Dragon Heart Ch. 01

Story Info
Introduction.
820 words
4.34
15.9k
5

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/02/2022
Created 10/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
queenie_D
queenie_D
483 Followers

"This story begins in the middle of a conflict. One that is not easily explained until we go back to the very beginning. Before there were people, the world was created by six immortal beings. Each of these beings were in control of a very specific element. The six elements were as follows: Fire, Ice/Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, and Metal with Fire and Ice being at the very top. The people that now live on this planet called them gods. However, they were and are much greater than that. We are referred to as Drakkons. A drakkon is a dragon elemental that is immortal and can either appear as human or dragon at any given time. My name is Raja and I am the lightning drakkon. I will bring you up to date on our story."

"Centuries ago, all the drakkons were at peace along with the rest of the world. We watched the humans during their squabbles and interfered if needed, but for the most part, we let them be. And throughout that time, all was as it should be. However, one day it all changed."

"As I stated before, the fire and ice/water drakkons were typically the leaders of all the drakkons. The rest of us looked to them for guidance. Hadyn was and still is very hot-headed whereas Neva was very calm and can typically calm the spirits of anyone she came into contact with. The earth drakkon, Zaira, came before all of to plead that we take action against two armies of people fighting against one another. She couldn't bare to see anymore bloodshed and since she had been in contact with the people more than the rest of us, she asked that we intervene to end the violence. Hadyn, quickly disagreed with her, stating that we shouldn't care about the troubles of the people. However, Neva disagreed with him. She could see that Zaira's spirit was being broken by the turmoil with the wars between the people. For the sake of Zaira's spirit and well-being, she sided with her."

"The rest of us were stunned. Typically, Hadyn and Neva agreed on everything and for the first time in centuries, they disagreed. Gaire, Pali, Zaira, and I waited silently as the two of them argued back and forth about why we should or shouldn't intervene. Eventually, the one thing happened, that should have never happened in the first place. Hadyn shifted and attacked Neva. Hadyn had been and always would be a hot-head, but even Neva couldn't protect herself from him. Before Neva could shift and protect herself, Hadyn charged her again. This time she fell towards the earth and plunged into the sea. The rest of us went after her, but only Neva can enter the oceans unhindered and unharmed."

"Several days later, she reemerged. However, when she did, her heart was icy and her spirit had been broken. Hadyn had never done anything like that to any of us. She felt betrayed and for good reason. Neva and Hadyn were not only our leaders, but lovers as well. Her broken heart and spirit drove her to delve deep into the ocean depths to where none of us could reach her. She is still there to this day."

"That left the rest of us to decide what to do with Hadyn. Each drakkon is followed by a series of servants called dragoons. Dragoons are creatures with the body of a human but the wings of a dragon. Hadyn was cast out of the drakkon council. He begrudgingly left and has now taken up residence in a mighty volcano on the opposite side of the world from Neva. We do not know if the two of them can communicate together. Occasionally, we'll hear a faint whisper from Neva."

"The four of us decided to intervene with the human wars and end them. Once they ended, we returned back to Rakkonhime, which is our council in the sky. However, the peace was short lived. Hadyn began to aide the humans. And this time his target was not another clan of humans. His prey was now the rest of the drakkons. Our only hope for ending this rampage is Neva."

"Which brings us to where we are now. Hadyn continually attacks Rakkonhime or any of the drakkons who decide to leave the safety of these walls. He grows angrier each day since he cannot break through the defenses that we all put into place. At least, he hasn't been able to so far. Each day we try and come up with ways to get to Neva and see if there's anything that can be done to bring Hadyn's war-lust to an end. Each time we try, we fail to get anywhere near her."

Raja sighed loudly as he looked on out the window at Hadyn speeding towards Rakkonhime, "Our only salvation lies at the bottom of the sea."

queenie_D
queenie_D
483 Followers