Drow's Dilemma Ep. 122: Again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashyr stood far back from the trapped area and waited for the rest of the party to free themselves. It was a stressful several moments, but she was comfortable in the fact that they were unharmed; Bard and a couple of psionics were still there and would have informed her if they were suffering.

Nirza was more willing to help than her old friend, and quickly coordinated Hadlyn and Selene to blow the trap right up. Another annoyed scream erupted, and a shadow that looked like a child erupting with tentacles flitted away.

Selene let out an explosive sigh of relief. Several months ago, she would have been in an all-out panic about the situation. These days, being trapped like that only made her more uncomfortable and testy than necessary. It took a couple of long breaths with her hand pressed against her pounding heart before she felt equal to carrying on toward the Clockmaster.

Having come out of another dangerous situation unharmed, Hadlyn looked rather invigorated. She saw it as a good sign that her current party could overcome whatever the Shifting Halls threw at them without permanent damage. The High Priestess was in danger of being outright optimistic about the road ahead.

The ranger grinned at the freed party, though there was an undercurrent of worry in her expression. "Let's hurry on." She said. "It's only a matter of time before we're noticed and She decides to take action."

"The more we purify before that happens, the better." Selene agreed.

Nirza hesitated for a moment. "I am afraid that escaping the Neverborn's notice for a time is impossible. That was Her shadow that darted away from us just now. She is directly interfering with us right now, but She seems to be unusually scared and skittish. I do not know how long that attitude will last, though."

"Well, we will just have to hurry, then." Althaia nodded, then increased her stride.