Drew Sr's Troubles with Roaches

Story Info
Drew Sr.'s chance to save the world
7.2k words
4.73
5k
8
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DrewScott
DrewScott
350 Followers

This is a parallel story of 'Drews trouble with Cats and Roaches Original and Part 2' it takes place after Drew Sr.'s son, Drew left earth for the merchant marines. Drew Sr. thought he had lost his son and had nothing to lose by heading out to the vastness of space.

This is my original story submitted and rightfully trashed by the Editorial staff. I have cut, slashed and modified it to fit into the parallel story of Drews (Jr.) Troubles. I am sure there are some grammatical issues. I can oversee the building of a $250 Mill Airport and write contracts and some nasty letters, but doing this is so much more fulfilling.

I hope you enjoy.

The Zito and Grell walked serenely through the city of Los Angeles. What was left of the buildings and human refuse were strewn across the landscape by the previous aerial and near-space bombing. They made an odd pair, the insectoid body of Zito with four legs moving the elongated body and two in the air, tasting the surroundings. The tall willowy bipedal body of the Grell was wrapped in a silk like material. It seemed to flow with the wind and dust.

Human survivors scattered when the pair came into view. The survivors knew that death followed the aliens. They did not want to end up with the same fate as the rest of the denizens of LA.

The buzzing of the Zito broke the silence. After a second of delay, the translator spoke, "Fascinating creatures, these humans of yours."

The Grell harrumphed and arrogantly pulled himself taller, his oversized head tilting. "These creatures are far from 'mine.' They come from this backwater planet that was just brought into the Celestial Homogeny. Some of the Elder members still consider them...Riffraff...it's a human term. Not that we do not have many minor civilizations within the Hegemony. Small pathetic planets, but humans have proven to be exceptionally irritating riffraff."

"Yet, they saved your hive and the other *&%$ hives from our extermination," countered the Zito. The Zito stopped and tried to find a better word, a buzz, 'contaminated hives,' the translator stated. He paused, then continued to walk the path that had been cleared through the rubble. "Yes, that's a better word, 'contaminated.'" Pause, "We see your whole Hegemony as a deeply contaminated set of hives," pause. "Each hive out for its own interest with little care for the other." Pause "That is, until this last battle," it paused with a vibration of his carapace, "He changed our mind, at least for the time being."

The Grell paused his own graceful stride and said, "Yes, one unbelievable act, by a riffraff among riffraff...still unimaginable by the rest of Hegemony." He paused and looked around, "To do what he did...unthinkable."

The Zito rattled again "To you unthinkable, to us admirable. Causing a chance to stop, discuss and contemplate...."

***

Drew thrust himself into the finch and pulled himself back and thrust again. Each time eliciting a warble from the sexy avian creature. God, he loved fucking alien sexy babes. His friends from back home would be disgusted at the thought of the tight wet orifice he was currently plundering.

His soon to be ex-wife had caused so much drama in his life, that it was a god send to get to space and just have good, no obligation sex.

He wished he could speak their language. He hated having to depend on the crappy translators the elders gave the maintenance crew. Damn pieces of junk missed every third word. Also, he wished he could remember this feathery babe's name.

Hell, he could not even tell them apart.

Yet here he was in space, at the tinder age of 65, working on a space station. He was getting rather enjoyable sex each day with a variety of species that can't speak a damn word of English.

Never in his life would he have believed that, within the span of years, he would have gone from being a 60-year-old municipal maintenance mechanic to a space guy on a repair space station outside the rings of Saturn.

Drew kept thrusting and listening to the "cooes" coming from his feathery partner. As he was about to cum, he heard Central Station Control over the radio, "MV114 (Maintenance Vehicle) what is your status?" pause, "Why are you drifting into the Z4 travel lane?", pause "...Drew god dammit, come in."

Drew came deep into his feathery partner. He reached over her prone body and slapped the communication button. "MV114 responding, had a bit of an issue here," he paused to wipe his cock on the back of his avian partner, tuck it in and zip up. "Back online" he stated as he slid back into his chair and grabbed the controls. His partner still slumped over the back of her chair breathing hard and making little chirping noises.

"Back online? Back online?" shouted Control, then a more measured whisper of a voice, full of venom, came over the speaker "Drew if you were fucking your new assistant, I...I... I swear I'll skin you alive when you get back? Hear me?"

Drew smiled and stated "Control, your message received loud and clear, our comm and control mishap will be defined at the end of shift in my Daily report."

He heard a faint "What a dick" from Control before the comm was abruptly cut off from the other side.

***

Drew was one of the first to volunteer for space. He had lost his only son to space. Drew Jr. had signed up for the merchant marines and then vanished on a supply run. His heart was empty, and he had to get away and out of the rut he found himself in. To top it off, he had gotten involved with his son's old girlfriend and she turned up pregnant. Him 60 plus years and her 22, and dumb as a rock. "How could I be that stupid," was his only refrain. After her parents kicked her out, they got married so she would have benefits for the pregnancy.

In a replay of his life, he came home at lunch and found her banging the UPS guy. They said his arm and ribs would heal simply fine. Turned out that baby was not Drew Sr's to boot, but the UPS guy gets to explain that one to his wife.

Drew Sr. decided to leave for space and the great unknown. The pay was fantastic, and he had great alien medical benefits to keep him healthy. What else could a guy ask for?

Well that came with the job too. The sex thing only came up after Drew had been on station a week. It seems that other species have an odd attraction to human smell. On their worlds, males had desire for sex only once or twice a year, while the females were always in heat. Drew was put off at first, but alone, in space, with a bunch of horny female aliens...

Drew Sr. adapted.

***

Drew, a Kettle he called Kay, and a Furry he called Foxy, were out on a three-man maintenance run. Furry as Pilot and to provide support functions.

"Do we know what happened to the crews?" questioned Foxy.

"Only the normal rumors and horrid guesses. We will never really know," responded Drew.

Drew and Kay were fitted up for Exterior Vehicle armored space suit work. Drew was first out of the interlock. He flashed his drive unit and headed towards the derelict ship. Kay was the second EV system out of the bay and followed closely behind Drew. Foxy was left to keep the shuttle close to receive or deliver tools and parts as requested.

"It is fun chasing you, my human prey," Kay sent over inter-vehicle transmission as she flew in right behind Drew.

"Prey, huh?" Drew responded, "As I remember it, you were tied, spread open for my use last time we were together...not such a good position for a predator, eh?"

Foxy kicked in from the shuttle, "Would you two please stop talking about sex! It's been a week since he found time for me and I am getting all wet and swollen in here. Not comfortable!"

"Not my fault you had the furry case of the flu, beautiful." Drew responded with a smile, "I am always willing. You were the one being reasonable."

"Human slut." Kay responded with mirth.

"As I have explained many times, a "slut" is a human female designation. A human male that enjoys lots of sex with lots of partners is just considered...well, male." Drew stated. He continued, with a smile, until they reached the derelict.

"Foxy, pull the shuttle in close please. Let's see what we find. Any good stuff and straight contraband will be shared between the three of us. The drones supposedly cleaned up the mess, but this being an Eldership, there must be choice stuff to take home. Keep those beautiful eyes peeled," commented Drew. He scanned the hole in the side of the ship one more time.

"Something's just not right," he thought. "Why do I feel this way? Something's just not right."

"Kay, please go aft and look at the engine room. This hole was well placed, took out the main armament and targeting room. If I am not wrong, it should have just scrambled the engines, not destroyed them. I am going up to the bridge to find out what's working."

Drew moved past the debris of the blast zone and worked his way to the bridge. It was as dark as could be, except for the still open view ports allowing in the very faint starlight.

"That's odd," he thought, "shouldn't the blast shutters have closed immediately if they went to red alert?" He lit up the room and moved to the engineering console to find what he could energize. Plugging in his alternate power supply, he brought the console up and active.

The schematics showed that the hole was in weapons targeting, but the area was also the secondary battle bridge. "If the command team was there when it hit, all ranking officers would be finished in one action." he thought.

He pulled up their version of cameras and adjusted the spectrum to fit his human eyes. What he saw of the explosion at the 'impact site" chilled him to the bone.

"Foxy, patch me through to Control immediately. Kay get the engines running if you can," he demanded. "Foxy is the call clear?"

"No, I can't get the call out," she responded, "We are getting a lot of interference."

"Is the interference coming from any of the two other derelicts?" he questioned.

"Yes, yes it could be...what is going on?"

"This ship was blown from inside, fucking sabotage," Drew nearly yelled through the comm.

"Hit the emergency mayday button Foxy, we have Roaches in one of those ships or all three" Drew demanded.

He heard a growl from Kay and then a muted scramble through her headset.

"Bug, fucking Bug, evil vile &%^$ minion*7&3$." Kay screamed, part in English, part swearing in her own tongue.

"On my way." he yelled back. Drew dove down the center corridor and did not know what he was seeing until he collided with the back of the armored space suited Roach. Kay had one of the armored arms hanging limp where she broke the upper joint.

She was wrapped in the other 5 arms and screaming in pain. Drew pulled his plasma torch from his thigh holster and started in on the "neck joint." He made fast ugly work of the soft point in the suit. He did not want the roach out of the suit only to kill it. As soon as he saw penetration, he brought the torch to full and cooked the damn ugly thing.

Kay was hurt badly but not dead. "You kill the evil vile thing?" she asked.

"Yes, beautiful it's dead and floating." he responded.

"Good, those things killed my family and the whole settlement. First time I have actually had a chance to kill one, wanted the kill for myself."

"Lots of time to kill more, little warrior," he stated softly looking at her pained face. Her feline features were smeared with blood, it was hard for Drew to see his kitten playmate in such pain.

"NOT so little, take your dick whole and a damn good fuck, you tell me yourself!" she responded trying to not show the pain she was in. He just smiled at her through their faceplates.

***

Foxy was not happy about what she was ordered to do. As she heard the fighting in the engine bay, she knew she had to act, but it went against the nature of her species. She lifted the cover and held her finger above the button. She knew if she pushed the button, a Mayday would go out to the whole fleet, on all channels, on all frequencies. Crews had been court-martialed for far less than hitting this button on a hunch.

When she heard Kay scream in pain, and Drew's response, she pushed the button. Sirens wailed, lights on the comm board went nuts. She pushed the adjacent comm button and spoke "Mayday, mayday, we have Roaches in-system and may be inbound."

As Foxy listened to her message repeat over and over, different alarms of the tactical console began to flash and sound. She pulled up the warning datum and graphics of the location of the warning. The supposed dead Elder destroyers were powering up, engines, control power and weapons.

Foxy modified her original message "Mayday, Mayday, Confirmed, we have Roaches in-system, they have control of two Elder destroyers. Mayday, Mayday".

The two Roach-controlled destroyers began to move. They began to head in-system, when one swung around and came at the shuttle and third destroyer. Drew and Kay were unaware of the danger heading their way. Foxy froze in place and watched the destroyer tracking closer to her position. As it swept by, a green beam licked out and bathed the shuttle in a green glow. When the Roach destroyer cleared the area, both the shuttle and Foxy were destroyed.

The whole destroyer rocked as the debris from the shuttle was jammed against their destroyer's hull. Drew screamed, "Foxy come in! Shuttle, come in!" He worked his way to a view port and could see a debris field floating where the shuttle once was. Drew sat back and shut down his external output and he slumped against a wall in his suit. He was a maintenance guy, not a space marine.

Something snapped inside Drew, he went stone cold. He realized that all his co-workers chose this dangerous life, but there were billions of people and aliens on Earth that had no idea of the danger. His son was living secretly on Earth with his new alien family. So, if the Bugs wanted to play, he would play too.

*****

Drew could hear Kay moaning and finally pushed himself upright. He checked his mag boot locks and then tromped on back down to engineering. He found Kay where he had left her, pinging off one wall here, the dead Roache's suit there, then back to another wall, all in zero G.

"Kay, they killed Foxy and destroyed our shuttle." Drew said sadly.

"I know," she said, "I bounce around, I saw Bug beam kill Foxy," she paused. "How'd Bug beam get in Elder destroyer?"

"I don't know, but we have to get this crate functional."

A sound of hope from Kay "We get ship ready and go kill Bugs?" pause, "Me get to engine control you go up to Main control. You tie me to console, so I do not float away when I work...oh and give me shot, you know which one."

"What and jack you up so your heart explodes? I need you my little warrior, can't have two dead bodies floating down here."

"You give me half shot and get rid of dead carcass for me, fucking Bug. I be fine, and we go kill Bugs, sneak up on them. Dead ship makes them dead," she said with a feral sound to her voice.

Drew, looking face mask to face mask, could see the blood coming from the corner of her mouth and nose, she looked a mess, but the fire in her eyes said she was good to get the mission done.

"Ok princess, I'll get rid of your pet and get up to control" Drew said with his own smile.

"Fuck you, 'princess', me hunter-warrior, you do not forget!"

"Yes baby, I won't forget," he said as he turned and grabbed one of the dead bug arms and began to haul it out of engineering towards the large hole in the side of the ship.

***

Drew pushed the Roach carcass out of the "missile" hole. He got his first full view of the shuttle debris field, not much left. On board, hidden in the debris of the explosive decompression was something he had not noticed before. It was well hidden and camouflaged, but there it was, a Bug Light. They were enormously powerful laser type weapons using a technology that was not understood. They were deadly, and Hegemony shields only held up for a few seconds to their full blast. The Bugs had it mounted in a fixed location with the barrel pointed out of the hole. He pushed the dead Roach out towards the shuttle debris field and his heart began to ache again with the remembrance of Foxy.

He started slamming blast doors from the controls in tactical, or what was left of it and then headed for the bridge.

Once on the bridge, Drew saw that Kay had the engines up providing power. Drew went about bringing their derelict back on-line. First shutting all the blast doors around the puncture in the outer hull, then bringing life support back up so they could remove their helmets and armored suits.

***

"Kay, please verify that engineering life support is fully operational"

"Yes, out of EZV Suit and into safety suit. Place smells like fucking Bug," she hissed.

"Honey, he was in an armored suit, how does it smell like bug" commented Drew

"Fuck you, you burnt hole in Bug, so it smells like burnt Bug down here," she really hissed "I come up to bridge and use engineering station, fucking burnt Bugs."

He had to laugh at the situation, all he could do was laugh.

****

Drew got the derelict moving, punched in his override codes he had gathered over the years. It's part of being a good maintenance mechanic, fix it while you're there. So what, if you are violating 100 fleet regulations. He could bypass anything anywhere.

The one thing he left shutdown was the ship AI. The last thing he needed was a long discussion on protocol and regulation with the ship itself.

So, he was now Captain of a fully capable and armed Elder destroyer. So, what to do now? He brought up all the space charts to see the position of all the Hegemony fleet. It took a bit for him to utterly understand what he was seeing. He slapped the blinking comm button, showing an incoming message. "To all the fleet, flee. Save your crews and ships. We will gather later and use all our resources to fight against this slaughter another day. You are ordered to flee and save yourselves."

"Fuck you," Drew responded. He stared at the star maps on screen and now understood what he was viewing. The fleet was leaving Earth to die and streaming to the known jump points and winking out of space. Running for their lives and leaving the heart of humanity to the Roach horde.

"Kay, Baby," Drew slowly spoke, he sighed, "we need to talk".

She stated "Why talk? Go kill bugs!"

Drew tried to be patient and explain "This will not end well for us baby, we are talking about taking a derelict destroyer against the whole Roach hive...Baby, we will die."

"I am a hunter, warrior, life is nothing unless I live warrior code. We go kill bugs, die like warriors!"

"Well...Ok...fuck," Drew paused and looked off into the distant bulkhead, "I hope they make up stories about us, or a damn good song." Drew chuckled in black humor.

***

Drew channeled up on the fleet channel and sent a message. "To the fleet, this is Captain Drew Scott of the armed destroyer "Derelict." We have received your cowardly message to flee. We will not leave Earth defenseless and run away. We refuse to obey the order and are going to attack the Hive as soon as I can figure out how to fly this Elder bastard ship."

"This is Fleet, we have no record of an earth destroyer or a ship named Derelict. We have record of a worker named Drew Scott, but he is no Captain. We have ordered all operational ships to follow our orders. If you do not comply you will be considered rouge and be fired on by any fleet ships in your area."

"Well, aren't you special." Drew satirically commented. "Well, since you are turning tail and being cowards, let's change the rules a bit, shall we?" Drew paused for effect. "This is Pirate Captain Drew Scott, aboard Pirate ship Derelict. My first mate is..."

DrewScott
DrewScott
350 Followers