Entangled Pt. 03

Story Info
Stepping into Eric's world.
13.5k words
4.86
10.3k
15

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For the first time since discovering her husband's duplicity Jess began to believe she wouldn't be alone for the rest of her life. Under Eric's influence it seemed like she'd smiled more in a week then she had the entire year before she'd met him. Bit by bit she let herself fall into a little bubble of infatuation with Eric. And she was happy.

It was awkward at first, like putting on old shoes that used to fit as if they were made for her feet but they'd warped from disuse. It would take time for them to be molded to her unique shape again. She just needed to be patient.

To his credit Eric let her find her way without exerting too much influence on her. With another woman there would have been extravagant gifts to impress her. But, thanks to the weeks of online banter between them, he knew she wasn't interested in those things. He didn't want to distract her from figuring out what he already knew. They fit together too well for it to be a fling. It was clear to him because all of the time they spent together just added to his craving to continue to be with her.

He'd wasn't one for daydreaming about a lover, not since his teens when he'd first discovered girls, but memories of her smile, her voice crying out with pleasure, her laugh, her touch invaded his thoughts constantly. It tested his resolve to not shower her with gifts everyday. The only concession he made were simple bouquets of brightly coloured daisies that would appear on her desk at work on random mornings. She would blush and text him a thank you while dodging questions from her co workers.

She refused to talk about him no matter how much they pried. He was her real life fantasy and since she'd decided to give it a chance she wasn't going to let anyone ruin it for her.

She'd made herself aware of his playboy past with a quick search online. As she'd studied the pictures of him with a myriad of different women she decided that Blake had been right. In the images he appeared distant, almost bored. Not at all the way he looked when he was with her.

When they were together his smile was brilliant and frequent. He was relaxed and affectionate. She'd never been loved so often, not even in the early days of her marriage, and she relished every second of it.

He couldn't enough of her, she made him feel things he'd never expected. When he woke to her naked body cuddled close to his he wanted to keep there, to protect her from the world. He would watch her sleep, knowing that he'd kept her up very late, and have to restrain himself from taking her again.

At times he would lose that inner battle and wake her gently. She would sigh happily, smiling as he touched her, and wiggle her butt against his lap, inviting him to take what he wanted. Her willingness never failed to amaze him. She wanted him just as much as he wanted her and for the first time in a very long time he was humbled.

He'd become so accustomed to being used by women, having them dole out sex as a reward or withholding it until they got what they wanted. Jess' unabashed desire for his touch was addictive.

He was busy thinking about how she had arched against his chest when he woke her that morning, titling her hips to take him deeper while Blake was trying to tell him something their friend Ryan had mentioned.

"Have you heard anything I said?" Blake asked with an arched eyebrow.

Eric smiled sheepishly as he came back to himself. "Sorry."

"Right," Blake said and smirked at his older brother. "I was trying to tell you that Ryan said Row is dying to meet Jess."

Eric's smile faltered slightly. They'd known Ryan since they were in junior high and his wife Row was kind of a momma bear when it came to the brothers. If she didn't like Jess it might effect his relationship with the couple because he wasn't about to give her up.

"We've only been together a month and a half. I don't know if she's ready for them yet."

"It's just Ryan and Row, Jess can handle it."

"Maybe, but can I?" Eric said with a laugh.

"Well find your balls man, Row's planning a barbecue for this Saturday. She's expecting the two of you."

"I'll ask her. If she's okay with it we'll go." He pulled out his phone. "Now get out of my office so I can get something done today."

"Sure." Blake stood. "I'll see you tonight anyway."

Eric shook his head again as he watched him walk out of his office. Due to Blake's frequent visits to Eric's condo Jess and he had developed a friendship. It was unlike Blake to get to know any of the women that Eric had been with but he'd latched onto Jess. In some ways Eric was almost jealous of how easily Blake seemed to have gained her trust. He put it down to Blake not having any romantic intentions towards her.

His eyes settled on the door as he thought about Blake. He was a good guy but he'd fallen into the same habits that Eric was determined to break away from. Perhaps seeing how happy Jess was making him would convince him to leave that life behind him and let something deeper in.

He looked down at his phone, trying to decide whether to ask Jess about the barbecue over text or wait till he saw her later that day.

Hi babe.

She responded quickly. Hi gorgeous.

I miss your smile.

Silly. You just saw it this morning.

He smiled as he typed. I can't wait to see it tonight.

Only a few more hours to go XO

You're going to my place after work?

Of course lol Get back to work slacker.

Yes ma'am ;-)

Eric set the phone down on his desk then pulled the keyboard sitting there a little closer, thinking how he'd rather it was Jess that he was pulling toward the edge of the desk.

Three hours later he had her pinned to his bed. She was squirming under his chest as he ground his naked hips against hers.

"We're going to be late," she said with a breathless laugh.

"Do you want me to stop?" His breath teased her ear.

"You're such a bad influence." Her hands pulled at his hips.

"Is that a no?" He smiled down at her.

"Don't stop." She arched up as he pushed into her.

****

Blake ended up waiting for the couple for forty five minutes, not that it bothered him. As the trio were led to their table by a thin young man he slid the bartender's number into his pocket, turned, and gave the stunning blonde a wink. She blushed as she turned to see to the customer that had taken the seat he'd vacated at the bar.

When he turned back to follow the group Jess was laughing at him. He gave her a wink then took his seat across the table from her.

"So, have you asked her yet?" Blake turned to Eric.

Eric's fingers smoothed a cloth napkin over his thigh. "We were a little busy," he murmured. Blake turned to Jess and smiled. She'd ducked her head to hide the blush staining her cheeks.

"Fine then I'll do it," Blake said as he sat back in his chair. "Ryan and his wife are having a barbecue this Saturday. Are you free?"

Jess looked at Eric. "I think so."

Eric reached over and took her hand in his. "You don't have to say yes."

She waved her other hand. "It's just a barbecue." His fingers squeezed as she smiled. "It'll be fun."

Eric returned her smile then let her hand go as the server appeared at the side of the table. He watched Jess look over the menu quickly then order a steak.

If Row scares her away I'll kill her. He thought as his eyes turned to the menu in front of him.

****

Saturday was on them before Eric was ready for it and he was surprised to find that he was nervous as they drove out to the suburbs of the city. He held her hand as he weaved the car through the weekend traffic, letting the feeling of her soft skin reassure his stuttering heart.

Blake was just getting out of his Porsche as they pulled in the driveway. He turned to watch Jess struggle to exit the sports car with a bit of grace. She hadn't gotten used to how low the Audi was.

Eric strode around the car to help her as she grabbed for her skirt before it could reveal more of her thighs to his laughing gaze. "Cad," she muttered as she took his hand. She turned her eyes toward Blake who was valiantly trying to fight off a laugh. "It's no wonder neither of you are married."

"Well..." Eric's voice right next to her ear gave her a start.

She turned quickly to find herself almost nose to nose with him. "Stop it." It came out as a breathy whisper. His lips curved in answer.

"Come on you two. I'm getting hungry," Blake called.

"Does he ever stop eating?" Jess asked loudly.

"I use a lot of energy," Blake answered with a wink then turned to the walkway.

"Did he— Was that about what I think it was?"

"Yep," Eric said with a laugh and reached for her hand.

Jess let him lead her up the walk to wait next to Blake. Excited little voices responded to the doorbell before what sounded like a miniature stampeded came to an abrupt stop. The door swung open slowly to reveal three very excited redheaded children. "Uncle Eric!" "Uncle Blake!" The two oldest of the bunch launched themselves at the two men.

Jess could only stare in wonder as each brother gathered a child into their arms and lifted them up to carry them inside. The youngest, a little girl with strawberry blonde hair and big blue eyes, watched them cautiously as she backed away to avoid getting trampled. Eric turned back before disappearing around the corner and gave Jess a nod to follow.

Jess hesitated and turned to the little girl instead. The girls eyes widened then she smiled shyly.

Jess bent down with her hand out. "Hi, I'm Jess."

The little girl looked at her hand for a moment before reaching out slowly. Jess shook her little hand.

"What do we say Emily?" A feminine voice called out.

"Hello," the little girl said softly.

"That's my girl." The owner of the voice strode into the foyer. Jess looked up as she came to a stop next to Emily. "Honey, go find your brothers." She turned to watch Emily sprint into the house. "What I wouldn't give to have that energy." She turned to Jess. "Hi, I'm Row."

"Jess."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"And you," Jess said with a smile.

"Let's go find ourselves a glass of wine and then I can introduce you to the rest of my brood." With that Row grabbed Jess' hand and led her to the kitchen to deposit her next to the island while she went to the cabinet to get glasses. "Everyone is out back." She nodded toward a set out french doors that led to a huge deck. "Red okay?" Jess nodded. "My kinda woman," Row said with a wink then poured the wine. "So, I've been dying to meet the woman who finally caught that man's attention."

Jess' cheeks heated up under the blonde's gaze. "I'm still trying to understand how that happened."

Row sat on a stool at the island with a little wave for Jess to do the same. "Well I can tell you he's the type to make very thoughtful choices, especially about who he lets get close to him. I suppose that's because of his father but either way if he's let you this far into his life I'm inclined to trust his judgment." She took a sip from her glass. "He mentioned you met online."

Jess nodded. "A dating website." Her eyebrows went up as she sighed softly. "I had no idea what I was saying yes to when I agreed to meet him for coffee."

Row laughed. "You didn't exchange pictures?"

"He didn't offer and I didn't feel comfortable asking." Jess took a breath. "If what he says is true it makes sense."

Row's hands lifted to make little air quotes next to her head. "Give you a chance to get to know the man before being distracted by the pretty picture."

"Exactly," Jess said with a laugh.

"Sounds like something he would do." She gave Jess a sympathetic look. "I can see why it would be a bit hard to believe." Jess nodded. "Blake said you took some convincing."

Jess looked down at her wine glass. "He's a good negotiator."

"And a rake, a heart breaker, and a scoundrel."

"I get that impression."

"Mom!" One of the little boys came barreling into the room. "Sadie said to ask you if we can go swimming." He crashed into Row's thigh, almost knocking her off the stool.

"Riley!" She grabbed the counter to steady herself. "You're going to have to wait." He took a big breath. "We're going to eat in a little while."

The breath he'd taken released in a hearty sigh. "Alright."

"Have you met uncle Eric's girlfriend?"

"No," he grumbled.

"Well, what do we do when there's a guest?"

He turned to Jess and shoved his hand at her. His bright blue eyes disappeared under the force of his frown. "Hi," he mumbled the word.

Jess shook his hand quickly before he could yank it away. "Hi."

He turned back to his mother. "Can I go back outside now?"

"Yes," Row said with a sigh. She looked at Jess. "One of these days they'll learn some manners." She hopped down from the stool. "We should probably go make an appearance." Jess followed the petite blonde out onto the deck to meet her family. The kids streaked towards them a few seconds after their mother called out. After a split second greeting the boys took off again, running toward the men standing by the big silver grill. The red headed Ryan turned from his station and greeted Jess. She took the hand he held out and smiled shyly.

"I've heard good things about you," Ryan said with a grin.

"I hope so," she murmured. Emily smiled at her shyly from her vantage point behind her father's leg. She held a blonde baby doll against her chest while she watched the grown ups.

"Hun," Row said as she grabbed Eric's forearm. "Can you help me with the trays?"

"Sure," He answered then took a second to plant a soft kiss on Jess' cheek before following Row into the house. Jess watched him for a second then turned back to Blake and Ryan.

As soon as Eric entered the kitchen Row turned on him with a big smile. "So, she's not what I was expecting."

"I told you she was different than the others," he said as he moved around the island to grab one of the trays of plates and condiments. She scurried after him with a little laugh.

"Ya but—"

"Grab a tray young lady. There's hungry monsters out there," he said with a wink then walked around the other side of the island and out the door. Row was still smiling when she got back to the deck and set the tray of salads and buns on the long wood table. Eric was busy setting out the plates. When the boys ran by he grabbed them and set them to work with the silverware then stepped back to supervise. The table was surrounded by chaos as the boys raced to see who could finish first. Row dodged their little bodies with a laugh then watched them sprint off into the yard. When she turned back Eric was watching Jess as she listened to Ryan go on about his grilling technique. His eyes shifted to Row as she moved next to him. She grinned up at him.

"What that for?" he asked.

"Nothing." His eyes narrowed. "Really." She turned her gaze toward the grill. "I have a good feeling about her."

"Me too," Eric said quietly.

"Somethings different this time— Besides the obvious." Eric nodded, his eyes back on Jess. "But you're unsettled about something?"

He laughed softly. "I feel like a fucking teenager." Her shoulders shook with laughter. "Shut up," he growled.

"Honey." Her fingers brushed his arm. "I'm happy for you."

"I'm too old to be feeling like this."

"Don't be silly, you're not even forty yet. And age doesn't change how we react when we find the right person."

"Then why do I feel so ridiculous?"

"Because you're a little late to the party."

"Hey, be nice."

Row grabbed his arm to keep him from walking away. Jess looked over at them and Eric's lips curved as their eyes met. Row squeezed his arm. "Don't be like that. You know what I mean."

"Sorry." He looked down at her. "I'm just not used to being so crazed."

"You are a bit of a control freak," she said with a wink.

"I like knowing what the hell I'm supposed to do."

"What's wrong with a little excitement?"

"Excitement—" He cleared his throat. "Isn't a problem."

Row laughed softly. "What is then?"

"Uncertainty." His gaze followed Jess as she moved from the grill, following Emily's insistent voice to a group of chairs near the edge of the deck. "Constantly wondering if I'm going to scare her away again." He looked down at Row. "I sound nuts don't I?"

She patted his arm. "No, you sound like you're falling for her." Her voice was gentle, her gaze earnest.

He shook his head. "It's too soon."

"Says who?" He opened his mouth to answer. "Sure it's quick, but I've always suspected that when you found the right woman you'd go fall hard and fast." She patted his arm again. "You'll be okay." She nodded toward Jess who was graciously accepting the doll Emily had shoved into her arms. The little girl turned and ran across the deck to her mother. Jess tucked the doll into her lap as she watched Emily with a smile. "She seems like a gentle soul."

Eric bent down to catch Emily and swung her up as he straightened. Emily squealed in delight. "Mommy!"

"Yes my little love?"

"Daddy said dinner's almost ready," Emily said with a giggle.

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute," Row said then turned to grab a plate to bring to her husband.

"Kay!" she chirped. Eric set her on her feet and she raced back to her daddy. Blake snatched her up when she reached them.

"That kid is going to end up in Cirque," Eric said with a laugh.

"I doubt Ryan would allow that but yes that would be an excellent place for her."

Eric grinned as he started forward to bring Jess, who was in what appeared to be a very serious conversation with Emily, to the table.

He decided then that Row was right Jess was a gentle soul. As he looked down at her smiling face and felt his lips curve in answer he hoped he hadn't drawn her into to world that would stomp all over that delicate quality.

*****

"He hasn't asked you yet?"

Row and Jess were sitting at the table after dinner, removed from the chaos happening in the pool. Ryan and Blake were in the water with the kids while Eric was leaning against a nearby shed chatting with the beleaguered Sadie. The young woman was watching her charges with half an eye as she and Eric made small talk. He didn't notice her lack of attention since his gaze kept moving back to where Jess was. His eyebrows went up as Row yelled his name and waved her hand in a get over here motion. He excused himself then made his way around the pool, getting splashed by his laughing brother in the process.

"What if he wasn't planning to?" Jess asked softly and scooted down in her chair slightly.

"Don't be silly, of course he was." Row sat back with a smile. "You haven't asked Jess to the fundraiser yet?' She called out as Eric approached the table.

His head tilted back as he laughed. "For a second I thought it was something serious."

Row frowned. "How is this not serious?"

"I was planning to ask you later this week," he said as he smiled at Jess.

"It's next Saturday. You're not leaving her much time to go shopping," Row said then picked up her wine glass.

"Shopping?" Jess looked at Row.

"Actually this might work out better anyway. I need a new gown. Why don't you come with me?"

"A gown?" Jess looked up at Eric. "How formal is this?"

Eric sighed. "It's a stuffy formal dinner." He squatted down and took her hand. "Will you be my date?"

"I can't afford to buy a gown," she said quietly.

"Eric will pay for it," Row said brightly. Jess opened her mouth to protest.

"I'd be happy to," he said with a little smile.

"I can't ask—"

"It's just a dress." He leaned closer. "A very small expense that I'm more than willing to pay if it means having you with me." He lifted her hand to his lips and pressed a kiss to her knuckles. "Say yes."

She stared at those lips for moment. "Okay," she said softly.

"Thank you." He squeezed her fingers gently.