Endangered Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Emerging into the living room somewhat sheepishly after dressing, he discovered Annabel asleep on the couch. It was quite late already.

He hoisted her slender form in his arms and took his sleepy fiancé to bed, cuddling up behind her, savoring her warmth and soft, vanilla scent. He and his dragon were at peace, content with their lot, surrounded by loving, beautiful women.

The crisis with the humans was averted for the moment and although his dragon had some reservations, Chris could see the benefits a successful Revelation would bring, now that it seemed to be a real possibility. It really would lead to a much more open existence for Beings if their magic didn't need to remain hidden.

His happy musings were interrupted when his phone buzzed on the nightstand, the upturn screen indicating that he had an incoming call. He had half a mind to let it ring out but reached over Annabel and answered tersely.

"What?"

"Christopher?" came a feminine voice down the line.

"Yeah, who's this?" he asked less crossly.

"This is Petra Godran, sorry for ringing so late. Elizabeth said you'd be expecting my call?"

Chris's stomach fell away into the bowels of the earth and he exhaled deeply instead of answering.

"Christopher?"

"I'm here," he replied. "Yes, Elizabeth said you'd call but I wasn't expecting it so soon. To be honest, with what's been going on with the humans, it faded to the background a little."

"I understand. John Guthrie filled us in on your involvement, it sounds like he was very impressed with you."

Chris chuckled at that. All he'd done was run when he'd seen the opportunity and perhaps overstep his bounds with the Synod. It didn't feel very impressive in the aftermath.

"Thanks, I guess. What can I do for you, Petra?"

"Well, she would never admit it but Claire is very anxious to meet you. I guess we both are. It might be hard for you to understand but as a female dragon, we really don't have much desire to mate with other species. She's already rejected the other dragon males and gave up hope of finding a mate in her lifetime. She's been so excited since she heard that Elizabeth thought you would be a good match. I know it's sudden, but could we drive up and meet you the day after tomorrow?"

Petra waited with baited breath; it really wasn't only her daughter who was anxious to meet the young male.

Chris pinched the bridge of his nose. "I've got quite a lot on my plate at the moment, Petra. But heck, why the hell not. What harm could two more women do in my life?"

"Spoken like a true male dragon," Petra mused happily. "We're in San Diego, so we can get to you in the evening if we start driving really early."

"Okay, I'll send you a link to my address in Laramie. I think it would be better to meet there instead of at the Denver Compound."

"Oh, is there trouble in paradise?" Petra asked.

"Not really, I think my dragon would feel better about meeting you two on home turf, though."

"I've got a good feeling about you, Chris. I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Claire is practically bouncing off the walls."

"That's a somewhat daunting expectation to live up to. I hope I don't disappoint."

"I'm sure you won't, dear. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Petra, call if you need to sort out any details. I'll see you day after tomorrow."

He set the cell phone down with an exasperated breath.

"Whossat?" Annabel mumbled sleepily.

"That was trouble, calling to arrange a date on behalf of her daughter." Chris couldn't help but be sarcastic about his fate, to be drowned in a sea of women. Still, what better way to go?

"Being silly," Annabel scolded half-heartedly, her other half was asleep.

"I know, baby, I'll tell you tomorrow. I love you, Dee."

"Love you," she murmured back as he switched off the lamp and tried to fall asleep, falling back into his aspect instead.

***

1...5678910