Drow's Dilemma Ep. 112: Concubines

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Ashyr mentioned 'merits', Zesinil immediately perked up. "What sort of merits?" she asked with restrained excitement. "Magical? Learning? Artistic? Combat? Piety? Personableness? The ability to rapidly adapt to new circumstances and take risks even knowing it is more likely to benefit others than it is to benefit yourself?"

"Uhh... yes, all of those would be aspects that we are looking for." Ashyr considered a moment, wondering what Zesinil was getting at. She seemed to have something specific in mind. "You... are wondering if you already qualify since you are the one who gave us the idea for this project," Ashyr guessed. "You do have a very real shot at becoming a Duskhaven, Zesinil, if you continue to behave. But we're not adopting anyone for a while. Aside from Althaia, tomorrow."

Zesinil seemed quite happy with this. "Perhaps you should split House Duskhaven into the Main House, and then into a number of Branch-Houses that are called Duskhaven-whatever," she said smoothly. "That way you can keep the original members as True Duskhavens, and those like us as Branch Duskhavens. And then you can draw most of your new government from the Branch Houses as we acquire new territory in this land. Just... just a suggestion." A very drowish light of ambition burned in the young woman's crimson eyes. "And then you can recruit any young noblewomen who would make good administrators and rulers and allow them to have a few children off of the Consort to keep them loyal, though regular access to him otherwise would have to be his choice rather than theirs."

"I think that much of that has already occurred to us," Ashyr said with some amusement. "Though we do not have any official plans set, as we are busy with the ceremony. It would be helpful, however, if the women here can organize themselves based on strengths and knowledge so that they'll be easy to sort out later. But! We will not tolerate any backstabbing or underhandedness! All that is not good for Houses, as far as I've seen. Yeah, it works for a little bit, but then people become bitter and vindictive and, before you know it, a whole city cavern has collapsed."

It was clear that Zesinil was struggling to keep a smirk of triumph off of her face. "Organize ourselves, yes. I- we will do that. Shall I gather the women here to hear your orders, or do you wish for me to relay them? And there are a few, and likely to be more of, petty drow, half-drow and humans assembling here as well. How should we incorporate the apparent lessers?"

"I think... I think I will get some official written orders so that we do not have to repeat ourselves every time we find a new woman," Ashyr said carefully. She wasn't very good at the Drow thing, but she could tell when she needed to be careful about giving someone she barely knew too much power. This seemed like a job for her committee.

This drew a grin out of Zesinil. "Written instructions are best," she agreed.

"Well, I am glad to see that things seem to be going smoothly," Ashyr continued. "I hope I've been able to bring the stress levels around here down a bit." Her expression turned from businesslike to half-way naughty. She gave the naked drow in front of her appreciative looks. "Next time, maybe my visit can be a bit less business and a bit more pleasure?"

"Absolutely!" Faedia said with a lick of her lips. "My older sister will be jealous! She still reminisces about her time with you."

By the time the conversation had ended, most of the inhabitants of that cave had approached to listen. They did seem to be happier after they heard what Ashyr had to say. Some even seemed to look forward to their Matron's next visit. These 'concubines' seemed like they were going to be an asset to Duskhaven despite the rocky beginning of their relationship with the House. Ashyr left feeling good about what she had done, and she hoped that Selene wouldn't have to do any scolding when she heard about everything Ashyr had said.

The ranger chuckled to herself. Selene? Not scold her? Yeah, right.