Dwelling in Desire Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
joodle
joodle
546 Followers

"Ah," I nodded. "Well I guess my only request would be no Prince."

"Can't do Prince anyway man," the guy laughed. "Just a bit beyond my range."

"Can I get you anything sir?" called one of the bartenders.

"Water?" I requested. I still hadn't gotten used to the awkwardness of asking for anything other than an alcoholic beverage. They always looked at me funny, and I couldn't blame them. Not this guy though.

"Coming right up," he responded professionally. No judgment, no hesitation.

"Say," I called back to the wedding singer dude, "Did they request anything for the first dance?"

"Nah," he shrugged. "We usually do some Sinatra or Gershwin if they don't request anything. You got any ideas?"

"Yep," I grinned. "It will be perfect."

---

"Good evening folks! Hope you've been havin' a good time tonight. It's time for the bride and groom to have their first dance! Joe and Kate, come on down!"

I struggled to keep from laughing as Joe turned red. He was not the 'get out there and dance' type. But this was one occasion he could not get out of.

Kate dragged him out on the dance floor, thankfully with little fuss. She deserved her special day, and Joe knew it.

"This song has been specially dedicated folks, enjoy," Freddie added, just before the guitar kicked in.

Joe pulled Kate to him, and began a slow dance.

"Wise men say...only fools rush in...but I can't help...falling in love with you..."

My suggestion for the Elvis classic was partly joking, but it was undeniably appropriate. This was one of those classic love songs that paints a fairytale picture of how we want life to be, instead of how it actually is. But the look on Joe's face, on Kate's, said that every word was spot on.

Joe looked so different now. So...peaceful.

I saw his hand on her lower back, his fingers cradling her and grasping her simultaneously. It was loving. Possessive. Protective. It was what I wanted with Bethany. And I wasn't allowed to look at her, let alone hold her.

"Like a river flows...surely to the sea...Darling so it goes...some things are meant to be..."

I had to hand it to Freddie. He'd knocked the spur of the moment arrangement clear out of the park. And the small but festive crowd strongly agreed. The applause was thick as Joe and Kate finished their dance.

"Now, for all of those special people out there who swore they wouldn't dance, this one's for you!"

"I won't dance...don't ask me...I won't dance...don't ask me..."

"You're up fucker," Joe whispered behind me, just before Kate pulled me out of my chair and onto the dance floor with her.

"Ahh Jesus," I groaned as she dragged me to the center of the crowded dance floor.

Once we were situated and moving at a leisurely pace with the song, I smiled down at her.

"So how are you babydoll? Enjoying yourself?"

"Immensely," she grinned. "Tell me, did you have anything to do with that 'dedicated' song for Joe and me?"

"Maybe," I replied smugly. "It seemed to fit the bill quite nicely."

"Curt, you are a romantic. It's a wonder you're not taken. Handsome, well off, thoughtful, funny..."

"Stop it Kate, you're making me blush!" I chuckled. "Besides, it's bad luck to flirt with the best man after the wedding."

"Is it?" Kate mused. "I hadn't heard that one. Does that rule also apply to her maid of honor?"

"Sadly yes," I played along. "I'm quite the prude actually. So don't go trying anything."

"Don't worry Curt. I won't try anything," she grinned.

"May I cut in?" Joe purred behind us.

"Please! Take your wife off my hands Joe. She was getting a bit too touchy feely for my delicate sensibilities anyway."

"Perfect," he smirked. "Then you won't mind taking Beth here off mine."

Before I could object, he all but shoved Bethany into my embrace, and immediately spun Kate away.

"Let's fall in love...why shouldn't we fall in love..."

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

Joe had definitely set this one up.

"Hi," Beth graced me with a word as we fell into a lazy two-step.

"Am I allowed to look at you while we dance with each other?"

"Yes," she replied, irritated by my spiteful comment. "Just act normal."

"Normal," I smirked. "Normally I don't dance. Especially not at weddings."

"I've danced at more weddings than I care to count," Bethany sighed. "Always a bridesmaid never a bride if you know what I mean."

"Well they haven't tossed the bouquet yet," I offered.

"I've asked Kate to skip that part, since I'm the only bridesmaid, and there are so few unmarried female guests. I want to skip that humiliating tradition just for once."

"Aaww, you can't skip the bouquet toss!" I teased. "The bride and groom had a first dance, which means that we are doing things by the book, and the bride has to toss the bouquet. Right?"

"Well technically, we've broken with tradition since you danced with Kate right after the first dance."

"Not to mention the whole knocked up thing," I chuckled.

"Exactly," she smirked, but afforded me a slap on the chest for my joke at the bride's expense.

"Hey I've been meaning to ask you something," I whispered, pulling her closer to me.

"What's that?" she asked, trying to pull away, but I held firm at her waist.

"Am I the only one who calls you Bethany?"

We danced in silence for a moment before she answered me.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you just tell me to call you Beth, like everyone else?"

"I don't know. I guess because I like it."

"You like it?"

"Yeah," she blushed. "I like it when you call me Bethany."

"Why do you like it?" I pulled her close again, noticing that she'd managed to gain some distance.

"Curt please," she begged, pushing at my chest. "You promised."

"Tell me," I growled.

"I don't know damn it!" she whined, pushing at me again. When I wouldn't relent, she continued.

"I guess...I just like the way it sounds coming out of your mouth."

"Interesting," I mused before granting her a little distance.

"Ahem, may I cut in?"

A look of relief passed over Bethany's face as we were interrupted.

"Hey Mrs. M!" I greeted Joe's mom with all the charm I could muster as Bethany slipped away faster than cash on a drunken night in Vegas.

"Curtis," she smirked as I took her waist, careful not to hold her too tight as we fell into a light rhythm.

"So Curtis, did that impressive erection appear before, during, or after your dance with the bride?"

"Gina," I warned.

"What happened to Mrs. M?"

"You can rest assured that I have no romantic interest in Kate," I declared sharply.

"Oh heavens Curt, I was teasing you! It's only too obvious how smitten you are with Beth. She's a sweet girl isn't she?"

"What do you mean obvious?"

"Sweetie, I've been around long enough to know a smitten man when I see one. You're crazy for her! Have you told her?"

"She has an idea," I growled. "We've agreed to keep things on a professional footing."

"Ha! Professional my ass," she laughed. "You were practically pawing at her Curt!"

"Shit," I muttered. I prayed that no one else had noticed. I'd barely been aware of it myself.

"Don't worry dear, I've an eye for these things. I doubt anyone else took notice. So, what do you think of my new daughter in law?"

"She's a dream Gina. A dream. Joe is head over heels," I smiled, thankful for the change in topic. "And she makes terrific pie!"

"Well I always wanted the best for my boy," she laughed, her eyes full of joy.

"You got it. Now for the love of Christ, can I go sit down now? Please?"

"Ugh, fine, leave an old woman alone on the dance floor," she pouted.

"What old woman?" Dean cut in before winking at me, and twirling her away, much to my relief.

The night was still young, and I was ready to hole myself away in my room and drink myself stupid. Or sleep. Or both.

---

Four hours later...

"So old man, when are you gonna settle down already?" Joe mused.

I frowned into the fire after risking a quick glance over at Bethany. She was fast asleep with Kate in a chaise lounge on the other side of the fire pit.

Swallowing, I grudgingly replied, "I don't know Joe. I'd tell you to fuck off, but I'm past that. Maybe it's the wedding fever, maybe it's that I'm getting older. But I'm done pretending that I'm not in love with her."

"Then tell her," Joe said seriously.

"She won't go there Joe," I explained. "She wants to stay focused on the project. Her career."

"Persuade her," Joe urged.

"No," I shook my head. "I won't push her. I won't be the one to take away her dreams."

"You do love her," Joe smiled.

"Yeah," I shook my head in disbelief.

The fire crackled, and I admired the two young sleeping beauties, neither of whom could hold their liquor apparently.

"Well I'm beat," Joe sighed. "Shall I take Beth to her room, or can you handle it?"

Joe knew very well what my response would be. No way in hell would any other man take care of Bethany tonight. Not even Joe.

"Good," he grinned when he observed the look on my face. "Shall we?"

We both groaned like old men as we rose from the lounge chairs to see to our women.

---

I felt dizzy, swaying back and forth, back and forth, bounce, bounce, bounce.

I recognized the dark burgundy carpet, the outdated striped wallpaper, and the musky spicy fragrance of a man.

A man had me over his shoulder, and was apparently carrying me down the hallway. Was I drunk? Had I passed out? Who the heck was carrying me?

"Helloooo, who are you please?" I asked.

"You're awake. Good," came a deep husky voice.

Curt.

"You can put me down now silly!" I giggled.

"I think I'd rather get you safely into your room first Bethany. Can't be too careful."

"Uhhuhhh," I teased. "I'm sure you have only the purest intentions! Please, I can walk, just put me down."

"No," he answered gruffly.

"Uffff, boys," I muttered.

"Here we are," he announced, thumbing through my purse, I presumed to find my key card.

Once we were through the door, he promptly carried me over to the bed and dropped me down onto it.

"Whoooaa," I moaned as the room went all spinny.

"Here," Curt reappeared with a bottle of water, or what looked like a bottle of water.

"Drink," he ordered.

"Why?" I giggled.

"You need to stay hydrated, help flush out the booze."

"You are implying that I'm drunk," I frowned as I took a sip of water.

"Well you are. Glad to see you're coherent enough to get my meaning though. Get some rest Bethany."

As he rose from the mattress, it bounced and I had to collect myself again. Maybe I really was drunk.

"Where are you going?" I pouted.

He would just leave me all alone?

"I'm gonna go to bed. We have a flight tomorrow, don't forget."

"Why don't you stay?" I asked sweetly.

"Stay?"

"Yeah," I scooted to the edge of the bed and dangled my legs all seductively. "Stay."

"Why would I do that?" he smirked, stepping closer.

The lights from the foyer were shining behind him, silhouetting his features. It was striking, and reminded me of something, but I couldn't remember what.

"You could make love to me," I suggested. "Isn't that what you want?"

"Beth..."

"What happened to Bethany?" I purred, rising from the bed on unsteady feet.

Where were my shoes? Had he taken off my shoes? I was glad to be rid of them anyway. My feet had hurt for hours in those damned things.

I sauntered up to Curt, as gracefully as I could manage, and buried my nose in his shirt, trailing my hands along his torso in appreciation.

"Mmmm, you smell so nice Curt! What is that smell?"

"Enough Beth. You need some time to recover."

"Oh come on Curt, don't you want me? I'm dressed all pretty for you!"

"You're stunning love, but you need rest. And water."

"And you," I finished.

Curt sighed and firmly grasping my arms, walked me backwards to the bed. He pulled back the covers and gently eased me under the sheets.

Curt was tucking me in! Oh God how I wanted him to undress and tuck himself in with me.

"I thought you wanted me," I sniffed, pouting as sexy-like as I could manage.

Curt paused with a frown.

"I do want you."

"Then why won't you just take me?" I whined.

I hated sounding like a bratty little girl, but seriously, why didn't he just take me? I was offering myself. I wanted him.

Curt shook his head and turned away. "Goodnight Bethany."

As he stalked towards the door to leave, I pulled the only bargaining chip I could think of.

"Would it make any difference if I told you I was a virgin?"

The moment it escaped my lips I knew it was a mistake. What had I been thinking?

Curt froze in his tracks. I saw his shoulders rise and fall with a deep breath. That jacket was so fucking sexy on him.

"No Bethany, it wouldn't."

"Why not?" I taunted. "I thought men liked virgins. Being the first to lay claim and all that."

He turned and approached the bed so quickly I didn't know what was happening. I barely had time to squirm before Curt was straddling me, caging me in place with his arms.

Oh my God...

"It makes no difference Bethany," Curt growled. "Virgin or no, it makes no difference. Because when I take you, it will be on my terms. In my bed. In my own time."

His golden eyes glowed, bright with fiery lust, and I throbbed between my legs as I felt his body heat penetrate the covers.

I swallowed as he leant in closer, and I thought for sure he was going to kiss me. I shivered when he instead touched my cheek, running his fingers through a few stray tendrils before trailing his index finger over my mouth.

Curt traced along my lips, applying just the barest hint of pressure as he gazed into my eyes expectantly. What was he doing?

Going on instinct, I ever so slightly opened my lips for him. His fingertip penetrated, dipping softly and subtly past, venturing along my teeth before I granted him access beyond.

I stared in wonder as his jaw dropped slightly, as though he were taken aback by my compliance. He looked mesmerized and aroused. Aflame with desire just as surely as I was.

Gently, he eased his index finger deeper into my mouth, exploring for a moment before I caressed the warm digit with my tongue, and sucked. It was unintentional...pure instinct.

The look on his face was one I would never forget. It was one of a man on the brink of losing control. His nostrils flared and his eyes looked wild.

Withdrawing and sitting back on his haunches, Curt gripped his thighs and shook his head. He seemed in a state of conflict.

Releasing a deep breath, he nodded in quiet approval.

"Goodnight Bethany. Sleep well."

I lay there in stunned silence as he climbed off the bed and saw himself to the door.

Dear God, what had just happened?

I replayed his words in my hazy brain.

"When I take you, it will be on my terms, in my bed, in my own time..."

When. When. Not if. When.

And then his finger. My employer's finger had been in my mouth. And I hadn't objected. At all.

What did it mean?

It meant I should never. Ever. Drink. Again.

---

To be continued...

joodle
joodle
546 Followers
12