Dressed To Kill Ch. 12

Story Info
Noella gets her beloved car back and another surprise.
3.9k words
4.55
10.7k
1
0

Part 12 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/31/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This fills the story out, so stay with me as its will hot up next chapter. I promise!

Thanks for reading.

Gray.

Tuesday was a day of calm in comparison to Monday. She had the three kids over for dinner and as they talked over their meal she found everything had calmed down with Damien. He was actually treating them well, even though Marcus, had put Damien in his place.

She awoke excited on Wednesday, for this was the day she was going to get her beloved Mercedes back. She rose at seven o'clock, showered, dressed in a smart trouser suit, breakfasted and left for work by seven thirty, with her precious gifts for Jodie and Paul in her hand. She took the Mazda for the last time.

At two minutes to nine she breezed in the door of the legal practice. Steven was standing at the front desk talking to Stephanie the receptionist.

"Hi Noella." he chirped.

"Hi Steven. Hi Stephanie." she bubbled.

"We'll leave at ten?"

"Sure. Can we take the Mazda and drop of it at my friend Paul's office on the way back."

"Yep. That sounds like a plan."

"Good. See you at ten."

"See you then."

Noella waltzed off to her office, a spring in her step.

Ten thirty came and Steven and Noella were pulling up outside a dodgy looking car yard in North Melbourne in the the Mazda 2. Noella's heart wias a flutter with the excitement of being reunited with her beautiful red chariot. They walked in to a seamy looking office and were greeted by a young woman whose hair was bleached white and her face was covered with trowelled on make up. She wore a skin tight mini skirt which didn't really cover her ample butt and a neon pink tank top that struggled to tame her double D breasts.

"Wot da ya want?" she drawled in a broad western suburb's drone.

"We've come to pick up a stored vehicle." announced Steven in his best lawyer voice as he showed her a release form that took from his jacket pocket.

She looked at the form for a few seconds.

"Con!" she bellowed a the top of her voice. "Come ere!"

There was a rustling at the back of the workshop which adjoined the office and a bald headed gentleman in oily overalls appeared from behind a car.

"Whacha ya want, Cheryl?"

"This guy wants to collect the red Benz."

By this time he had reached the office and Noella could detect a distinct waft of body odour.

"Yeah. Nice car that Benz!" he observed as he looked at the paperwork over Cheryl's shoulder. Noella hoped the had looked after her car better than he looked after his personal hygiene.

"It is." agreed Noella.

"Yep. Paperwork looks good to me. Wanna follow me?" he asked. He took a key of a large board on the office wall before guiding them through the main garage and outside to a smaller garage, which stood a the back of the lot. When they reached the shed he lifted the roller door that sealed the garage. As it rose up it revealed a row of four cars parked neatly inside. A black Porsche, two Audi's and Noella's beloved convertible Mercedes.

"We keep all the good stuff out here." announced Con.

Noella was just glad that her car had been kept safely tucked away safe and sound. Con passed the key to the car to Steven.

"Do you want to back it out."

"Is that OK?" he asked Noella.

"Yeah. Why not?"

The car beeped as the doors unlocked and Steven jumped behind the wheel. The engine fired up and he slowly reversed the car out of the garage and then got out, leaving the engine running.

"Ya wanna check her over and then ya can sign the release." advised Con.

"No problems." said Steven. He and Noella went over the inside and outside of the car to make sure it was still in perfect condition.

"Are you happy Noella?" asked Steven after they had been over the car with a fine tooth comb.

"i'm happy." she replied.

"OK. Gotcha driver's license?" asked Con. Noella rummaged through her hand bag.

"Here it is." she chimed as she passed it to Con who diligently took down her details.

"Sign here." he demanded, pushing the release in front of her nose, which she dutifully signed.

"Would you like to drive to Paul's office as reward for being so brilliant in finding it?"

"I'd love to!" he replied brightly. She quickly gave a quick run through the controls.

"So you'll follow me?"

"No probs!"

"Thanks Con." she said before walking to the Mazda and reversing it out the driveway. She drove up the road a little and waited for Steven. He pulled in behind and followed Noella to Paul's office in Moorabbin.

Forty five minutes later they pulled up in front of Greater World Imports which was Paul's company. They parked in the visitor bay and Noella alighted with her gifts in hand.

"Do you want to come in and meet Paul?" she asked Steven as he shut the door on the gleaming red Benz.

"Yeah. Why not?"

They went inside and climbed the stairs to the reception area which was decked out with displays of all the home wares they imported including cookware, knives and cooking utensils.

"Interesting!" observed Steven.

Noella told the receptionist that they were there to see Paul. She made a quick phone call and within a minute Paul strode out from behind the wall at the rear of the receptionist.

"Hi Noella!" he greeted her, giving a her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Paul." she replied. "This is my boss Steven Berry."

"Hi Steven." he said greeting him with a firm hand shake.

"I'm returning the Mazda." she announced as she handed him the keys. "I'm so thankful for you lending it to me. It's been most helpful."

"Glad to be of help."

"Here are some gifts for you and Jodie." she offered.

"Why thank you." he said as he took the gifts from Noella.

"Now you're not to take a peek at Jodie's.OK?"

"OK."

She again gave him a kiss on the cheek, Steven shook his hand. They went back down to the car park. Noella slid behind the wheel of her beloved Benz and drove Steven back to the office, enjoying every moment of the twenty minute drive.

Noella flew through the rest of the day, be re-united with her car made her feel whole again. She couldn't wait to take the long way home to get re-acquainted with her.

A little after three. Her mobile rang and she grabbed it from the desk. It was Suzie.

"Hi babe! You near a computer?"

"Yes. What's this about?"

'"I have sent you an e-mail."

"Yeah I've got it." replied Noella as she scrolled through her inbox.

"Click on the link."

"Noella clicked on the link."

"What the fuck!" she cried as a picture formed on her screen.

"That's my house! That's my fucking house!"

"You're not selling are you Noella?" asked Suzie tentatively.

"No way!"

"Well what's going on?" asked a concerned Suzie.

There on Noella's screen was a large photo of her townhouse.

'Unit 2, Number 125 Fahrenheit St., Brighton.'

'Modern four bedroom townhouse. 2 large living areas. European kitchen. Granite benches. Spa. Triple car underground garage.'

"Expected Pricing Range: $2.5 Million."

Enquiries: Paul Jones – Rodgers Real Estate.

She couldn't believe her eyes.

"I don't know what's going on!" she cried. It felt like her life was starting to disintegrate again.

"I thought you needed to know."

"You did the right thing. I'll call you later when I've worked this out."

"Alright. I'll talk to you when you know more."

"By the way Have you spoken to Jodie?"

"No."

"You should."

"Okay. As soon as I've fixed this, I'll give her a ring."

"Good.Talk to you soon." and Suzie was gone.

Noella forwarded the e-mail to Steven and picked up the phone.

"Can I come and see you now. It's urgent."

"What's the matter Noella? You sound terrible."

"I need to see you."

"OK, OK. Come now."

In a flash she was in Steven's office.

"I sent you an e-mail. Open it and click on the link."

Steven obeyed.

"What's this he asked?" as the picture of Noella's house came into view.

"That's my house!"

"I didn't know you were selling?'

"I'm not!"

"Fuck! You're not selling. What the!..........Have you rung the agent?"

"No. A friend just sent that to me. I don't know what to do."

In a flash Steven was on the phone.

"Can I speak to Paul Jones?..........................Hi Paul. My name's Steven Berrt. I just saw a house on your web site....ah... Unit two, one hundred and twenty five Fahrenheit St."

"A beautiful house." Noella could hear Paul say over the phone. "Are you interested?"

"Very much. Could you fax me the Section 32 to me?"

Within five minutes the fax machine next to Steven's desk was whirring away. He pulled the pages off the machine and flicked through the pages.

"What are doing?" she asked.

"I'm looking for the Vendors Disclosure."

He found the details he was looking for.

"For fuck sake!" he yelled.

"What's wrong?"

"Look!" he pointed.

She looked over his shoulder to look where he was pointing. As she focussed she couldn't believe what she saw.

'Vendor: Manta Pty. Ltd.'

"Fucking Manta Proprietary Limited." he cursed.

"Shit!" she gasped. "They steal my car! Now that want to steel my house! Who is this? What did I do to deserve this?"

Steven had now had a moment to think.

"We'll put a caveat on the house. That'll stop them from selling the house for now. Now we really have to find out who runs Manta!"

"Thank you Steven. I don't know what I'd do without you?"

"Don't worry. We'll fix these bastards!' he said with determination.

Still worried, she rang Suzie and told her that Steven was taking care of it. After she hung up, she that there for a few minutes trying to regain her composure.

My God! How can this be happening? What's happening to my life?

As she was packing up for the day Steven came past her office.

"Caveats done. It will be lodged in court first thing in the morning."

"How many times can I say thank you?"

"It's fine. We've known each other for a long time. There's no way I wouldn't help you. Now don't worry. Go home and relax. We can handle this. You won't lose your house."

"Thank you."

"Now go home."

The drive home wasn't as joyful as she had expected ,the shine of having her car back had been taken away by the threat to her beautiful house. As she drove past the front of her to get to the driveway she noticed a enormous bunch of flowers sitting on the front door step.

"Oh my God!" I wondered who they're from? I hope they're not from Mark!"

She sped down the ramp and quickly parked the car and climbed the steps that took her into kitchen. She dropped her bag on the bench and went to the front door opening to pick up the enormous bouquet. She struggled inside and carried the flowers into the kitchen and placed it on the bench and looked for the card. Finding it tucked under a leaf she opened the envelope.

"Dear Noella,

Thank you for the lovely gifts

They gave us a wonderful night!

Many thanks,

Jodie and Paul.

She poured herself a tumbler of scotch and had a gentle sip. As she made dinner for herself she gave Jodie a ring.

'Hi Jodie. It's Ella."

"Hi Ella. How are you doing?"

"I'm feeling better because someone sent me some beautiful flowers"

"Do you like them?"

"I love them, but there was no need, I was the who was supposed to do the thanking."

"They were just a little thank you for the beautiful lingerie."

"It was the least I could do and I thought you would love them."

"I do! And Paul loves them too!"

"Really! I thought he might."

"Well put it this way, we didn't get much sleep last night."

"Sorry. Is that my fault?"

"No. It was great. We made love like we used when were young."

"Where did you get the corset from?"

Noella told her "Le Boutique de Armour" and the incredible range they had.

"Sounds great!. I'll have to go and have a look. Might be able to drive Paul even more wild!"

"You just might!" Noella laughed.

Should I warn her about the wickedly delicious Madam Justine?

She decided not to.

Let's just see if anything happens!

She washed up after her meal and rang her kids who were all well. Feeling a little calmer she relaxed for the rest of the night with some word games on her tablet computer before going to bed hoping there would be no more surprises tomorrow.

Noella woke next morning to the sound of banging out the front of her house. She quickly pulled on a black silk dressing gown and some slip on heels and hurried down stairs and out the front door.

As she rushed down the path to the front of the townhouses she couldn't believe her eyes. There at the front of the property were two tradesman who had erected a framework for a sign and were just about to attach a large and bright 'For Sale' .

'Never to be missed opportunity! 2/125 Fahrenheit St. Mortgagees Sale'

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" screamed Noella. "Don't do that or I'll sue your sorry asses from here to eternity!"

The tradesman stood there frozen to the ground looking non-plussed.

"What's the problem luv?" the older of the two asked.

"Don't put that sign up! This house is not for sale!"

"We're just doing what we're told."

By this time Prue and Julia had joined Noella on the street.

"What's going on?" asked a flustered Prue

"I didn't know you were selling." said Julia.

"I'm not! Somebody is trying to sell it fraudulently! My lawyer has put a caveat on the house, but we're still trying to work out who's behind it."

Aa Noella spoke to Prue and Julia the men moved to continue to erect the sign.

"No! No! No!" she screamed as she threw herself in front of the frame, preventing the men from putting the sign in place. Prue and Julia joined her.

"You try and move us and we'll scream rape!" threatened Julia.

The tradesmen put the sign down and the older one reached into his pocket and pulled out his mobile phone.

"Hi boss. It's George. Look we're at 2/125 Fahrenheit St. putting a sign up and there are some nut bag women saying if we put the sign up they're going to screen rape.... the main nut bag says it's not for sale.........Put her on? .........sure. Hey lady, the boss wants to talk to you"

"Hi, this is Noella Howson..........I'm the owner of this house. Your name is........hello Jeremy Peters........No I don't have a contract to sell with Rodgers Real Estate.........Somebody is trying to fraudulently sell the house and my lawyer has put a caveat on the house so even if they try it's not going to happen......If your guys try to put that sign up I'm going to sue your fucking arse off. I've got your number off the truck and you'll be hearing from lawyer within the hour......you want to speak to George........George. Jeremy wants to speak to you."

She hands the phone to George.

"Hi boss.....Okay we'll pack up and skip this one and go onto the next one. Okay. Bye." said George as he hung up. "You win lady but I think we'll be back."

"I wouldn't if I was you George." A thinly veiled threatening tone permeating her voice.

Now Stephanie and Jeanette arrived all dressed to work.

"What's going on?" asked Jeanette who looked liked a glamazon in a white silk shirt, black pencil line skirt and enormous black paten leather heels.

"Yeah. What's happening?" chimed in Stephanie who looked a lot less intimidating in floral pattern dress and flat shoes.

Julia quickly explained what was happening as Noella stood guard whilst the men dismantled the frame.

Jeanette walked over to where she was glaring at George and his mate.

"Are you okay?"

"Hi Jeanette. I'm okay. Just extremely pissed off."

"I can understand that. Can I help?"

"Yeah. You've got your phone?"

"Sure. Never without it."

"Could you take a photo of the sign on the truck so I can send it to my lawyer so he can sue their asses off!"

"I'd be glad to." replied Jeanette as she joined Noella scowling threateningly at George and his offsider.

Noella breathed a sigh of relief when the tradesmen's truck disappeared down the street.

"Anybody for coffee" she asked. All her neighbours said yes and they were soon inside drinking strong coffee as Noella rustled up some pancakes with a berry sauce, which everybody sat their enjoying.

"Can I look a that photo?" she asked Jeanette. "I need to ring Steven."

She was soon explaining the whole disaster to Steven who asked if she could send him the photo so that he could send the agent and the sign company letters. Jeanette obliged and Noella told Steven she would be at work soon, albeit an hour late.

"Don't worry. I understand but you are keeping me busy!" he laughed. "I can't believe there is so much going on in your life."

"I just wish life would get simpler." she told him.

She joined her neighbours to finish off her pancakes and they chatted happily. When there was a break in the conversation Prue piped up.

"Now everybody remembers that it's afternoon tea at my house on Sunday."

Noella had totally forgotten.

"Now it's not going to be afternoon tea, it's going to be a cocktail party."

There was a murmur of approval.

"So bring your favourite bottle of spirit, I will provide the necessaries for some old favourites. Okay?"

Everybody agreed.

"And one last thing ladies. It's cocktail dresses only."

More murmurs of approval followed.

"Great I'll see you at four."

Pancakes and coffee complete they all filed for the front door to get their days underway. As Jeanette was leaving, she pulled Noella aside.

"You know that Josh keeps talking about you at work. What did you do?"

"Not much?" Noella giggled out a white lie. She knew it had been an awesome night.

"Have you rung him?"

"I'm sorry Jeanette. I haven't. He messaged me but his timing was bad. There's so much going on at the moment, I kind of half blew him off."

"Well I'd give him a ring if I was you." she said with a wink.

"I will." confirmed Noella. "I will give him a ring"

Jeanette gave her kiss on the cheek and followed the others out the door.

Noella bolted upstairs and madly got ready for work. On her arrival Steven briefed her on the letters he had sent, but thankfully the rest of the day was uneventful.

At lunch time she rang Josh. She wasn't sure where this was going, but she had been letting life come to her and why should this situation be any difference?

"Hi Josh! It's Noella."

"Hi beautiful Noella. You've been avoiding me?"

"No. You just rang me at the wrong time. I had so much going on, I just couldn't give you the time I needed to. Okay? Do you forgive me?"

"Well that depends if you'll go out with me."

"Yes. I will go out with you. But a proper date.....No whips or tying up."

"Promise! No whips or tying up! How about a picnic Saturday?"

"A Picnic in May? It's a bit cool."

"I know the perfect spot. You'll love it!"

"Okay a picnic Saturday it is!"

"I'll pick you up at eleven."

See you at eleven!"

"Bye."

"Bye."

That was easy......A picnic! .....WTF!...I hope it's fun!

Friday brought lunch at the Larder. Suzie and herself arrived first and were sitting enjoying their first sip of Pino Grigio when a familiar figure, who they couldn't quite make who it was, walked towards them with a smile. It wasn't until the attractive woman reached the table that they realised it was Jodie.

"Jodie!" they both exclaimed.

"Hello ladies." she smiled.

"Look at you!" gushed Noella.

"What have you done!" squealed Suzie.

"I just had a bit of an update." she announced as she did a little twirl next to the table.

"You look fabulous!" announced Noella.

"You do." agreed Suzie.

"Why thank you." she replied.

"What happened?" asked Suzie.

"It's all Noella's fault." she said.

"How's that?" asked Noella a little defensively.

"Well she gave me this beautiful pink lingerie set for lending her the car." she began. "As I told Noella the other day, it lit a fire in our sex life."

12