Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

About the bedroom -- the headboard was brass (like Reenie!) and while it was absolutely gorgeous and ornate, it was, well, let me put it this way - Reenie fidgeted a lot in her chair when she saw it.

It was when Tara said, "We can do this in stages to hold down the cost" that I know I paled. She looked at me with calm, confident eyes and said, "Ginger, I've done everything possible to give you the best possible price." I took a moment to reflect on the fact we were (she was) decorating from the ground up. Well, I did have a toaster. Don't you dare laugh! One year, no interest. Okay, that softened the blow some.

How soon? The bedroom set could be done within a couple of weeks. Workbench? Laugh at the term -- it's said in jest. Knowing us the way you do you're probably snickering as well. It's a firm mattress, low profile box spring by Stearns & Foster. Not stiff-as-a-board ultra firm mind you. I simply don't like pillow-soft mattresses; Reenie (she's so cute!) said she couldn't care less as long as I was in it (the bed) with her.

Some of the other furniture would take longer. Details (plates, silverware, glasses and the like) could be done in a week to ten days. Art and window treatments (listen to me!) could be done in stages but relatively quickly.

I've condensed a very thorough, exhausting two-plus hours into about five hundred words. I hope I've given the general flavor of what Tara had done. She was so gracious. "I know you're on information overload. Please take a couple of days to consider all of this. I have to tell you, this is not something that comes my way every day -- furnishing a home from A to Z." She turned to my honey. "Reenie, when's your next day off?"

Reenie responded, "Tuesday, but that's probably too soon. Sunday the twenty second is next. Is that okay with you?"

Tara nodded, "Absolutely; it's ideal, actually. It gives you both a full week. I'm available for questions in the meantime." Her smile was bright. "Okay you two, have a great weekend. I look forward to finishing this and I better be invited to the house warming party!" We all laughed.

Oh shit, a house warming party. I found out, once asshole dumped me, my so-called friends were just that -- so-called. They sure in hell wouldn't want to be around Ginger and her redhead. Oh the scandal!! I would have to make a list. Who would, who wouldn't, and who might -- that would be fun!!

Just as we were saying goodbye to Tara, my phone rang. Kathy wanted to know where I was. Damn. I told her I would be there in five minutes. We hurried to the cave. I made apologies, quickly changed clothes and explained as she guided me through my workout. Kathy was very excited. She engaged Reenie in conversation about the details. Thankfully, Reenie did not bring up the headboard. The hour flew by. Kathy was another name for our house warming party. Yay!

After Kathy left, Reenie mentioned lunch. However, she neglected to mention that I would be lunch. Think Reenie and Ginger in the shower. Uh huh. I had a workout after my workout. My redheaded bitch actually tried to spidey me my way. I laughed so hard she got mad. I love how she takes her revenge, even if it leaves little red bite marks and very sore nipples. And that was just in the shower. Oh god, she's reading over my shoulder. I'll be back some time soon.

They call writing a solitary discipline!! I will not comment on the discipline part ... no, no. Solitary? Well, not today.

Okay, back to it. After our hunger had been sated (wink) we needed to find food. We decided to find that theater near the Dayton Mall, see what was playing and when, buy tickets, have dinner, and come back for the movie. We'd already seen 'The Vow' and 'This Means War' so the choices were 'Safe House' and 'A Thousand Words.' I asked Reenie if we could see the Denzel Washington flick. She said okay. Wow! It was just short of two hours of edge of your seat, heart pounding drama. If you care, both of us give it two thumbs up. No, it's not a chick flick.

I think that seeing a heart pounding drama might have added a little spice to our night. Then again, it might have been the two plus hours spent with our future. It might have been that we were lovers. It might have been that the sun came up in the east this morning. Reenie set the alarm before we began to say goodnight, which took a while, thankfully. It had rained fairly steadily all day. I left the windows in the cave open enough to get what fresh air there was into the room. All I remember about falling asleep was that my lips were pressed to hers, as was my body, and that it was all good!

Author's Note: As ever, this is a flight of fantasy; completely fictitious. If there is any resemblance to anyone walking among us my apologies. Another author put it so well: "The site is free. The author is 'paid' in comments and votes." I hope you've enjoyed another chapter of a rather long tale!!

This story is dedicated to someone very special -- the 'other' AVL. A little over a year and, remarkably, half a million words later, my life is so much different. Readers from all over the world have found my stories. This is an incredible site with so many gifted writers. Without her prodding, teasing and assistance I wouldn't have found my muse. She saw talent I had no clue I possessed. She saw growth while I struggled to find the right words as I wrote. I'm still in awe and amazed at it all. This story lay unfinished for quite some time. I had to come back to it, finish it, and publish it as a tribute to her.