Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After my little emotional outburst, I was spent and embarrassed. I dried my eyes, blew my nose and thanked Georgia. "Thank you. It was really sweet of you to sit with me. I wish I'd kept my goddamn mouth shut."

I kissed her but before I could say goodbye, Georgia said, "Don't be a moron!" Stunned, I pulled away. "Sorry, that was harsh. What I meant was – this had to come out, Ginger. Reenie loves you. You two have never really had any kind of argument have you?" Well, kinda. I shook my head. "I didn't think so. Yeah, she has her reasons, but she's a jerk for not telling you. And I'll bet a dollar Candy is going to tell her exactly that." She saw the look in my eyes and smirked. "No, I'm not gonna tell you. Reenie has to." She shrugged. "Or maybe Candy will; I don't know exactly. Stop putting the blame for this on your shoulders. That's just stupid. And you're not stupid." I took a few minutes to process all that.

"Thanks, I think." She laughed. "You're right, it does have to come out. I don't care what the details are. What I care about is that woman of mine. This is important to her and I want to know. Everybody has a past." I took a deep breath. "You're the first person I've told about this, Georgia. I was kidnapped, left in a remote forest, and raised by ... Ow!" Bitch pinched a nipple. (Kinda felt good!)

"Get outta here ya goof. Go home, drink some wine while you soak in the tub, and go to bed." One last kiss and I left.

In the car, I thought about home. The wine and bath sounded good. I didn't want to sleep in our bed alone. I made up my mind just that quickly. I stopped, bought a bottle of wine and headed to my destination.

The Country Inn & Suites had rooms available. Yay me. I was able to use my Carlson Club points and got the room for free. The room was still bright and well appointed. The Jacobs Creek Shiraz (twist top cap!) was wonderful. The bath was hot and soothing. I really didn't feel very sexy but ribboning myself ... what? I just wanted to, okay?

Saturday morning was bright and sunny. Why doesn't the weather know my mood? Cloudy, windy, and rainy works!

Breakfast was free, which made that decision easy. I stayed in the room and wrote out the rest of the invitations. I'd get the addresses when I got home, which I was in no hurry to do.

I stopped, bought some groceries, and headed home. It was just past noon. My phone hadn't rung if you were wondering. I turned the car off in the garage. I hated the thought of going into that empty house that we (gulp!) love so much. I opened the windows, put away the groceries, and turned on my computer. I'm writing this in the present, but I still can't talk about this, let alone type it, without laughing. You know how jokes get passed around? Among all the other stuff was something that came on Friday. It's just too funny not to share.

Subject: Canadians talk orgasm

From: Charlie (last name and email redacted)

To: Ginger Butler (email redacted)

Date: June 1, 2012 3:35 PM EDT

A professor at the University of British Columbia was giving a lecture on 'Involuntary Muscular Contractions' to his first year medical students.

Realizing this was not the most riveting subject, the professor decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and said, "Do you know what your asshole is doing while you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "Probably moose hunting with his buddies."

It took 45 minutes to restore order in the classroom.

Thank you for the laugh Charlie, wherever you are!

I finished the invitations, looked online for the address of the Huber Heights post office, and rushed to drop them off. Phew, just made it. Good, that's done. Let me hurry back to my empty home and sit and stare at the walls. Ugh!

I put on one of the bikinis Janice had recommended. Yeah, I smiled a little. After grabbing some lotion and a towel, I slathered up, unhooked the back of the top, and lay on my tummy.

I woke up when I felt hands on my legs and kisses on my neck. I smiled. My honey is home! I relaxed. Yeah lover, you can do whatever you want for as long as you like.

"Ginger, where did you get the cute bikini?" I froze. Candy? Her voice was in my ear and the hands were ... I sat up and turned around. A smirking Georgia looked at me.

"How the hell did you two double freakin' bitches get into my house?"

"How do you think? With a key."

"No goddamn way. Only Ree ... where is she? Did you bri ... what's going on?"

"I told her she wasn't welcome at the crash pad anymore and told her to go home."

"Really? And she agreed? Just like that?"

Candy and Georgia looked at each other. "Absotively not. She put up one hell of a fight, as you can imagine."

"What kind of word is that?" I shook my head. "Where is she?"

"Absolutely and positively combined; the hell with the word." I glared. "I'm not impressed. I told her to stay in the bedroom until we came and got her. Sit down Ginger. We got some talkin' to do." I felt Georgia behind me. She put the back of my bikini together and whispered something in my ear. I giggled. Yeah, she may have copped a feel.

"Can one of you get the wine out of the fridge and bring it to me with a glass. I have a feeling I'm gonna need it."

While Georgia went to get what I'd asked for, Candy began. "You know she loves you right?" I made a face. "Yeah, it's a stupid question. You know she went to West Point." I nodded. "She was in ROTC in high school." Huh? "West Point is in New York. Which means it was far away from where she grew up. And it was something of a sanctuary."

I was missing something and didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle. "Sanctuary?"

"Come on Ginger, you're too smart to be this dense." I was on edge anyway and didn't like being talked to like this.

"I can't take her but I sure in hell can you. Now stop with the atti ..." I took a breath. "I'm sorry, Candy. Go ahead."

"She was abused from about nine until she left." The tears started at the word 'abused' and didn't stop. I heard bits and pieces. Stepfather ... politician ... big shot ... mother ... police. My face was in my hands as I sobbed. The woman I love. Geezuz. I'm crying as I type. She insisted I put this in the story. I really didn't want to. Anyway, back to Candy.

"Reenie found that the military wasn't quite the 'shelter' she'd hoped for." She looked at me carefully. "She didn't talk much about her time did she?" I shook my head.

"I didn't think much of it at the time but no, she really didn't." Candy nodded.

"Everything she did in high school was to build a résumé to get into West Point – and out of the house. Sports, ROTC, all of it." I nodded. "Sorry Ginger, I'm jumping around a lot. She was in the service when she put in an application to the Dayton Police Department and was accepted. She came here not knowing a soul."

"Where is she from?"

"Kodiak, Tennessee." Three heads turned to the voice. I was on my feet in a second, my arms around my honey, crying. I kissed her like I hadn't had water for weeks. I'd been in love once, but that was underbelly of the pig pale compared to the glorious rainbow of colors that was the splendor in my arms. "I love you Ginger. I'm sorry."

I slid my fingers into a beautiful head of red hair and whispered, "I never want to spend a night like I had last night."

"Me either gorgeous. These two bitches yelled at me until the sun came up." Snickers bubbled behind us. Eyes locked on mine, she said, "My last name isn't Henry."

Three voices screamed, "WHAT?"

She hissed over my shoulder, "Shut up!!" To me, she said, "It's my grandfather's first name. My last name is Ross. I changed it when I turned eighteen to make it harder to find me." She shrugged. "I really didn't think they would, given how things went. But I ..." she stopped, took a deep breath and said, "I didn't want to take any chances."

"Emily Rogers? Maureen Ross? Nuh uh, lover. We are who we are now - Ginger Butler and Reenie Henry." We kissed.

I looked in those gorgeous blue eyes and sang, softly (and badly), "I hate you some, I love you some ..." my eyes filled, "and I missed you the most." She smiled and nodded.

"I missed you too Ginger."

The air had been sorta, kinda let out of the proverbial balloon. I'd been so worried about Reenie that, now that she was home, what was there to worry about. Interesting – even as we stood arm in arm, it felt like something was about to happen. With these two around, I could never be too sure!! Friends? Yes. Temptation? Oh my gawd!!

Desperate to diffuse what I thought 'might' happen, I offered, "Anyone care to go out for dinner?" God, I'm an idiot!

"Why go out when we can dine in?" See what I mean?

"Candy, shut the fuck up. Ginger is being nice. You don't have to turn everything into something sexual."

Candy was looking at me the whole time Georgia was talking. I'd seen that look before and not that long ago.

"Maybe Ginger can make up her own mind what she wants for dinner." The innuendo was obvious; I blushed.

My blue eyes had been taking it all in. Her voice chilly, she said, "Candy, I love you. And I swear to god, if you keep pushing I'll turn you into dust." The warm never left her eyes and I knew she wasn't kidding!! Georgia did as well.

"Let's go you. We have to get to work and they have to get busy enjoying their weekend. Say goodbye!"

I thanked Candy and Georgia for what they'd done. I'd learned more as time went on. How they all had met, how it had played out, and, most importantly, how sweet the two of them were. Kisses and hugs all around; we waved goodbye as their car headed down the street. After the door closed, Reenie laid her head on my shoulder.

Her voice plaintive, she asked, "Are you okay knowing what happened to me?" I had wondered how she'd ask.

I took her face in my hands, kissed her softly and said, "I think the question is: How do you feel about me knowing?"

It took her a little time. She looked and said, "As dumb and dumber told me, I was being an idiot thinking you would think less of me." I stared in disbelief. "I'm sorry Ginger, honestly I am. I was scared." She shrugged her shoulders. "Silly maybe, but it was real, at least to me." I nodded my head. Annoyed? Yes of course. Angry? No, not one bit.

"It's probably not something you were real eager to share." That led to me asking, "Speaking of which, Georgia sorta hinted that they knew, without telling me." I wanted to be sure to add that. "How did that come to be?"

"You mind if we sit on the couch while we talk?"

I smiled. "Not in bed?"

She pinched a nipple playfully. "Later, if you're lucky."

I rolled my eyes. "You know as well as I do this is best discussed on the couch." This silliness was said as we walked.

"Were you lonely here without me?" I saw her chin buckle.

"I didn't come back here babe." Her head turned, eyes showing surprise. "I spent the night at a hotel." A nod let me know she knew where I'd stayed. "I did the invitations after breakfast and, after coming home for the addresses, hurried to the post office. Got there just in time too." I smiled. "What's with dumb and dumber?" She laughed. "Seriously, you wanna talk about it?" I thought I should give Reenie a chance if she wanted to. I wasn't going to push if she didn't.

We sat, holding hands. I could feel her uneasiness, odd as it might sound, in her hand. The closest thing I can call up in my memory bank is an electric current which, you may have guessed, had been there since we met!!

"My mother told me my father died when I was very young. She remarried after a while." Her eyes slid to me. "I hated him!" Her voice was ice and anger. I wanted to hold her, comfort her, and I would ... when she was finished. "She was shopping. I was home alone ... with him." She shivered, remembering. "I hated him with a passion!!" My eyes teared.

"I was nine the first time." Candy said that. Voice flat, she continued, "It hurt. I learned quickly never to be alone with him." A short, sharp laugh. "That didn't work; he'd come into my bedroom at night." A deep sigh. "Puberty only made it worse. It gave him more ways to abuse me." I wanted to throw up; my jaw hurt from clenching my teeth so tightly.

Several minutes passed before she continued. "He made me do ... other things." I closed my eyes. "My idiot mother was no help; she refused to believe me. Nice huh?" She shook her head. "I only had two choices; leave or kill myself." I leaned in, took the woman I wanted to spend a life with in my arms, and held her as we cried. Cried for ... all of it!!

The sun was long gone when we woke after making love – emotionally, frantically and more. Hunger ruled. McDonald's won. Think Big Mac and special sauce!! Let your minds wander. Ours may have! Ginger & Reenie: not tellin!

Sunday was better. My minx insisted I say so! She's somewhat persuasive so I have. I'll be back ... shrug ... soon!

Have I mentioned that I'm writing this while we're on our ho ... Will you stop that!?!?

She didn't. I'm glad!

About work – I spent Monday in the conference room as the teams wrapped up their work on the project. There were a couple of times I had to stop and ask for clarification on some pieces they'd done. I'm not sure who was more surprised – me or the others in the room. I'll leave out the specifics and just say this: I pointed out (gently) that if I had questions, others might as well. Everyone froze; that was my point. I asked the group to put their heads together and see if there were different words (and pictures) that could tell the story just a bit more clearly. It happens. Tammy and I had it happen to us. What was clear to us wasn't to George when we presented him with our story boards. No big deal.

We went out to lunch on Tuesday as planned. Sadly, what should have been fun went south very quickly. Yup – Deanna. It was just casual conversation between workers, friends. There was no reason for it to get out of hand. Tammy asked me about my weekend. I skirted the personal stuff that no one needed to know.

"We had a pretty fun, casual Saturday. A little after getting back from the post office, Reenie's roommates, Candy and Georgia, showed up. They're always a hoot to be with. Candy bitched a little about the hot tub not being ready to use."

"So not only are the two of you lesbians, her roommates are as well?" Deanna shook her head in disgust.

I saw the anger in Kayla's face. No, no, no, don't Kayla, she's not worth it. But I think she'd finally had enough.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Ginger didn't say they were, and what difference does it make if they are? They're her friends. That they might be lesbians is not only no one's business, it's completely irrelevant." I'd never seen Kayla so angry; I think that's the reason this happened. "You never had any problem with Ginger before, Deanna. Now that she's come out to us, you can't even be civil around her? You gonna feel that way about me too?" A few gasped; everyone was shocked. "That's right, I'm gay, and I live with the love of my life. Her name is Brittney. You gonna treat me like you treat Ginger, you bitch!" I felt awful for Kayla, not what she'd said, but what had set her off that led to this.

"You're one of them too? Oh my god."

"One of them? What kind of person are you, Deanna?" I was shocked at the vehemence in Chris's voice. "It's not only disgusting, it makes you look like a jackass."

This had to stop. "Everybody calm down please." I looked at Deanna. "This can't continue Deanna. There's only one person who's being offensive and it's you. Stop it; you have the right to your beliefs but you do not have the right to speak to people the way you do. Forget that I'm your boss; I'm speaking to you as a woman and a friend."

"You're not my friend. You're a lesbian, living in sin, and you're going to hell." She stood up, threw her napkin on the table, and said, "I've had enough abuse from you idiots." She looked around the table. "Bad enough that there's one; now I find out that there is another." Her face was red with fury. Without another word, she turned and left.

Jodi cried softly; Tammy's arm was around her shoulder. There was an uneasy, embarrassed silence. Okay Ginger, time to be the boss. "I'm sorry about all this. It's unfair that all of you had to witness what happened. As I understand it, she's made many, if not all of you uncomfortable." I looked at Kayla, who seemed very calm. "George is aware of all that's been going on. I intend to speak to him when we get back."

Roy Massey, the most senior of the group, spoke up. "Ginger, this doesn't reflect badly on you." All around the table, heads nodded. "Gays are everywhere. You showed a lot of character when you introduced Reenie. It hadn't been all that long since you'd been promoted. Not everybody was comfortable, but that's on us, not on you."

Nick Moore chimed in with, "Damn right. We knew you as Emily; Ginger wasn't quite as much a shock as meeting Reenie and finding out who she is to you." I had to laugh. A few others did as well.

"Thanks Nick. I appreciate that!"

Natalie asked the obvious. "What's next Ginger?"

With a glance at Jodi, I said, "As I mentioned, I'll huddle with George. I'm guessing he'll want me to talk to Human Resources to make sure we follow whatever guidelines need to be followed." A wry smile. "Is that vague enough?"

Another surprise was waiting for us when we got back. Jodi picked up a piece of paper on her desk, glanced at it and handed it to me. Good lord, Deanna quit. I looked at Jodi and shrugged. I didn't want her to see the relief I felt. I went into my office and called George, who asked me to come up immediately.

I stopped in front of Jodi's desk to ask, "Are you okay?" She smiled.

"I was unhappy for you and angry at Deanna. I felt kind of silly crying." I gave her a kiss.

"I'll be back soon. I think I'd like to talk with everyone in the conference room, okay?" She nodded. Off I went.

I showed the letter to George. His eyes showed surprise, the only visible reaction. I gave him chapter and verse about lunch. He listened, nodding occasionally. When I finished, he asked a simple question. "Are you okay?"

"I think so, yes. I'm relieved and upset. Upset is silly; upset that Kayla gave in or whatever and said what she did." I raised a hand as George was about to speak. "I know, not my problem." He nodded. "She told me privately. I just don't like that she was provoked into something she may not have wanted made public. I'll be quiet now."

"You're funny, Ginger, but I understand how you feel ... or I think I do. What's next?"

"I'll have Jodi call Reed and get an update on what he's doing to see if he's available." He nodded.

"Sounds good to me. Please keep me informed. By the way, Janet told me to ask if you want her to bring anything to the housewarming party." He smiled. "I'm just being the good husband."

I shook my head. "I'm looking forward to seeing Janet again, George. I'm cheating and am having the party catered. My insurance agent gave a glowing recommendation to a local company. I'd better get back. I need to tell everyone the news." On the elevator I thought – the good news.

There was a surprise I thought I'd write about. After I'd told everyone that Deanna had quit, and after the room had quieted a little bit, Bryan Tillman surprised me by asking, "What about the extra ticket?" Everybody laughed – Bryan was a huge Reds fan. I'm sure he had a reason for asking; maybe there was someone he wanted to bring.

Roy stunned me when he offered, "I think Ginger should bring Reenie." If there's a shade of red called volcano, I'm positive that was my face!! To call me surprised would be a drastic understatement. Tammy enthusiastically voiced her approval. After two or three others had as well I stood and said, "You're all guaranteed really good reviews." Peals of laughter echoed off the walls. "Seriously, thanks very much. My cop ..." I shrugged, "I'll ask if she can go." Looking at Bryan, I smiled and said, "At least one of you may be disappointed if she can." He laughed.