Dragonborn Rising Ch. 20

Story Info
Ragnar falls for another blonde Nordic beauty.
8.9k words
4.74
7.9k
13

Part 20 of the 64 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 20 - Silence Broken

*****

Astrid didn't lie. She found reason to visit Riften rather quickly, no more than a couple of weeks after my own visit to the Sanctuary. Of course, she knew where I lived, and Haelga was at my place when Astrid knocked on my front door. I found the two women meeting rather amusing. Haelga was blunt in her questioning as to who she was. I said she was my lover in Falkreath, and that she was my boss otherwise. Haelga didn't ask too many questions about what I did, and although I hated lying to her, I couldn't freely admit what I did either.

Inviting Astrid in, the two women sat with me at the dining room, and I found it amusing how alike the two women were, at least in appearance. The conversation remained pleasant, Astrid more than aware of who Haelga was, as I'd explained who she was, while Haelga was never jealous of anyone else I was with, though did joke about the fact I'd found a woman rather similar to her in various ways. Admittedly, I would find it difficult to be with anyone even slightly similar to Muiri...

"So will you be wishing to stay the night?" Haelga asked of Astrid.

"That's why I'm here. We need to talk first, but I didn't plan on returning to Falkreath until tomorrow."

"Good thing I haven't worn him out too much." Haelga then looked at me. "Would she be interested in our room though?"

Shrugging, I said, "I'm not sure. We'll have to see."

"Room?" Astrid asked.

"Oh, I'm sure Ragnar will find it rather fun showing you what's in there. And, trust me on this, you might find yourself having quite a lot of fun in there too."

Astrid looked at me, now wondering what Haelga was talking about. "We can look later, if you want."

Haelga did eventually leave, putting on a little show by kissing me hard and practically feeling me up before she left, whispering not so quietly about how sore her arse was after the night before. She probably wasn't lying, as things were very hot, heavy and rough the night before, the pair of us slowly building back up to where we were before things had originally ended. Once I was alone with Astrid, she looked at me questioningly. "What was she talking about?"

"I can show you later, if you'd like. But what brings you here?"

"I have news, Ragnar. I've taken a chance leaving the Sanctuary to bring it to you, but I'm hoping you will return with me tomorrow. Because you're so new, and don't know a lot about us, I find myself thinking you might be the only person I can trust."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"It's a long story, to do with the history of the Brotherhood."

"Okay, I'll get you a drink and we'll sit near the fire. Wine okay?"

"It was a long ride. A cup of wine would be wonderful."

Once sitting together on the lounge, Astrid sitting as close as possible to me, she started to explain the Brotherhood. About Sithis. The Night Mother. The history of what had happened since the Oblivion Crisis. The destruction and loss of sanctuaries around Tamriel. She admitted that the Sanctuary in Falkreath was truly the last, and that she led what was truly the last remnants of a once ruthless but proud organisation.

"That's not all," she continued, "We've had an arrival in the past week. An arrival from Cyrodiil."

"Who?"

"The Night Mother herself. Or what's left of her. Her sarcophagus, to be exact. And her Keeper."

"You don't sound pleased about this."

"Between you and me, I'm not. We stopped using the five tenets long ago. But I can already sense loyalties are divided. Though the others will continue to obey my orders, I know the arrival of the Night Mother has already caused ripples of discontent, some believing we should return to our roots. None of this matters, though, as we don't have a Listener. They are the only one to communicate with the Night Mother herself."

"And you're concerned..."

"Her Keeper, Cicero, is a fucking lunatic, Ragnar. Off the deep end. I guess it's no surprise when you lug a corpse around, and who knows what he does with it in privacy. But it's already obvious he does not like me at all. He's no leader, but he will use the fact the Night Mother is now present to undermine my authority."

"What do you want of me?"

"Your presence at the Sanctuary for a few days."

"Okay."

She looked at me in surprise. "I was expecting..."

"Astrid, I like you already, and it's not like I'm doing much else. If you want or need my help, you have it."

"Thank you, Ragnar. I'm not sure what I've done to already earn such loyalty." I gave her a look, which made her laugh. "Well, there is that aspect, but..."

"I can see you care, Astrid. That's a good reason too."

After a couple of cups of wine, we ended up upstairs, Astrid intrigued as to the room Haelga had mentioned. She had a good giggle at a few things, though suggested that, while intrigued by one or two of the apparatuses, she'd rather keep most of our lovemaking or fucking to the bedroom, and the bed.

We enjoyed the night together and I showed my full appreciation for her body. Her body was a thing of beauty, quite athletic and she proved to be quite flexible at times. She also had stamina, so much like that night in the inn in Falkreath, our lovemaking lasted a couple of hours, finally having to stop, a pair of heavy breathing, sweaty but rather satisfied lovers. Lying on my back, she cuddled into my side, continuing to make out as her hand stroked my chest, feeling her fingers occasionally trail along a scar or two. She had a few herself, and she explained how she had gained one or two of them. She then told the story of how she'd come to work for the Brotherhood. I wasn't surprised by it, considering what she now did, but it was an explanation at least.

I let Haelga know I would be leaving a few days the next morning. She knew it was primarily for work, but our relationship was now as close as before, so she whispered plenty of naughty things in my ear about what she would do to herself while I was gone, before giving me the sort of kiss that would have me wanting to carry her upstairs. She was very much a tease like that, so I simply said I would return as soon as possible, because she would be spending all night in the Dibella room upon my return. She found that prospect very exciting.

Arriving outside the Sanctuary later that day, Astrid and I tied up our horses well away from the main road and walked inside. She stopped me near her table and gave me a little more information. All she wanted was for me to integrate with the rest of them. Talk to them. Get to know them. And subtly try and understand if they were happy about the Night Mother arriving or not. The last thing she mentioned is that I would be sleeping in her room.

"Won't that cause... issues?" I had to wonder.

"They know Arnbjorn left me. They saw what he did to my face. No, it won't cause an issue, and anyone who does have one can talk to you." The smile on her face suggested she wouldn't mind me defending her however I saw fit. But I was still worried.

"Astrid, I'm not..."

She stepped forward, closing my lips with her right hand. "I'm not looking for a replacement, Ragnar. And I know you're not. Definitely not. But it's obvious we like each other. Is that true?" I nodded my head. "I'm aware of your personal history. I'm not expecting anything except for you to share my bed while you are here. And while sharing my bed, I'm hoping we will enjoy each other intimately. Would you like that?" I nodded again. "That's all I want too."

She removed her hand. "Okay," I said quietly before she hugged me. "I am sorry about everything," I added.

"It's not your fault. It was a long time coming, but I guess the mutual attraction and the fact I was willing to sleep with you rather quickly... Well, that's all on me, Ragnar. You are not to blame. And my hus... Well, he is also responsible for choosing something else over his wife."

"He was an idiot, Astrid. I'm no saint, but if it was between you and..."

She didn't let me finish, her mouth eager for mine, and any idea of me joining the rest of her group ended as I found myself dragged into her bedroom, door closed by her foot, and I was quickly undressed and pushed back onto her bed, where she leapt on me and... Well, let's just say she slept very well later that night. Holding her in my arms as she drifted off to sleep, murmuring that she was happier than she'd been in a long time, I knew I had the same feelings for her that I had for Haelga. I had two blonde Nordic beauties as lovers. I would never love them like my wife, but maybe I would love them like... I'm not sure. I knew I'd never marry again. Muiri would always be my one and only. But I would treat Haelga and Astrid near enough the same.

The next few days were spent mostly in the Sanctuary, getting to know the rest of the Brotherhood. It was rather easy to figure out where loyalties lay. Babette near enough considered Astrid her mother. Nazir would only ever follow Astrid, though respected the position of the Night Mother. Gabriella expressed her support for the arrival of the Night Mother, though figured out rather quickly why I was getting to know and speak with everyone, and assured me she still respected Astrid and her position. Festus Krex shared the same opinion as Gabriella, his opinion of Astrid significantly harsher than the Dunmer. Veezara was indifferent, respecting Astrid though intrigued as to what the arrival of the Night Mother would mean for the Brotherhood in Skyrim.

Then there was Cicero. He was a fucking nutcase. Lunatic. I think probably a little insane. Trying to converse with him was incredibly frustrating. Most of the time, I just gave up. He didn't exactly talk in riddles, but it was obvious rather quickly that he detested Astrid and his worship of the Night Mother verged on... Well, I wouldn't have accused him of defiling the corpse to his face but... jokes may have been made...

It was a few days later, lying in bed with Astrid late one night after another couple of hours of rather intense lovemaking, that we discussed what I thought. "They're split," I admitted, "Two back you completely, and care little about the Night Mother. Two think the arrival of the Night Mother has restored the Brotherhood and means you should relinquish leadership. The fifth doesn't care either way."

"And Cicero?" she asked.

"He's fucking insane. And he definitely doesn't like you. No doubt he'll do whatever he can to undermine your authority and ensure everyone eventually follows the wishes of the Night Mother."

"And you?" she asked quietly. I turned her around before rolling on top of her, sliding my cock inside her again, watching the smile form on her face. I didn't reply for a little while, enjoying the slow thrusts into her as her mouth searched for mine. "You're trying to distract me," she finally said, though she said that with a smile.

"I'm yours, Astrid," I whispered.

That made the smile on her face only broaden, and it was only when we finished later that we continued our conversation. "I don't trust him," she confessed.

"Nor do I, but what can we do?"

"Leave it with me. I'll think of something."

"Considering what I've already done for you, all you need do is ask."

I heard a soft sigh. "I'm sorry, Ragnar..."

"For what?"

"Losing her. Because if you were even half the man you were with her than you are with me, then little wonder..."

Running my hands up and down the soft skin of her stomach, I simply said, "Because you've already proven more than deserving of everything I'm willing to give."

"Ragnar, can I admit something?"

"Sure."

"I'm feeling a little sore and tender. It's been a long time since my pussy has seen so much action. And longer since I had it so hard and fast at times. She's crying enough for the moment."

"Want me to stop?"

"No, but tomorrow night, you can have my arse, though only after you've had my mouth. Maybe you can finish on my face?" She smiled as the thought excited me. "And I think something inside me liked those ideas."

I rolled onto my back, taking her with me, so she rested on my chest, kissing her gently. "Well, like the rest of you, your arse is perfect," I said softly.

I watched her eyes close, and a couple of tears fall down her cheeks, so I held her close to me. "Why did he..."

I shushed her. "Don't think about him."

"This is all I wanted, Ragnar. My husband to be with me like this, to show how much he loved me." She lifted her head, leaning up to kiss me. "I love you, Ragnar."

"Astrid..."

"No, you don't have to say anything. It might seem quick, but I liked you immediately. I'll admit, when I had you lying there helplessly, I had some rather unsavoury thoughts about what I wanted to do to you. Then when we were intimate the next time I saw you, I realised what I'd been missing in my life. That night in the inn was the most love I'd felt from a man in years. And this past week, everything we've done, everything we've shared, I've listened to what you said. I know you love Haelga, and you may love me in your own way. Neither of us will replace who you lost, and I don't expect either of us will ever do so. But I trust you with my life, Ragnar."

I kissed her as she started to ride me hard and fast, her climax arriving rather quickly, holding her again once she was finished, as she released some more pent up emotion. Little wonder, as she'd been untouched by the man she had loved most for years. I liked her immensely. Possibly even loved her. I still found it difficult to figure out my feelings after everything. I enjoyed my time with Haelga, and although it felt like it did before Muiri, a little part of me was missing. And probably always would be.

"I can't say those words, Astrid. But I can give you my promise." She looked up to meet my eyes. "I will never hurt you. I will never break your trust. And, most importantly, I will protect you from anyone who tries to take you down."

My presence in the Sanctuary had been quickly accepted. The young vampire, Babette, found it rather amusing how quickly Astrid had moved me into her room, but considering she was three-hundred-years old, she was old enough to understand why. Everyone else was pleased just to see a new face after so many years of stagnation, though were probably smart enough to realise I was an ally of Astrid, first and foremost. Nazir joked about the fact Astrid seemed very pleased that I was present, noting that she was rather vocal during the evening. I chose to look smug instead of embarrassed, which just made him laugh.

Everyone was given a contract while I was there, surprised at how much news did filter back to the Sanctuary about Black Sacraments being performed. Being the last of the Brotherhood, the others did find themselves sent across Tamriel to provide contracts, even into Thalmor occupied lands. At one stage, only Astrid, Cicero and I were left in the Sanctuary, so I spent most of my time around Cicero, ever more convinced he was insane, but also left plotting something, though whether alone or with people he'd managed to influence, I wasn't sure.

I'd been at the Sanctuary for around three weeks when I sat down with Astrid and gave her my thoughts. "There is no doubt Cicero is trying to split those loyal to you and those who wish to see the Night Mother resume her role as Matriarch of the Brotherhood."

"I can take a guess as to those he's working on."

"He's quite obviously insane. I mean, he's off the fucking deep end, Astrid. Quite frankly, even I find his presence here concerning. As for the Night Mother, I guess the choice is yours. We either accept her presence here and wait for a Listener, or we somehow get rid of her and Cicero, and carry on how you want."

"I can't get rid of her. Even those who claim loyalty to me still respect the Night Mother. As for Cicero, all I can ask if that you continue to observe and listen. I've talked to him once or twice myself, but I know he trusts me as much as I trust him in return."

"I'll do what I can." I paused, and that caught her attention. "One other thing..."

"You want to go home for a while?"

"Yes. I've been here a three weeks. I did tell Haelga I'd only be gone a few days, and quite naturally, she worries about me."

"Go, Ragnar. It's fine. But don't be gone too long... for me?"

"Just a couple of nights. I've become quite used to sleeping next to you already."

She laughed. "Yeah, sleeping, Ragnar..."

Returning to Riften the next day, the first place I visited was the Bunkhouse. As expected, Haelga was delighted to see me, dragged me upstairs, and I didn't leave until a few hours later, with a promise that she would come to mine for dinner that night. Having spent so little time with the Guild in the past few months, I headed down to the Flagon, and it was nice that everyone was delighted to see me. Even Vex gave me a tight hug at my appearance. The cistern was as busy as ever, and Brynjolf showed me the vault, where nearly everything Mercer had stolen had been replaced. We had allies across Skyrim and Tamriel, and he assured me they were working to my ideals. Yes, we were thieves at heart, but we helped those even less fortunate than ourselves. Most still hated the Guild and everything we stood for, but slowly but surely, some considered us thieves but with good hearts.

I had a chat with Delvin while I was there, letting him know what I was doing. Apparently Arnbjorn leaving Astrid had made news in the Guild, and he was more than aware of my burgeoning relationship with Astrid. He thought it was rather amusing and said I should just enjoy myself. "Astrid is a fine woman, boss. I can admit I've fancied her from afar for a long time. Wouldn't give me the time of day."

"She was with Arnbjorn?"

"No, it wasn't that. Thieves and assassins don't mix too well. And while I understand what they do, there's a part of me that finds it a little horrifying. In my mind, what we do is rather victimless. We don't commit murder. That's the business of the Brotherhood, and I wonder how much blood is even on her hands." He leaned in close, as he added quietly, "Just be careful, boss. Even though you're not here much, it's your legacy that keeps this place going. We work by your ideals, and this is what's kept us going so far."

"Thanks, Delvin. I think that's the nicest thing you've said to me."

"None of us will tell us what to do, boss. But I can give you one piece of advice. Watch your back. At the end of the day, you are with a bunch of cutthroats."

Haelga arrived for dinner that night, and after I'd taken her coat, to reveal she was nude underneath, eating dinner was quickly forgotten, as she took the lead, heading straight towards the Dibella room. We had dinner much later than planned, only when Haelga was left sweating heavily and very sore. She sat on my lap as we ate dinner, my cock still buried in her arse, which caused me to chuckle half the time, while she near enough had an orgasm halfway through dinner, since she wouldn't stop moving.

We returned to the Dibella room after dinner for a couple of hours more fun, and it was rather amusing when I carried her back to the bed as I'd worn her out completely. But the smile on her face was worth it as she snuggled into my chest, and it was while she was half asleep that I told her how I felt about her again. She looked up and smiled, told me she felt the same way, as she always had, and fell asleep against me.

She was still smiling the next morning. I thought I had to clarify what I said, but it was her turn to shush me, as she knew how I felt about her. It would never be like it was with Muiri. She knew how much I'd loved her, and she knew how it felt to have your heart ripped out when you lost them. So the love we had for each other would never be the same, but we would still have each other. And I would have other women too. She might have the occasional man if I wasn't around, as she knew I still didn't mind that fact.