Dreams of Destiny Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“I said positive scenarios.”

“We live together in perfect bliss for a few years, anyway.”

“Well to hell with that,” Juan said, knowing that neither one of them would even consider such an option.

Here’s one I’ve dreamed,” Juan said. It’s a little better. “We get to my father’s plantation at night. I guess that would be tonight. We have a violent confrontation with Esteban that results in his death. He’s touted as a hero, we’re tried for murder. Pietro stays in power until my youngest brother, Raul, who never wanted to be anything except an environmentalist, can take the reins. You die in prison and I am realized when I am a very old man.

“I think I’ll pass on that one, thank you.” Destiny said with growing concern. “Maybe we’re approaching this wrong. All of these are Juan’s possibilities. Everything that’s happening right now is occurring as he would want to have them occur. Except our coming back.”

“Maybe he even wanted that,” Juan said morosely, since we came back to late to prevent my father’s death.”

“True. But we’re back in time to prevent the assassination. Destiny felt a rush of hope. “That’s it I’ll bet. That’s the key.”

“But how do we find out when the assassination is going to be and what do we do in the meantime?”

“We have to bring your uncle back into your camp Juan. That’s critical. You have to be in position to take over after your uncle retires, or just in case he is ultimately assassinated. John foresaw disaster in every scenario except the ones where you become president. Why can’t you two remember John’s last dream. If it was so critical it should not be hidden from us.”

“Maybe by hiding it from us it is also being hidden from Esteban. Remember how strong he is. If he has access to us he may be able to access our knowledge of the probable futures we see.” Juan was troubled at the thought. “That would mean we’re flying blind.”

“But we know some of the pits and pratfalls we have to avoid.

“True. I have to go to the plantation tonight matter what. As much as I would like to, I know I cannot kill Esteban tonight. That would be a disaster.”

“I want to go with you to the plantation.”, Destiny said firmly.

“Do you think that’s wise?”

“I won’t let you go there alone. The other day you said you need my help to deal with Esteban. That’s more true than ever now.”

“What if the media catches up with us?”

“We’ll tell them the truth. We have nothing to hide. It’s Esteban who cooked this up. Let the media do your job for you. Tell them that you want them to find out the truth of who’s behind the newspaper stories. That’ll get them off your back and cook Esteban’s goose.”

“What do we tell them about us?”

“What do you think we should tell them?” Destiny asked.

“That you are my fiancee.” Juan said.

“What?”

“I’m asking you to marry me, Destiny.”

“Now?” Destiny was confounded by Juan’s proposal.

“Well, we don’t have a priest here so we’ll have to wait a little while.”

“I mean, you’re asking me to marry you now? Why?”

“Because I love you, and you love me, and we should be together” Juan said with certainty in his voice. I want to present you as my fiancee to the family tonight. Like you said, a window opens when a door is shut. I want the family to have something to be happy about. Will you marry me, Destiny?”

“Yes! Yes! But Christ, if Esteban’s there he’ll be fit to be tied.”

“What do you think about this scenario: We call channel 14 before we even go to the plantation. I know the news editor there. We tell them that I have a statement to make. We tell them the true story of how you were approached by a friend of a friend with a package that you thought contained innocent correspondence, how we met by chance at the airport. You were on vacation and I was investigating a tip. It was love at first sight. I had my suspicions about you but kept them to myself. We had dinner together. We had some romance. I discovered the papers you had with you and took them to my uncle immediately. He denied the story.

“I came back to the hotel to question you about the documents but I was attacked by an unknown assailant in your room, while you were out walking on the beach. You found me unconscious on the floor when you returned from your walk and called the hotel manager for help. I confronted you after I awoke and the hotel manager was gone You came clean. I thought that was the end of it in San Angeles. You didn’t break any laws, and the story was quashed.

“So I went with you to DC to investigate the source of the fraudulent documents. There was nothing underhanded about our involvement with the documents. We didn’t skip town. We took a private plane to DC. I can do things like that. I’m the island’s security chief. We didn’t find out about the other story or my father’s death until we got back to the island. We became engaged while we were in DC.”

”Do you think your uncle back you up about the fact you came to him with the story before the media got wind of it?”

“He has no reason not to. I don’t think Esteban’s twisted him so far that he would lie about that.”

“I think it’s a good plan, Juan. Let’s call the station.

“First things first,” Juan said. “Lets take a shower.”

“Together?”

“It’ll save time, besides....” He looked her over. Her hair was wild and her eyes were clear from the good night’s sleep. The tee shirt she was wearing barely covered her ass. Looking at her helped soothe the sorrow he felt about his father’s death and his uncle’s astonishing support of Esteban

Destiny was pleased by the heat she felt from his stare.He is so handsome, she thought But there is a sadness in his eyes that I’ve never seen before. All of this is taking a great toll on him; me as well. We will have to be good to each other in the coming hours. She decided to lighten the mood. She pulled her tee shirt off, and quirked her finger at him. “Come on sailor,” she said in a throaty voice, “show me what you’ve got.” She ran her hands down her body slowly, seductively.

She toyed with her nipples, making them hard. She walked over to his chair and stood naked before him. Her hair streamed over her right shoulder and covered her breast and belly. She leaned down and kissed him hard on the mouth. He caught her body between his thighs as she pulled off his bathrobe. He was more than ready for her. She became wet just looking at him, but she wasn’t finished playing seductress. She knelt down and took the full length of him in her mouth. Juan gasped with pleasure. She used her tongue to toy with his cock. She savored the taste of him. He let her have her way with him, enjoying the game. He was ready to pull her up and onto his lap but she stopped with a laugh.

“You said something about a shower?” she asked.

“I’ll give you a shower if you’re not careful,” he warned, ready to explode. She danced off and ran into the bathroom. He followed her, wanting her warmth. She turned on the shower and adjusted the temperature while he nuzzled her neck.

They stepped into the warm flow together. Destiny had her back to him. He was aching with need. Putting his hand on her pelvis, he bent his knees just enough to get under her. He entered her with a long, slow thrust. She cried out with pleasure, feeling his cock plunge in deep. He brought her to climax with his hand just as he lost control and spurted into her. Destiny knees buckled as she came and came.

“What a ride” Destiny said. She started to put shampoo into her hair.

“Let me do it,” Juan said. I’ve always wanted to wash you hair.” It was a sensual delight to have Juan massaging her head. The treat ended all too quickly. They played around, soaped each other up and rinsed.

Destiny left the bathroom to dress wrapped in a large towel. She found a suitably conservative dress among the clothes the island Destiny had packed for her vacation. Juan shaved and put on yesterday’s clothes.

“We’ll have to go by my house before we leave for the plantation,” Juan said. “I can’t show up there dressed like this. It would be better to do the Channel 14 interview there anyway” He made his call to the television station and then arranged for a car to pick them up in a half hour. That left them time to grab a quick breakfast in the hotel’s coffee shop. Fortunately, it appeared that the news media was concentrating its efforts at the plantation and the president’s mansion.Maybe they’ve forgotten about me, Destiny hoped.

It was early afternoon before the car dropped them off at Juan’s house. Channel 14’s van arrived right on their tail. Destiny barely had a chance to get a glimpse of the inside of Juan’s home before the circus began. Destiny had never been on television before and found the preliminary ministrations insufferable. The make up looked ridiculous, Destiny thought. She was herded around as if she were a prize cow, and ogled by the technicians.How does Juan stand it? watching as they primped and positioned him for the camera. Then they put her in place by his side.

It was going to be a live broadcast. The reporter was a foxy looking woman who made moon eyes at Juan and sniped at Destiny before the cameras started to roll. Then she was all business.

They told their side of the story just as they planned. Destiny had to hand it to the reporter. She was professional and put the story together well. It was a big scoop for the woman. She did her best for Juan, but was malicious towards Destiny until Juan stopped her cold by announcing their engagement. It was big news for women viewers. Destiny gathered that a number of hearts would be broken that night. Juan was a popular figure, and had been one of the island’s most eligible bachelors until tonight.

“What does your family have to say about your engagement, Colonel, in light of Ms. Lysander’s role in the tragedy surrounding your father’s death,” the reporter asked pointedly. “And isn’t this rather sudden?”

“Let me make this clear,” Juan said tightly, “Ms. Lysander is in no way responsible for my father’s death. Her role in bringing the fraudulent documents to the island was innocent and did not, I repeat, did not, result in this media circus. Another source, this one not innocent leaked that story. I have a good idea who the source was but do not have proof at this time. As a result the story which appears to be true concerning my father was uncovered by diligent reporters. I can’t fault anyone about that. But why old stories about my father’s youthful indiscretions and mistakes had to be dredged up is beyond my comprehension. as a result he took his life.”

“Its common knowledge that you and your half brother, Major Esteban Rodriguez are old enemies, Colonel Rodriguez. Are you calling Major Rodriguez one of your father’s mistakes.”

“Major Rodriguez and I are political rivals, not enemies.”

“That doesn’t answer my question, Colonel.”

“I can honestly tell you that I do not believe Major Rodriguez is my father’s mistake.”

Good answer. Destiny thought trying not to smirk on camera, remembering that Juan had evidence of Esteban’s questionable parentage.That’s a direct slap in Esteban’s face.

“Tell me Destiny,” the interviewer asked, “what’s your secret? The women on this island have been waiting for years for Colonel Rodriguez to decide to settle down. How did you ....”

“I looked into her eyes and saw my Destiny.” Juan cut the woman off at the pass. Destiny and Juan smiled at each other on camera and the interview was over.

Thank God, Juan thought.That went okay. I wonder if anyone at the plantation was watching. He watched the news team pack up and then headed for his office to call the plantation.

“That was pleasant,” Destiny said, meaning just the opposite, as Juan walked past her in the living room.

“I just hope it serves its purpose.”

“Me too.”

“I have to make a few calls. Make yourself at home while I take care of business, Okay?”

“Are you hungry? I am. Is it all right if I forage in your refrigerator for some lunch,” Destiny asked.

“Of course. Could you make some coffee? I could sure use some caffeine.”

“Sure. She walked through the dining room and into the kitchen. This is a wonderful kitchen” she called to him. She put on a pot of coffee after she figured out how to use the high tech coffee maker. Then she rooted around in the refrigerator. It was well stocked. She didn’t have any idea when they would get dinner so she decided to make a satisfying lunch.

Juan was speaking solemnly in Spanish into the phone when she brought him his coffee. She guessed correctly that he was speaking to one of his brothers about his father’s death.”

When she got back to the kitchen, she made a pasta prima vera using fresh vegetable she found in the crisper. She diced some chicken and made a quick marinade. She sauteed the chicken separately and added it to the pasta after it was nice and tender. She made garlic bread to go with the meal.

Juan came into the kitchen when he was done with his calls. “We have to leave for the plantation right away. I just spoke to my brother, Alessandro, who’s there with Pietro. Esteban isn’t there yet. I want to get do an end run around Esteban if I can.”

“Do we have time to eat?”

“I don’t think so. Let’s just get going. You can pack what you’ve made and we’ll eat in the car.” Always polite, he sniffed the air. “It smells great, anyway. I’m sorry. I just want to get to my uncle before Esteban does more damage.”

“Its fine, I don’t mind. We’re in this together, remember?” She dumped the pasta into a plastic container, found a couple of forks, paper plates and napkins and was ready to go. “Besides,” she said as they walked to Juan’s car, “I’d like to meet your uncle without Esteban present. I’d rather not see Esteban at all to tell you the truth.” She still wasn’t over the rape. “It sickens me to think of all we’ve been through with Stephen and the demon. Now, having to deal with Esteban under these circumstances is, well, overwhelming.”

Juan looked at Destiny worriedly. “Are you all right with this? You could stay here and let me handle things tonight.”

“No! I have to be there. John said we should stick together, remember?”

“I’m not sure he had this in mind.”

“We don’t know what he had in mind. That’s why we have to stick together. We’re strongest as a team. That was true of John and I, too. John’s with us. I know he is. We go together or not at all,” she said stubbornly.”

“All right.” He put the Ferrari in gear and it leaped into life under his skillful hands. Destiny decided to enjoy the drive as best she could. The ride was so smooth that Juan hit eighty miles an hour before she noticed their speed. They forgot all about lunch and arrived at the plantation in half an hour.”

Juan was vastly relieved when he learn Esteban hadn’t arrived yet. She remembered the villa from the day they were in Phaeton’s office.Yesterday to us, but it hasn’t happened here yet, she reminded herself. She had seen only the pantry and kitchen areas earlier. Juan said he would take her on a tour, but they had to meet the family first.

Alessandro was first to great them. He was tall and solid. He was eight years younger than Juan. Destiny could tell he worked out doors a lot. She realized he was the brother who would take over the plantation’s operations as a result of Manuel Rodriguez’s death. There was a strong family resemblance between Juan and Alessandro but Alessandro was a gentle giant, with beautiful brown eyes. Destiny liked him immediately.

If the eyes are the mirror to the soul, this man is a saint, she thought when they were introduced. But he was no saint. He teased Destiny immediately about bringing Juan to his knees in only three days. “I saw your news broadcast after we spoke” Alessandro told Juan. “Esteban’s going to be spitting fire about the way you implied he was born a mistake.” He grinned at his older brother. Destiny realized with relief that Alessandro was not in Esteban’s thrall. She got the sense that he respected Juan but did not know him well. This surprised her since the island was so small. She was getting a glimpse she realized of how isolated Juan had been from his father’s family after he went to live with Pietro. She felt kind of sad for him.

I don’t think he had much of a childhood after Ireland no matter how close he was to Pietro. He put up with two years of Esteban’s abuse and then had to become an eight year old military paragon. God good, what was wrong with his parents, anyway?

Alessandro’s wife, Tricia, came into the living room with Pietro. Destiny would have known Pietro was Juan’s close relative if she had passed him on a busy street. He acknowledged her with a cold nod when they were introduced.

Tricia, on the other hand was warm and welcoming to Destiny. She had watched the Channel 14 interview and had been charmed by the romantic aspect of the story. She had always been a little intimidated by Juan, although he treated her with teasing respect -- like a favorite kid sister. She was happy for Destiny and Juan.

The Rodriguez resemblance was uncanny. Seeing Pietro, Juan and Alessandro together was almost like looking at a photographic study of the effects of age and life style.

Alessandro was the largest of the three men. He was built almost like a wrestler. He was more youthful than Juan because of the eight year age difference. The harsh island sunlight, however, from years spent farming the plantation, had weathered his skin. There were flecks of gray in the shadow of a beard he sported. He was intensely masculine.

Tricia, who now stood at his side in the living room was heavily pregnant and looked ill. She was a hauntingly beautiful, dark haired, black eyed island maiden. She looked like she was twenty-five years old or thereabouts.Their children will be gorgeous, Destiny thought.

Pietro, Destiny realized, had been drinking. He was a vigorous man, 66 years of age. He had been a general for many years before he was elected president and had a strong military bearing. He had stayed in shape despite the demands of political life. But he worked too many hours, and drank and ate too heartily for a man of his years. It was beginning to take its toll. He was not self aware enough to realize that his capacity for hard liquor was diminishing. He got drunker, quicker than he should for a man with his responsibilities. He hid it well from himself, but not, Destiny was beginning to understand, from Juan.

That’s why Juan is so intent upon taking over the reins soon -- to help Pietro step down with dignity, and for an easy transition into the 21st century. It would be a disaster if Esteban wrenched the reins from Pietro on the back of a scandal involving Juan and Destiny. It would be much worse if they didn’t stop the assassination. Esteban had edged himself into Esteban’s good graces over the past three days, God knows how, gaining popular support as well in Juan’s absence. Juan’s media event had been a very lucky coup. Only time would tell how good a damage control measure it would be. Pietro, however, was not happy that Juan had staged a media event with out him.

Pietro had been very upset by the interview. He had spoken to Esteban by telephone immediately after the report. Esteban had fueled the fire by saying Juan and Destiny had deliberately upstaged and undermined Pietro and the Rodriguez family on live television . He had subtly manipulated Pietro into believing the announcement of their engagement a deliberate show of familial disrespect. Pietro now felt that he, and not Juan should take the reins as head of the Rodriguez family. At least until the light of the media was off the family.

Juan, on the other hand was still blistering from Pietro’s command that he ‘get his ass’ to the plantation without Destiny in tow. It was inevitable that the two would face off. .