DreadWolf Ch. 008

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After burying everything and kicking out the fire to make the cavern look untouched they broke camp and left. After a short journey back, slightly delayed because Opal insisted on sidetracking to empty the rest of the rat traps for Rain to eat, they made it back to the crystal cavern and the goblin tribe's camp.

Thankfully it remained untouched, whatever monster tribe or monster that may have been interested in claiming it for themselves were still oblivious to its recent depopulation.

Rain made his way to a goblin tent and crawled inside. He was pleased to see his shoulder wound had started to heal over. Soon his eyes started to drift and sleep took him.

Some time later he awoke to a noise. He stilled himself and listened carefully. Movement. With one of his eyes cracked he spied the flap of his tent open. Opal cautiously looked inside trying to not make a sound, and then carefully, like a scared rabbit, began to crawl inside.

That little bitch, this is it, I fucking knew it, this is where she backstabs me. I was wrong to trust her, gods I'm such a fool and to think I was willing to let her close after I'd already died once from being betrayed! Why, why did I let her close!

He watched carefully with a steely gaze, his paw tensing, ready to grab her and drag her close to tear her throat out.

She raised both her hands and he was confused to see that she was empty handed. His paw untensed a little as he watched and waited. She crawled up beside him, ready to stick a hidden knife in his ribs? No, she was... Putting her head on his chest?

Opal curled up beside him resting her head against his chest, her body under his arm and curling her hand through his fur. She relaxed into him.

Oh... That's why I let her close...

Afraid to move and make her aware he was awake he watched as she fell asleep, lips slightly parted.

This... isn't bad...

Eventually sleep took him too. When he woke in the morning she was gone from his tent and neither said a word about the night before.

12