Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good grief Emily, you don't have to thank me, especially after what you did for us last week. Thank you for telling me." We smiled, hugged and went back to our desks. I debated about what to do about Nora. I hadn't heard a peep from her, nor had I called or written, since our last phone call. I turned on my computer. Ah, problem solved. There was an email, asking if we could have dinner soon. Yeah great; she wants to show me her ring. I sighed. Yes, of course we can. How about tomorrow, the usual place, at six? I sent the reply.

I worked, trying to keep busy, trying to keep my mind off Mo, trying to just be. I needed more than an hour with Kathy. Oh yeah, I had to stop and get some cash to pay her tonight. I smiled when I thought of the 'workout' over the weekend with Lily. I suppose that did more than just ... oh my god. Tammy looked at me; I winked and smiled. Honey, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I smiled the rest of the day.

A text from Mo: can't wait 2 see u ;) I smiled and responded: me too! Geez, I really have a problem on my hands. Umm, there was another one between my legs. I sighed, worked, and when the work day was over, I put on my coat, grabbed my purse, and headed to the car.

Kathy was at six. I had time for a Lean Cuisine and a change of clothing. In between? Yup, there were two, thankfully. I needed that!! I washed up after and had just finished dressing when the knock on the door came. I opened it and smiled as the tornado blew in. She took off her coat and we started. She worked me hard; we talked as I exercised. I apologized again for bailing so late on Saturday. Kathy waved me off; not a problem. How was I doing otherwise?

I smiled. "I'm fine thank you. I'm really enjoying these workouts. I know it's still early ... oh, hey, can we book another couple of weeks?"

"Of course; you do your routine and I'll get my book. I really should put this into my phone. Okay, we're good for the next two weeks." She was pleased; I was as well. My god she's beautiful. Her black hair is lustrous with health. The fitness and energy just radiate from her and her skin is so gorgeous. I need to concentrate on my form (not hers) to be precise with my routines. Kathy's really good, too. If I made a mistake or was lazy with anything, she would stop me, demonstrating as she corrected and let me continue. All said in an even, instructional tone. It's no wonder she's built a successful business. As it always seemed to, the hour was over in a blink. I wasn't perspiring very much and there was no soreness at all. I reached into my purse, gave her the money and hugged her in thanks. Oh my god, I almost kissed her. I turned quickly and went to the door. She breezed out with a wave. I leaned against the wall and shook my head.

Not two minutes later, another knock. I smiled, opened the door -- Mo! She came in, eyes aglow. We kissed, hungrily. I asked for a couple of minutes to change. "Need any help?" I laughed. I knew if I kissed her again we might not leave. I kissed her. Yup, we almost didn't! I was glad I had given myself a couple of orgasms. It took away just enough of the need to ... oh god, she was all over me. Geez her hands are fantastic, her mouth ... she slipped her hand into my shorts, under my panties, and into the wetness. I moaned. She slid her fingers from me and pulled away. I was panting; I looked at her in confusion. She brought the fingers to her mouth. "I know how you taste when we kiss, Ginger. Now I know how you'll taste when we make love." My knees were weak. She kissed me -- hot and quick. "Go change, I'm starving." She smiled a smile so bright. ... I sighed. I put on a fresh pair of panties, left my sports bra on, pulled on some jeans and a blue short sleeve top. I took a quick look in the mirror in the bathroom as I dragged the brush through my hair. Geez, if she sees me in this, we won't make it out of the apartment. I changed into a half sleeve, striped sweater that wasn't nearly as scooped as the top had been. Mo's eyes devoured me anyway. "God you're gorgeous Ginger." I smiled and blushed. I shrugged into my coat, grabbed my purse, and locked the door behind us.

The restaurant was busy but we got a table. Mo looked at the beer menu and her eyes got wide. "What?"

"They have Anchor Steam on tap... one of my favorites. It's not that easy to find it on tap." Okay, I'll try it. I didn't want to fuss over the menu. I just wanted to have a nice meal with a really sexy, gorgeous woman. Mo must have seen it in my eyes. "I surprised you, huh?" I nodded. "I really had no intention of making love. I just wanted to be a tease."

I laughed. "I gotta tell ya Mo; you had me from zero to sixty in a blur. Wowzer!!" I shook my head in wonder.

"So how was your workout? I think I saw your trainer getting into her car; she's about your height, dark hair?" The server came by with our beers. We both ordered.

I nodded. "She's just fabulous! She knows her stuff. She keeps me on task about doing the exercises correctly and is fun to talk with. The hour just flies by." I took a sip of the beer. Wow, it's really good! "Where do you work out?"

"There's a place I really like -- Anytime Fitness. It's open 24/7, they have all the latest equipment, private showers and restrooms, and something called 'Anywhere Club Access,' which means if I travel, I just show my pass and can work out. I get a good rate, too, because I committed to three years. I really like it." She was really enthusiastic about the place. "So do you like the beer?"

"Oh yeah, it's very tasty without being too heavy. Thanks for the tip. I'm actually more of a wine girl."

Mo laughed. "And here I thought you drank vodka -- because of the L Room."

"Nah, just there; I did drink your beer the last time. But I watched Candy make my drink." The food came. "Geez, that was quick, huh?" Mo nodded, we were both so hungry we attacked our food with a vengeance. I had a stuffed pork chop, garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. Mo had bourbon chopped steak, fries, and veggies. I don't know how hers tasted but it smelled good. Our server brought us both fresh beers. Perfect timing -- we clinked glasses. I smiled, leaned over and kissed her. She smiled back. God I wanted this woman! We swapped forks of food. Oh my that's good! Mo asked how I met Kathy. I told her about Nora being my BFF, how we met, and that she had been a client for five years.

"Wow! Impressive; so does Nora know about your, umm, this new you?" Oh shit.

"I think she's about to get engaged Mo. She emailed me today asking if we could meet for dinner tomorrow night. The guy she's been dating seems pretty nice and she's hinted that a ring may be coming." I dug my nails into my thumb to keep from crying. I didn't want to go into the rest of it. Oh lord -- cop eyes. Mo was appraising me with her bullshit meter. She was quiet for a few seconds, then nodded slowly and changed the subject ... sort of.

"So when can we see each other again?" Her lips curled into a little smirk. "Next time will be our third date." Oh lord. Now she's teasing me about it.

"Can I get back to you on that, Mo? I have a meeting with my realtor tomorrow night and Kathy Thursday. The rest of the week looks pretty free. What schedule are you on? Do you rotate shifts? I think I read that once in a novel."

Mo blinked in surprise. "I'm on days through the end of the month and then I go to three to eleven. I'm off Sunday and Monday. Someone asked if I would swap and I said yes, only because it gave me back-to-back days off." She smiled.

"Come on now Mo, you can't even pretend I'm the only one on your dance card."

"No, but you're number three -- with a bullet." Her eyes twinkled; she made the finger-gun thing and dropped her thumb with a 'bang.' I played along, pretending I'd been shot, my arms falling to my sides, my head jerking back then slumping to my chest. She laughed out loud.

"Mo, it's hard to keep a date when I'm DEAD." More laughter from both of us. I wanted her naked and in my bed. Umm, me naked as well, just to make it clear. I heard Lily's voice: "Crystal clear, Ginger!" Shit! Wasn't it Lily who had mentioned the monogamous thing? So was I 'cheating' on her if I slept with Mo? No, but it felt like it was and I didn't know how I felt about that. My moral compass sort of got knocked for a loop when asshole changed the locks. I'd been faithful; I was pretty sure he wasn't. Julia? Shock of my life and not just because she was a woman. Okay, I lied. That too. I felt Mo's eyes on me. I looked at her and smiled. "Sorry; how was your dinner? Mine was really good."

"Just ask Ginger; it's right on the tip of your tongue." I know, and I'm scared. My eyes burned with hot tears.

"I never cheated on asshole -- my ex, or soon to be, in twenty seven years, Mo. I want you so badly. I don't want to rush things or wreck things with us. You're too special; the attraction is so strong. And I feel like I'd be cheating on someone who's also very important to me. It's completely stupid because things are still relatively new with her as well. It sucks telling you this because you shouldn't have to carry around my stuff. But that's how impor ... how much I love being around and with you, Mo." I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders helplessly.

"Christ on a cracker, girl, you're about to make a cop cry. Pay the damn bill and let's get out of here." She smiled; I nodded. I left a tip, paid with my credit card, and we left. The drive back was quiet. Mo reached for and held my hand. She brought it to her lips and kissed it, then held it to her cheek. She smiled at me, eyes soft and warm.

I parked the car. No hesitation. "I want you come in with me Mo." I leaned, kissed her, and opened the door. Mo met me at the back of the car, I took her hand, and we walked to my little shitty band box. I never even turned the lights on. We took our coats off, kissing the whole time, and I walked her to the bedroom.

There was none of the usual first time nervousness, not after that parking lot make-out session. We took each other's clothes off a piece at a time. I went first; she had shot me. Honest to god, that's what I said! If there were any nerves they went away as we giggled. When we were naked, I took her in my arms, kissed her, and whispered, "I want to hear you scream my name!" My tongue darted where my lips had been. She spun me around and pushed me back on the bed. Oh my god. I can barely speak of how she took me.

HA!! That's because she didn't! Gotcha!! I did tell her I wanted her to come in. She replied, "No Ginger, not tonight. I had a really good time again, and I learned a lot about what kind of person you are. So, much as we both want to -- no, not tonight." She smiled, reached across the console, caressed my cheek, and kissed me. Eventually, reluctantly, we both got out of the car. As we kissed, Reenie said, "You are just fabulous Ginger. Call me as soon as you know what your schedule is. I can not wait to see you again."

I watched her drive away, went inside, and cried a little. I was sad and I was happy. I knew she had done what was, in the end, best for both of us. I could look Lily in the eye tomorrow and say that we hadn't made love. Sex? Me: blushing.

Mo called when she got home. I was so glad she did! Her voice was thick with emotion. It made me feel good that she cared enough to say no and to call. I knew I wanted to see her again. We talked for a bit and said our goodbyes. I fell asleep smiling.

Wednesday -- I woke up with a smile, thinking of Maureen. Someone else had called her Mo-Mo. She called herself Mo. I would find something that was for us. Reenie? Maybe it was too girlie for a cop. I would look online for nicknames. Too funny, huh -- you can go online and find nicknames for names. Not that an author would ever do that of course. Me: not telling. Gingerly, I did the happy feet dance in the shower when I thought about not being preggers. I apologize for the really awful 'gingerly' thingie. I swear, I'm adding more words to mickey soft's damn dictionary than the Urban Dictionary. I treated myself when I dressed. I ribboned, pacified, and scratchy sweatered. Oh for the love of god, get a clue mickey. I'm writing a novel, not a dictionary. Hey wait! Is this a novel, a novella, or a tale of love between women? Do any of you care? Are we having fun on the journey? I hope so. I'm having fun describing it to you!!

I brushed my hair until it shone -- as much as it does, given all the ringlets and things. Why is it that we who have curls and things wish for straight hair and those with straight hair spend billions trying to make theirs curl? Let me know.

I stopped for a meal. I was hungry, which surprised me. No, I don't know why. Emily 2.0 paid much more attention to women, in general, than before. The waitress looked like forty going on death. Poor thing; you know the type. They're on TV all the time. I left a smiley face and a big tip. Not even Wonder Woman can fix everything. I breezed into work smiling. DAMN, it hit me. I had set up dinner with Nora tonight and I was supposed to see Lily right after work. Shit!

I called. "I screwed up, Nora. I have a meeting with my realtor tonight. I completely spaced. I see Kathy tomorrow at seven. Can we meet after that? I know it's late, but ... "

She sighed. "Sure, Emily, that's fine." Emily? Really? Tone and temperature change noted and filed away. You got yours, I got mine. Maybe two. How the hell does this happen? I was sitting at my desk when a song floated through my head. Bon Jovi: 'No Apologies!'

I texted Lily: Luv u muchly -- see u soon. I meant it too. Okay, to be honest, I sent another to Mo: ;) TYVM!

I worked. It was boring. No, no, I shouldn't say that. I love what I do for a living. It was fun, it was nearly always new, completely frustrating, and kept me on my toes all the time. We were a really great team. Grand Master George made sure of that. I had no doubt he wouldn't be with us much longer. He was destined for much bigger, better things.

The day just sort of floated by -- if that makes any sense. There were thoughts of last night and tonight in my head. Red hair, vibrant energy; brown hair, energy, nuance, subtlety. I admit - I have no clue. I really didn't want to, but in the end, there was no one else to turn to, just one who cared. I called Jenny. I sat in the conference room, one leg crossed over the other, a metronome. I had no idea what she was doing and I felt bad about that -- but I needed. Emily, the big sister. I don't know how many times she called me. David loves me; David doesn't love me. Now, not only wasn't I married, I was living a life she knew nothing about. Hmm, Emily hadn't either -- until Julia. Whoa!

Jenny listened, God bless her. She was honest. "You have a problem Em. I think you're right -- let it play itself out. Whichever is right will become clear as time goes on. You, and each of the two you speak of, are all still so new that it's too soon to judge. As to the sex part -- honey, I don't know and can't begin to understand. But this is your life and your baby sister wants you to be happy. So, be! And I love you." Geez, how could I not cry? I told her I loved her too. We said our goodbyes. I sat and pondered, my leg still going up and down. I did get some work done that afternoon.

I left and headed to Lily's office. Thirty minutes later, we were in her office kissing. Yeah, the door was closed -- geez. She pressed herself to me and I did the same. I had missed her. She broke the kiss, grabbed the file, came around and sat next to me. We chatted about this and that. Can I please fuck you tonight? Inside voice!

Lily said, "I think you can be in your new home within forty five days, sixty at the most. A down payment of thirty or forty percent makes it more attractive to the lender." I thought about it. The house is about $120,000. I could do $40,000 and not blink. I'd still have a decent amount left. Let's just go to dinner and make love, Lily.

"I kind of like how this sounds." She smiled, closed the folder, and nodded.

In the car, she said, "I'm nearly certain we could be in a closing within three weeks." I smiled and nodded. We would have dinner. And the rest? I shrugged; we'd see. I asked, at dinner, about the real estate taxes.

She smiled. "They're not all that much. With what you're putting down, the combined mortgage and taxes won't be a big deal." A house inspection? "Absolutely, especially since it's been vacant for a while." Would the bank pay for it? She didn't think so but would ask. "If they say yes it will be written into the contact." Did everything seem in working order? She paused, pursing her lips. "Yes, and I think it's a good idea to go this weekend, walk through the house, garage and grounds to make sure. I know someone who does that sort of work. He's not cheap but he is very thorough." Good, thorough is worth the cost. We sipped our wine and waited for our meals to be served. She asked about my date?

I blushed. "She's fun to be with Lily; no, we didn't make love." She smiled softly. Did I want to stay the night tonight? Of course I did. We would decide when we had to. "How was your day?"

"I thought I had a deal closed, and at the last second it fell through. The guy got cold feet. Seems the latest reports on housing and unemployment gave him the jitters. I tried; his wife was most unhappy. I think it's going to be rather frosty in their bedroom for the near future. What can you do? It was the right home at the right price, but he wouldn't budge."

We talked as we ate. I had the rainbow trout, which was absolutely delicious. Lily had the braised tenderloin tips; it must have been good because she purred as she ate. Oh my gosh, it was. Tender, perfectly medium rare, the mushrooms fresh, light garlic butter. She must have enjoyed the sliver of my trout; more cooing. We talked about the weekend. She was frantically busy. We could see each other for dinner Saturday but she had to work Sunday. What about the walk through? She looked at her calendar. Fairly early Sunday morning? That meant I would stay overnight Saturday. We both smiled.

Hmm, that meant Sunday night with Mo. Shopping? Lily promised to carve out an afternoon and evening on a Monday -- soon. She was excited for me about the house. I wasn't sure it was the right thing but it was too good a deal to pass up. We had ordered second glasses of wine and were sipping the last of them. We looked at each other and smiled. Yup, it was time to get the check and go. She wasn't happy that I insisted on paying; I did my best 'cop eyes' stare. She rolled her eyes. I left the tip in cash. I remember reading somewhere servers preferred that -- and signed the credit card slip. We kissed in the parking lot like teenagers, laughed about having two cars. I followed Lily home. She pulled in the garage. I turned off the engine, locked the car and followed her into the house.

Lily made sure the doors were all locked after we hung up our coats. She asked if I wanted a glass of wine. I cocked an eyebrow. She smiled, took my hand, and we walked to the bedroom. Visits to the bathroom -- don't want that getting in the way later. I freshened up a little. She was naked, in bed, when I came out. "Hey, no fair!" She smiled. I had un-ribboned, taken the pacifier out, and fixed the bra at work before leaving. Not that she would have cared; just because. I hurried out of my things; left them over the back of the chair at the vanity. Yeah, her eyes were on me as I undressed, just like mine were on her as she lay in bed. She's gorgeous. I already knew that, but we hadn't been together enough that I would take her beauty, or her gorgeous figure, for granted. She, apparently, had many similar thoughts. When I turned to join her in bed, there was lust in her eyes as she drank me in. I blushed, she smiled.