Emotionless Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she got into her apartment, Lauren tossed her keys onto the table as she took her shoes and socks off. She was exhausted, the walk to Jennifer's was enough to sober her up. She plugged her phone into the charger. She thought maybe she'd text Harper in the morning. There was no problem talking to her now that the trial was over. Then Jessie came to Lauren's mind. Lauren wanted to know more about Jessie. She couldn't believe the way she felt when she saw that girl all over Jessie at the club tonight. Lauren took her shirt and jeans off before laying in bed. She laid there thinking of Jessie. She was excited to go to work tomorrow night to see her. It only took minutes before Lauren was asleep. For the first time since she stopped drinking herself to sleep, Lauren had no nightmares.

Lauren woke up a little later than usual, but she finally felt she got the rest that she needed. She threw on a t-shirt and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. She cooked two pieces of bacon and fried an egg. For some reason, every thought Lauren had it was accompanied with the thought of Jessie and what she was doing. Lauren didn't understand why she couldn't shake these thoughts of Jessie. She barely knew her and she never had feelings like this for anyone.

Lauren cleaned up after breakfast then went to shower. As she finished getting ready she heard her phone ringing in the other room. She quickly picked it up, not recognizing the number. "Hello."

"May I speak with Lauren Tripp?" the male voice said.

"I'm Lauren." she quickly replied.

"Hello, I'm Jim from your insurance agent. I see there was an accident and you made a claim."

"Yes sir. When I took it to the lot the other day the dealer went ahead and did the estimate. He said he sent it to you."

"He did. I have it here. What we need to do now is have you take your vehicle to the dealer. They can give you a rental car. We will mail you a check for the price that is listed on the claim. With that you can get your vehicle fixed or get a new car. Is the address on file still accurate?"

"Yes sir it is. When do I need to drop off my jeep?"

"At your earliest convenience. Once the dealer tells us they have the vehicle, we will process and send the check."

"Okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome. Have a nice day Ms. Tripp."

Lauren hung up and went to brush her teeth. She figured she would drop her jeep off then head to Jessica's before work to see how her interview went.

12