Drew's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maggie walked over and stood by her husband's bed. She looked back at the young intern, "Does he know I'm here?"

"Perhaps. He may think it's a dream. We simply don't know."

Maggie took Drew's hand and placed hers in it. She leaned over and whispered into his ear, "Drew, its Maggie, I'm right here. If you can hear me, squeeze my fingers."

For several seconds nothing happened, then Maggie could just barely feel her fingers being pulled together. She smiled.

"Drew I want you to listen very carefully. I love you with all my heart... I have no other plans but to keep you around for a very long time."

Before she knew it, her time was up. Maggie would spend the rest of the night waiting for her five minutes with Drew every few hours. She never left his side.

****

One of Chicago's numerous summer storms was beginning to bear down on the windy city. Maggie just made it through the main doors of the hospital with the sky opened up, sending sheets of rain down onto the hot pavement sending up clouds of steams.

It has been two days since Drew had his heart attack. The doctors did several CAT scans and determined that Drew was in need for a triple bypass operation. There was no time to reconsider nor was there time for a second opinion. Drew was scheduled to go into surgery the next morning. Maggie took the elevator to the fourth floor to the cardiac wing. As she made her way toward this room, her heels made a 'tap-clack' sound as she walked along the highly polished floors.

Maggie walked toward her husband's room. The door was ajar, and she pushed the door open just enough so she could pass through. The room was dark, illuminated only by the glowing displays of the electronic monitors plugged into Drew. An occasional flash of lightning would illuminate the room like a camera's flash giving Maggie a surreal image of the room; Drew's bed silhouetted by the flashes of light from the sky. Maggie closed the door behind her and walked slowly toward Drew.

"Drew, are you awake? I'm here," Maggie spoke quietly as she moved toward the side of the bed.

Drew had been watching the storm move through the city, the large glass windows of his room gave him an unparalleled view of God's light show. The sound of the thunder bounced off the windows causing the room to echo with the storm's fury.

"How ya hanging in there honey?" Maggie inquired.

"I'm just thinking Maggie, I'm just thinking..."

"About what?"

Maggie ran her fingers across his forehead and down his cheeks.

"Oh, just everything. I'm thinking of Avery and my business. I've been thinking of how you and I fell out of touch, but I've been thinking mostly of you. Maggie what happened between us?"

Maggie sat down on the edge of his bed and when she did her off white pencil skirt rode up her thighs till it exposed the top of her hose.

Drew looked down and took notice as to what Maggie had on.

"You have a date tonight Maggie? I've haven't seen you like that in over a year. Why? Don't you love me anymore?"

Maggie scooted over toward Drew and took his hand and placed it on her thigh. Drew was tired and weak so Maggie had to slide his hand up and down her thigh. Drew smiled a weak smile and closed his eyes taking in the sensation of her leg on his fingertips.

"Do you like this honey?"

Drew smiled again, "Yes. I've always enjoyed it. You know that. It's too bad I had to wait till I'm about have open-heart surgery to enjoy touching you."

"I'm sorry Drew. It's my fault. It's your fault. We just never seemed to have the time, to make the time for both of us to simply enjoy each other as we did when we were younger. That's going to change. I'm going to make sure this never happens again. You have my word on it as your wife."

Maggie removed Drew's hand from her thigh and stepped back from the bed a few feet. In the half darken room, she reached up and started to un-button her pastel blue shirt and let it slide down her arms. Drew eyes brighten with anticipation as he watched in disbelief as his wife slowly stripped out of her clothes.

She reached down and pulled the zipper on her skirt. The formerly tight skirt fell loosely upon her hips. She let the skirt drop to the floor and stepped out of it. Drew could see the ivory colored thigh high hose Maggie wore underneath. The sheer nylon glimmered when the lightning flashed upon her legs.

Without saying a word, she reached between her breasts and popped the clasp holding her white lace bra together. The thin garment fell silently to the floor. She slipped her thumbs into the waistband of her white panties and seductively pulled them down and the flicked them off. Maggie sat back down on the side of his bed and raised one foot, slipped her high heel off, and then she did the same with the other shoe.

Maggie turned to face Drew and snuggled up as close as she could. She brought her leg up across his legs so her knee was almost to his chest. She took one of Drew's hands and placed it just at the top of her nylon where it meets her bare skin. She knew Drew liked to run his fingers along the top of her hose, and she guided his fingers to that location.

"Maggie what if someone comes in?"

"Well it's a hospital, it won't be the first time they've seen the bare butt of a woman before."

Drew generated a weak smile.

"You're right, I have a date tonight. I have a date with my husband whom I love with all my heart," Maggie said as she pulled Drew closer to her warm body. "Drew, laying by your side is the greatest peace I've ever known. I feel so safe, secure, and sane in your arms."

Maggie could feel Drew try to hold her in his, but all he could manage was a squeeze or two. The two lay together without speaking as they listened to the thunder mixed with the beeps and tones from the monitors. The steady rhythmic sounds from the heart monitor beeped with each beat of his heart. As they lay together their two hearts seemed to beat together, merging into one.

Maggie laid on her side with her leg up against his chest; she brushed some of his hair from out of his eyes.

"Maggie... I'm afraid..."

"Afraid of the surgery honey?"

"No... I'm afraid of losing you. I've tried so very hard to be a good husband...I'm afraid for Avery. I've failed both of you."

Drew started to cry, softly at first, then he lost his composure and his tears flowed like small rivers from his eyes. This was the first time since they were together that Drew wept openly. Maggie pulled him as tight as she could as Drew placed his head upon her bare chest. As Drew continued to sob, his warm tears descended down from his eyes and fell like raindrops upon Maggie's bare breasts.

As Maggie held her husband tight in her, "I'm here for you this time. Drew you have a safe harbor in my arms. We'll get through this I promise.

"You haven't failed. I'll always need you... I'll always need you."

Drew drifted off and he soon fell into a deep sleep. Maggie kissed him and gave him one last hug before sliding off the bed. She quickly dressed. She opened the door and set the stop so it would remain open a bit and left his room.

Maggie walked down the hallway heading toward the elevator and home. It was going to be a long tough day tomorrow.

****

The alarm clock rang out, and Maggie rolled over trying to focus on the clock's face.

"Five already?" Maggie said to herself as she forced her body out of bed. Drew was scheduled to go into surgery at eight that morning. Maggie wanted to be there early so she could be with him before he went under the knife.

Maggie twisted the knob on the shower's faucet and while the water came to temperature she rummaged through her closet. She was looking for something nice to wear, something Drew would like to see her in. Last night was the first time she wore a skirt just for Drew's enjoyment in a year. She remembered what Drew said last night, "It's too bad I had to wait till I'm about have open-heart surgery." She knew in her heart Drew was right.

As the water vapor from the shower filled the bathroom and rolled across the floor, Maggie had made her choice. She pulled out a tailored pair of dark blue, blue jeans, a yellow shirt and a pair of black heels. She took into the bathroom a pair of pantyhose, a pastel yellow bra and matching panties. Although she knew Drew would not be able to see what she had on under her jeans, Maggie knew; and that thought made her smile. If Maggie felt good about herself, Drew would pick up on it.

As Maggie stepped into the soothing water, she smiled as she recalled all the good times her and Drew had together. All the times he stood by her side, fighting her demons, just as he promised the night he proposed to her. Yet through the years they had drifted apart, so slowly it was not measurable by either one of them. Now, nearly twenty years later, it was Maggie's turn to step up to the plate.

As the last of the water dripped from the showerhead, Maggie dried off and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She turned side to side as she watched the image before her change as she moved.

"Well, it's not the body I had nineteen years ago, but all and all still not too bad to look at."

Maggie slipped her panties on then worked her pantyhose up her legs. She pulled her bra up over her shoulders and fastened the clasp close. She struggled getting her jeans on; those few extra pounds and middle age seemed to cause the denim material to shrink just a smidge. She applied some makeup to her face. Finally, she put her shirt on and slipped her heels onto her feet. She did one final look at herself in the mirror and smiled at her reflection.

Maggie arrived at the hospital just a bit before seven in the morning. The place was a virtual bee hive of activity as nurses and doctors made their way from room to room. The staff was busy with other patients and had yet been into Drew's room except for an injection of some drugs. Maggie walked in and stood beside her husband. The room was dimly lighted and on the cold side as Maggie walked over beside her husband resting in his bed.

"Drew, I'm here," Maggie said and she squeezed his hand

"Sure is good to see you. I don't know how long I'll be awake, 'cuz someone came in here a bit ago and gave me a few shots of something. It's making me really sleepy."

Drew was eyeing up Maggie from head to toe, then smiled and said, "You sure look nice today. Did you do that for me?"

"Who else would I do this for honey? I thought you would enjoy the view."

"I do."

Drew smiled and looked up into Maggie face, but the drugs were making it more and more difficult for him to move. Drew tried to move his hand but he only managed to slide it across the bed sheet. Maggie reached down and placed his hand in hers.

"Maggie," Drew began, "I had this dream last night. You came to my room, and you lay down next to me. I dreamt you were naked. I had been crying, and you dried my tears..."

Before Drew could finish he nodded off to sleep, Maggie still holding his hand, began to gently rub the top of his hand with her fingers, back and forth, across his hand trying to make him feel more at ease with his surroundings.

As Maggie stood beside her husband, tears filled her eyes, then slowly one at a time, they ran down her cheeks falling like rain drops from a spring shower upon Drew's hand. Maggie wiped her tears from his fingers. She bent down and whispered into his ear, "I know you can hear me Drew. Remember that night of the storm, the night we first made love? I told you to never let me go. Well I'm here now, and I'm holding you in my arms. You are safe in my heart. I'm never ever going to let you go."

Maggie squeezed his hand and gently kissed him upon his lips. She ran her fingers through his hair and brushed it back across his forehead. Just then she heard the double doors open up and the sounds of two nurses as they came into the room.

"Mrs. Carter, it's time for your husband to be moved up to prep," one nurse said as she pulled the bed back from the wall.

"I love you Drew..."Maggie whispered as she let go of his hand and watched him being wheeled from the room.

"Dear God, please don't take him from me," Maggie prayed to herself.

"We'll keep you informed when he gets settled into the prep room and then when he goes into surgery."

"Thank you," Maggie said as she turned and walked slowly toward the cardiac waiting room. She patted her eyes dry with the back of her hand.

Maggie found a nice quiet spot in the waiting room and started flipping though the pile of out dated magazines. It was going to be a very long day. She started to daydream to herself. As her mind wondered, thinking of days gone by, a smile appeared upon her face. Suddenly, she felt a warm hand touch hers. Looking up, it was her friend Joyce.

"How you holding up Maggie?" Joyce asked.

"Oh, I'm hanging in there. I was just thinking of a date Drew and I had sometime back."

"Will you share it with me? It will help you get your mind off of his surgery."

"I don't know, Joyce, there's not much to say about it, it was a long time ago, when we were both younger."

"It'll make you feel better..."

Maggie thought for a few moments and then started to relate her story to Joyce.

"Well let me see Joyce, I guess it was about ten years ago. Drew and I went to see a concert, I can't even recall who we went to see. I do remember that there were plenty of empty seats in the row we were in. A couple sat just below us and maybe one or two others down in the same row. We were more or less alone.

"You know Drew always liked seeing me in some sort of nylons, and that night was no exception, except when I was getting dressed, he produce a package of very sheer thigh high stockings. I remember the color; smoke black. 'Here,' he said, 'I'd like you to wear these tonight.'

"Back then, I didn't have any trouble wearing what he liked, and besides, the hose he picked out for me to wear felt really good on my legs. I wore a nice navy blue skirt, but it was kind of long, even for me at the time. If I recall, the hem came down past my knees, maybe even a few inches lower. The skirt had a row of buttons that went from the hemline all the way up to the waistband.

"When the concert began, they of course turned the light way down low, and then as though on cue, Drew began working on me. He just loved necking and foreplay with me.

"At first, it was just some touching and kissing but then I could feel him working on the buttons holding my skirt together. He started at the bottom and with the skill of a neurosurgeon Drew slowly pushed button after button out of its slot. The seats were tight, but as each button lost its grip, Drew would pull my skirt open, exposing more and more of my legs to his leering eyes and roaming hands. I protested, pushing his hands back, but he would return again, working on the buttons holding my skirt together.

"I started looking around, trying to see if anyone was watching us, but it was dark and we were by ourselves. Suddenly, I felt the button, the last button, loose its grip and my skirt was undone. Drew opened my skirt. In the dim light, I looked down and could see my panties and thigh high hose. For a second I thought he might try and pull my skirt out from underneath me, but he didn't. His attention was elsewhere.

"Drew really got off by touching my thighs just where the top of my thigh high stockings would meet my bare skin. It was one of his hot buttons. He ran his fingers under the top of my hose, then squeeze my thigh. I felt his hand, then his other hand, run up and down my legs all the way down to my high heels. I don't know how he did it so fast, but he managed to unbuckle the little ankle straps of my high heels. Before I could say anything, he had my heels off and sitting in the seat beside him.

"I don't recall if I was frozen in place due to fear of being caught or I was caught up in the moment. Whatever it was, I just sat there. That husband of mine was slowly undressing me right there in the concert!

"His touch was unbelievably soft and between his caresses, my clothes being slowly removed, the dim lights, the sounds of the concert...my God I was getting hot...I could feel myself getting wet between my legs.

"I now knew why Drew asked me to wear such a small pair of panties. He started caressing me in the most intimate way, running his fingers between my sex. My panties became soaked from my own desires. Then I felt him push them away. He slid a finger inside and touched my most private part. He fondled me, touched me, caressed me, until he had me in a state of well...I grabbed the arms of the seat, bit my lips so I wouldn't call out... But I guess I did let out a bit of a yell. Several people turn and looked up at us, I just hoped they thought I really like the concert.

"I'll cut to the chase...Drew gave me an orgasm right there in my seat with nothing more than his fingers. It wasn't one of those head banger going to explode orgasm, but an orgasm none-the-less.

"As my orgasm ebbed through me, Drew was back at it again. This time he had my shirt unbuttoned and his fingers were under my bra, feeling my breasts, fondling my nipples. Drew never complained about my small breasts and always liked to touch and lick them.

"I think I may have lost my bra if he had the time, but the concert was winding up. I started to put myself back together, but Drew stopped me after I had three buttons done on my skirt. He said, 'Just three, for tonight, please...just three?' That was the magic number of the evening. I had but three buttons holding my skirt together and the first three buttons of my shirt were open.

"I thought, what the hell! If anyone had witnessed what we were doing, then walking out with my skirt damn near open would be child's play. As it turned out, it was rather kinky and sexy, I was still very wet and I could feel the cool breeze blowing up between my legs. As I walked, my skirt would open and close showing off my legs. I knew when I turned just right, the gap in my shirt would open up and anyone could see my small white lace bra showing. I noticed a lot of guys watching me as I walked arm in arm with Drew. That really made me hot. There I was, almost thirty-five years old and still turning men's heads. And you know what? That got me horny as hell again. When we got to the car, it was my turn, but I'll leave that story for another time."

Joyce looked around the waiting room then turned back to Maggie.

"Jesus Christ Maggie, that made me horny!"

"Yeah, boy back in our days...we could really go at it. Drew was always a touchy feely person. That man of mine was more into the foreplay than the actual sex act."

"What happened Maggie, between the two of you?"

"I don't know Joyce. A couple of different things I guess, most of it work related and the lack of time together. He started to work more and more hours, sometimes as many as eighteen hours a day. His business was growing and he said he needed to keep things on track. Since he seemed to never be home, I started to do volunteer work besides the job I had.

"And then you know, Drew always had the hots for my legs...provided...I worn some kind of nylons. It didn't matter to him. Pantyhose, thigh high hose, he even talked me into a garter belt and old fashioned nylons once. I knew of his fetish while we dated and I encouraged him by wearing what he liked. I asked him once if it was the nylons that turned him on or me? He said it was like putting gas in a car. The gas made the engine rev up hot and fast. No gas—no hot engine.

"He would buy me expensive nylons and leave them out on the bedroom dresser with little love notes attached. It was sexy for a while.

"But then, it started to get old. It came to a head about a year ago. It was a Friday night and Avery was out on a date with Justin. I came down the stairs and on the dinning room table there was a pair of pantyhose and high heels. I picked them up and asked him where we were going. He said no where; he just wanted me to put them on for his enjoyment.