Drew's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Avery I have to run and do an errand. We're still on for tonight. I'll pick you up at your parent's house early, say five this afternoon? I really like what you wore today, could you leave it on for me?"

Avery looked a bit surprised but said, "Yeah, okay, I'll be at mom and dad's place at five. I won't change. What's going on?"

Justin got up and as he walked to the door, "I've got some plans. See ya at five!"

"Mom, what's going on?"

"Avery, you told me you were going to tell Justin about you being pregnant tonight, but can you hold off for another week?"

"What's going on mom?" Avery asked again.

"Justin is a fine young man. With all that had happened these past few days, let's just wait a bit longer before you tell him."

"Well okay, I'll wait till dad is out of the hospital and back home. Would that be okay?"

"That would be perfect Avery!"

They both looked up when they heard the large double doors open and out stepped Drew's surgeon. He stopped at the desk, and the nurse pointed back toward the two women. The surgeon had a great big smile on his face and a quickstep to his stride.

"Mrs. Carter... And this lovely young lady is who?" the surgeon asked.

"This is my daughter, Avery," Maggie said.

"Mrs. Carter, your husband's surgery was a textbook example of how things are supposed to go. It couldn't have gone any better. I've done thousands of surgeries like this and never had I had such clarity of thought. One of the doctors in the operating room mentioned I operated like the hand of God was guiding me."

The doctor pulled a coffee table closer to the two and then pushed a stack of magazine aside so he could sit down.

"Your husband's heart was in much better shape than the CAT scans showed. There's hardly any damage to the muscles of the heart. But, the good news is we thought we had to do three bypasses, but we only needed to do two.

"He'll be moved down from the surgery step-down room then into a cardiac ICU for twenty-four hours. We'll have him up and walking around his room by then. If everything goes as well as it did in surgery, I see no reason why he can't be back home within three, maybe four days.

"I didn't see any physical reason why he had the attack other than his cholesterol is high clogging his arteries. I have a feeling that he is under so much stress that it triggered the heart attack.

"Here's what you need to do. He's going to have to change his diet and reduce his stress levels. I know you can't live in a Walt Disney world, but you need to get him to relax and not worry. A little bit is fine, but he must have been carrying the weight of the entire city on his shoulders.

"Within a month after he gets home, you both need to start walking, riding bikes or doing some mild exercise. And you might not want your daughter to hear this..."

Maggie broke in, "You can say whatever there needs to be said in front of her."

"All right," the doctor continued. "I want you and your husband to have sex at least twice a week. Its great exercise for the cardio system and your brain floods your body with feel good chemicals like endorphins. It's like having your own drug store in your head. Wait a minute..."

The surgeon got up and went back through the large doors only to come back out several seconds later carrying a small tablet.

"Here, let's make this official. Here's a prescription that you two need to follow."

The doctor sat the pad down on his knee and began to write. He tore off a sheet and handed it to Maggie. Maggie looked down and began to smile.

"What's it say mom?"

Maggie handed the slip of paper to Avery. As she started to read the prescription, Avery's mouth fell open, then she covered it with one of her hands.

"Well I have more patients to see. Mr. Carter will be down soon. It was nice meeting you Avery." And with that the doctor headed back toward the operating rooms.

"Mom! Did you read this? It says to have sex three times a week with a minimum of twice a week. Refill as needed and as often as needed."

It seemed that no sooner than the doctor has left than on of the staff nurses came up to the two women and said, "Your husband is in the cardiac ICU. He's been in there now for an about an hour. Normally I'm only allowed to let one person in at a time, however, I can see you two would like to see him."

"Please, can we see him now?" Avery asked the nurse.

"Just follow me."

The nurse led the two down a few hallways to an area that was a large room with beds behind thick curtains. "Wait here till I get the okay to let you in," the nurse said in a very soft tone.

Maggie and Avery watched as she disappeared behind a door, then came back out.

"Here you go, just be quiet and follow me. He is under heavy medications and can't respond to you. You can stay for only a few minutes."

The nurse led them over to one of the curtains and pulled it back. Inside Drew was sleeping, tubes and wires were connected to various pieces of electronic monitors. When Avery got her first glimpse of her dad lying there with all that stuff connected to his body, she held her hand to her face. "Daddy, I'm sorry..."

Tears began to pool up in her young eyes as she started down at her father lying in the hospital bed. Maggie walked over and stood beside Drew. She held his hand and whispered, "I'm here..." then kissed him on his forehead.

In what seemed to be no more than a wink of an eye, the nurse came back in and told them that their time was up. "Until he gets out of the ICU unit, I can only let you in for five minutes every few hours."

As they both walked back to the waiting room, Maggie looked down at her watch, "Avery, it's almost four. Justin said he would be picking up you at five. You better run home so you don't miss him."

"Almost forgot the time," Avery said, "I wonder what he's up to?"

Maggie said, "I'll stay here a bit longer. There's nothing else I can do so, I'll stay and then more than likely go home.

"You have your phone on you, so if there is anything that pops up with your dad, I'll call you. You let me know what Justin planned, too."

Maggie gave Avery a hug and settled down into one of the over stuffed chairs. She slipped her heels off and tucked her legs up under herself. As the hours passed, one of the nurses brought out a blanket for Maggie to cover up. She got in twice more to see Drew.

"Mrs. Carter, why don't you go home?" a nurse said, "There's nothing you can do here. Get a good night's rest and come back in the morning. By mid afternoon, your husband should be awake and can talk to you."

"Perhaps you're right. If there is any change in his condition..."

"We will be sure to call you."

When Maggie returned home, she kicked her heels off and got herself undress, wearing just her panties, she curled up on the sofa with a soft blanket and her two cats, just trying to unwind after the day's events. She looked at her watch; it was almost twelve at night. No sooner than she got herself snuggled in, the phone rang.

"The hospital, there's something wrong with Drew!" She thought.

Maggie picked up the phone from the coffee table, "Hello!"

"Mom! It's Avery..."

"What's wrong Avery, you're crying..."

"Mom, these are happy tears! Justin... He asked me to marry him. Tonight while we were camping. Ohhhh mom— he got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife. It was so romantic, just like the way I always imagined it would be. You should see the ring he gave me. And mom, just as he asked me we both saw a shooting star fly across the sky. That's a good sign isn't it? And the strangest thing, when we got here, he asked me to do what you said dad always asked you, said it was tradition. It was just like you and dad! Ohhhh, Mom, I've never been so happy. Don't tell dad, I want to when we get back... Mom, I love you."

Maggie smiled to herself then said, "I'm so happy for you two. I'll let you tell your dad when you two get back. I love you, too."

"Oh thanks mom, I'll see you tomorrow evening."

****

The next morning Maggie was back at the hospital. Drew was moved out of ICU and into a room. Drew was awake and could talk now that they had removed some of the hoses and pipes from him.

Maggie walked into his room and saw that he was awake, "Hey, how ya doing?" Maggie asked.

Drew didn't hear her come into his room and was startled a bit, then said, "Maggie, you look good to these old eyes of mine. I'm really, really sore. I was told I'd be up and walking later today. Guess they want me to get moving as soon as possible.

"The nurses told me what you and Avery did to save my life. I did a lot of thinking just laying here in this bed for the last few days. Maggie, I'm thinking of turning over the mundane everyday running of the company to those that are doing it now. I think I'll check on them two, perhaps, three times a week..."

Maggie broke in, "Make that once or twice..."

Drew smiled, "You know you and I haven't been camping for a year or so. I'm getting a bit old to sleep on the ground, and I think I would enjoy building a cabin up there. Nothing fancy, but something we could all use. A place where we can enjoy our grandchildren."

Just then, Avery and Justin came into the room. Avery was absolutely glowing and Drew quickly picked up on it.

"Dad! How you doing? Dad...I'm sorry..."

"Don't be Avery. I can tell there's something going on...I can see it on your face."

"Dad Justin asked me to marry him. Last night at the lake he proposed to me!"

Drew looked surprised and yet happy at the same time, "Justin, welcome to the family!"

Justin reached out and shook Drew's hand, "Thank you sir. She's a fine woman. I'll treat her with all the love and respect I have."

"Justin, just call me dad, no more of this sir crap! Makes me feel old!"


Everyone laughed, then Drew asked Avery, "Did you..."

Out of the corner of his eye, Drew could see Maggie shaking her head side-to-side knowing what Drew would be asking.

"Did you have a good time up at the lake then?"

"It was fantastic! All of it. Justin is so romantic. There's a lot of tradition up there." Avery said as she looked over to Maggie, giving her a wink of her eye.

****

Drew seemed to bounce back faster then even his doctor's thought. Soon, he was walking on his own. Within three days, Maggie, Drew and his surgeon were in his room. As the surgeon looked over his chart one last time, "Mr. Carter, I don't see any reason why you can't leave today. Now before I sign you out, there are a few things you both need to know.

"You can do almost anything you want but run a jack hammer and skydive. Give yourself about four weeks before you two get intimate, and then ease into it. You still have my prescription Mrs. Carter?

"I know you neither of you two smoke, but nonetheless, don't start. Most important of all, you need to change your diet to lower your cholesterol. And for God's sake, ease back on all that stress!

"For the first two weeks, no showers, only sponge baths, you don't want to get the bandages wet. You'll get you a whole list of dos and don'ts from the staff and make sure you follow them. Oh yes, both of you need to get some exercise. And Mrs. Carter, you need to call my office and set up an appointment."

"When do you want to see him?" Maggie asked.

"Oh, it's not for your husband, it's for you! You need to reduce your stress too. You both are young enough you shouldn't have to worry about heart problems. Why don't you two just set back and enjoy each other's company?"

Later that day, Maggie brought Drew home. He sat down in his favorite chair and just took in the sights and smells of his home. His two fat cats came up and sat on his lap, purring as they curled into fury balls on his lap.

Drew smiled in appreciation at his two cats, stroking their fur, "Sure is good to be back home."

****

Though out the first week, Drew was so sore he was only able to do his exercise the doctors had ordered, however, as the days marched by, he started to gain some of his strength back. Maggie had drawn some hot water and she preparing to give Drew his sponge bath. She got him onto their bed and undressed. Drew was lying naked on top of some towels she had laid down. With all the stitches holding Drew's chest together, he was just barely able to move.

She took a warm washcloth and started to massage his body with the tepid water. It felt good to Drew, and a smile came to his face. Maggie reached over to wash his shoulders when she noticed Drew was looking at her small breasts hiding under her bra and shirt.

"You like what you see?"

Drew reached up and caressed one of her breasts through her shirt with the back of hand, then he rubbed his fingers across the soft cotton material of her shirt. As he continued fondling her breasts from outside her shirt, she stopped washing his shoulders and just closed her eyes. It had been so long since she felt's Drew's hands upon her breasts. Drew could feel her nipple growing larger as he continued to touch her.

"Maggie, would you mind taking... I mean if you don't care...I'd like to see your..."

Maggie put the sponge down then reached up and started to un-button her shirt.

"Drew, you never have to ask."

Maggie pulled her shirt down from her shoulders and dropped it on the floor. She reached between her breast and un-clasped the bra's hook. She slid the garment down her shoulders, teasing Drew with it.

Drew raised his hand and touched her bare skin; Maggie tilted her head back and smiled.

"Honey, it's been so very long since you touched me... Kiss them, oh please kiss them both."

Maggie leaned over Drew so her breasts were within his reach. He pulled her closer and took one of her nipples into his mouth, running his tongue back and forth. It seemed as though Drew's never had her before, and he savored each breast as he kissed one, then the other. He ran his hand down her spine, and his fingers lingered were her pants meet her hips.

"Would you like these off?"

"If you don't mind, yes, I would like to see you..." Drew said as he stared at this wife's body.

Maggie took a few steps away from the bed, to give Drew a clear view, and popped the snap holding her jeans together. As she wiggled then down her legs, she slightly turned to give Drew a nice eye full of her butt.

As Maggie pulled her jean down past her hips, Drew could see the very tops of Maggie's thigh high stockings.

"Oh," Maggie said softly, "I guess I forgot I put these on earlier..."

When her jeans were to the floor, she kicked her shoes off, keeping her white socks on over her nylons. She walked over to Drew and hooked her thumbs into the waistband of her panties and ever so slowly pulled them down just a bit showing a neatly trimmed strip of public hairs. Drew's eyes brighten, and Maggie noticed.

"Trimmed up things just for you honey," Maggie said seductively.

As Maggie slid her panties down her thighs and to the floor, she leaned forward, causing her petite breasts to fall from her chest. Drew smiled again in appreciation. He seemed to notice her areolae seem darker than he remembered; her nipples stuck out from each breast.

Maggie walked over to the side of Drew's bed and laid down beside him. She pulled her leg up to his waist and snuggled up close. Her husband was warm to her touch. She took his hand and purposely placed it on her thigh exactly where he liked it; just at the very top of her stocking where her bare skin meets the nylon.

"Ooooooo...Maggie...That's nice..."

"Drew," Maggie began, "When I was talking to Avery in the waiting room, I told her that love is like a campfire. A fire that is too hot can boil water, let a fire that's not stroked with new fuel will go out.

"Drew you're the fire. Your passion burns hot and fast. I'm the water, running smooth and deep. But we're as natural as can be-fire and water- and you and me."

Drew reached up and rubbed Maggie's shoulder and ran his fingers down her arm. Maggie felt so warm, so smooth; so very much his wife.

He pulled her tight.

Maggie laid her head upon Drew's chest. She could feel his heart beating, beating strong, and beating true, as the rhythmic sounds of his heart continued, Maggie pulled herself up as close to him as she could. Drew could feel the warmth of her bare breasts against his chest. Maggie moved her leg slowly up and down Drew's bare legs so he could feel her stockings.

"I told you. I told you I'd hold you in my arms forever," Maggie whispered as she ran her fingers across Drew's face, "Fire and water-and you and me."

****

As the week passed, Drew started to regain his strength. Little by little, he grew stronger and they had a dinner date planned for tonight. While Maggie was finishing getting ready, Drew sat down on a chair waiting for his wife.

When Maggie walked over she said, "What's wrong Drew?" You look a bit pale. You okay? Is it your heart?"

"Maggie," Drew replied, "Would you mind if I take a rain check on our date? I think I might have overdone things, as I feel a bit weak. Would it be okay with you if we just stay home and maybe eat in?"

"Well to be honest with you, I kind of feel the same way, Let's get a veggie pizza later on."

Maggie walked over and slips a CD into a player, adjusting the volume low, she slowly make her way back to Drew.

"Have seat," Maggie instructed Drew as she tugged at his arm.

With Drew on the sofa, Maggie pulled the zipped down on her skirt and an amazed Drew watched the garment slowly fall from her waist, piling up around her high heels. Maggie reached up under her sweater, unclasps her bra, then pulls the straps down her arms. She flung the small black bra to Drew.

Maggie, wearing very sheer soft black pantyhose, stepped out of her skirt and then ran her hands up and down her thighs as she leers over to Drew. A pair of black boy short panties are clearly visible hiding under her hose.

By now, Drew is visibly excited as he watched Maggie bend over showing off her butt to Drew. Maggie swaggered over, sat by Drew, and placed her legs across his lap.

Maggie looked over to Drew, "You like this?"

"Yes!"

"Well aren't you going to touch me? I really wouldn't mind being groped on as the kids would say." Maggie asked as a grin formed on her face.

Drew placed his hand on her thigh and ran it up to her waist, then further up to her small breast, caressing it through her sweater.

"I thought you said you weren't a Barbie doll for me to dress and undress. That's what you said." Drew asked.

"Well I did say that, but that was a year ago. I've been thinking that possibly I was wrong. I guess for you, if this is what turns you on, well I guess that's going to be our normal."

"Drew, I need, I really need to know something." Maggie asked in a very quite voice setting the mood in the room to serious.

Drew's hand was now under Maggie's sweater rolling her swollen nipple between his fingers, cupping her small breast in his hand, "You look worried, do you want me to stop?"

"Please don't, it feels really good, but Drew I need to know."

"Know what Maggie?"

"This last year, ah...you know you and I weren't...Ah shit Drew, we didn't have any sex, any touching. Nothing. I'd like to know. Were you having an affair with another woman? Having her give you what you weren't getting from me. I really need to know."

Drew looked over and could see Maggie's face had turn pale white as all her color just left her. She looked worried and concerned.

Drew pulled her hand out from under Maggie's sweater and dropped his hand to her legs.

"Maggie," Drew began, "Once I was tempted, really tempted. We hired a new girl, and was she ever a cutie. She was a few years older than Avery with legs that went all the way up. She knew she was good looking and would flirt with all the men including me. I thought about it, I really did, but in the end I remembered my vow to you and God to forsake all others."