Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you for that Roy. Until recently, I was one of you. When Reenie surprised me this afternoon I made the decision to introduce her to some of the people who are important to me." I saw several heads nod. "So back to business -- everything okay here?" No one said a word. "Okay, I'm off to visit with the 'Dolls.' Come find Jodi or me if you need anything, okay?" I smiled, stood, and left. Jodi and Reenie were still sitting in my office. I saw Jodi looking at the promise ring. She and Reenie seemed to be getting along famously.

I headed to Tammy's room, listened for a little bit, and entered. "How's everybody doing?" Tammy's eyes were dark with anger. The atmosphere was tense; the room was quiet. "Ladies, speak your mind."

Deanna was the first to speak. "Ginger, I'm not comfortable with you and your lover."

Much to my surprise, Natalie jumped in to defend me. "Deanna, we know about your beliefs. Just let Ginger live her life. She's not asking you to do something you don't believe in. She introduced us to Reenie. Give her some credit. That can't have been easy." I looked at Tammy; she winked at me. Okay!!

"Deanna, I appreciate your speaking up. My life is not what I imagined it to be several months ago. I never believed I might be interested in, let alone in a relationship with, a woman. I really do love my Reenie. I guess all I can hope for is that you'll accept me for not just who I was but who I am. Emily may be Ginger, and I may have gone from having a husband to being in love with a woman, but I'm still who I've always been."

Smart ass to the last, Kayla chimed in, "Yeah, but you're the boss." Everyone laughed.

"Yeah, and I'm very glad. Get some work done okay? Don't spend the rest of the afternoon talking about me." I smiled, waved, and left.

Jodi was back at her desk. I slumped in my chair. Reenie looked at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it was a little rough but it will be okay. There was some resentment when I was named to replace George. That always happens. And now there's this. So we'll see. At the end of the day you can only come out once, right? Besides Reenie, you're important to me. My work does not define my life or who I am. You, and my work, are important to me." You coming here today ..." I shrugged and shook my head. "Ah the hell with it, I'm just glad to see you."

There was a knock on the door. It was Kayla, who asked, "Ginger, may I please have a moment. Oh, hey Reenie. It was nice to meet you. Mind if I talk to the boss for a few minutes?"

"I'm gonna give you two some privacy. It was nice meeting you too Kayla." She gave me a kiss and closed the door.

Kayla sat and said, "Ginger, I'm gay. I don't broadcast it but I've been with someone for nearly five years. Good for you. Your Reenie is gorgeous. You deserve to be happy; we all do. It seems Tammy knew. We'll keep Deanna in check, don't you worry about that. I like having you as our boss and not because you're a woman. You're smart and creative. Doing what you did today shows a whole lot of guts too."

Excuse me while I sit here stunned! Kayla is black, a former basketball player who majored in marketing. Lean and lanky, she is really sharp and a very, very good worker. No way would I have guessed. Nor does it matter.

"Well, thank you, first and foremost. I appreciate your support and your candor. I certainly won't reveal what you just told me. This is work. Our personal lives are nobody's damn business. It was my choice to tell everyone today, just like it's yours not to. We're good Kayla." She smiled, we bumped fists and she left, leaving the door open.

"Jodi, would you come in here please?" When she did I said, "Let's make tomorrow pizza Friday, except let's get subs or something. We're going to have the entire group together for lunch. I want this done with."

"You got it boss. I'll get menus to each team and take their orders." Jody beamed. "Good idea Ginger." Reenie had come in and sat in the other chair while we were talking.

"What the hell time is it anyway?"

Reenie looked at her watch. "Almost 4:30; you want to skedaddle?"

"Yeah, let's go get a drink and decide what to do about dinner. You have any ideas?"

"I know it's odd but I wouldn't mind going back to that restaurant we were at Saturday. Their food was really good!"

"Oh, you mean The Filling Station? Yeah, that really was good. Do you have a change of clothes at the cave?"

"Yeah, of course I do." Reenie shook her head and said, "Geez, your mind really is off track today."

"I know babe. I'm sorry. Let's go." We headed to the cave. The plan was to drop off Reenie's car and take mine to the restaurant. Reenie had other plans. That woman of mine is an inexhaustible pool of energy. As we made love one more time she told me, her eyes wet with tears, how proud and how grateful she was. I had stood up for myself, for her, and for us. While our hips rocked together, the pink plastic inside each of us, her kisses, her fingers, and her voice were soft. I locked my legs around her, grabbed her sweet ass with my hands, and gave us both what she wanted. After, we lay side by side, breathless, smiling, messed, mussed, satisfied lovers.

"Reenie, I have no idea how I'm going to muster the energy to shower and go to dinner. You've liquefied me. It's absolutely wonderful." She giggled and dragged me to the shower. She thoroughly washed my hair -- twice. The hot water soothed me even as her fingers and tongue dragged me, again, through her spin cycle of pleasure. Her tongue teased and played with the winkling rosebud while her fingers teased, tortured, and pleasured me inside and out. I moaned, begging her to stop. I trembled, crying out when she wouldn't and another blinding blast of pleasure burst from deep inside me. Even as my body shook, my legs wobbled and I sobbed, afraid I would collapse, she kept after me. When I was certain I had nothing left to give, she tore another from me.

Drained, I leaned against my redhead as she dried me. I pleaded with her to let me sleep as she dressed me. I whined as she buckled me into the car. I muttered curses as I slumped against the car door. She laughed at my protests as we walked into the restaurant. She sat next to me in the booth. I leaned against the wall with my eyes at half mast. She ordered drinks and food for both of us. She took my left hand and kissed the ring finger. I smiled.

"There's no way I can tell you how much I love you, Ginger." She kissed my neck. "I try to show you. Our lovemaking is only part of who we are. I'm so proud to wear this ring. I'm so happy!" I opened my eyes. My honey had tears again.

"Maureen Henry, listen up. I know that you love me. However we say or show it is just perfect. What's most important is that I love you and you love me. Period. End of story." I took another sip of my beer. "You and Jodi seemed to get along very well. She's pretty wonderful isn't she?" Reenie smiled and nodded. "Did she tell you how far along she is?"

"Yeah, she's so excited about having a baby. It's so sweet. Your boss seems like a really nice guy too."

"George? Yeah, he's the best. I had no idea I would ever get the chance to be a boss, but just about everything I do I learned from him. He's got a fabulous wife. Once we get settled I'd like to have George and Janet over for dinner." Dinner was served. I realized I was ravenously hungry. The burger was tasty. Excuse the rather unladylike term but I wolfed it down. The good news was that, for whatever the reason, the food revived me. Reenie was a very grateful recipient of my rejuvenation. Back in the cave, her cries gave voice to her bliss. Her bliss and her cries lasted deep into the night. I'm smiling as I type. Viva la second wind.

Tuesday, April 24th -- We had our lunch. I had spoken with Tammy and Roy, asking each of them to let everyone from both teams to know that questions of any kind could and would be taken without any repercussions or hostility. There were very few comments or questions. I wasn't sure whether I should be pleased or frustrated. After we'd cleared the remnants of lunch, Chris's team retreated to their room. I had sat with his group in the morning and Tammy's after lunch. It was bothersome that my presence in the rooms seemed to dull the enthusiasm and creativity. I could only hope that it would diminish in the days and weeks to come.

Thursday, April 26th -- I was a wee bit nervous going to the doctor's appointment. Only Mother Nature could arrange to have my period arrive when I was in the shower. Well, at least it gave Dr. Baran a reason to watch as I did my breast exam. She affirmed I was doing it correctly and thoroughly.

"Ginger, the mammogram came back clean. I want to see you in three months. It's strictly precautionary," she said with a smile. Okay. Later that morning I called Reenie, as I had promised. She was relieved, of course, but dismayed to learn I'd gotten my period. I smiled -- I figured it was because the bedroom furniture was to be delivered tomorrow.

We had dinner together before my visit from Kathy. We spent quite some time talking about details. We talked about stuff like landscaping. Reenie laughed when I asked about cutting the grass. She'd never done it. She would be at the house early to greet the cleaning crew on her day off. Katie had called late Monday with a quote. It seemed a little expensive but I suspected it was because it was being done on rather short notice. That was on me. I had already given Reenie a key to the house. Tara called this afternoon to say the delivery truck would be there late morning. Reenie would instruct the crew to do the master bedroom first, then the kitchen and the other bedroom. The rest would wait till Saturday. Reenie would organize and put away all of the other things that were being delivered. Hell no she didn't mind. She viewed it as her home too, even though we hadn't agreed on a firm date for her to move in.

My cramps had been particularly bad today. I was tired, so some of the talking was done in bed. We were both excited about tomorrow. It was kind of comical. As of tomorrow, we would both have clothes in three locations: the cave, the crash pad, and the house. I slept very well and dreamt of being with my redhead -- in our home, in our bed.

Friday, April 27th -- Yay; today is the day. Reenie had the day off. I had to work. But we were both excited. After the usual morning routines and dressing, we stopped for breakfast.

After we had both ordered, I said to Reenie, "I know it sounds a bit silly, but once I finally get in the house I'll feel like I've rejoined humanity. It feels like I've been a nomad forever." I reached and covered her hand with mine. "The only thing that's better than being there will be when you join me." My honey smiled.

"I know, Ginger, I feel the same way. I haven't lived in a house since I was a kid. I feel like I have to pinch myself sometimes the way my life has turned. Meeting you, the chance to live together in a house, it feels like dream." Geez, I hadn't thought of that. Reenie had been in the service and is a cop. Her life ... well, I suppose it makes sense that she feels a little like it's a dream come true.

"It will take some time babe, but we'll make it a home. Our home." We had been gabbing between bites of breakfast. "I guess I better head to work." We hugged, kissed, and said our goodbyes in the parking lot. The one place I didn't want to be today was work. But I'm the boss and work is where I would be.

I got a phone call at work from Rita. The bank wanted a proof of insurance on the house. Oh my god! It never crossed my mind. I apologized, thanked Rita for calling, and placed a frantic call to Lucy Buck, my agent. My ex and I met Lucy when we first moved to town. I don't even remember how.

"Lucy, hi, this is Emily ... Rogers. Geez, it's been a while. How are you?"

"Emily! What a wonderful surprise. I'm doing just fine. How can I help you this morning?"

"Lucy, it's really a long story but I need some help right away. Bill and I are divorced."

"What? Oh my, I hope you're okay Emily."

I laughed. "Oh Lucy, I'm so much better than okay. I'm divorced, I changed my name, and I'm renting a home in Huber Heights. I completely forgot to call earlier. The realtor just called. I need insurance." I gave Lucy my new, legal name and the address of the house. When she asked about details on the house and the bank, I responded, "Lucy, I'll give you the name and phone number of the realtor who's handling things for me. Her name is Rita Cutler. She's just fabulous and she'll have all the information you need. Can you handle this today?"

"Absolutely, um, Ginger." We both laughed. "I can bind coverage as soon as I call Rita. I'll fax her a copy of the declarations page, showing a policy number and all the rest."

"Oh Lucy, I'm so glad. Thank you. I'm going to have to come by and say hello. Do I owe you any money today?"

She laughed. "Honey, it's okay. Our agency will handle everything. The company we pick will send you a bill. You'll probably even be able to pay the premiums online. Oh, now that I think of it, I'll also change your car insurance to reflect the new address. Is there a garage?

"Yup, sure is."

"Okay good. I'll take care of everything. Ginger, give me a call when you want to come by. It will be a treat to see you."

"Lucy, you're my hero. There are so many things about this house that I simply haven't thought of. I guess, with all the changes in my life, maybe we should talk about more than just insurance on the house. I'll let you go so you can call Rita. I'll talk to you soon, okay? And thanks again!" We said our goodbyes. I called Rita and told her to expect a call from Lucy. She thanked me and assured me she'd be able to fax whatever Lucy needed. Phew! Excuse the expression, but, that's one fire put out.

I wondered if there would be any more - from work. The atmosphere in each of the rooms Friday was very collegial. I admit that I was both pleased and relieved. It felt as though a confrontation, or the potential for one, had subsided.

Reenie called around one, as excited as I've ever heard her. "Ginger, the bedroom set is even more fabulous than it looked. It's gorgeous. The dresser, the nightstands, lamps, all of it -- I just love it! There are boxes everywhere in the kitchen." She laughed. "It'll take me a while to get everything put away but I love it. It already feels like home. The cleaning crew was wonderful. The bathroom smells so clean and the there isn't a dust ball anywhere. They even wiped down the inside of all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen." How cute is she? I could visualize her bouncing up and down as she was talking. "I can't wait till you come home. Where are we going for dinner tonight?"

Reenie's enthusiasm and joy were contagious. I was smiling and nodding. She was talking so fast she was like a runaway truck. I wanted to jump through the phone and kiss her. I settled for, "Baby, I don't know, whatever you want. It's your day off. You pick the place tonight okay. You sound so happy, Reenie. I love you bunches."

"Is everything okay there Ginger?"

"Oh yeah, everything is great. I suppose I should pretend to get some work done today right? I'll see you soon okay? Have fun with your unpacking and the rest." I couldn't stop smiling after the call ended. I admit that I floated through the rest of the work day and was very happy when it ended.

I headed home. I love saying that. Yeah, it's our home now. But that Friday ... no, even then I admit that I thought of it as our home. It's okay really. Perhaps it's occurred to you that we really haven't known each other all that long. I know. Yet it feels like she's been part of my life for a long time. I stopped trying to understand it some time ago. I just revel in what is rather than questioning why. Did you see the movie 'Good Will Hunting?' There's a bit by Robin Williams' character that's something like this: "She's not perfect sport, neither are you. It's all about whether you're perfect for each other." Trust me on this: I'm not perfect. Reenie? Nah, she's not either. But we seem to be 'peas and carrots.' How? You want the truth? I don't know and I don't care.

I smiled when I saw Reenie's Accord in the driveway. I pulled my car next to hers. She bounded out of the front door just as I closed the door. She kissed me and dragged me inside. Hi neighbors! Oh well. Reenie was in shorts and a tee shirt tied in a knot under her breasts. Umm, no, she wasn't wearing a bra. Maybe the workbench would get its first use before dinner. She babbled as she dragged me into the master bedroom. I stopped dead in my tracks. Reenie had the bedroom arranged beautifully. The bed was made, the duvet was gorgeous, and the pillows were scattered in casual perfection. I marveled at Tara's creation come to life. It was fabulous, it was feminine and it felt, no, it was -- home!

In just those few minutes I was unhappy that the whole damn house wasn't done. Yeah, I knew it was completely silly. It spoke more about my need than reality. And I was okay with that. Reenie took me to the bathroom. It smelled as clean as she had described and it looked fabulous. Reenie had hung the shower curtain. The towels and some of the little nothings were scattered around perfectly. Who knew my cop had a little decorator in her.

We walked from room to room. What had been cleaned today was obvious. Reenie said the crew would be back early tomorrow morning. I could tell from the tone of her voice she was disappointed that she wouldn't be here but she'd done the 'heavy lifting' today. I had the task of being here while the rest was done. This was another great recommendation from Rita. I was hungry. Reenie agreed it was time to head to dinner and mentioned going back to Texas Roadhouse. No way could I do anything but agree after all the work she'd done today.

We decided on a full slab of ribs, split two ways, with a Caesar salad, also to be split. You may remember our other visit wound up as takeout. Reenie was miffed that they didn't serve beer. After we split the salad, I shared my adventure with Rita, the bank and my insurance agent. Reenie was astounded.

"I admit I was embarrassed about not remembering all the details."

A little fire in her eyes, Reenie said, "Ginger, you're being a goof. Just because you were a homeowner once doesn't mean you would remember every last thing." Okay, I had to agree with her point.

During dinner Reenie asked about moving in permanently. I suggested that we target the end of May. When she pouted a bit I reminded her it was only five weeks away. I suggested that she bring clothes to the house tomorrow. I was planning to do the same. I mentioned that the day was coming to discuss how to divvy up expenses related to the house. She agreed with my thoughts that it might take a good five or six months to get a decent idea of how much was being spent every month. Yes, until the rest of the furniture was delivered, we would continue to share time between the cave and the crash pad. The ribs were fabulous. The dinner left us satisfied.

After being in the house, going back to the cave was a terrible letdown, especially for Reenie. But it is what it is. It gave us a taste of our future. That was a huge plus. It was too soon in my period for us to make love. That did not mean that we didn't stretch out on the bed, naked but for my panties, and love each other. We do and we did. It was, even though there was no lovemaking, extraordinarily intimate. When I fell asleep it was with a smile on my lips and love in my heart.

Saturday, April 28th -- It was painful to have Reenie leave but she did. I stopped for a donut and coffee and headed to our house. Yeah, I smiled as I thought how natural it felt to say that. I sat in the driveway, staring at the house, coffee in hand. I left the car and opened the front door. After putting the coffee and my purse on the kitchen counter, I went back to the car to grab some of my clothes from the back seat, hipped the door closed and headed to the bedroom closet. I hadn't brought much, just a couple of outfits, both business and casual, some tops, intimates, and the like. Yeah, there are two dressers -- one for each of us. I could only pray the walk-in closet would be big enough.