Emerald Knights

Story Info
Two young women on a journey of self-discovery and magic.
5k words
4.64
14.3k
5

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/21/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rain had been pouring consistently for two days making normally gothic town of Haven look even darker. Its grey stone walls and dark cobbled streets glistened as the endless raindrops hammered against their aged, smooth facades. This suited her fine. Her mood, too, was dark. She stood shivering under the sheltered canopy of a bar and smoking a hand-rolled cigarette, taking deep inhalations. On the outside the bar blended well into the rest of the street --with a closed down liquor store on one side and a creepy alleyway on the other -- inside, the bar was quite unique. The door opened and music filled the deep emptiness of the street as a man stepped out, lighting a cigarette.

"Nice night for it, eh?" He commented with a drawl. She merely nodded and continued to smoke silently. He was only human, probably enamoured by someone that wasn't.

The streetlight cast a shadow over her beautiful porcelain face, hiding the colour of her petrol green eyes, eyes which had been known to stop hearts. Her long wavy hair was the colour of rich, dark chocolate and if one were to press one's nose to it, the unmistakeable smell of cocoa seemed to waft right into one's brain. Unfortunately, the man was unable to appreciate her tresses as they were partially hidden by a wide-brimmed hat with all manner of feathers and buttons attached to it from all corners of the world, each with their own story and adventure attached to it. Just under her thick leather jacket, around her delicate, milky neck was all manner of jewellery, an egg-sized green emerald blinking lustrously beneath wooden beads and silver crosses.

The man's gaze lowered down her body taking quick note of a black band t-shirt, moving down her shapely thighs and legs in leather trousers that looked like they were spray-painted on. Finally he took in her blood-red cowboy boots which were caked in mud. He looked up with a lopsided grin.

"New in town?"

"Something like that." She replied without turning to face him.

She took one last deep drag and flicked the cigarette into the gutter where it sputtered and got washed away by the rain. She tightened her black leather biker jacket around her body, fighting the cold wind. Taking a deep calming breath she looked out onto the eerily quiet street, one way then the other and prepared herself for what was about to happen. In about half a minute she was going to come face to face with a person that had consumed her thoughts and dreams for over a decade. In about thirty seconds the bar called Limbo was about to come face to face with one of the most dangerous women in Europa. She was also one of the most patient and now after years of waiting she was about to complete her mission. She gently touched her jacket pocket in which the worn letter that contained the name of her enemy, the man that had killed her whole family and annihilated all that she held dear was kept safely hidden. She kept it by heart, like a secret. She shook her head in attempt to shake away the memories but they would always remain there, haunting her to the end. The day she received the mysterious letter revealing the answer to all her prayers was the day she packed her belongings and ran from the stifling tyranny of the nuns of St. Claudius and began her quest for ultimate knowledge and strength. She was fifteen years old then and now a woman standing on the quiet street of Haven. All those years of pain and fear, of loneliness and utter despair, finally she knew she could take all the pain away with on swift move.

She removed her hat, shook her hair briefly and readjusted it onto her head, the rings on her fingers glinting in the golden streetlight. She put on the smile that had made several young virile men completely legless and turned to the smoking stranger.

"I think tonight's going to be a good night" She said almost evilly, sending chills down the man's spine, that he could not place as either lust nor fear but perhaps both. Before he could say another word she had stepped into thumping darkness of the bar. It was called Limbo but little did anyone know, Selena St. Claire was about to introduce to them to hell.

Inside the bar, it was less quiet and a lot more crowded. Beautiful, lithe -- some winged, some scaled -- bodies moved in rhythm to bass heavy electronic music, eyes were shut in ecstasy and mouth met mouth, necks, and shoulders in sweaty sexy dance. Girls were scantily clad and gyrating to the music while their male counter-parts tried to act cool moving only when faced with the possibility of a curved body part touching them. On the other side of the large atrium was a long dark wood bar where three ethereals served tongue- and boxer-tied customers alike. Behind them were hundreds of bottles of different shapes and colours all containing liquids that could bring a men and women to their knees and face their eternal damnation. Customers with lust-filled eyes lit the bar, their fingers straining at their glasses wanting nothing more than to reach over the long bar to touch the nymphs. Further along, a bodyguard stood outside a staircase that led upstairs to a VIP room occupied by melancholy sadness and anger his bitter friend. Two men stood side-by-side watching the scene below with expressionless faces. One was the proprietor, the other his right-hand man. Neither spoke just watched the night evolve before their eyes. After centuries of existence, both men had learned to respect silence and when either of them were forced to speak their words were few but weighty.

Alexander had lived through every possible social progression and destruction. He had seen the rise and fall of mountains and men and watched as the seas slowly ate away at ancient lands. He had witnessed the ferocity of love and passion and seen the calm chill of hatred. He had tasted the blood of his enemies and lovers alike and enjoyed both immensely and with equal pleasure. He had bedded whores and princesses and found eager pleasure in mouths of saints. There was very little Alexander had not done and that was his very undoing. Filled with the ennui of eternity he had lost the sight that only mortality can bring, like seeing things in colour once again. He watched the bodies move sensually against each other and gave an almost imperceptible frown. Something about the evening had him slightly apprehensive as if the devil himself was coming to claim him. He ran his hand through thick black hair that fell to his chin and over his eyes. It looked almost dark blue in the dark light of the bar. His thick eyebrows of the same colour framed his ice-blue eyes, like huskies' eyes containing a ring of magic that only the most observant of people will recognise as a real curse. The years had been kind only because he had avoided them completely and like any other vampire one would find in the world he was impossibly beautiful, not handsome but beautiful, as though the Creator himself carved him out of smooth white marble. He was very tall, wide-shouldered and narrow-hipped and every part of his sculpted form was draped in an expensive black Zegna suit. Under it he wore a crisp white shirt with a just the hint of a chain hanging under its collar.

Limbo had been his for the best part of a century and he was allowed to do so because of the very special ground Limbo stood on, what human beings would understand as neutral. No magic could be performed on the ground and thus it was like one big scrambler which no creature to date had been able to bypass. No one had ever dared to. First erected by the permission of the Council his predecessor, his father of sorts, Aristos agreed to maintain the neutrality and protect the holy ground it stood on. Aristos taught Alexander everything he knew about the world, philosophy, love and magic before he then died, leaving him Limbo. At first he shunned the bar and left it to be managed by whoever was willing -- and still alive -- to run it. A number of years later after the rivers of bloodshed had dried and there was uneasy peace amongst the all the creatures of the day and night he returned to the bar a hero and renewed it to its former glory, the magic sensing its master. He and Valko, his brother, his friend and his general, had never looked back since and after Alexander received the crown -- an unexpected move made by King Viktor at his deathbed as a personal gift for his loyalty in the war-- there was nothing that was more powerful than the man and King that owned Limbo.

Valko stood tall and proud with short hair so blonde it was almost silver. His shoulders were set, his arms crossed and bulging under his black, double-breasted suit. He had been at Alexander's side for almost a millennium but boredom was not an affliction he understood. Alexander, on the other hand, only a few years younger had recently been plagued by over the years, cynicism and bitterness getting the best of him. He shot a brief glance at the man he knew as his brother and who he respected as his king and looked away again. He wondered if Alexander could smell it, that distinct smell in the air...like nothing he had ever smelt before. He shivered.

Downstairs, Selena slid fluidly into one of the unoccupied bar stools and signalled to a flame-haired beauty.

"What can I do for you?" The nymph floated to face her, her flaming eyes mischievous as they were dangerous. She licked her lips and eyed her customer appreciatively. "Better yet, what can I do you for?" She ran her milky white hands over Selena's arm eliciting tiny Goosebumps.

"Double vodka. On the rocks. Clean glass." The woman replied calmly, as if unaffected by the nymph's touch. With a flash of her fiery eyes the she poured the vodka into a glass filled with ice, chucking in a slice of lime for good measure and slammed it onto the table in front of her. No one was impervious to her beauty. No one.

"Anything else?" There was venom dripping off each word. Selena did not look up but merely reached into her class, picking out the slice of lime and threw it over her shoulder nonchalantly.

"Who owns this establishment?" She was quite aware who the proprietor was. His name was practically tattooed on her brain.

The nymph scoffed. "Where have you been, sugar? Don't you know Alexander Demetrius owns Limbo? Where have you been living, a cave?" She laughed melodically. "You gonna pay for that?" She gestured to the glass that was now empty.

"Let's take that up with your boss, shall we?" An evil smirk flashed under the brim of the hat.

"You're kidding right? You know who he is right? As in King? As in he'll smite the fuc --"

Before the nymph could finish her sentence, Selena slowly lifted her green eyes and gave her the most piercing and soul-withering stare causing her to take a small step back and her breath hitch in her throat. Without a word the siren turned to the phone behind the bar and quickly typed in the numbers, her hands shaking for the first time in centuries.

"Yes?" Valko turned to his King who was still staring off into the middle-distance. He hung up and sighed.

"Looks like trouble just made an appearance and she's asking for you."

Selena stood up off her stool and finished off her second double-vodka as the footsteps neared behind her. Here we go, she thought to herself and took one last calming breath before she turned around to face her enemies her ferocious smile back on her lips.

"Alexander, I assume?" She drawled. Her eyes roamed briefly over the dictionary description of tall, dark and handsome. He moved like a panther, slowly and stealthily as if every gesture was part of a fluid dance. His eyes were devastatingly blue and she took brief note of the subtle ring around his iris. If she didn't have to kill him she'd probably taken him to bed.

"King Demetrius, miss...?" He lifted an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Selena."

"You seem to be foreign so I will forgive you this once but with warning, impudence is punishable within my jurisdiction."

"This is not exactly your jurisdiction I hear" Selena responded, cocking a slender eyebrow and gesturing around the bar.

"Semantics. What can I do for you?" The way he said her name almost made her shudder but she was in full control of her body, every fibre, every muscle was taut and under her command. She never got the shakes.

"I was hoping we could discuss that in private." She nodded to the balcony. Alexander continued to stare at her silently for a brief minute then without a word gestured to Valko and all three of them headed back upstairs past the stony-faced bodyguard. The nymph watched as they walked away and pitied the Selena and what she was sure to face behind closed doors.

Back upstairs, the two men stopped behind a big dark door and seemed to silently communicate to each other, Valko finally grunting and moving away to let Alexander then Selena past into the dark office. Alexander walked slowly to his desk and flicked on a light at his large mahogany desk but remained standing. Something about this remarkably beautiful woman made him wary; the way her eyes shone with something akin to fury while her smile was beautiful with perfectly pink luscious lips that showcased ivory white teeth.

"Well?" He gestured to a chair opposite the desk.

Selena turned instead to admire the room, its dark polished walls and high ceilings, paintings centuries old adorning the walls.

"You've got quite a collection here, Demetrius. Must've taken a lot of blood sweat and tears to build" She looked over her shoulder with a sultry smile. "None of your own, of course" She continued to walk around the room arriving finally mere feet away from the man that destroyed everything. She stood staring into his eyes with a mixture of hate and lust swirling in her belly. Bloodlust. She took a step closer to him so that she could run a hand over the smooth lapel of his jacket.

"What else do you collect? Women perhaps?"

Alexander did not move, although he was intrigued. "I leave women for the more adventurous collectors. I fear I lack to patience and the stamina for such quests"

"Hm... what a pity..." She ran her fingers up his chest to the nape of his neck where her fingers curled around a lock of his dark hair. "I was so hoping I could change your mind" She licked her bottom lip and Alexander followed the movement, lust igniting quietly in his belly and his fingers twitching at his sides.

"You've still not answered my question. What do you want, Selena?" He asked, his voice hard but betraying the slightest bit of sexual curiosity. This time hearing her name on his lips did make her shudder and with anticipation. She let her leather jacket slip and fall off her shoulders, stood up on her tip-toes and wound her arms around his neck.

"I thought that would be rather obvious by now" She whispered against his lips, never breaking eye contact. Their breaths mingled intimately, and hearts beat against each other. Her pink tongue snaked out and gave the right corner of his unsmiling mouth a tiny flick. She pulled back -- only slightly -- to look at his unchanged face and sighed. "No?" Her eyes twinkled dangerously, and Alexander swore he heard ringing in his head.

Stepping even closer so that they were groin to groin, her thigh in between his muscular ones, she gripped the nape of his neck tight and tried again. This time she pushed up with her toes and pressed her lips to his. After a moments resistance Alexander could no longer fight the intoxicating taste of her lips and kissed her back letting his tongue run along the same path across her bottom lip as hers did earlier. The taste of her was sweet and spicy at the same time, like cinnamon like...but before he could finish the thought he felt cold, hard steel at his temple. Selena had pulled two identical old silver guns tucked in the belt of her trousers. They were both locked and loaded and one of them was pressed against his head, the other pointed at his heart.

Selena said with a brutal smile and stepped back, briefly licking her lips. "Don't let these fool you; you sure as hell taste fantastic."

"Likewise. To what do I owe the honour?" Alexander didn't know if he was angrier at himself or her. How could he let her past him? How could he not smell the metal on her?

"Ahem" Selena raised an eyebrow and gestured to the guns. "I think I'm going to run the conversation from here on. I am the one with the firepower after all"

"A bit of metal doesn't scare me, especially at the hands of a psychotic little girl" Alexander sneered.

"Ah, well, psychotic, maybe. A girl? Definitely not." She tapped the guns gently against each other the sound of tinkling bells rang out in the room and caused the king of the European underworld, the man they called the Destroyer, "the one who could not be killed" shiver with genuine fear.

"See these guns, Meta --" she pointed to the one on her left, intricate engravings etched to the hilt and down the barrel of the gun gleaming. " -- Tron" giving the right gun a little wiggle causing the little jewels glint and a gentle vibration of sound whisper through the air.

"They were given to me by a very special man, actually, a mutual friend. Cyrus? Ring any bells?" Alexander's eyes flashed briefly but he remained silent. Selena laughed.

"Yes, who knew that all it took was a couple monks, a tonne of silver a few magic words to create the ultimate vampire killing machines? They managed to recreate the voice of God. The voice of God! One, single, little flick of this trigger and I can reduce you into dust." Alexander still stood in silence.

She walked around to stand behind Alexander. She leaned up into his ear and whispered "Still think I'm a little girl?" She took his earlobe into her mouth and gave it a bite, drawing a droplet of blood. She licked her lips and walked back around to face him. "Guess again. Go on, guess!"

"I don't have the slightest fucking clue who you are but in the next minute you will be dead" Alexander answered calmly belying little of the boiling anger within him.

"Wrong." She glared at him. "My name is Selena St. Claire Baranov of Bohemia, daughter to Constantine and Vivienne Baranov, King and Queen of the Bohemia and beloved sister to Helia Nikita Baranov. You killed my family, you killed my pack and you killed my happiness. It is you that must die."

Tears began to stream down her pale cheeks as she looked into the eyes of the man that destroyed all her chances of happiness when she was a mere child. "Goodbye" She closed her eyes and prepared to pull the trigger but before the decisive moment, Alexander had leapt across sending them both to the ground in a flurry of fist and kicks, the silver guns spinning across the hard-wood floor. Selena kicked up, her right foot connecting with Alexander's chest and pushing him off her. She quickly spun in a move her Capoiera master had taught her years ago and managed to find herself upright and facing one of the most dangerous vampires in the world. Her hands up, ready she eyed her opponent with angry eyes that looked like green flames. With a shout she pushed forward and launched herself up but he moved before she could connect and brought a blow on her thigh sending her to the ground again. Once on the ground she did another spin kick which Alexander side-stepped. On her feet again she threw a punch, smiling as she caught his beautiful face. She did a round-house kick which caught him in the chest and sent him back against the wall of the office. She ran to him and attempted to punch his face but quick as a flash Alexander moved again and her fist went through the plasterboard and into the wall. Alexander countered by grabbing her arm and twisting in viciously behind her back, slamming her chest and face into the wall. He held her there and for a moment the only sound in the room was that of their heavy breathing. Selena then used her knees as leverage against the wall, hopped up so her feet were against the wall and pushed back as hard as she could so that she landed on top of Alexander where she 'people's elbow-ed' him in the solar-plexus eliciting a grunt from Alexander who rolled away from the shower of punches until he reached safety.

12