Emap Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
238 Followers

"Let's go back to Wilma for a second, is she coming?"

"Yes, she's coming with Marie, they are going to pick up Madison and maybe Sally, Derek is coming but he wasn't at home when I called him. You are going to be the first base umpire by the way, so you don't fall asleep on us. This is important to the kids and it would make them feel bad."

We arrive at the sports store, I figured we would go to a Sports Authority or Walgreens instead we are at a little family owned store. The clerk just about drops dead when we come in before he dashes around the counter to help us. I have to hold him up when Frank says what we need. Bats are easy they sell them in varying sizes we agree on the aluminum bats, the wood bats are very expensive. We get red baseballs to account for the snow, the clerk swearing they are a little softer when they hit you and still fly as far. Gloves are a problem there are enough of each size except when it comes to catcher gloves.

Frank goes and yells at Tony who comes in then agrees to be the catcher. We get him the pads after I insist and batting helmets after the clerk suggests it. Melanie comes in to use the bathroom, after we get out she goes straight to the footballs, she pulls out a regulation sized one with difficulty. I get a smaller one she can use easier, we buy both she's demanding at times. Frank puts a hat on me making me ask why he holds up one of the aluminum bats then goes and uses the batting practice ball on bungie cords. That was painful those bats are loud making me ask if there is a batting helmet in my size.

We try the batting helmet with the hat on, bearable, without the hat still loud so I make sure we get the hat and the helmet. Loaded down with stuff we ferry it out to the cars, most of it ends up in Tony's trunk, told you it was a big trunk. I take the time we are waiting for Frank to finish paying to tell Tony all about Wilma's desire to try the stock with someone besides Frank, and the lump. When Frank comes out we take off again, in no time he is asking.

"What did Tony say?"

"Well the first thing he said was he isn't doing Wilma. The second was that he hopes Wilma is fine and just has a lump. I think that means she can come and use the stock, most likely will need to find someone to do her besides you."

"I think Wilma knew that one already, she hasn't said but I get the feeling she has found someone already. News of a second stock being ordered has gone through the wives I think you are looking at fifty plus in your basement next time."

"Frank we only have fifteen families in the Brigade. I suppose sixteen since Derek joined it again, and two support families, as much as Marie and Madison can be considered family."

"Darryl always comes remember I think he's addicted to you, Marie talks about the stock nights. Melody according to Marie likes to watch you get fucked Marie thinks she wants to be the one in control. That gives you seventeen families, as far as Darryl and Melody being families it's roughly on par with Marie and Madison yet. You also didn't get told I guess, there are twenty five in the Brigade, Chicago has a lot of area and they wanted to be sure everything was represented. You will get a high rise apartment again, this time with an external emergency stairs so you can get back up easier."

"Oh I like that, how is Chicago on walk ups?"

"Pizza, there are tons of outside eating pizza places, we have been getting offers from a bunch of them, there is one in particular I like right in the middle of town, they sell slices and whole pizza so you are all set."

"That sounds great, though if possible find me some burger places to, pizza every night is a little over kill."

"They sell burgers as well have some faith, ah here we are they are still going to the assembly so stay in the car."

We have pulled into an elementary school parking lot there are kids in line going toward the gym as we pull in. Their teachers doing admirable jobs of keeping them in line and moving. Once they have disappeared from sight I am out of the car and looking for Wilma, I find her five cars over speaking with Marie, Sally and Madison. I go over and sniff at her a few times getting me odd looks from Madison and Marie.

"I smell nothing besides you and your deodorant, I think it's nothing but get checked anyway. I may not be good enough to tell yet." Wilma gives me a hug Sally gives us both a hug. "Hey where's Max?"

"Max is with Derek, they went shopping, they wouldn't say for what. They should be here any minute." Sally says a few tears in her eyes.

"Us men could use a few hands with all this stuff." Frank yells, I look to giggle we got a lot of stuff and the boxes are mostly impossible to stack.

Sally, Marie and I get the free boxes while Wilma and Madison follow us to the gym. Inside it is full of kids talking, they instantly quiet down when we come in then the murmurs start as they see what we are carrying. The principal comes over looking a little nervous.

"I haven't told them yet, wanted to wait for you. I'm not sure how well this will go over to the kids, though hopefully the cake party will help, one to each grade. We also have two extra classes, the fifth and sixth grade and the first graders."

"No problem we will do round robin like the college world series, takes two losses to be out. Might increase the number of games needed a little, are you sure the first graders will play?" Frank puts in letting me not say a word I didn't know what to do anyway.

"We can ask, they don't have to play and it might make life easier, only need say eleven kids a class anyway. Now who wants to tell the kids?"

"I'll do that, Jaguar isn't a fan of baseball." Frank says then walks closer to the kids. "That over there is Jaguar, the real Jaguar in case you are thinking a fake. We are here today to have you guys put on a baseball tournament we brought bats, gloves, and balls. Catcher gloves were lacking so that ugly guy over there is the catcher, I'm the home plate umpire Jaguar is the first base umpire and if he ever shows up my son in law is the third base umpire and coach. Now I mentioned tournament, there has to be something for the winner right, well in this case it is a tournament of class against class by grade, the winner of each grade gets a cake party in their class at a later date. We are doing round robin baseball since some of you grades are odd numbered and it makes for a better experience, one bad game doesn't end it for you. Any questions?"

There is a lot of talking and none of it in question form, the principal and the teachers are trying to quiet the kids down, finally I just roar. That gets quiet instantly, then some hands go up, the first one is if the kids have to play, the principal covers that saying only the ones who wish to play will, entire classes can not play if they choose. Most of the hands go down leaving only one a light skinned boy sitting next to Steffi has his hand up. I point to him and tell him to ask his question.

"Can we do a school championship as well?" This is met with a lot of cheering, I look at Frank not sure the fifth and sixth graders are bigger.

"Yes we can, the school champions will have a special food for their party we will figure that out at a later date. Now for monetary reasons the classes are sharing gloves bats and helmets, and catcher, that was for a lack of catcher gloves. Now if you classes will separate so Jaguar and I can help your teachers figure out who is playing."

Derek finally shows up with Max who runs straight for Melanie while the classes are separating and talking amongst themselves. Sally runs to him and tells him what I said to Wilma. He comes over to us with a smile.

"So what I miss besides mom probably being perfectly healthy?"

"We are doing round robin baseball and there will be a school champion. You are sure you remember baseball well enough to be the third base umpire and coach?" Derek looks at Frank and groans.

"Gee thanks dad for all the faith in me. Yes I can remember it I'm guessing Tony is catcher for the school for this."

"They didn't have many catcher gloves so we conscripted Tony. You got good timing you can help us with who plays for each class. We got aluminum bats so I had to buy a batting helmet and a regular hat to wear to stand it." Derek chuckles until I poke him with my finger.

We move over to the first graders first, there are a lot more wanting to play than we figured. Each class of first graders has about twenty volunteers, when it comes to pitchers most of the classes point to a specific kid. One class gets two volunteers for pitcher Frank tells Tony to get his glove and a ball. There is a pitch off and both are about equal so we flip a coin. I console the loser with if the team loses he can pitch the second game.

Second graders are about the same as the first graders, most want to play and most have one person to pitch. The only two pitcher class is Steffi's, her friend and another boy who is a little taller. Well pitch off again, the taller boy goes first his pitches have a little meat to them as Frank puts it. When Steffi's friend goes up a few of the kids are telling the white boy to give it up. Steffi tells him to give it his best so he goes over does a wind up that looks a little weird and let's a moving fastball go that snaps into the glove.

The entire gym is silent at that, Frank and Tony look at each other then the kid. Derek chuckles and says whitey is pitching there isn't any argument on that one. There are a few more pitch off's, none get a pitch that snaps into the glove. Frank waves to the kids to get them to come in closer.

"OK, we took a while at that, the principal swears your parents have been contacted so know what we are doing and that the buses will be here in an hour. We are only going to do four inning games so hour is plenty unless we go extra innings. This means we have time for one game today, tomorrow you all get out an hour early and the same deal with the buses so two games. Now, is there any call on which grade should go first or do you guys want to see whitey pitch a game?"

There is a chant of whitey I mean the entire school is doing it. Derek and Tony are chuckling as the principal comes over and goes through a list, then calls out a teacher's name. There is some groaning at that from what I assume are her students they are playing against whitey. When we head out of the gym for the field which is an actual baseball field, not in the best of conditions but bases and benches at least, we find a lot of parents. Mostly mom's some dad's as well, whitey moves toward a couple, I assume his parents, I follow.

"Derek you seem to be popular today." The man says a lot of the kids are waving to Derek as they go past.

"Baseball tournament, your son here is the wonder of the pitching. He threw a pitch so hard it snapped into the glove. Everybody is calling him whitey and his class is playing first against another second grade class."

"Oh thank you for doing this Jaguar we were so worried he only has one friend." The woman says with some tears in her eyes.

"Why we are doing this, Steffi was worried about him and getting a lower grade in recess. We should get going for the field looks like most of the kids are over there."

We head that way until Derek, the one married to Sally, comes running over and pulls me ahead to Frank where I get a quick run down of how it works as a first base umpire. I tell Frank and Derek whitey is named Derek getting a chuckle from both, they tell me about Whitey Ford. Derek goes off to speak with the kids sending out eight including whitey getting a chant of whitey again. Frank calls out warm ups so whitey is tossed a ball, Derek takes another ball and starts tossing it to the infielders while whitey throws five pitches to Tony.

Derek comes by adjusts where I am standing, reminds me to not be hit by the ball then goes on to the other class. The first kid out looks really nervous, he even dives away from the first pitch, Frank calls it a strike as Tony helps the kid up who looks a little calmer now. He swings at the next pitch and misses Tony almost misses catching it this pitch really moved. The third pitch swing and a miss to a lot of cheering from the kids. The next kid up to bat looks a little sure of himself, until he swings and misses at the first pitch.

The next pitch he gets a piece of, straight into the fence about a foot to my left. Whitey winds up and pitches again, total swing and miss, the next kid up has a grin to his face. He makes contact twice foul ball both times, Steffi leads the rest of the kids in a chant of whitey. Whitey yells Derek, Sally's Derek yells what making whitey groan and shake his head. He winds up and pitches, the batter swings makes contact and hits the fence a foot to my right.

"Derek am I supposed to be right here?" I yell across to Derek with a lot of laughter all the way around.

"You are allowed to move you know."

"I haven't been in the way yet, these kids sure seem to like trying to put me there."

"I'll teach you how to home plate umpire and you can stand back here if you prefer." Frank yells at me.

"I'm fine here just wanted to make sure I was in the right place, I am starting to think I'm standing on the playing field."

"With whitey pitching there doesn't seem to be one. Now if you umpires are done stalling us, two outs two strikes." Tony puts in standing up and holding up two fingers then gets in a crouch again.

This time whitey gets a swing and a miss to cheering from his team and clapping. The opposing pitcher looks pretty good, no strike outs but a pop fly and a ground ball to third base to get thrown out is just as good. The third kid up however gets a hit, blooper out to left field not reached by the fielder until it lands. The kid after him looks happy he's the tall one that wanted to pitch the pitcher groans then goes into his windup. There is a crack of the bat hitting the ball problem is the ball goes straight up hits the overhanging chain links and goes straight for me.

I step out of the way the ball hits the ground and bounces away to the first baseman. I resume my spot look at the kid at bat who is trying to not laugh then look over at Derek.

"Derek if this keeps up you are so first base umpire."

"I can't coach from over there the runners are looking at third not first."

"You will figure it out these kids are trying to bean me."

"If they are they would simply change where they hit to. One strike two outs."

There is a lot of laughter at our exchange, the pitcher looking calmer winds up and throws. This time the batter swings earlier and almost beans Derek, Derek gets up out of the dirt dusts himself a little then resumes his spot.

"Ah come on, you are supposed to bean Jaguar not me I'm the darn coach."

"Hey no encouraging them on aiming at me."

"Adults act like adults or be put into a time out." Frank yells making me and Derek laugh.

The next pitch he gets a piece of and puts it into play, fielded by the shortstop and thrown to first it is close. I have to call Frank over to discuss it, I'm not really sure. The ball hit the glove and the foot hit base at almost the same time. After asking if there was a space between sounds which there was not he calls it safe. The next kid up looks unsure when the pitcher throws he swings making contact and sending a blooper out just past the infielder and well short of the outfield.

Derek urges the kid on second to run home which he does ahead of the throw. The next kid up to bat looks quite sure of himself he makes contact on the first pitch making me move out of the way. The cheering has me look to see the first baseman has caught the ball. Derek goes over to whitey's team and speaks with them before sending out eight, Steffi runs over and man's first base. Derek on the way to the now batting team hands me a glove and a ball, I have to ask how hard I am throwing.

That makes Derek come back he takes the glove and backs away telling me to throw as hard as whitey in a straight line. Steffi tells me to throw a little harder, so I do getting a distinct snap noise out of the glove when Derek catches it. He calls that good hands me the glove back and goes speak to the hitting team. Steffi has me throw to third and it is returned through second and first. I throw one to short stop who tosses it to second then to third then first. Derek calls warm ups over as he comes to collect the glove and ball.

"I want to keep the glove so I can catch the ball when they try and bean me."

"Nope, you are not to interfere with the play whenever possible, we don't want you running all over the place catching the ball." I have to groan at that, like I would.

"Daddy Derek is being mean to me." I yell out to a lot of laughter.

Frank looks at me then Derek walking to third and groans.

"Jaguar you are not to have a glove so you don't interfere with the plays we discussed it already."

The kid to bat moves up, a girl rather on the short side of things. Tony calls time out then runs over to whitey Steffi goes as well waving at me to follow. When I get there Tony is talking to whitey about throwing balls to first and hoping the next kid is taller, Steffi turns to me.

"What he just said is he thinks we should walk her to move on to the next kid in the hopes there is a bigger strike zone."

"Walk that is where the batter gets four balls and walks to first?" I have to ask I only watched one game and Tony explained it fast.

"Yes, she's only like three and a half feet, gives us a strike zone of maybe half a foot." Tony says whitey is looking at her then us.

"I want to pitch to her, if she walks she walks but this will be a challenge and that's good."

Tony smiles and heads back to home plate, Steffi gives whitey a hug then walks with me back to first.

"You like him don't you?"

"Not as much as you like Tony but yes he is smart and really good at throwing a ball." Steffi tells me with a smile as she stops at her spot off first base.

"You kids do grow up faster now I was eight before I found a boy I liked."

I get back in my spot and watch as whitey winds up and throws, the girl swings at it. She almost misses, gets a piece of it but only enough to send it into the dirt under Tony. Frank hobbles around for a second complaining about not having shin guards then calls it a strike. The next pitch is called a ball, Steffi and whitey arguing that it was a strike. After Frank yells it looked low to him whitey sighs then winds up, this time the girl makes better contact, sends the ball bouncing and rolling at me. I get out of the way with a sigh, Steffi is giggling as she gets the ball.

The next pitch she makes even better contact, Steffi has to scramble for the ball in the field. Whitey runs over to catch the ball from Steffi I have to call the girl safe she actually beat the throw by the tiniest of margins. The girl stands on first and dances too much amusement, even Steffi is laughing. The next kid up stands weird, Tony pulls third and second closer. Frank calls time then runs over to me quick.

"Chances are good Derek told them to run and bunt, if the kid doesn't make contact Tony throws to second, we need an umpire there and you are the winner. If Tony makes a throw to second you need to be over there to see if the runner makes it or not."

Once Frank is back behind Tony whitey winds up and throws, the girl on first does run. The bunter doesn't make contact so Tony springs up to throw the short stop is on the base not looking my way. I run over quick in the outfield almost before moving closer. It is a really good throw, low enough the kid can catch it without straining up or going low, the runner is out by a foot. The batter takes a normal stance, everybody moves back to where they started.

emap
emap
238 Followers