Enchanted Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She curtsied and said, "Of course, milord!"

John smiled at her and slid between people until he reached the bar. He waved and caught the barkeep's attention. Once he made his way over John asked, "Messages for me?"

"Not a message so much as there were some people asking for you an hour or two back. We don't get many sailors up here, believe it or not, so they stood out."

"Any idea what ship? Or did they leave a message?"

"No to both. Just wondered if you'd been around."

"Did you tell them I was here?"

The barkeep chuckled. "Course not. I don't know if they've got trouble in mind or not, but as long as you're my paying customer, I'll not rat you out."

"At least until someone else pays more."

The barkeep laughed. "It'd take a lot more. A man who's loyalty can be bought's got no loyalty to call his own."

John smiled. "Thank you, my friend. If you do get tempted, keep in mind that when it's time for me to move on I will show my friends my favor."

The barkeep grinned back. "I'll keep that in mind... friend. Now then, is there anything I can get you?"

"A lovely young woman is taking care of me," John said.

The barkeep chuckled. "Don't let Cass or Magda know. I know Cassie has stars in her eyes around you and it's clear as day Magda's smitten."

"Well, Cassie is fetching my supper for me... but I assure you, that's all she's doing for me."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself. She could do worse, I expect."

John smiled but doubted that. She seemed a nice young girl. Ending up a plaything of a warlock pledged to a Succubus was the last thing he'd want if he had a daughter.

John stiffened and was glad the barkeep had moved on to help someone else. Children. Did John have any he didn't know about? At his age they'd be fully grown. Saints! He could have grandchildren or even great grandchildren!

He shook his head and forced a deep breath. There was no way of knowing. At least not yet... if ever.

John made his way through the crowd and climbed his stairs. He had a lot of work to do.


12