Enough Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, I don't know..."

Jake glared at the man and rested his hand on his sword. The man remembered yesterday Jake and Allison had bested two of the rough crowd that had been moving into the town and wilted under his gaze. He swallowed and said, "I suppose that's enough but if you want food for your horses it'll be extra."

Jake and Allison quickly picked up their saddles and moved to their horses. They saddled them and rode out into the woods following the faint trail they had used when they entered the stable the night before. When they were out of sight of the stable they turned in the direction they needed to go and moved off heading for adventure and to rescue a Damsel.

Jake and Allison rode carefully all that day not even stopping for lunch. There had been something about the town they had just left that bothered both of them. Jake didn't know if it was just because he was on his first mission as a Hero or if it was because of the unsavory characters that eyeballed him and Allison in the Pub and at times on the street. Jake reminded Allison several times to keep her eyes peeled for trouble coming at them from any direction. He constantly peered into the woods, ahead and behind as well as to the side of their route of march looking for trouble.

Finally about an hour before dusk Jake found what he thought would be a good place to camp for the night. He and Allison went almost a half mile past the place he wanted to use then moved off into the woods. They stopped several feet into the gloomy cover while Jake obscured their tracks leaving the trail. When he was satisfied he moved back to Allison and the horses. The young couple carefully made their way back down the trail to the campsite Jake had selected earlier. After they had cooked and eaten their meal Allison carefully put out the fire. The young people moved back into the woods near a stream where they carefully made their bed in a rocky outcropping beside a deep pool. There were enough loose rocks nearby that Jake hoped to hear a prowler if one should show. The rocks also provided excellent hiding places for the two if the need arose.

Jake settled down in their blankets and wrapped Allison in his arms. He gently kissed her and told her how proud of her he was. They talked for almost an hour about the fight and how Allison felt afterward. Jake related some of his feelings about not only his first kills but the most recent one. Finally Allison stopped whimpering and shaking. She just laid her head on Jake's chest, hugged him and drifted off to a troubled sleep. Jake rapidly followed her.

Allison woke before Jake the next morning. She lay with him for a few minutes then carefully got out from under the blankets. By the time he woke she had coffee ready and was getting ready to prepare their breakfast of fried eggs, potatoes and sausage.

While Allison prepared the meal Jake moved quietly out from camp to see if they were being observed. He found tracks on the trail where three horsemen had passed in the night. They had stopped a few feet beyond the normal trail to the spot in which he and Allison had prepared supper. There was evidence two of them had dismounted and moved into the woods until they could see the campsite. After they verified the site was unused they returned to their horses and moved on down the trail. Jake followed them a short distance past where he and Allison had left the trail the night before. It appeared they had continued but he resolved to be exceedingly careful again that day while they travelled. Jake was unsure whether the three were just opportunistic thieves hoping to find some campers or if they were searching for them. Either way he felt they needed to be especially careful again that day.

When Jake and Allison came to the next small town they entered carefully. It was near noon and they decided to stop for a moment to have lunch at the local Inn. There were three tired appearing horses tied up in front of the Inn when they stopped. When Jake and Allison entered the Public Room of the Inn they each stepped to one side so they would not be silhouetted by the light coming in the door. After their eyes adjusted to the dim room they saw three rough looking characters watching them from a table at the rear of the room. The men had empty dishes in front of them that had once contained their meal. There were tankards of ale in front of them.

Jake watched carefully while the largest of the three picked up his tankard and drained it. As he moved to set it down he looked at the young couple and belched. He smirked slightly and leaned back in his chair.

Jake took a deep breath and glanced at Allison before moving into the room. He selected a table against the wall about half way between the door and the three rough looking men. The Innkeeper moved to take their order and rushed back into the kitchen. He soon came back into the main room and poured a pitcher of watered wine for the two. Before he got back behind the bar the serving wench delivered the requested meal to Jake and Allison.

Jake ate his bowl of stew rapidly always keeping his eye on the three men. When he was about half done the larger man spoke. He glared at Jake and said, "Was you tha one that kilt Big Tom a couple days ago in Edgarton?"

Jake looked at him a moment while he chewed and swallowed the bite in his mouth. "I don't know anyone named Big Tom. What makes you think I had anything to do with his death?"

"We was there waitin on im. He never come ta our meetin and when we went ta tha Inn we was tolt some damn youngun and his little cunt kilt him an his pard. Ya look like tha one we was tolt had done it."

Jake looked at Allison and whispered, "You done with your lunch Honey?" She nodded her head yes and Jake continued. "Well then let's see if we can get out of here without any trouble."

Jake stood and looked over at the men and said, "Like I said I don't know any Big Tom. We're just travelling on personal business and don't have time to discuss some fight that happened in the next town."

Somewhat to Jake's surprise the three men just glared at him and Allison as they left the Inn. He knew it was bad form to back down from a fight on Chaos but he really didn't want to face the men if he could help it. He was worried about how Allison would take it if they had to kill more men so soon after the first fight. Just to be safe after they were mounted Jake strung his bow and readied an arrow to fire.

Jake and Allison rode out of the town quickly but tried not to look like they were running. Just before they moved into the woods Jake looked back into the town. He saw the three men riding rapidly toward them. Jake turned to Allison and said, "I'm sorry Honey but it looks like we're going to have to fight them after all. When they get closer let's separate a little and get them in a pocket between us if we can. Maybe that way we can defeat them easier."

About three horse lengths before the men reached Jake and Allison they separated. Jake intended to circle to the side and hit the men from the side or rear if he could. To his horror all three men continued on the road toward Allison. They all had their swords raised high with the obvious intent of slashing into her. The larger man had taken one swing at Jake as they passed him but had missed him.

Jake rapidly stopped his horse and pulled and released his arrow. He didn't even look to see if he hit his target before he pulled another arrow from his quiver. This arrow went toward the man nearest Allison. All at once the third man realized he was the only one on a horse. He looked wildly around for his friends and pulled his horse up. He tried to make a turn to the side. Luckily for him his movement caused Jake's third arrow to miss. Unfortunately Allison had seen him pull back and she reacted. She slowed her horse and turned to the outside of the trail hoping to swing back on her pursuer as Jake had done earlier.

Allison saw the man staring wildly toward her as he tried to move his sword into position to get at her. Allison swung her sword wildly toward her attacker as they flashed past each other. She felt a jerk and her swing slowed then the resistance ended. She felt a stab of fear as her sword flew from her grip spinning off into the grass and weeds at the side of the trail. Allison rode her horse toward Jake as he approached from the rear. She took a chance and looked over her shoulder when she saw Jake slow and pull his horse to a stop. All three of their attackers were lying in the dust of the trail. The one who had been attacking her was screaming and holding what was left of his right arm. She had completely sliced it off when she had swung her sword as they passed each other.

Jake slid from his horse and checked on the two men he had shot with his bow. Both were dead. He moved to the man Allison had taken out with his sword in his hand. The man was still alive but would not be for long. He glared up at Jake when he stood over him. Jake knew he should finish him but he couldn't. He watched for a moment then turned back to the men he had killed. Allison was standing looking at the three men. Her chest was heaving and tears were coursing down her cheeks once more. Jake pulled her into his arms and rocked her as she cried. He was worried that she would never get used to the killing.

Jake pulled her tightly to him and said, "Shhh Honey. You know we had to kill them. It was either them or us. It's nothing to cry about."

Alison shook her head and whimpered, "It's not that. I don't like killing men but that isn't what's wrong. We were riding away from them and then I looked and you weren't there! I turned to find you and help you and I saw the men on the road. I was afraid one of them was you. Jake I don't know what I would do if you were hurt or got killed. I'm just so happy you're safe."

"Shhhh Honey. It's ok. Come on now. Let's get this carrion off the trail and get on with the mission."

After they took everything of value from the men they caught up the three horses they had been riding. Jake and Allison moved off down the trail until they found a good camping spot about three hours later. They moved well off the trail and made camp beside a slow moving stream. They rapidly took care of their horses and set up camp. Allison prepared the evening meal while Jake did a quick reconnoiter of the area planning escape routes if they should become necessary.

By the time Jake had finished his recon Allison was ready to serve the meal. They ate their fill and cleaned up afterward. Allison looked at Jake with her eyes flashing. She licked her lips and smiled at Jake then said, "Jake Honey. I really need a bath. Do you think it's safe for us to clean up in the stream? Please?"

Jake thought for a moment and said, "Yeah but we need to hurry just in case. I really wouldn't like for either of us to be caught in the middle of the stream without our weapons."

Allison smiled her patented sultry smile and began undoing her clothes. After she was completely stripped she shook her breasts at Jake, giggled and said, "Me first big boy." Allison turned her back to Jake and began walking toward the stream. She looked over her shoulder and continued her sexy walk toward the stream. She smiled widely at Jake's expression as he followed her.

Jake walked up behind Allison when she stopped to survey the bank for an easy place to wade out into the water. She turned rapidly and pulled Jake into a tight hug. Allison gave him a quick kiss and stepped back. "See anything you want there Stud?"

Jake had a difficult time not watching Allison while she bathed. He paid close attention to the surroundings but still took time to admire the slim nymphet lathering her breasts and pretty little pussy in the stream. He knew she was tantalizing him on purpose and resolved to make her pay later that evening.

Finally Allison decided she was clean enough and Jake had been teased enough. She carefully rinsed the soap from her body and strolled as sexily as she could to the bank. Once again she walked up to Jake and pressed her body against his. She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a gentle kiss. She stepped back and smiled before she whispered, "I love you so much Jake Harvey. Now get your ass into that stream. You stink!"

Allison didn't do much better as a watchman than did Jake. She couldn't keep her eyes off him for long at a time. She did keep her eyes on the woods around them occasionally as did Jake. Luckily they were not bothered during their bath.

After Jake was clean the two adventurers moved back to their camp and crawled into their bed. Jake pulled Allison against him and began kissing her deeply. She moaned and writhed in his grasp as she rubbed her crotch against his leg and her breasts against his hard chest. Jake sucked and rolled her nipples while he worked her little clitty with his middle finger. In almost no time Jake worked her up to an orgasm. Allison screamed into Jake's mouth when she came.

Before Allison had calmed down completely Jake jumped between her legs. Allison gasped and her eyes got larger when she saw Jake lowering his raging hard on toward her pussy. She tried to close her legs and began shaking her head no. "NO Jake. We can't! You know we're not supposed to have sex here. PLEASE don't!"

Jake grinned at Allison and crawled forward slightly. He lowered his hips slightly again until he felt the contact. He pressed his cock downward until it lay cradled in the groove between her lubricious pussy lips. Jake began pushing forward and pulling back rubbing the length of his cock across her clit. Alison moaned and thrust her hips upward. Jake moved more and more rapidly as they got into the same rhythm. Jake bit down on his lower lip and let his cock slide upward a little farther until it was rubbing over Allison's belly. He groaned and she felt his seed splash out covering her stomach and splashing up onto her breasts. Allison came again on Jake's last thrust as he rubbed across her hard little clit. Once more she screamed into the night.

Jake rolled to the side and onto his back. Both were breathing hard, panting. They were both more relaxed but something had been missing. Both Jake and Allison really missed being able to have penetrative sex with their lover. After they had calmed down Jake pulled a rag from his saddle bags and wet it from a canteen. He carefully washed Allison then his cock. It was getting colder so the two lovers dressed before they lay back down. Jake pulled the blanket over them and cradled Allison in his arms as they drifted off to sleep. The sun was well up the next morning before either of them woke.

All day Jake and Allison climbed into the hills. It became noticeably colder as the day progressed and they climbed higher into the mountains. Just before dark Jake and Allison topped a ridge and saw lights part way up the mountain in front of them. He quickly turned the horses and moved back into the trees. When they were back under cover Jake got his spy glass from his saddlebags and dismounted.

Jake and Allison moved carefully to the edge of the woods where he began looking over the trail and the now visible mine shaft. There were a few smaller buildings clustered on the hillside around and below it and one large one on the ledge beside the open shaft. He could see men moving into and out of the large building.

Jake knew he had to get into the camp and into the saloon to do a recon before he and Allison tried to find and rescue the Damsel Harriet Research Biologist. He spent over an hour watching the trail and camp. Finally it became so dark he couldn't see any longer so Jake moved back into the woods where Allison had set up their camp. He walked up and sat down then took the bowl of soup Allison handed him.

Jake ate his first bowl of soup and handed the bowl back to Allison for a refill. When she returned with his second helping Jake said, "I think I need to try and get into the camp tonight if I can. I really don't want to stay here too long if we don't have to. It's cold and dangerous out here in the woods. With this snow cover the horses don't have much to eat and we will stick out like a sore thumb if anyone comes this way. We can't even build a fire to keep warm. Besides I really don't want to be trapped here if it starts to snow or rain."

Allison sat and listened while Jake talked. She knew he was right but she was so tired and cold. She really didn't want to walk around all night watching the camp but she knew they would have to do it sooner or later.

Jake and Allison left their packs and belongings well hidden near their camp. They moved to the trail and rode slowly, quietly on toward the mine. About a quarter mile from the mine they pulled their horses off the trail and back into the woods. Jake found a protected place to hide about 25 feet off the trail. He tried to make Allison stay with the horses but she would not allow him to do that. Finally she told him if he didn't let her come with him she would just follow after. He agreed finally but insisted she not go into the buildings with him. He made the argument that he might need her to cover his escape if something went wrong. Allison saw the benefit of that but did not like it. She finally agreed to be his backup though.

When they arrived in the mining camp they moved around through the small settlement becoming familiar with its layout. After Jake was satisfied he knew the outer part of the settlement he moved toward the saloon. There was loud music and boisterous laughter coming from within. He moved to a window and peered inside. Men were everywhere drinking gambling and playing with the serving wenches. As intelligence had indicated one of them was absolutely beautiful and serving miners while completely nude. She was constantly being molested. She was pinched, her nipples were being grabbed and twisted and fingers were being inserted into her ass and pussy. When she screamed or jumped the men who watched laughed.

Jake decided he had seen all he could from the window. He moved back to Allison and said, "I have to go inside now Honey. I'm going to try to find out where Harriet spends the night and maybe even wait until they lock her up before we leave. Stay hidden here and be careful. Don't come for me if something goes wrong."

Allison nodded her head yes but they both knew if she thought Jake was in trouble she would ignore her instructions and try to help him. Jake moved toward and through the doors into the saloon. He walked to the bar and ordered watered wine. After being served he moved into the room and found a seat near the door into the back of the building. Men were constantly coming and going down the corridor with their arms wrapped around giggling women. They would go into rooms and spend a few minutes. Jake could see dirty beds through some of the doors that were open so he had a pretty good idea what was going on inside when the men and women went in.

Jake had almost finished his wine when one of the miners began laughing. He was talking to another better dressed man who was holding Harriet by the wrist. She was crying and shaking her head no as the miner handed the man a full bag of something. The man hefted it then opened it and looked inside. He said, "One hour. Not a minute longer and she better not be damaged to the point she can't work when you get through with her."

The miner grabbed Harriet by her other arm and pulled her toward the hallway. His friends laughed as the two disappeared into the gloom of the passageway. Jake watched while the man drug Harriet down the hall looking at the numbers on each door as he passed. Finally, two doors from the end of the hallway he stopped and pulled Harriet into the room. The door slammed closed and Jake heard the miner laugh loudly once more. Jake sat a moment thinking. Did he dare try something here, now?