Emap Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"Anybody picking me up?" I ask into my radio, not really expecting an answer.

"Loud and clear Jaguar, did you find them?" One of the FBI agents, I don't even remember his name.

"No, but I have scents, say did he kidnap his daughter two months ago?"

"No it was a little over a month now. Why do you ask?"

"Militia mailing talking about the end of the world dated two months ago. If he gets the mailings he must keep picking them up, I'm headed for the mailbox to get the fresh scent and follow it, this mailing is postmarked two days two months ago."

I put the handheld back on my belt and turn the volume down then go out, no mailbox. None of the houses in the area have a mailbox even, looking around I notice a sign for a post office they must pick up their mail there. When I get closer I notice a row of boxes on the back wall, heavy duty boxes with a camera recessed into the roof. I scare the poop out of a man getting his mail when I walk over, literally judging by the smell. I sniff around then find the male scent from the house leading straight away from the post office mixed with the scent of a dirt bike.

"Well good news bad news time, I got a scent leading straight away from the post office it is fresh. Bad news, he looks to have holed up in the mountains leave the helicopter out of this he's gotta be nervous." I say into my handheld then put it back on my belt.

I break my leg twice on the run out to the mountain, there's only one on the trail left by the bike and scent. Cursing prairie dogs and whatever else lives in the ground I follow the scent around the base of the mountain a little ways before it moves up a path to an old mine. I stop outside to turn on the tracker device they gave me and leave it in the dirt, then report a mine and I'm going in.

My night vision comes in very handy for this, its night time and still hotter than I want and there are no lights in the mine. Comes in even handier when I notice there is a tripwire ahead, connected to a newer looking claymore explosive. Being glad Tony likes his war movies I step over the wire and continue on my way. This is a strange mine, there are not very many supports up and it is going up not down.

At the turn I get an oh no moment, I didn't see the trip wire here. The claymore is hidden around the bend which is what I had noticed first on the earlier trap. Luckily there is a click, means this is an older type, very thankful Tony likes war movies I reach down and grab the wire then go around the bend. I pull out the two detonators then unscrew the primer, not really sure what to do with it I break it then toss the two pieces. Farther up I see the night sky, with a soft groan I head up to find a trail going farther up the hill.

I pause to report the mine is a speedy trapped way up the mountain then call for the helicopter at the top. Glad to have that option, I really don't want to break my legs again in those animal holes I continue up. At the top I find the man and his daughter holed up in of all things, a hole in the ground. There is an alarm of sorts at the entrance I trigger simply because it's hot and I'm tired of this. The girl shrieks when she wakes up seeing me, I hammer the annoying and very loud alarm so it shuts up, the man is staring at me with a pistol in his hand, looks to be a Colt.

"Go ahead and shoot me, not like the weather can get any worse. Say do you happen to have some water the heat dries me up something fierce." I look around noticing a chemical toilet closed thankfully.

"Jaguar you are a Mayan is this a sign that the end is coming sooner that you are up here?" The man asks pointing to a row of bottled water.

"Well no, I am actually from Los Angeles, my predecessor was Mayan, or rather a small tribe outside of Mayan control. She never once made mention of the world ending because the Mayan calendar is ending this year." I say taking a long drink from the bottle with relief.

"Then why are you here?" The girl asks she looks to be no more than seven.

"In Arizona or up here? Up here because your mom I assume your mom anyway threw a fit because your dad kidnapped you and the FBI wanted to find you so they called me. I'm going to apologize for one of your mines, I didn't notice the wire and tripped it had to take out the blasting caps and the primer, primer is broken. Though I suppose you may be facing charges for setting them in the tunnel along with the kidnapping not that it looks to be a kidnapping to me."

"I don't think either works anyway, this alarm don't worry about it was only five bucks. That woman has a screw loose, she said I could take her for the summer, even swore they both would come up here before the end. Maybe it's because I'm not paying child support for the summer." He sighs putting the gun down I hear the helicopter coming still a good ways off.

"Oh great, all the way out here in the heat tracking you down and two broken legs for got permission to take her for the summer. Helicopter is coming, is your roof secured or should we secure it in the next couple of minutes?" I take a seat on of all things, the chemical toilet.

"It's secured, I put up a wood base covered in a tarp and then covered that in dirt, there is a pipe under my bed to drain extra water from the rains."

"I have to admit this is a very nice set up, smells something awful but you planned for everything except isn't the world supposed to flood? This might come up later but how do you two eat?" The man is beaming at me, the girl just looks hot I hand over the water bottle I opened.

"Yes it will flood, not up to here, Phoenix is on top of low mountains and we are even taller than that. Unless the land is flattened first the polar ice melting will only add about fifteen hundred feet of water, we are sitting at almost three thousand. As for food I have a stockpile of MRE's, they may not taste the best but it is food and we go to a truck stop sometimes for regular food."

The helicopter is louder now I go out to wave it down the man and girl following along. I can't help but sigh at the breeze it kicks off cooling me down, the girl is smiling in the wind herself. The pilot waves us over, he can't seem to find a stable spot to properly land so we climb into the mostly motionless hovering slightly helicopter. Safely in and belted wearing one of the crew helmets, my ears are not in a proper spot for the regular earmuff type head pieces I think to ask how he affords all that.

"I worked in IT until two years ago when I learned about the world ending. I have stock in Microsoft and a few of the essential utilities so I make a pretty good amount from that along with a modest pension for early retirement. I'm curious, how did you not see the reflective paint I put up to mark the claymores?"

"I can see in the dark, low light vision as it was explained to me, I don't radiate any light so reflective would be invisible without some light. You should get a contractor up there and build a house, in the ground or above. With that tunnel most of the supplies can be hauled up. Water supply may not be available but you could at least put your chemical toilet in a separate room."

"I wanted to, but it would have cost fifteen thousand and a few years of work, not to mention I'd have to lay claim to the mountain as a gold mining claim means I'd have to actually look for gold. The state doesn't care if we go camping up there, but to put a house we have to lay claim, isn't that the weirdest. We were up there just trying it out, it's hot right now but otherwise works great, be interesting to see how it does in the rain we are getting in a month or was it two I forget now."

"Daddy is going to get a swamp cooler set up there in case we have to stay into next summer. Won't have moving parts but most days there is at least a slight breeze." The girl says with a smile as we are landing.

We land at a hospital the FBI agents that had contacted me waiting for us with the mother. We go in to get the girl and her dad checked out by a doctor, I ask if there is anywhere I can get dunked or otherwise covered in water. A bemused nurse takes me back outside and hoses me, feeling much better I shake until I'm just damp and go back inside. Finding the three is rather easy, the mom is yelling at the dad, just not for the reason the FBI and I got involved in this for, she wants the child support.

"How much was spent for everything in the search for dad and his daughter?" I ask as I come into the room.

"All told a little over a hundred thousand, the helicopter was expensive and we had agents in all states checking data and looking for them." The taller agent says with a sigh.

"They both show signs of heat strain, understandable considering where they were all month. Otherwise they show perfectly fine, a little undernourished but well within the normal limits. It seems she likes the sweeter MRE's, which is perfectly normal for a child of her age." The doctor tells me, a slight man just a little shorter than I am.

"I have to wonder about you woman, you told him he could have her for the summer and you knew it would mean no child support. Instead of being careful with your money and not overspending you get the FBI to spend one hundred thousand to find her and enlist me. I broke my leg twice going out to the mountain you knew about, they both told me you had promised to go out there with your daughter when the end comes. If you ask me custody should be looked at again, her father may not be the most rational but at least he manages to provide for her. His feelings on the world ending or not may not be housed entirely in logic but he at least planned out everything. You are questionable I really think you should face a fine to cover the cost of the investigation, though I don't think you could manage to pay it, instead I think the courts should look at custody." I poke at the woman a few times while I speak to her, the agents smile and agree.

***

"So I gotta ask, what happened to the mom?" Darryl asks when I finish talking about the case.

"She lost custody as far as we know the father is still in his little house in that unincorporated. She goes to school in a nearby town, not sure what he thinks on the world not ending, we took a vacation of sorts in Los Angeles after that." Tony says finishing up a second sandwich.

"Not that I ever take a vacation, I wonder if I could get away with a sick day." Everyone laughs at this comment. "We just moved here from Arizona because they begged, they were having problems with the so called immigrants again, except it was nothing more than a new drug lord trying to muscle in. I suppose I'm going to end up going to Mexico at some point."

"If you do we will move to Los Angeles again and you can just run we don't need the aggravation of keeping Melanie let alone the rest of the brigade kids safe." Tony says looking at me oddly.

"Probably won't get asked, their economy seems to be as tied into drug money as South America." Darryl says making me look at him. "Oh all right we got to watch the news and a few of the guys in my wing were crooked bankers."

Tony's phone rings, I look at him then outside to notice it is getting dark. I sigh then get up as he is answering it, in the bedroom I find the radio is not plugged in, the battery only has a couple hours left on it. With a sigh I pull out the battery and get the spare off the charger, Tony swore he would plug it in before we left this morning. The expression on his face when I get back to the table has me turning the radio on to nothing most of the brigade is still eating dinner I guess.

"Switch to the police channel." Tony tells me.

I switch to that to hear a lot of yelling and machine gun fire, unable to get a response I switch back to my channel and ask for a report from central.

"Jaguar this is central, the current situation is beyond anything we are set up to handle. There are military Hummers on the streets with machine guns downtown they are shooting at anything moving."

"Hang on central I will be there in seconds." I say getting a grim look.

"Remember we want to question them." Tony mutters as I head for the back door.

Glad we oiled the glass door I go into the backyard close the door behind me getting a wave from Melanie and take off. The run at first is a little difficult there is a lot of traffic from people just getting off or going to work. It gets easier when I reach the street going to the overpass, there is a center lane to make turns with. Finding the Hummers is actually easier than getting to the downtown, the first one rolls past me.

The gunner spots me and turns to face me opening fire before he has gotten all the way to me. I watch the bullets hammering into parked cars and the street for a moment bemused before I move, I had stopped in something of surprise, the Hummers sound like a muscle car, there are still a good number of them in Detroit. The gunner never got to actually fire at me he was screaming Jaguar and firing like mad he got perhaps two hundred rounds off before I pluck him from the mount and toss him to the side. I hear him collide with the rear window of a parked car as I drop inside the accelerating Hummer.

Driver doesn't even look back he's intent on driving, at least until I move up next to him and shove him out the door. Moving into the driver seat I find it is a manual transmission. Trying to remember how to do this I check the pedals, middle is brake, the left one make the engine get a little louder and helps to slow down. I realize that is the clutch and pull the gears into neutral there is no key so I just leave it running in neutral. I get out to check on the two I tossed out the driver has a twisted arm and is rolling around on the street. I punch him unconscious then find the first he's out cold and not doing well I can smell a little death on him.

I go back to the intersection and report their location to central. I am about to ask on locations of the other Hummers when one opens fire on me. This gunner has better aim, or perhaps it is because he was pointing at me already. The bullets slam into me making me jerk around before I recover enough balance to move. This time I don't hold back, I run right up the front of the Hummer tear the gunners chest open then fling him over the front of the moving vehicle.

The driver in a panic I guess jumps from the Hummer before I get inside. After the second bump I hold down the brakes and put it in neutral. I get out of the stopped Hummer and sniff the air, both of them are dead. I stop to listen all I can hear is the ambulance and police cars coming. I pull up the hand held and ask central for an update, no answer. I switch channels to find the cops are a little worried, central is off the air, I get directions on how to find central and take off.

The very large building looks fine from outside, the strong smell of death moving me inside quickly. I find a veritable orgy of death, police, secretaries and what I can only assume are detectives strewn everywhere with bullet holes. I follow the sprays of blood to the elevators where I pause to make a report.

"I need someone not doing anything right this second, to get hold of the ambulances and get them to central, lots of shot people here, not sure if they are all dead or not."

I get on the elevator and just pick the basement first to a veritable barrage of talking. I turn the radio down as the door opens to show me two more men shot down. Talking farther on along with grunts of exertion gets me to move on quick I find the right door and open it quick to some screams then a lot of relief. The women of central are tied up, not all of them, a few are shot dead instead. Moving quickly I get the ones alive untied and back to their stations, I move over to one that isn't fielding reports.

"What happened in here?"

"Armed men came bursting in we had heard some gunfire before we assumed someone was testing their newly issued submachine gun. They killed a few of us right off then ushered us to the corner and tied us up. They were speaking Spanish I think except one that sounded like a Mexican speaking English. Many more rushed past the door toward the evidence room, we were holding the drugs you found a couple days ago the DEA was being slow in picking it up."

I exit the radio room heading in the direction indicated wondering why someone would do all of this for some hundred pounds of drugs. The street worth is in the millions but a pittance compared to the funds available if they can manage to do this. Opening the door to the evidence holding room I discover it is a little larger than just one hundred pounds, there are three crates missing, according to the signs two are drugs, one is cash totaling some millions in cash due for pickup to be destroyed. The drugs as it turns out come to two hundred pounds of meth, cocaine and heroin.

There is another door out of here, broken open leading to the loading and unloading section of the motor pool. I stop to sniff there is a fresh scent of a number of men, and a semi. I smile as I go out of the motor pool to the surface, they did not leave until recently this will be a fast hunt. I report the semi and the drugs along with money aboard as I speed up, meaning to end this soon. It is easy enough to track them the smell is strong though I hear them before I see them they are firing at anything.

The rear Hummer gunner does not see me coming, he is firing off to the side at office buildings. The rear of the trailer is open with men inside they see me and open fire. The machine gun turns to fire on me I just speed up and punch him as I pass to the trailer. He never even got a shot of at me the men in the trailer did however. I am very tired of this I claw two as I leap aboard, one in the throat one in the belly. So intent is the second man on holding his insides in he does not think to stay on the trailer, the Hummer bounces once as the driver tries to not run him over.

Instead of shooting at me the two remaining men on the trailer club me with their guns. The first shoves the butt of his gun into my chest the second grabs his by the barrel and uses it like a baseball bat with my chin the baseball. I turn to look at the second man with a feral fang revealing grin then punch him as fast as I can in the jaw. His face indents severely around my hand before he flies backwards fast as I can is fast creating a lot of force. I kick the last remaining in the chest he bounces off the wall of the trailer then out to the fast passing street.

I drop out of the trailer and dart to the side of the Hummer before speeding up, I race past the Hummer the driver staring over at me as I reach down and slash the front tire. The Hummer careens to the right behind me before the driver compensates, the only problem being he overcompensates and crashes right into a parked car on the other side. I don't look back I hear the collision I am racing up the side of the semi slashing tires. As I am slashing the front tire on the left side the machine gun of the last Hummer opens fire on me.

I move up out of the fire arc of the machine gun to leap up when I realize the semi driver kept it from crashing to a stop. Not to say he did not hit some parked cars, the semi is just too big to stop from hitting a car or three. I move back behind the Hummer and hop up, not onto the vehicle but just to be seen, the gunner trails fire across the sky above me putting a lot of holes in the semi coming up behind. As the truck following sputters and starts making bad noises before the engine cuts out I jump up on the Hummer and pull the gunner out of his perch.

With the gunner dropped over the side I drop inside of the Hummer and move up next to the driver. He looks at me then looks ahead and swerves over to run right into a street light. I just let him do it giggling the entire time waiting for him to jump out, he never did. I bounce off the windshield and the dash, which is a rather painful experience, definitely not a good thing to have on your list of things to do. The driver bounces off the steering wheel except he didn't bounce he went into it and stayed there. The driver dying and unable to talk I get out of the Hummer and pull out my radio.

emap
emap
237 Followers