Elunara: Mission Specialist Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Banished?" He blinked. "What in the WORLD could upset Tyrande so much that she'd banish someone?"

"I'm not going to tell you." She shook her head. "But the truth of the matter is, that the main reason I was banished, was because I wasn't sorry for what I did. I still feel that I did nothing wrong. I didn't understand the emotions that would require me to feel like I should be blamed."

"That's... unfortunate."

"Never mention my name to her. EVER. Not unless you want an international incident that results in a war." Elunara snorted.

"I'm a little freaked out now."

She shrugged. "Just don't." Running her hand over his chest, she smiled. "Besides, I have pledged myself for the good of the Alliance, no matter what that means. I am no threat to that. Which is why I warn you against mentioning me or... whatever this is."

"What IS this?" He whispered.

She shrugged. "As long as you don't come at me with professions of love and marriage." Cocking her head to side she frowned at him. "Why DON'T you get a wife?"

"Because I'm still in love with mine." He said quietly.

"Understandable." She popped her book back open.

"Why don't you?"

"First being, I'm incapable of love. Second being, if I COULD find the emotion of love, what man would be mine, and still let me have all the dicks I'm willing to take at any given moment?" She shrugged. "I also think that your problem is holding to an ideal. I think the reason you didn't flat out tell me no, when that's the one word that would have stopped me, is because the idea intrigued you. You didn't know the KIND of person I was, but sex without bounds? Without a commitment, without a clinger... that was a fascinating thing to consider. You gave in, because my standard lined up with yours. No one else will be able to do that, so long as you're stuck in that mindset."

"You certainly know how to cut through the bullshit to the heart of the matter." He chuckled. "But I think you're wrong."

"About?"

"I think you're capable of love, just not on any level us mere mortals can find. You do something out of compassion; you maintain something out of devotion. Those are elements of love. In fact, friendship is love itself."

"Friendship?" She furrowed her brow. "I don't have them."

"I think you do. At the very least... I think we could consider this a form of friendship."

"I'll accept that if it pleases you." She shrugged. "Though, I hope it involves us occasionally fucking each other's brains out. I rather enjoy that part." She grinned.

Laughing, he twirled her hair. "That's acceptable."

"You don't have to directly ask either. Just stuff your hand down my pants and I'll figure it out." She winked at him.

He slid his fingers between her legs. When she shifted her leg up, he buried his fingers in her. "Like this?"

"Exactly." She groaned.

A few days later, she made her way into the Keep. "Howdy."

He grinned at her and leaned his hip against the table. "Hello."

"Well, they busted the assassins. Mathias says you can have your life back, and I've been reassigned."

With a sigh, he frowned at her. "Why am I disappointed?"

Reaching up, she flicked her fingers under his chin. "Later, lover."

12