Duplicity Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The small elderly woman's skin was light brown and wrinkled all over. She wore a full white skirt and blouse and a red shawl around her shoulders. Her crisp white hair was straightened for the special occasion. Bright red lipstick was smeared over her false teeth, and her sparse eyelashes were covered in clumpy mascara.

She suffered from dementia and it'd gotten worse when her daughter, Nicole's grandmother passed away a couple years ago. She seemed like a nice elderly woman, quietly entertaining herself with what was at her disposal.

On the other side of the room, the younger people lingered, getting to know each other. Nicole's cousins, Luis and Roberto were chatting with Jason's friends and groomsmen, Billy and Carlos.

Ana, Nicole's cousin, excitedly chatted with them. She seemed to like to talk and apparently didn't need to take breaths of air in between her ramblings. Ana was the bridesmaid coupled with Billy. And she seemed to be almost drooling at Carlos and Billy. Poor thing, it didn't seem like the guys were paying her any mind.

Ana was cute, in an overly eager girl next door kind of way. She had shoulder length brown hair, creamy toffee colored skin and expressive brown eyes. She had a nice figure but didn't carry herself like she did.

The problem was that standing next to her was Isabella, the other cousin. Although Layla didn't think she was actually blood-related. Layla heard Nicole and Sienna once mention their families had a habit of picking up 'strays' or people that were in need of a family. Their doors were always open to those in need. Gigi and Sharon quickly "adopted" them as their own. It wouldn't be unusual for them to start calling Gigi and Sharon ma or mami, and Jose, pop or papi. Apparently that's what had happened with Isabella. Layla didn't know her background story but she seemed a bit intense.

Isabella had long platinum blonde dyed hair and piercing green eyes. Her skin had that perfect tanned glow as if she went sunbathing every day. She looked to be mixed race. She was gorgeous, almost breathtakingly so. She stood tall as a model and seemed at ease wearing her extremely high heels.

The men, mainly Carlos and Billy seemed drawn to her like a moth to a flame. It was understandable. Ana didn't seem to mind and continued talking to herself as if it was the most natural thing in the world. The men didn't seem to mind cutting Ana off to ask Isabella the simplest of questions. Which in turn, Isabella would give one word answers. That seemed to peak the interest of the hot red-blooded males even more. Mysterious and sexy.

They had unconsciously moved her to the middle of their little circle. Nevertheless she looked kind of bored to be there. She would force a smile but would impassively check her phone for messages. She didn't seem rude or conceited; just used to getting that kind of unwanted attention.

Layla saw Sienna approach the 'cool kid's corner'. They all beamed at her as she took her time hugging and kissing each one. Even Isabella seemed genuinely excited to see Sienna. When Sienna started walking away Isabella gave the group an excuse and quickly joined her. Carlos and Billy looked like lost little puppies as they watched her leave. At the sight of it, Layla shook her head and smirked. Men.

Suddenly Celeste closed in on Layla's view.

She gasped and almost shrieked in surprise. She scared the living shit out of her! Where the hell did she come from? She was as quiet as a mouse. Celeste smiled warmly at her as if she knew her.

"!Te encontre! (I found you!)" She exclaimed with a triumphant huff.

"Oh hello."

From close up Layla could see she had some food stuck in her dentures along with some of that smeared red lipstick. She seemed like a sweet old lady. Then Celeste slowly stuck her pruney thumb in her mouth while intently looking at her. Interesting. She's probably going to take care of that food she had stuck. Layla tried not to laugh. But why was she standing so close?

Suddenly, Celeste swiped her wet thumb over Layla's eyebrows, smoothing them into place. Layla sputtered and shook her face away in shock.

But before Layla could even yell in surprise, Celeste was gone. Layla's eyes widened and sat there in complete shock.

"Gross!" She wiped her eyebrows. After a couple minutes she let out a chuckle and shook her head at the bizarre encounter.

"You gotta be careful with that one."

Layla laughed and turned to see Merle. "I didn't even see her coming! She's a sneaky little thing, isn't she?"

"You have no idea." He mumbled to himself but grinned at her.

They had woken up on the roof together to find the house in a flurry of activity. It was the most restful sleep they had in awhile. They parted ways with the promise of seeing each other in a couple of hours. All day Layla had little butterflies fluttering in her stomach while Merle walked with an extra pep in his step. Now that Layla saw him again, those damn butterflies were back and flapping away inside of her.

Layla stood up to greet him. She wore a jade green strapless dress with a gold cuff bracelet and earrings to compliment. The dress hugged her figure in all the right places. The color was a gorgeous contrast with her brown skin. Her graceful long neck stood high and her bare shoulders looked completely kissable. Her makeup was subtle and her cheeks had a pretty natural glow. In her sexy heels she was about an inch or two below his eye level.

Merle protectively placed his hand on the small of her back and brought her closer to him... as if he wanted her all to himself. He gave her a kiss on the fleshy part behind her ear. In response Layla sucked in a breath of air as she felt her nipples harden and her pussy moisten. He must know that was her spot.

"You look beautiful." He whispered on her neck. His warm breath caused a current to run through her. She felt him smile as he felt her body softly tremble. He definitely knew that was her spot.

She looked up into his eyes as her brown eyes sparkled at his words.

"Thank you."

As if he couldn't resist, he pulled her towards him and gave her a soft lingering kiss on her parted mouth. That caught her by surprise. He seemed to always be so reserved around other people.

She didn't know what they were. And she was ok with not putting a label on it just yet. She did however know what she felt for him. Anyone could tell when they looked at her. As she gazed up into his eyes... she guessed they could tell from looking at him too.

She would have to tell Sienna quickly so she wouldn't be caught off guard. She knew it was unprofessional to date the groom's cousin while she was working but she could honestly tell Sienna she hadn't planned on any of it. It just happened.

Hopefully Jason and Sienna would understand and give them their blessing.

Merle stretched out his hand and Layla's hand easily found its way into his.

__

In another corner of the room...

"Mami, papi, this is John." Nicole said dryly. She inwardly groaned and really didn't want to introduce them. He happened to be standing right next to her and they kept looking at him as if waiting for an introduction.

Jose and Gigi waited for John's proper response. Their culture was old school and demanded a deep respect for elders.

The blonde blue eyed young man wore a shit-eating grin that looked like he knew a secret he wasn't willing to share.

Cocky son-of-a-bitch, Nicole thought. He was probably thinking of what they did just a couple hours ago. His expression was almost comical. Jose made a quick assessment of him as he waited for him to speak. He felt his paternal instincts kick in.

"Hi mami and papi. Nice to meet you." John cheekily said and he put his arm around Nicole.

Instantly Nicole's eyes widened and her mouth slightly opened in shock.

He did not just do that. She discreetly shoved his arm off and clenched her teeth at him. That was a no-no. He had to warm up to that shit. In time maybe as a term of endearment one could call them that... if and only if they liked you. John was a mess; he even looked a little drunk. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Nicole rolled her eyes. Whatever... she didn't care.

Gigi suppressed a chuckle and looked almost impressed by his audacity. Jose on the other hand wore a deep scowl. John really had to have some balls on him to not be intimidated by someone like Jose. Nicole's father didn't say anything but bored holes into him with his eyes.

John swallowed loudly and kept scratching his neck which happened to be getting redder by the second.

Nicole tried not to laugh. Not so cocky now, huh? Did he not know she was an only child and definitely a daddy's girl? Idiot.

John looked at the large strong man who looked he wanted to strangle him with his bare hands. Well he fucked this up pretty nicely, didn't he? What the hell had he just said? That last round of drinks must have hit him a little harder than he thought. But he'd been so fucking nervous in meeting her parents that he had drunk a bit too much. He probably looked a little tipsy as his mouth hung open for a little longer than normal.

"¿Que fue lo que este dijo?" (What was it that this one said?) Jose's voice was dangerously low.

Nicole, who had been momentarily petrified, tried to play it off and said, "No papi, este es el amiguito de Jason que tiene problemas mentales. (No dad, this is Jason's little friend with special needs.)

"Pobresito." (Poor little guy). She patted John's head like a puppy while John scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Ah." The parents said in unison.

Gigi giggled and winked at John while Jose narrowed his eyes at him. He didn't believe that shit for a second but he'd let it go... for now. He scoffed at him and slowly walked away.

A shiver coursed through John and he thought he might've just pissed himself a little. That was one scary motherfucker. What had he gotten himself into?

John looked towards Nicole who had also walked away with Gigi. A soft smile escaped him without realizing it. His eyes followed her moving form throughout the room. The delicious sway of her ass beckoned him to come hither. He licked his lips. He almost groaned out loud as there was still a faint taste of her... on his lips. He closed his eyes savoring it for a moment.

That was why. He was completely fucked. He sighed heavily and walked towards the bar. He needed another drink.

12