Emotionless Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry. I forgot my towel and didn't realize until after I showered. I was hoping you'd still be asleep." Lauren said nonchalant. She figured this would happen, it was just her luck, there was no reason to be embarrassed.

Harper's face grew red "It's ok. How did I get here? Where am I? Did we...?" she started to trail off. Her face now as red as a cherry.

"Calm down 20 questions. You were very drunk and I couldn't find your friends. So I took off early and brought you here. I was going to take you home but you were already passed out when I tried to find out where you lived. And no, we didn't have sex. I put you in my bed and I slept on the couch. What time do you have to be at the courthouse?" Lauren walked to the bathroom.

"Fuck. I am so sorry. Um I have to be there around 8:30. What time is it?" Harper headed to the bedroom to take the medicine that was left out on the nightstand for her.

"It's 7:15. Once I get dressed we can go to your house so you can get ready. If you don't mind, I need a ride to the courthouse. My sister can take me home from there. But a coworker has my jeep." Lauren put on her briefs and slid on a button down shirt as she spoke.

"I have clothes in my car actually. I can just get ready here. If you don't mind that is." Harper walked to the bathroom, trying to avoid watching Lauren's body.

"That's fine. I'll go grab them for you. There's an extra toothbrush in that drawer. Towels are, well, I guess you know where those are eh?" Lauren grinned as she pulled on her dark-wash khakis.

Harper laughed and rolled her eyes. She started to get undressed. Lauren left as soon as she noticed Harper was taking off her clothes. She put on her Vans and grabbed Harper's keys. She found a bag of clothes in the trunk and headed back inside. She laid the bag on her bed, on the way to the kitchen she shouted at the bathroom door "your bag is on the bed."

Lauren went to the kitchen and looked in her cabinets and fridge for food. She figured she'd make some breakfast. She didn't have much. It was rare that Lauren felt like or even remembered to eat. She was used to going days without meals, so she didn't keep many groceries other than beer. She found a bag of bagels and cream cheese that she had bought a few days ago. She put a bagel in the toaster and made two glasses of water. Harper came out of the bathroom, grabbed a towel out of the closet and headed to the bedroom. Lauren couldn't help but notice. Her eyes skimmed Harper's short, petite body. Lauren shook the thoughts from her head, she promised Jessica not to do anything with this girl. "When you are done, I made breakfast." Lauren grabbed the bagel from the toaster and put cream cheese on it.

"Thanks." Harper replied from the room. She quickly came out, all dressed up. She was in a nice red shirt with a black blazer and black skirt that matched. She wore black, pointed heels. Her hair was up in a perfect ponytail. Lauren looked up from her half of the bagel and gave Harper a crooked smirk. Harper went to the counter and took her half of the bagel. "You are a regular Rachael Ray aren't you? She took a bite.

"I try" Lauren finished her bagel and took a sip of her water. She headed to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. Then she did her regular routine for her. She sprayed on some cologne, when she came out, Harper was putting up the dishes. "You don't have to do that. I will do it when I get home later."

Harper continued what she was doing "it's the least I could do. Plus I'm already done. Ready to go?"

Lauren nodded. She grabbed her wallet and phone from the living room while Harper got her things. They headed out together. Harper drove to the courthouse. "Should I park farther back? So nobody sees us together?" she asked as the pulled into the lot.

"Yeah I think so and I'll walk in first." Lauren agreed with her.

"Okay. I have to go in through the juror entrance anyways." Harper pulled the car into a spot in the very last row.

They headed their separate ways to the same destination. Lauren went through the same way she did yesterday. The guard wasn't there this morning though, probably had the day off. She went the security routine and headed to the courtroom. Of course Linda and Jessica were already there.

Jessica immediately saw Lauren "You look horrible." She hugged Lauren's neck.

"Thanks, asshat." Lauren hugged her back.

"Alright ladies. The judge said the jury was able to come up with a verdict on the case." Linda said in a singsong voice. "All we have to do today, is go in and listen."

"Sounds good. We can we go in?" Lauren asked.

"We can sit now, but it doesn't start for another 15 minutes." Linda replied.

"Well let's go." Jessica said.

They headed inside and took their seats. Jessica looked at Lauren "What time did you get off last night?"

"Around 1 AM. I had to take off early." Lauren replied.

"Then why do you look like you haven't slept?"

"I don't know. I'll be okay. I have tonight off."

They sat there in silence until everyone came in and the jury and the judge sat down. The judge grumbled "The evidence and statements have been presented to the jury. They have readied their decisions. Juror number one please stand." The juror did as told. "For the count of abuse, how do you find the defendants?"

The juror replied "Guilty."

"For the count of neglect, how do you find the defendants?" the judge continued.

"We find the defendants Guilty."

"And for the count of rape, how do you find the defendants?"

"Guilty."

"The jury has made it's decision. Guilty on three accounts. The defendants are hereby sentenced to 5 years on each count, in addition to their other 50 years." the judge banged his gavel and walked out. Mrs. Smith began to cry. Mr. Smith stared off into space. Their lawyer escorted them out of the room. Linda stood up and turned to the sisters.

"Congratulations girls, justice has been served."

"Thank you." Jessica and Lauren said. Jessica gave Linda a hug, Lauren shook her hand but Linda pulled her in for a hug.

"Keep in touch okay?" Linda gave them a final hug and left the room.

The sisters left shortly after her. "Hey can you give me a ride home? Jennifer has my jeep." Lauren asked.

"Then how did you get here?" Jessica questioned.

"Come on, stop with the questioning. Can I get a ride or not?"

"Fine. But you better have not went to that guard's house."

Lauren shook her head and followed Jessica to her car. As they were walking out Lauren texted Jennifer "Can you come over? Bring me my jeep, I'll take you out for lunch."

They got to Jessica's car. Lauren looked over towards Harper's car. She could see her walking towards it. Harper noticed Lauren to and smiled at her. Lauren smiled back. Jessica looked at Lauren then Harper. "Are you serious? Is that how you got here? What did we tell you?" Jessica questioned sharply.

Lauren sat down in the passenger seat "She came in the club last night wasted. I couldn't find her friends so I took her to my apartment and let her sleep in my bed. I slept on the couch. Nothing bad. Promise."

"You better hope nobody ever finds out about that. Or the both of you will be in serious shit." Jessica scolded her.

"I know. I didn't want to, believe me. I even told her not to talk to me until after the trial but I couldn't leave her there or let the bouncers take care of her."

Jessica shook her head and took off towards Lauren's place. "When are you getting your jeep?"

"Whenever Jennifer wakes her lazy ass up." Lauren checked her phone.

"So tomorrow?" Jessica laughed, "What are you doing today?"

"Hanging out around the apartment. Have to do laundry and maybe clean. What about you?"

"I have a job interview later. Personal Assistant."

"Goodluck." They pulled up to Lauren's apartment and she got out. "Thanks for the ride. See you later."

"See ya." Jessica left.

Lauren's phone went off as she walked to her door. It was from Jennifer "Be there in 30."

Lauren went inside and turned on the TV. She sprawled out on her couch. An hour later she heard a knock at her door. She checked, it was Jennifer. She opened the door, "Took your time didn't you."

"Listen Lauren I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me okay." she stammered.

"Calm down, I don't have anything else planned today. It's not a big deal." Lauren knew something was up. Jennifer rarely called her by her first name.

"No not that. Lauren I'm so sorry. Your jeep. I got in an accident on the way home. I must have dozed off." Jennifer said hurriedly.

12