End of Time

Story Info
End of time ..has come ..who was right?
1.9k words
4.1
6.7k
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/04/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the start of a story I am working on...it is unedited and needs some work . No sex and may be very little sex involved in this story. Please let me know what you think and if you want me to continue...thanks


I would like to tell you a story, or maybe its just the ramblings of an old lady, I will do my best to tell you the things as they occurred, but my thoughts may be scattered . Please bear with this old lady as I share my story.

The end had finally come, however not in the way that many people thought it would. It had a lot to do with a combination of all the different beliefs in the world. Even Hollywood had gotten some of it right with their creative imaginations.

The survivors now know that the Divine had given out the many clues in order to prepare everyone for what was happening then and what was to be expected of the future, and in the days to come.

As I sit back and reflect upon all that has happened in last couple of years, I can see the clues for exactly what they were: They were warnings, something most of us chose not to see or pay attention to, at the time.

It all started in many small ways that some people chose not to recall. On the other hand, I don't even remember it, but throughout the years the bards have heard the many stories many times, as they had the talent to retell them in the form of song.

Let's see if I can express it all in my story so that future generations will have some type of record of what has happened, since most of the documentation has been lost during the wars.

Much of it started in a time before my lifetime, so I will just tell about my time in this world..

I don't begin to understand why some people were given clues and others were not. Or for that matter, why some chose to close their eyes and hide their heads in the sand like that large flightless bird that once was plentiful on this planet.

So many animals and plant life have been lost. Which to me were much more important than the humans and other beings becoming extinct.. "Yes I said other beings because we are not the only intelligent beings on this planet. There were plenty of us in my time believed this but it wasn't until the wars broke out that we knew and saw the proof with our own eyes .

I am not a good story teller. So please understand that this will be like a journal of what I can remember happening, as I sift through my memories and read through my many notes and journals.

I guess now would be the proper time to introduce myself.. Most just call me Grandmother, not sure why that is? But I fear I can't even tell you the name I was given when I was born anymore. When you have lived for over 200 years some things no longer hold the same importance.

As you can tell by my age....the sciences learned how to slow down the aging of the human body, thanks to the Others.

I guess even as a child I saw things changing, but it wasn't till later years that I understood. We saw some great inventions back in the 80's. Stuff that we had only seen in movies. If only we knew what was to come perhaps we would not have been so carefree...

I wish today's children had some of the freedom that we had back then. ...but then again with the slowed ageing one is not an adult till they are almost 30 but with so many children running the streets without anyone does it really matter....

Like I said most of my memories start back in the 80s. That is when I first started using tarot cards or in my case I used regular old playing cards...

I realized they could tell me things if only I would listen.

My world had also started to hit some pitfalls.

Our blood family was separated and it was never to be reunited in the way many of us think a family should be.

I was passed around for a while with my younger siblings before we ended up living with my father and his wife's family.

That is when I started to truly see what a joke Christianity was, I saw so many hypocrites of that faith, saying one thing and do the opposite. It truely was a religion created to control the people.

I was never one that fit in well.

It was during this time after I went to live with my father that I had my first vision. I was so young and it scared me so badly, I saw a lovely lady, my aunt murdered. Yes it was on the astral plain.....I just thought it was a terrible dream.

That is till the next day at a family gathering when I found out it was true, which scared me even more. Not understanding what was going on or knowing who I could talk to who would not think I was strange or even crazy.

I believe it was around this time that my unicorn first came to me....again just thinking it was my specials make- believe friend.

Lots of changes between then and late 80s early 90s.

I left behind my unicorn and blocked the dreams....and the voices and so much more....I wanted to fit in....then I became a mother.

Yes during my trying to fit in I made some poor judgment calls as all young people do.

Do I regret my children never, the timing perhaps.

Many years and many things happen between then and later years...

More bad choices....swinging between Christian and who I truly was. Relationships and more children.

Most always it came from me trying to fit in ...to be normal... I have learned that is just a setting on a washing machine. Damn I miss those....(Yes the washing machine)

It was in the 20th century that more and more people were starting to go back to the old gods, and to believe that the creatures of our stories were out there somewhere. Even with all the science trying to prove it could not be....people still believed....

There had to be hope somewhere.The world they were living in was falling apart.

People were going hungry, homeless and many people were fighting in foreign wars, which were meant to protect our lives, and livelihoods.

And so much of it was all politics which often were based on people's religious beliefs.

So much for nothing when the shift came, but I will get into that more later.

We were getting ready for another presidential election, and what people really did not understand is the outcome of this election was what started the crack that caused the shift.

I can't say which candidate was the better of the two or any of that B.S.; I can't even tell you who won. Yet it was this election in this place that was called "the united states of America", which caused a ripple effect across the whole planet, which started the shift.

More and more movies and shows came out that people looked at as good entertainment in what they believed was science fiction or fantasy. What fools so many were, and still are.

Why so many did not see what was right in front of their faces and start to do some changes I do not understand.

People continued to fight among themselves, and abuse the planet we live on almost to the point of total extinction.

A few things that people did start to realize about this time was that we were poisoning ourselves with all the drugs and foreign things we were putting into our bodies both from the so called doctors and even the food we ate.

More and more people started to grow their own food like in the time of old....but a lot of it was too little too late ...our soil and even the rain that fell from the sky was contaminated.

As I said much was too little too late, the others who had always kept an eye on what the humans, half breeds(yes some had wander among us and breed), had been doing and tried in subtle , secret ways to help and protect the planet. Soon realized they were going to have to do something very soon, but at same time hoped that the humans would destroy themselves and leave the planet to them once again..... But even with in the others the evil lived, yes the forever battle of good –vs- bad.

It is in all intelligent beings, besides life would be pretty boring if we all were the same and got along all the time.

After the presidential elections many states wanted to separate from the whole of the United States of America, the wars in other parts of the world continued....the world was falling into total despair.

The Christians were hoping the end was coming.And it was just not as they wished or thought.

They preached again and again for things they believed was right or wrong....scaring many to turn from their god and many stating there was no god , afterlife, etc.

However, people went on with their lives...some making changes others keeping their head buried in the sand.

Mysterious illnesses were killing people in masses. The poisonous medicines were useless, people started returning to nature, but even that did not help much cause it had all been contaminated by the humans and their improvements and advancements.

I don't know when or who was the first to prove the others existed. Of course it started with the capture of what humans called Bigfoot or yeti. That poor creature was a half-breed of a were bear and human that for easy understanding something went wrong. Something in the DNA did not mix well and they came out as a large hairy looking person, which had trouble with social skills and communication. And with all beings or creatures some were good and some bad.

After someone trapped one of them people started wondering about some of the other "legends or stories" were true.

People really started to try to find all the other legends or mythical creatures. Many who walked right beside us but we were brainwashed as children to not see them anymore. To believe they were just stories and our imagination.

I sometimes sit and wonder why the parents and their parents started believing that it was always just stories.....even the worse lie has some truth...so why not the stories?

Well that is something to ponder at another time.

As I said they started searching to try to find the others ....and the others were planning an unveiling. They had decided that the humans and Halflings had done enough damage to the planet and the only hope was to come out of the shadows or the void and join the humans in this plane of existence in order to save the planet.

But as I said before not all others agreed on how this should be done or if it even should.