Ebb Tide Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now Hathaway, let's discuss your 'Rain Day' funds and what information you've been holding back from Baphomet. Talk away. This poison is an excellent muscle relaxant that focuses on the extremities, leaving your core and head relatively functional. How painful your final moments on this Earth are is totally dependent on how truthful you are.

"You have no idea what secrets I've already ferretted out, I am well versed in a variety of torture techniques and I have all night to work on you," Rogers laid out the situation. Half an hour later, Rogers left the Costa Real Suites. The drive to the private airstrip was an hour long, so he was able to give Portia a great many details on her next assignment.

Principal Characters

Vance (Vardan) 'V' Vardanyan - A stocky, six foot tall, 240 lbs., 33 year old former Navy Medic who grew up in Las Vegas before serving for 12 years with the Seals and then 3 more in the field with the CIA

Dabney Curtiss - Attractive 26 year old Las Vegas prostitute who idolized Vance 15 years ago when he befriended her like an older brother while dating her much older sister in HS.

Georgianna 'G' Norquist - Attractive 40 year old blonde, former trophy wife of Lloyd Pharris, currently being harassed by him for divorcing him..

Lloyd Pharris - Powerful corrupt lawyer, former husband of Giorgianna, currently a member of The Lords of Vice (as Baphomet Vice Lord of Envy who runs criminal corruption in Las Vegas); he employed Vance as a pool boy during Vance's last 2 years of HS.

Detective Lieutenant Trixie Crowe 'TC' Buchannan (LVMPD Internal Affairs Bureau [IAB] - A compulsively hardworking, honest police woman perceived as a classic over-achieving misanthrope, who is blocked by her managers from investigating serious corruption in the police force.

Detective Sgt. Soledad Moreno (LVMPD Robbery/Homicide - Homicide) - Hispanic female, detective who is only close friend of TC Buchan.

Reagan Cho, daughter and intended successor for Circe , Vice Lady of Lust - Tall, fit, dark tanned skin Asian-American. Long black hair and black-rimmed glasses. Very serious and intense most of the time; taut in mind and body, but has a witty sense of humor about her when in good company. If she has a flaw, it is her willingness to let less gifted people know she is smarter than they are.

The Vice Lords are:

Circe - The Lady of Lust who controlled all forms of the sex trade including phone-sex operations, brothels, escort service, gentlemen's clubs and street prostitution.

Sycorax - The Gluttonous Lady who controlled trade in the exotic from importing endangered animals, non-human blood sports rings, human trafficking and slavery. If a sex group involved enslaved people, it was her purview, not Circe's.

Archimago - The Lord of Greed who controlled all gambling-related matters. He watched the casinos and dealt with any criminals muscling in. All illegal betting, such as the extensive underground human blood-sports matches, was also his domain.

Jareth - The Lord of Sloth controlled the homeless, panhandling and non-violent street crime. Jareth may have seemed weak compared to the others, except all the runaways, homeless and street criminals gave him eyes and ears all over the city.

Thulsa Doom - The Lord of Rage controlled all major arms deals and professional murders in the Vice Lords' domain. Gang violence was okay. If it crossed the line into hurting the tourist industry, he would make an example of the perpetrators with extreme prejudice.

Baphomet - The Lord of Envy handled the political/governmental side of things as the corruptor. Anyone could control an entry level civil servant, including beat cops. Once a person became a manager-equivalent in any municipal, or state governmental office, they fell into Baphomet's exclusive domain. (In the LVMPD that meant lieutenants on up.) If another Vice Lord, wanted something done about legal issues, they paid Baphomet to make the problem go away.

Xaltotun - The Lord of Pride who kept everyone working together and took tribute from the other six. Currently unoccupied position. He adjudicated disputes, handled the over-all banking and money-laundering operations, and coordinated efforts against foreign interlopers if they became too much for one of the others to combat.

1...345678