Dreams of Destiny Pt. 06-11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bells gonged from time to time when strong young men impressed their girls by hitting a board hard with a hammer. Destiny heard the whizzes, bells and sirens of the pin ball machines.; the popping of air pistols; the chugging of the tourist train and the toot of its whistle; the call of "all aboard," at the station stops. Always there would be a baby crying somewhere, a mother or father soothing it. Children's laughter was everywhere. Water rushing over the falls of the log ride was soothing to the ear.

.And the sights! Destiny didn't even stop to look. She just took out her camera and started clicking. She caught the clowns teasing little children; a set of twins sharing cotton candy; the surprised look of passengers going down the falls.

Destiny decided to shoot pictures of the rides from the outsides first. Then she would ride the rides and take pictures as a passenger. She had to have a plan. there was so much to do. She got the Tilt-a-wheel, and the Scrambler at crazy angles. She got as close to the Thunder Bolt's big hill as possible and took shot after shot of cars full of people screaming their heads off with crazy grins on their faces. She did the same thing at the falls with the barrel ride. The bumper cars were all sparks and motion. She took more pictures.

She got the train with a wide angle lens. The sun light was turning more and more orange as late afternoon melted into early evening. She took wonderful shots of the fortune teller and the strong man, who were a husband and wife team. She wanted to pay to have her fortune told. The fortune teller started to throw some cards. She paled a little, looked close. She looked at Destiny, deeply troubled,. "I cannot continue, child, the cards make no sense. "Your future is not clear. Go and have fun girl. Go with God."

Destiny laughed. Fortunes were fun and games. She didn't believe in fortunes.

The merry go round was an old classic. Time passed quickly. Every where she went she shot pictures of people.

She got a shot of a blond haired man decked out like a modern day pirate, or half of his face any way. She caught glimpses of him from time to time but although they seemed to be looking at the same things much of the time, he never seemed to be where she expected him to be and whenever she tried to get a shot of him he'd vanish like a cloud.

She didn't know that he was playing gently with her. Letting her see only so much. Drawing her in. Trying to intrigue her. He didn't know how much further he wanted to go with the game. It was starting to get boring to him. She too must have become bored.


She got in line for merry go round first. He decided to pass on that one. He watched her go round and round, shooting pictures from her wooden steed. with her pony tail flying out behind her. She started grabbing for the rings on each turn of the ride and laughed out loud with delight when she grabbed the ring of brass. She gave it to a pretty little girl when she got off the ride, and then snapped the girl's picture.

She stood in line for the Ferris wheel. He got in line four people behind her. He wanted the feeling of following her up and around and down. Daylight was beginning to fade. The wheel turned. Up they went. He noticed Destiny begin to rock her seat when she reached the top of the wheel. Destiny stood up and snapped pictures of the view from the sky. Around and down they went, picking up speed. He laughed along with Destiny, amused by her delight. Wishing her screams were real and for him alone.

He passed on the Scrambler, the Hell Hole and the Octopus. God, this could go on all night. Give me something to work with, Destiny. I'm getting bored, he willed her.

Good, the Thunder Bolt. He would ride right behind her. Maybe whisper something into her ear to frighten her on the ride down. But he needed some cover. Someone to ride with him? Maybe someone to finish up the evening with? Yes! He was well aware of the mesmerizing effect he had on many women. As far as he was concerned younger was better. One that could be easily swayed to his will. One that would be undemanding, happy for his bounty. Younger girls were less likely to make trouble if they were unhappy or hurt. Young and unattached to a family would be ideal.

He looked around quickly. Destiny was still far back at the end of the line. If he acted now he could be assured to be on the same trip as her. But he wanted to be directly behind her. He stepped into line making sure his face was turned away from Destiny. He looked around. The great thing about amusement parts was that there were always stray girls looking for a guy to win her a teddy bear. Yes. Over there. There was a skinny young red head cute enough to think she was an item but not pretty or mature enough to be going anywhere with anyone soon. The man in front of him looked like a sap.

"Hey buddy," he said to the man. See that girl over there? The red head. I came with her but we had a fight. I've been looking for her for an hour. She loves the roller coaster but won't ride it alone. Will you hold my place while I go fix things up with her."

"Sure."

He sauntered over to the red head. "Hey red," where you been all my life."

"Me,? Why right here waiting for some knight in shining armor. Ain't seen one yet"

She wasn't as young, and maybe not as dumb as he originally thought.

"Maybe I'm him," he said.

"You ain't exactly wearin' white, honcho," she drawled. "And where's your horse." She appraised him boldly.

Now was the time to turn up the heat. "You like to ride, sugar, I've got something for you to mount." He looked her in the eye. "I'll bet you're good in the saddle."

She tried to look away but couldn't. She felt vaguely like a worm on a hook. Then he smiled, and heat rushed coursed through her. Her knees buckled slightly, she found that her panties were wet..

"Why," she struggled with her feelings, "you sure do have a winning smile," she said, knowing she was lost. "What do you want to do, dude."

"Do you like the Thunder Bolt?"

"The Thunder Bolt?" she asked weakly.

"Yeah, the ride," he said, impatient now. The line was moving quickly. Destiny was almost at the front of the line.

"Oh darlin'," she said, deeply distressed on one level, but relieved on another, "if you want me to go on that ride with you, I'm truly sorry, but I cain't on account of my head. It goes to fast. I could get an aneurysm and die of a seizure if I go on that thing."

"No shit," he said, damn bitch, he thought. Well, fuck, its too late anyway. There goes Destiny on her ride. Destiny had climbed into the front car of the Thunder Bolt and was eagerly awaiting takeoff. Now what?

"Ain't there any other ride you might want to go on with me tonight," Red asked seductively.

"Let me think for a minute. You want a beer baby?" he asked her. What's your name anyway?"

"Why shoot, I thought you knew me from somewhere. Around here everybody just calls me Red."

"Now ain't that something. I guess maybe I do know you. How about that beer?"

"Sure," she said happily. "And I got something a little stronger to mix with that if you're interested."

"What have you got, lovely lady?"

"Well, I got me a little moonshine, if that be your thing. Also got some blow."

He strode off to get a couple of beers, keeping an eye on the progress of the Thunder Bolt. He was getting a very interesting idea as to how to add some excitement to the House of Horrors, which was across from the Thunder Bolt. It was almost completely dark out now. All of the parks lights were on. The House of Horrors was a walk through thrill show, not a ride on. It was usually empty this time of night. A perfect place for a little tete a tete. Maybe a little sniff of cocaine to liven things up. He'd take things from there.

He brought the beers back.. They were served in paper cups. "Let me see that shine, Red." I've got an itch to party." He sniffed the 'shine, and smiled., then poured a liberal amount into both beer cups. He took a long drink, savoring the felling of fire that coursed through him when the liquor his empty belly. He knew the stuff would have little effect on him.

He handed Red her cup. "You drink this stuff often?" He wondered again vaguely how old she was. She could have been anywhere between fifteen and thirty he figured, and he was usually good at guessing women's ages. It didn't really matter anyway. Not for his purpose.

"I drink it whenever I can get a hold of if out of my father's storage bin.

"You have such an angel face, darlin," he said, "but you got a devil in you, you know that girl?" "No I ain't" she pouted. "Not yet anyway. But you, the way you look at me and smile, I swear you got some of the devil in you."

"Maybe this night was meant to be," he said to her thoughtfully.

He looked around for Destiny. Sure enough, she was off of the Coaster and it looked like she was heading for the House of Horrors.

"I got an idea he said," all innocence. "Lets go through the House of Horrors. This is probably its last night, you know. They are going to start taking this old park down tomorrow. Did you know that Red?," he asked. He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him, determined to get into the darkness of the House before Destiny.

"Yeah, I know," she said sadly. "It's the end of an age." She polished off her drink and made a face. "This old place was wonderful when I was just a teeny girl."

He noticed Destiny detouring to the ladies room. He decided to take a chance and go into the House of Horrors anyway. He was ninety percent certain Destiny would head here next. This gave him a little more time to set things up. Better and better, he though.

There was no line at the House of Horrors. They walked into the House together, holding hands. "Five years ago when you were young, you mean," he said, continuing their conversation, and beginning to get excited. This was what it was all about. The bait, the trap, the game.

"Bout then," she smiled impishly, not giving him any information. They walked further on, into the dark. It was hot and steamy in he House. The various "horrible" surprises" were old and tired and of no interest to either of them.

Red could tell something was up. The man next to her was wired. Hot. Giving off an incredibly sexy aroma. Different than the smell of arousal she was used to. And Red was used to the smell. She had been around the block a few times and was closer to thirty than fifteen. She felt she was ready for what ever was coming. Maybe even had been waiting for it for a long time. Hell, she thought suddenly, he hasn't even told me his name.

They arrived in a large chamber. It was red and smoky. The light was other worldly. Red could almost imagine that the walls were made of red, black and white marble. She heard water rushing.

The man turned and kissed her hotly on the lips. She opened herself up fully to him. He pulled her down on to the floor. How about some of that blow, Red," the man suggested hoarsely.

"I don't even know you're name.," she said. "Tell me."

"Stephen," he said. He kissed her again. Then he untied the neck of her halter top. It was white. He put his lips on her left breast and sucked. She moaned. He sucked harder, and then bit down, hard. She cried out.

"You hurt me," she said, with surprise in her voice.

"You liked it."

She didn't' answer. Instead, with trembling fingers she pulled out a small bottle from the back pocket of her jeans. It contained cocaine. She had a pretty silver spoon on her key chain. "My husband gave me this," she said. "I work at Saint Luke's. The coke is pharmaceutical quality so be careful with it" she cautioned.

"Ladies first," he said. "Sure," she laughed weakly. She took two good strong hits. "That'll starch your shirts," she said with a laugh.

He heard noises in the rooms below. Someone was coming. Destiny, probably, Red put the cocaine away quickly. "He looked at her almost sadly." "I thought I could take my time with you," he said, "but I can't. You liked it when I hurt you, didn't you. Be truthful." His gaze was hypnotizing.

"Yes, kind of," she said slowly, not understanding. "But..."

"Trust me," he said. "Put both arms around me and look me in the eyes"

As she did so he reached into the right pocket of his jacket. He pulled out an ice pick. He wrapped the ends of her hair around his hands. She was beautiful to him at that moment, still unaware. And she was hypnotized by his eyes -- totally under his power.

"Now let me kiss your beautiful breast again."

She nodded once.

He pushed her against the wall of the cavernous room with both hands. Then he leaned down and bit her breast hard. Blood poured over her halter top. She screamed in anguish. The scream was what he had wanted from her. He had hoped to have time to get a coattail scream, either of pleasure or pain. This was sufficient. It was what would jack knife Destiny into action.

Knowing he had no time left he quickly plunged the ice pick in hard, between her ribs and under her sternum, into her heart.

He had less time than he thought. He was pulling the ice pick loose when Destiny burst into the chamber Why had he known she would rush in rather than run looking for help when she heard the scream? he wondered.

But now she did the unexpected. Destiny hadn't stopped to think when she heard the blood curdling scream coming from the chamber above her. It sounded like some on in mortal anguish and immediate danger. She rushed up the stairs and into the chamber.

It was dark and seemed smoky or hazy. She couldn't see a damn thing. But her camera could. Destiny aimed her Pentax and began shooting pictures. The speed of the camera was astounding. She shot pictures until her senses started catching up with her reflexes. She realized that she had seen a black blur leave the chamber fast, almost immediately upon her arrival. Obviously that must have been the perpetrator of... of what? Did she get him on film, she wondered. She hoped so for a second. then she wasn't quite sure what she hoped. Only a minute or so had passed since she burst into the chamber. What happened in here? She looked around and let out a loud scream when she saw the body of a woman slumped against the back wall of the chamber. Dear God, there's blood everywhere, she thought. Can she possibly be alive? Go to her Destiny. You have to. No one else is here and there is no way to call anyone. If she's alive you have to get her out of here and fast.

But her feet moved slowly, like there were sand bags weighing them down. She made it over to the back wall. the woman's eyes were open, staring and fixed. There seemed to be no breath, no pulse. But can I be sure? How can I leave her here if I'm not sure? Oh God the blood No one could lose so much blood and live, could they? She remembered a trick she had seen on television. She pulled out her compact. It had a mirror on it. She held the mirror up to the woman's mouth. No cloud. No breath. She felt ghoulish, but she knew it might make a difference later. She snapped more pictures. There was nothing else for her to do but get the hell out of there the way she came in and as fast as possible. What if he hadn't left. She shivered. what if he were watching her. Waiting for her. Shock was starting to set in.

Then she heard her name: "Destiny. It was almost musical, silky and seductive. "I see you got my surprise," how did you like it"

"You bastard, you filthy animal, she screamed, sobs were torn from her chest. "Who the hell are you. "Why did you do this? You don't know me. You're no one I know."

His voice seemed to be emanating from the very walls of the chamber. "We're going to get to know each other very well Destiny. I have a special feeling about you."

"Where are you? Why haven't you killed me yet? You know where I am."

"The game has just begun," said the voice, "Its late though and you have a lot to do. You'd better find your way out." Suddenly the scant light remaining in the House of Horrors went out. It was pitch black. Blacker than any nightmare. As black as Hades. Destiny was left alone with a dead stranger and a maniac. She began to sob.

"Oh and Destiny." The voice said. "Don't try go out the way you came in. The doors are closed and locked for the night. Sweet dreams my precious." His seductive, sinister laugh filled the gallery, then faded as he made his way out towards safety.

As he was leaving the gallery he realized that his hands were sticky with blood and that there was blood on his shirt. I'll have to do something about that, he thought with distaste.

He made his way through the remainder of the exhibits, paying no attention to the exhibits of artificial horror. He had created his own tableau for the crowds tomorrow, he thought with satisfaction. It was very dark in the exhibit but he felt like he knew his way. He didn't have to grope and left no finger prints.

The tunnel became noticeably lighter. He was reaching the exit. As he was turning the last corner of the exhibit's passage, he spotted a young security guard running into the exhibit towards him. Thankfully there was no one else around. "What's going on in there?", the guard shouted at him. "I heard screams."

Stephen grabbed the guard's left arm. "Thank God you're here," he said with a fake gasp, acting as if he had been running. "Something terrible has happened." The guard hesitated, seeing the blood on the man's hands and jacket. "Maybe I should get some backup," he said.

"No, no," the man said urgently. We need your help. The lady might die. There's no time." He guided the guard back towards the bowels of the exhibit. He made his attack swiftly and silently. There could be no blood. He needed the guard's shirt if he was to get out of the amusement park without being questioned. He could keep his bloody hands in his pockets until he found a men's room where he could wash up, but the jacket had to go.

He let the guard get slightly ahead of him, then pounced, like a cat. His slight frame belied the deadly force of his being. It was usually in check, simmering beneath the surface of his sophisticated mien. He used in now. Coldly, deliberately, as he had been trained so long ago.

He slammed the guard down, onto the floor hard, going with him, on top of him. The guard had time for no more than a startled grunt. The man broke the guards neck with one vicious jerk and a twist. How easy to dispatch a soul, he thought with grim satisfaction. He rolled off the guard. He checked the body carefully for any sign of life. Nothing. Good.

He relieved the young guard of the sought after jacket. He slipped off the light silk jacket that had served him so well. He knew he couldn't leave it behind. Too much evidence. He was a careful man. He had to be.

He donned the security guard's jacket, which was dark blue, with trimmings to make it look official. The damn thing was way too big but it would serve.

He decided to go back to the chamber of horrors and check out Destiny's situation. He loved slithering about in dark places like this. Has she fallen apart? he wondered with some excitement. Is she ready to make her way out of here? Should I follow her, taunt her, scare her? He was growing hard again at the thought. Or should I kill her now? He loved holding her fate in his hands. Why am I so interested in this girl anyway? he wondered.

Destiny still sat with her back against the wall of the chamber, content with her tears for a moment. Then she began to take stock of her situation. She could sit here all night and wait to be rescued by the cleaning crew in the morning. But she was hungry, thirsty, had to go to the bathroom, didn't want to sleep with a dead body, and was not real sure her nemesis wasn't playing games. He might decide to come back for her. He might realize there was a good chance she had some kind of picture of him on her Pentax. He might be crazy enough to burn down the House of Horrors. After all, murder had been committed here and the only witness was stranded with the body. He could decide take his winnings and end the game.