael pulled her to him, locking his lips on hers in a kiss that was both needy and giving in the same moment. Tera moaned into his mouth, feeling the endorphins in her system begin to loosen their hold.

The medic exited the house sprinting toward the two wounded men.

Thinking the action was over, everyone was startled as an explosion echoed from the cavernous interior of the castle.

Tera stood, looking toward the house before glancing back to Michael. She didn't find him. All she saw was the blur of his back as he ran into the house. However, only a single step separated them as they disappeared into the smoldering hole at the back of the castle.

"Go after them!" Nigel yelled as Team Four bolted to provide backup.

............

Sims found Elise and Valerie crouched behind the remains of the overturned couch.

Pulling Elise to him in a quick embrace, he was amazed that such a simple action could provide such a sense of calm and assurance.

"Are you both alright?" Sims whispered to the two women as he looked around the immediate area.

"Yes, we're OK, where are Michael and Tera?" Valerie asked.

"Outside. We need to get out of here. Stay low and stay close."

Sims gave Elise's hand a squeeze and moved off low and quick toward the back of the room, the women close behind.

Smoke filled the hallway as they ran quickly through the gray haze making their way through the kitchen to the dinning room.

Pausing Sims surveyed the scene. The room was fairly intact. A few paintings had been knocked from the wall but the damage in here was slight, the smoke and fire from the battle behind them had not reached this far.

"You need to go back for Michael and Tera," Valerie said. She was almost frantic that her mates had rushed head long into the battle. 'They should be here, we should be together.' she thought.

Sims saw the manic look in Valerie's eyes, understood that she was going into shock.

Grabbing her by the shoulders Sims looked her in the eye while he pulled her close, giving her no choice but to meet his gaze.

"They are doing what they need to Valerie. Tera is the best I have ever seen. And Michael...well Michael is unique. Keep it together, you can't afford to lose it right now."

As the words left Sims' lips another explosion rocked the foundations of the castle. Moving quickly, Sims pushed Valerie and Elise under the heavy oak dining table. Peering over the edge, looking to the front entrance of the room he saw dark forms moving through the gray ash filled air.

Keying his com, Sims whispered into the air, his Walther held at arms length, hands curled around the butt, finger quivering over the trigger.

"Anyone toward the front of the castle,? I have opposition advancing on my position in the dinning room."

"Sims, Team One already on the way to your location from the rear."

"This is Holmes, moving to position to cover front, hold."

"Dammit, another opposition team converging on the front of the house, I see three men holding a perimeter position, possibly three or more unfriendlies already inside. They blew the front door."

"Holmes, do you have a clear line on the perimeter team?"

"Yes."

"Burn them on Sims' command. Stay in position to clean up any who get out of the house."

As Sims was about to move Michael and Tera came to his side, crouched low behind the table.

"What do we have?" Tera asked, her gun joining Sims' as they moved like lethal snakes over the top of the table, aching to strike.

"Three men, possibly more, they blew the front door." Sims said, grateful that backup had arrived.

Glancing behind him Sims noticed three members of Team One take up position along the back wall. Catching their eyes a swift set of hand motions directed them to split up to flanking positions around the edges of the table and for one to remain by the door to keep a secure retreat point.

Michael found Valerie underneath the table. With a quick motion he pulled her to him and kissed her. It was hard and fast, full of passion and energy that overwhelmed her as it drew out and then broke as quickly as it had begun.

"Stay here, Tera and Sims will take care of this." Valerie said to Michael as he began to pull away from her.

"It's alright Valerie, Michael will fine, he needs to do this, it is not in his nature to stand back while those he cares about are in danger." The response from Elise next to her surprised Valerie. It also calmed her as the tranquil ease of her words lent a profound truthfulness to the statement.

Michael stood, starting to walk around the table with a deliberate ease. Tera grabbed him by the arm before he had taken two steps, pulling him down to her side.

"Not this time."

Tera's tone left no room for argument. However, it still took several seconds for the feral glow in Michael's eyes to recede.

"You two stay here." Sims said in a low voice to Tera and Michael before keying his com.

"Team One on my signal we go," he said raising three fingers over his shoulder where Team One could see them.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers