Enchanted Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John fell to the breakfast and within two beats realized he was ravenous. He devoured it and sopped up the spilled yolk with the bread before polishing it off and washing it down with the rest of the ale. He looked up and pushed it away, but not before considering asking for a second helping.

The door to the tavern opened behind him while he considered the merits of a second breakfast.

"About time you were up!"

John twisted and looked down. Then he looked further down. A child— no, make that a woman— strode toward him. She stopped next to him and her head barely reached his waist. Even with him being on a bar stool, she was short. Her hands were on her hips but her cleavage was what forced his attention. Her vest barely contained her enormous breasts and, from the looks of her, she didn't really want it to. Her eyes were painted with dark colors, making them stand out and giving her an overdone sultry look.

"Hello," John ventured.

"Don't you hello me, come on, we've got work to do."

John turned and looked to the barkeep. The man shrugged and shook his head.

John glanced at the stairs again and back. "Pardon me," he said. "I didn't... I mean... she wasn't..."

The barkeep snorted a laugh. "She wasn't the one last night, unless she shrunk in half! That was a lady that could lead a man to his death with a glance. Half the lads in her thought to take your place and would have, save she had no eyes for any but you."

John let the breath he'd been holding out. He nodded and turned back to the Halfling. "Well then, how do we know each other? Some past business transaction?"

She rolled her eyes. "Come on then, Master," she said with such sarcasm dripping from her mouth he thought it was fall into her cleavage and get lost. That or be smothered. "If I'm to be your apprentice, you need to start teaching me things."

John stared at her. She wasn't wearing robes or anything... wait, that looked like a magical pendant. She had a few fine looking rings as well. Perhaps... "Oh? Well, doesn't the mentor usually decide when the student learns?"

She glowered at him and glanced toward the barkeep who was doing his best to not be involved. "He does— you do— but you did promise me that today would be the day I could tell you all I learned about this place and what it is you're doing here."

John's eyes widened. "That is true. Forgive me, I'm still sharp as a tack at my age but sometimes I do get forgetful of little things."

She snorted.

"Right, we're off then," John said. "I trust you know the place to go as well?"

"Of course," she said with a roll of her eyes.

John nodded and grabbed up his spear before following her out of the tavern and into the unknown.

Here ends chapter 1. There are many more to come, don't worry!

12