Enforcing The Pre-Nup

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,988 Followers

I slipped out of the bag quietly and followed her back to the picnic table. Some of the others were up fixing breakfast.

She scrolled through the pictures she had taken, stopping at the one she liked best.

"Here's what you're gonna look like as a family man. Cute, huh?"

We were all snuggled together. Eve was in my arms, and Amy was on top of us, her cheek resting just below Eve's chin. It was cute.

I used the Portajohn we kept there, and took a quick shower in the makeshift bathhouse we had built. Four fifty five gallon drums fiberglassed together, heated by gas. You were allowed twenty gallons, fresh water being pumped from a nearby spring.

When I was dressed I went back to the tables. Eve was up, and Amy was sitting on her lap. Amy was the youngest of four, the only girl, and had to fight for attention.

I showed her the bathhouse and explained it to her, giving her a fresh sweat suit.

"Sorry, I didn't shop for undies" I said grinning at her.

Not to be out done, she grinned back.

"That's all right, I kind of like going commando."

Amy didn't understand any of what we said, and surprised us all by wanting to shower with Eve. She came out giggling. Her mom asked her what she was laughing about. She had to lean close for the answer.

"Me and Miss Eve are going commando! We don't have panties on!"

She said it loud enough for a few to hear, and Eve glowed for a few minutes. She busied herself brushing Amy's hair.

Breakfast was soon served, and we ate as a group, familiar with each other after years of shared experiences.

Eve told them how we met, omitting the drunken party part, saying she slipped and fell off her balcony while I happened to be working there. By the time she was done you would have thought I did the ankle surgery by myself.

Amy was smitten with hero worship. She was about as subtle as a six year old could be when she came out with what was on her mind.

"You know, if you and Uncle Tommy got married, You'd be my aunt. How cool will that be?"

Eve let her down gently.

"It would be very cool, sweetie. I might just marry him to get to spend time with you. But he has to ask me first, and we're not that far along in our relationship. But, he's already passed the sleeping together test. He doesn't snore and he doesn't hog the blankets, unlike someone else in the sleeping bag last night."

Amy puffed up.

"Do not snore!"

Eve was right back at her.

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Yes you do baby. You snore like a fat puppy. It's the cutest sound in the world."

That mollified her somewhat, especially when she told her she could call her Aunt Eve.

"Will you come back and watch the stars and sleep with us again, Aunt Eve?"

She looked at me.

"I'd love to, sweetie, but that's up to Uncle Tommy. If he says I can, I will."

Amy came up to me and tugged my beard. Since she was two years old if she wanted my attention and I was ignoring her, she would tug with her little hands until I gave her my attention.

"Say Aunt Eve can come back next time. Please Uncle Tommy?"

I looked at Eve, she seemed anxious somehow.

"If she says yes when I ask her, I'd love it."

Amy, Celeste, and Eve were smiling like it was a done deal. I made a mental note to reel my sister in law in. She seemed to take it as a personal affront that I remained unmarried.

.................................................

She took another shower when we got to my house. She came out dressed in the jeans and tee shirt she had on yesterday, hair and makeup perfect.

She saw me frowning.

"What?"

"Nothing. Not my business."

She eyed me.

"You've got my interest piqued now. Say what's on your mind."

I sighed.

"You're a really, really attractive woman. Why do you wear so much makeup and hide that beautiful face?"

Well, I said it, now for the fallout.

Surprisingly, she seemed to have tears in her eyes. Before I could move I was the recipient of a very nice kiss.

"That's one of the sweetest things a man has ever said to me. Thank you."

All I could fumble out was "you're welcome" as she hobbled out to her car. I helped her get situated.

"This cast comes off next week, then a month of physical therapy and I'm supposed to be good as new. Thank you for last night, it was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had. I'd love to go again, if you want me to. After all, we owe a six year old a new aunt. Wouldn't want to disappoint, now would we?"

She took my phone and punched in her number, told me to call, and swept off.

I thought about her all week, but didn't call. We lived in different worlds.

I went on the internet and did a little research. Besides her dad being a big time politician, they were rich. She had a trust fund for an undisclosed amount from her maternal grandfather, and the family wealth was estimated just below fifty million. Way out of my league. It was too bad, I really liked her.

I got a pretty sharp call Thursday evening.

"Why haven't you called me? Never mind, I'm just reminding you of lunch Saturday. One, sharp. My dad hates to wait."

She hung up before I could reply.

I thought about driving my work truck, but opted to drive my car instead. It was an MG midget, a small British sports car, based on the old Austin Healy designs. It wasn't worth a lot, but I liked it. It took me four years to totally restore it. For a small engine, rated just over fifty horsepower, it was surprisingly fast and very agile. I had never driven it in the rain.

Eve was waiting for me at the door.

"Nice car? Yours? Oh and you clean up very well."

I had gone to my barber that morning. I called her a barber, but my sister in law Celeste is a very successful stylist. When she heard who I was going to dine with, she threatened to come over with her battery operated hedge shears if I didn't come in for a trim. She fussed over me for forty five minutes before saying she had done the best she could with what she had to work with.

"Honey, you need to lose that beard, it makes you look thirty seven, not twenty seven."

A very nice button up shirt, casual slacks, new docksiders. It was about as dressed up as I wanted to get.

................................................

She met me at the door. I reached in my car for the bouquet of flowers.

"Ooh, you shouldn't have."

She was reaching for the flowers when I told her they were for her mother. Her smile became cool again. I let it sit on her face for a second before I pulled out the other bouquet.

"This one is yours."

She was all smiles again. Leaning in, she whispered in my ear.

"They're lovely, thank you. If you can be that thoughtful, maybe you can be trained on how to use a phone. It's simple really, if you can read. You go to contacts until you reach Eve, and hit the button. It even dials for you. I find modern technology very useful, wouldn't you agree?"

Before I could frame a suitable response we were through the door. Her mom and dad were waiting in the foyer. I think the gift of flowers was unexpected, and she seemed genuinely happy to get them.

Well, there he was in the flesh. At six four, he towered over my five eleven. He was in pretty good shape, using his home gym and his membership at the capitol religiously. We looked at each other and the room got smaller. We were two alpha dogs, circling, looking for an opportunity to go for the throat. It surprised me, I usually didn't react this way.

He was infamous for trying to intimidate people by sheer size and strength, and his bone crushing handshakes were near legendary. I knew what was coming when he reached his hand out. You get a pretty good grip and a set of muscles manhandling equipment and picking up two hundred fifty pound rolls of cable. He tried to squeeze and I squeezed back just a bit harder. It caught him totally by surprise. I saw his eyes widen a bit before they became narrow with anger.

Eve and Gretta were expecting me to react like everyone else did and rub my hand, but I simply let go and continued with the small talk.

They looked at him and he just shrugged. Later I learned he told them he had gone easy on me for Eve.

The lunch was delicious, and I minded my manners. He didn't stay long, citing pressing state business. He did thank me for helping his daughter, and I think he actually meant it.

It was like sunshine after a cloud when he left.

"I know he's a bit much when you first meet him, but he really is a good man."

Greta said it like she was used to apologizing for him.

"Nonsense! I found him most interesting."

They looked at me like I had just had a stroke and couldn't form coherent words. Then Greta smiled.

"Interesting. What an apt decision."

They took me on a tour of the house. Seven bedrooms, large pool house and a heated pool an Olympian would have been proud to train in, a grounds keeping crew, a maid and cook. So this is how rich folk lived.

I thanked the cook for an excellent lunch when they showed me the kitchen. I don't think she got compliments often.

Eve had made a slide show out of the photos Celeste made. There was even one or two of the meteors. She stopped on the one of all of us snuggled together. Greta looked at her pointedly.

"Such a nice picture. I hope in the not too distant future I get an opportunity to enjoy some grand children."

Eve laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Relax mom, I'm only twenty two. I have to find a man I like well enough to have children with first. Don't turn me into a brood mare just yet."

We had a pleasant afternoon. Just as I was leaving Greta sent her to get some of the dessert we enjoyed at lunch for later.

As soon as she was out of earshot Greta started talking.

"I want to thank you again for saving my baby, in more ways than one. The fact that a stranger took care of her while her good time friends continued to party wasn't lost on her. She told me she had the best time in her life when you took her to look at the meteors."

"Tommy, I want you to be careful around her. Not to be impolite, but you come from different worlds. I don't want either of you to get hurt."

Before I could answer Eve was back. She insisted I take her for a ride in my car, so we spent a pleasant couple of hours just drifting around. She had me stop in an empty parking lot just before we returned.

"Why are we stopping here?" I asked.

"So I can do this" She replied, shoving her tongue down my throat.

My high mindedness and good intentions went right out the window. We kissed for about ten minutes before she pulled back.

"Hon, we have to stop or get naked, and I don't think my dad would want to see his daughter arrested in a school parking lot for being naked and performing lewd acts. Time to go home."

..................................................

I think they should install eyelids on phones so we can sometimes out stare them. I lasted until Tuesday before I called. She picked it up on the first ring.

"I was giving you one more day. You just beat the deadline. Wanna do something tonight?"

"Sorry Eve, I have to work tomorrow. Just wanted to hear your voice and say hi."

"Are you at home? Not going back out?"

"Yes, and no. I'm in for the night."

She hung up on me. Well, so much for pleasant conversation.

I redialed but it went to message.

Twenty five minutes later her car pulled into the drive. I helped her out, and carried the ice cream she had brought in. I helped her to the couch. For someone about to be all better she sure was helpless.

"What are you doing?"

She smiled that killer smile.

"You're not going out, ergo I have to come to you. Now give me the remote and scoop the ice cream. And since I had to come out here, I get to pick the movie."

She pulled up a chick flick on Netflix, "Under the Tuscan Sun", which I actually enjoyed. I had to get her a drink and another bowl of ice cream, then I had to help her to the bathroom. I hated pausing movies, since I lived alone I had gotten out of the habit. But the company was well worth the interruptions.

She was misty eyed by the end, snuggled to my shoulder, her hand gripped firmly in mine.

We sat and talked afterwards. She had just graduated college with a degree in art. I shocked her by showing her my prints of Starry Night and Sunflowers. What can I say, I liked Van Gogh.

"A Van Gogh fan, I would never have guessed. Anybody else catch your eye?"

"Well, I really like Monet, and Manet, but not as much. I'm not to keen on Dali and Picasso, or surrealists. And I like a lot of American artists. The Wyeths, all of them, Whistler, Georgia O'Keeffe, and Rockwell when I want something feel good. Oh, I also like Rodin and Remington sculptures."

She sat there with her mouth hanging open.

"Wow."

We discussed art, among other things, until midnight. As she left she asked if I had a good suit.

"Good, wear it Friday. We're going somewhere special."

I think she felt me tighten up.

"Sorry, that came out all wrong. If you're not busy, the art museum in the capital is having a small event. I don't know if you heard, but there's a traveling exhibit of Monet works touring the country. The grand opening is Saturday. It's a preview, for sponsors and invited guests. Our family is always represented, and this year it's my turn. It would be nice to go with someone who actually understood what I was talking about. Please come with me."

I was a sucker for saying yes, and she knew it.

"Next time we date, you pick. If you can top our last one, I will be suitably amazed."

Before I could respond, she gave me one more kiss and was gone.

I called Celeste, and she called Eve, so I was able to get a nice, presentable suit for Friday night. She insisted we take my car. It was my first instance of valet parking, and I'm sure it showed.

"Don't worry, they won't get a scratch on it when they joyride." She said, then laughed at my reaction.

"Your car will be well taken care of. These people are professionals. Now, let's mingle."

I recognized a lot of the people, shakers and movers in our state, and was surprised most of them were pleasant companions.

She introduced me to a woman in her late fifties and we got into a discussion over whether Van Gogh really committed suicide or if he was in fact shot accidentally by a group of teen boys who had been tormenting him at the time. A few minutes went by and I noticed Eve was gone. I felt guilty for ignoring her, and looking around the room, found her in deep conversation with two men our age.

She caught my eye and I think she saw the flash of jealousy. She had a hard time controlling her smile when she rejoined my side.

"Who were you talking to?"

Her smile got a little wider.

"Nobody, darling, just an ex boyfriend or two. Tell me, did you like Vivian?"

Trying to cover my jealousy, I answered

"She's a very sharp woman, and she looks familiar somehow. Is she married to someone in the public eye?"

By now she was grinning.

"No, but her husband is. She's the Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court. I hear she was a terror in her day as an attorney. When a lawyer gets to argue in front of her they're both honored and scared, she has a reputation for being brutal."

"Wow. I thought she was just a nice lady. She's sweet."

I felt a tug on my arm and turned. It was Vivian.

She was a small woman, and she pulled me down, surprising everyone by kissing my cheek.

"Thank you, Tommy, I've been called a lot of things over my career, and that was one of the nicest."

She looked over at Eve.

"Eve my darling, I insist you and this nice young man join my husband and I for dinner in the near future."

She turned and gave me a card.

"Here, just in case she forgets my number."

Flashes had been going off randomly as photographers got shots for the papers and state magazines.

Eve was floored. It was all she talked about on the way home.

"Dad is gonna have a fit. He's been trying to get some private time with her for ages. You must have made quite an impression."

.................................................

We were on the cover of the art and social sections of the Sunday papers across the state.

The art section identified me as a local critic, based on a flippant remark Vivian had made to a reporter about what a discerning eye I had. They had captured the kiss she had given me, and several shots of Eve and I in groups and separately.

The society page had one of us together and several of us in groups of important people. They did identify me correctly as a local businessman, and speculated on our relationship.

Eve and my family found the whole thing vastly amusing. Eve told Celeste that if anybody asked she would identify me as her boyfriend. It made me smile.

We started spending a lot of time together, she was at my house two or three times a week, and we went out every weekend. I was falling in love, and fighting it tooth and nail. Our worlds were just too different. It would never work. Still, I never tried to break it off.

Celeste and Eve had become friends, to the point where when she wanted to take Amy on a date with us she agreed. I was the last to know, as usual.

It was my turn to pick where we were going, and the state symphony was in town. I had told her, and she told me not to worry about tickets, her family were patrons, and one of the perks was free tickets.

Eve picked up Amy and Celeste up the day before and they took Amy shopping for a dress. Celeste said later it made her uncomfortable at first, she had never entered many of the shops they went to. Amy loved being the center of attention. She flounced and twirled, and wheedled, and ended up with three dresses instead of one. Eve refused to let Celeste pay for anything, reminding her it was her treat. They lunched at a really nice tea room Eve frequented. Amy was awed.

She hadn't told me who was going with us, just that it was someone dear to her.

Celeste and Amy showed up giggling an hour before we were due to leave. Eve immediately rushed Amy into the guest room, leaving Celeste with me.

"Has she told you yet?" She was smiling that smile again.

"Has who told me what?" I replied, trying to get my tie straight. She came over and helped me.

"Eve. Has she told you she loves you yet?"

I'm glad she was handling my tie, I would have strangled myself.

"No, and I think you got it wrong."

"Bullshit" she snorted, smoothing my tie.

"She's in love with you, you're in love with her. Don't try to argue, I see the way you look at her. She's perfect. Beautiful, rich, and in love with you, it just doesn't get any better."

She saw the look in my eye.

"That's just it. She's way out of my league. All I could ever offer her is me, and at best a lower middle class lifestyle. She'd get bored pretty quick. No, even if I did love her, it's doomed from the start."

Eve and Amy swept in at that moment. Eve looked stunning, the knee length, standard little black dress and simple pearls. Amy was almost a miniature version, her simple little smock highlighted by a sash and a little gold locket.

They both twirled for us while Celeste took photos.

"How do we look, Uncle Tommy? Aunt Eve said we'd be the two hottest girls at the concert. Do you think so?"

I scooped her up.

"Your Aunt Eve is correct, as usual. Now, shall we go?"

After kisses and hugs, Celeste went back home, telling me to bring her back after lunch tomorrow. She had a tear in her eye.

"You guys look so perfect together. I can't wait to see how beautiful your children will be. Have a good night."

With a final admonition to Amy to behave, she was off.

Heads turned when we entered the hall. They should, I was with two beauties. Amy insisted on walking between us, holding both our hands.

We didn't have to worry about Amy. I was afraid she would get bored and restless. She sat, enthralled by the music. We were front row center, and the maestro noticed her. During an intermission, knowing who she was, he came and chatted with Eve. Turning to Amy he asked if she was enjoying the evening.

qhml1
qhml1
8,988 Followers
123456...8