Each & Every Corner Ch. 05: Devoted

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Limentina
Limentina
371 Followers

The process of setting up a household together had smoothed most of the final rough edges from their relationship. Establishing all three of them firmly as partners on an even footing with each other. Until then there had always been a slightly out of kilter feel to their dynamic. Lizzie had not only been the newcomer, but had also of course not been part of the marriage. In spite of all of their attempts she had felt the distinction occasionally. They'd talked about it, agreed that it shouldn't make a difference, and words and honesty can only help, but in spite of this they can't always change the world as much as they need to.

The other two had even made her the gift of a ring, a tiny gesture but a material symbol of the permanence of their commitment to her. It was forged from gold dug out of the same Cornish mine their own pair had come from. But in the end in spite of all their best efforts it had taken these last more practical steps, her sharing in the creation of their new home, and carrying of one of the children, to truly perfect what they had all been so carefully building.

Later in the winter, when Lizzie and baby Tobias came home from the hospital at last, the process would be complete and they would be a family of five.

But for now the two of them said their farewells to the flat for the final time and returned to the car. It was laden down with this their last load of possessions and the extra weight made it's handling muddy and unfamiliar.

So Ray drove especially carefully for the short distance to their destination, acutely aware at every turn in the road of the priceless cargo which she carried with her. Elizabeth unlocked the door with her key and the two of them stepped into the hallway. And Sarah hearing their voices, and not wanting to be apart from them for even another moment, came hurrying as fast as she could to greet them.

***** Fin *****

Limentina
Limentina
371 Followers