Dragons of Fraidel Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

Torrence almost blushed, but managed to stop himself. What was wrong with him? He never was the bashful type.

"Yes I did. I dreamt of Galeena again. When I woke up this time, I could smell her." he explained.

"Interesting. Seems like since you both are on the same world, things are more real."

"When do you think I can meet Galeena, for real this time?"

"Hehe eager to get stared now aren't you? Well, I was planning on calling Galeena today to see if we could meet up tomorrow. Last time I saw her, she wanted me to call her the next time was in town."

Ankor didn't tell him how much Galeena meant to him. Ankor had never married, but at one time wished for marriage and children. Galeena was like a granddaughter to him. There was someone he had loved, but that was in the past.

Ankor was jarred out of his thoughts when Torrence asked, "Sir, what do you mean by 'call' Galeena?"

Ankor grinned.

"In this time and age people use telephones to call or communicate with each other. There are different types of phones. Finish your breakfast and I'll explain more."

Torrence looked in surprise that food was in front of him for he always noticed when the food arrived. He nearly sighed in relief to see familiar food and eating utensils. Ankor told him that while here he eats food that could found on Fraidel.

After Torrence and Ankor ate, they went into the library. There Ankor told Torrence more about the history of the world and the USA. This time he gave a few more details. Once again, it was almost a little too much for Torrence, but he found himself fascinated by it. But not all of it he liked. It was a shame how most humans did not believe in magic or dragons or things he considered to be apart of everyday life in Fraidel. Ankor gave him the mystical history of Earth too, which was unknown to most humans. It was sad how people could fear and destroy what they saw as different. After several hours of learning history, Ankor gave him a tour of the mansion and the grounds it's on. Ankor encouraged Torrence to write down his experiences in a journal. Torrence did so with something called a pen and a notebook. This was a lot different from what he was use to, but it was a pretty easy to use. While Torrence wrote in his chambers, Ankor went into his study and called Galeena's cell phone.

Galeena was in her small studio putting the finishing touches on her final work when her cell rang.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hello Galeena. I hope I am not interrupting you."

Galeena smiled with glee. Mr. Ankor was one of her favorite people to talk to. She met him on accident when she was drawing in the city park. He was fascinated by her drawing and they had been friends since then.

"Hello Mr. Ankor! No you could never interrupt me. How are you?"

"I am doing just fine. I haven't missed your graduation yet have I?"

"No you haven't. It's in a few days. Will you come?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I am bringing a friend. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course it is. Oh! Tomorrow is the Spring Showcase for art students. It's at 7:30 pm. You and your friend can come to that right?"

"Sure, and I was about to ask you if you'd like to come with us for lunch tomorrow at Cornwall's."

"But isn't it that expensive sea food place?"

"Did I mention I was paying? Please come dear. This friend of mine has been wanting to meet you ever since I told him about you."

Galeena sighed. The man was too good to her and rarely asked for anything.

"All right."

"Excellent! I'll have my man pick you up in front of your building at 11 am okay?"

"Oh, but . . ."

"No buts, this is my gift to you."

"Hehe, whatever you say. I'd love to chat more but I need to finish this painting that's due today."

"Oh! I am sorry dear. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, good bye." Galeena said before hanging up.

She wondered who this friend of Mr. Ankor's was. She would find out soon enough. Right now she had to finish this art work.

When Ankor hanged up, he wanted to kick his heels with joy. He couldn't wait to tell Torrence. Getting up, he left his study and headed for Torrence's room. Torrence was just finishing when Ankor came in.

"I just called Galeena and she's agreed to meet up with us for lunch tomorrow. She's also invited us to her Spring Showcase and graduation."

"Are we going to those?"

"Of course we are. Now I will teach you about currency and then we'll eat lunch."

Torrence nodded and got up. Although he did not show it, he was excited about tomorrow.

Learning about US currency wasn't hard for Torrence. In fact, in some ways it was similar to Fraidel currency. People still used money, paid taxes, and trading existed too. Soon they had lunch, this time outside. The food was good too. During lunch, Torrence was thinking how Galeena would fit in with his people. From what Ankor had told him, Galeena was a lot like his sister, Lagina since they both liked the arts. Ankor knew about Galeena's parents and told Torrence about their deaths. While a part of him was sadden by this, another part was glad that he could relate to Galeena in some way. And he wouldn't have to ask for Galeena's hand either. In Fraidel, it was traditional for men to ask parents for their daughter's hand in marriage. If there wasn't any parents than the lady's guardian or eldest brother was asked. Since Galeena was an only child and it would almost impossible to contact her grandmother, Torrence wouldn't have to worry about it, although he wish he did. If possible, it was mandatory for royal men to ask the parents for the royals saw this as another way to serve their people.

Torrence was still thinking when Ankor said, "Excuse me Torrence, but I want to talk about something personal."

"Sure."

"Well, I recently came from the Fire Dragon Clan and saw that Meridian was sending letters to young Rowan. Are those two in a relationship?"

Torrence growled. 'Young' Rowan was a year younger than him and was recently crowned ruler of the Fire Dragon Clan. He was also Torrence's biggest rival. It was required of all young male royals to train together every spring in order to strengthen bonds so they could become allies when they ruled their clans. But the Fire and Water Dragon Clans were always rivals for as long as Torrence could remember. It always been a friendly rivalry though. Still, Torrence didn't like how Meridian and Rowan were together.

"Yes." Torrence finally answered through clenched teeth.

"Torrence, I know you don't like Rowan much and vice versa, but he's a good man. And your sister is smart enough to know what is best for her."

"She's barely of age though."

Girls of all clans became of age, or when they could marry, when they turned eighteen. Meridian had just turned eighteen several months ago.

"She's wise for her age though. Listen Torrence, we don't have to talk about this now if it upsets you. In fact, since you're done eating, I think now will be a good time to show you how to court a lady in this world." replied Ankor, deciding to change the subject.

But he did admit he was worried about Rowan and Meridian. There seemed to be a wedge between Torrence and Rowan as well as the two clans. And with Torrence's father, brother, and their dragon partners found near the Fire Dragon Clan border, that wedge might grow bigger. But that was for another time.

Torrence was finding that this courting stuff to be a little more complicated than he thought. Still, he thought he could manage to woo Galeena. That night as he got ready for bed, thought about her. He hoped things went well tomorrow. Well, he'd find out soon enough. It took him while to go to sleep, but once he did, he was out like a light. Tomorrow would be the biggest day of his life and he was as ready as he could be.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers
12