Encounters with John Wayne Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at him curiously and asked him why he was so interested in her knowledge of fishing. He nonchalantly shrugged his left shoulder and said, "I'm just impressed to find that you not only know how to fish, but you also love it. And now you miss it because you changed your life so that it took you away from being able to do things that you used to enjoy...and all because of me... why?"

She frowned slightly as she thought about how to answer that question. The truth was that she had realized from everything she read about him, that they had a lot of common interests and it had secretly made her wish that, if she'd ever gotten the chance to meet him, she might've been able to impress him with that and make him more interested in her. And now she realized that she didn't need to impress him, and it just meant that they could enjoy doing some of these things together. But, she couldn't tell him that; she was afraid that he would just turn it around on her and try to convince her stay by saying this was just more proof that they belonged together. She looked at him and smiled wryly, as she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I'm young and foolish...what else can I say?"

He knew there was more to it and that she wasn't going to tell him because it would just make her arguments about why she shouldn't stay with him sound hollow. And he was still sure that if she didn't get pregnant, she wasn't going to stay with him—no matter how badly they both wanted that. He frowned sadly as he thought about that, and he closed his eyes and said another quick prayer, asking God to grant him this one request and he'd never ask Him for anything else ever again.

As he opened his eyes and looked at her, she was staring at him with a worried look on her face again. He was determined that he was not going to keep letting their fears and worries continue to intrude on their remaining time together. He slowly smiled at her and reached his left hand up to caress her right cheek with his fingers, and said softly, "I don't think you're foolish at all, little girl. I'm glad for whatever reasons you had that brought you to me. I just hope we'll get a chance to share some of these things that we both enjoy doing so much some day."

He noticed that the sun was starting to shine in through the glass behind him more and he glanced at the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was quarter to five, and he remembered that the catered dinner was supposed to arrive at 5:30 and he needed to get ready for that. He told her that he had another surprise for her; he wanted her to stay in the master suite and take a nice, long bath, and that he had another dress for her. He wanted her to just take her time getting ready, but not to leave this room until precisely 5:45; he made her promise.

He leaned down and kissed her tenderly for a few moments, then he got up and walked over to where he had hidden the box containing the other dress and items he'd gotten for her in the closet and brought it out and set it on the end of the bed. Then he went back to the closet and grabbed his suit bag and got his toiletries bag out of the bathroom, and then told her he was going to clean up and dress in one of the other rooms because he wants to be surprised again when he first sees her in this dress. Then he went to the door and paused as he looked at her and smiled and said, "Remember...quarter to six...I'll be waiting at the bottom of the stairs." Then he crooked one of his eyebrows and grinned sexily at her and shut the door.

She smiled and half laughed; he was just full of surprises, and she was sure this one was to be a nice dinner...she wondered what else he might have up his sleeve?!! She got up on her knees on the bed and moved to the box and opened it...it was a black dress. When she lifted it up, she could see it was a halter style with a fitted waist that would leave her back completely bare to her waist. The halter-top had built in bra cups for support...thank God...because there was no other type of bra that could be worn with this dress; and it had a flowing, knee-length skirt. The outer material was a gathered layer of soft, sheer chiffon over a lining of stiff satin that made the skirt flair out slightly without having to wear those dreaded crinoline slips!

The only undergarments with this dress were a pair of black, French-cut panties with lace in the front, a lacy black garter belt and a pair of silky, thigh-high black stockings. She smiled widely as she imagined his reaction to undressing her this time and seeing her in only the black garter belt, stockings and high heels! She couldn't go through dinner without the panties on because she knew her crotch would be wet the whole time just thinking about after dinner, and she didn't want to mess up the dress. She'd just have to excuse herself to the bathroom when the meal was over and get rid of them then. She was already getting excited just thinking about it!

She hopped off the bed and went into the bathroom to start looking through the vanity cabinets to, hopefully, find the things she needed. His friend had obviously had female guests before, because there were bottles of bubble baths and shampoos and conditioners that men wouldn't use; she found some make-up in one of the drawers and a few bottles of perfume, and even a toothbrush still in its package...perfect...everything she needed to make herself look nice for him. So she showered quickly and washed and conditioned her hair with a jasmine scent, then stopped the drain and ran a bath with some jasmine scented bubble bath, and just leaned back in the tub to try to relax for a few minutes since she had almost an hour before "their date."

She was trying to stay calm, but she couldn't contain the pulses of excitement that were coursing through her body. She felt like she was a little girl again and it was Christmas Eve; she was always so excited about Christmas that she could never fall asleep until 3 or 4:00 in the morning! What amazed her the most was that, when she would get up Christmas morning, there was always some other big present under the tree for her that wasn't there when she went to bed, and she could hear everything that went on in their living room from her bedroom just down the hall. When she still believed in Santa, it could be explained by magic—he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake—but when she learned who Santa really was, her parents still managed to sneak in something big and she never did figure out how they did it!

Now, he wanted to surprise her, and she wanted to surprise him; she hoped hers would be as good as she was sure his was going to be. She laid there trying to envision what he had arranged, and how he would react when he saw her all dressed up and wearing make-up; he'd never seen her with make-up on, and she'd been told a few times that she could easily pass for a glamorous movie star when she wore it.

She couldn't stay in the tub any longer, her nerves were just too jumpy; she needed to get out and do things that would allow her to move around. So she got out and opened the drain and dried off, then wrapped the towel around her and got out the blow dryer she'd spotted in the vanity and used the comb and brush she'd found to dry her hair.

That took a good 20 minutes of her time because her hair is so thick, but she wanted to take her time and style it nicely. She usually wore it just parted down the middle, but this time she parted it down the left side, which put more layers of soft, golden waves on the right side of her face and made the left side of her hair look straighter. She offset this by using a small hair comb adorned with rhinestones, that she had also found in a drawer, to pull back and hold her hair above her left ear. She was pleased with the result; it looked fancy without being too fussy.

She brushed her teeth, then she applied some make-up; just a little concealer to hide the look of tiredness under her eyes, some dark liner around her eyelids and mascara on her lashes to enhance them; some face powder to even her skin tone a little better and a tinge of blush on her cheeks; and a dark rose lipstick that very nearly matched the natural color of her lips, but made them shine. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought, "And he thinks I'm beautiful without make-up—what will he think now?"

She went out to the bedroom to get dressed. As before, everything fit her perfectly; the panties, garter belt, hose...and the dress...it was like it had been made just for her! The halter-top closed at the back of her neck with hooks on a strip of satin, and perfectly supported her breasts making her cleavage look very sexy in the deep, plunging V-front. The sides completely covered the sides of her breasts as they angled back to attach to the sides of the dress at the waist, leaving her back from her waist up completely bare. She was able to handle the zipper on the back of this dress just fine, since it ended at her waist.

Then she stepped into the black patent leather, high-heeled shoes and looked at herself in the full-length mirror on the bathroom door; she was stunned at the image of herself that was reflected back at her. He had been all over her almost from the first moment he saw her when she just looked normal; what was he going to do when he saw her looking like this?!! The excitement was coursing through her body again and she was starting to feel nervous, like this was a first date with someone really special, and she thought, "Well, it does kind of feel like a 'date' and he sure as hell is someone special..."

She felt a slightly cooler breeze blow in through the open balcony door behind her, chilling her slightly and reminding her it was still open, so she went and closed the door. Then she noticed there was a piece of black chiffon in the box that the dress was in that turned out to be another wrap; it was several feet long and just a couple feet wide, so she draped it over her arms at her elbows and let droop across her lower back...she was ready. She put the box back in the closet and looked at the clock on the bedside table; it was 5:40—she had to wait 5 minutes before she could go out...it was the longest 5 minutes of her life!

12