Enter Sandman Ch. 02

Story Info
A Tale of Friendship and Betrayal.
1.8k words
4.37
39.3k
10

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/26/2022
Created 12/21/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers

Officer Training was a breeze. There was alot of classroom work but I must say I did enjoy the practical work more. The most exciting thing for me was that once I completed officer training I would be able to start my Business Degree.

I completed my training and suddenly I was 2nd Lt Roger Easton. There were a couple of drawbacks regarding the business degree though. Firstly I had to give more time to the Army so add an extra 3 years on top of the 4 years I had initially signed up for and secondly I would be based out of the Army History Unit. This meant office work so I wouldn't get out in the field anytime soon.

The office pretty well run itself I had a fantastic Sgt who basically ran the place and I let him. The Sgt had seen action in Iraq and had been injured in an attack but he had a real love of the army and its traditions. Pretty soon this was infectious and I gained a real insight into our army history and the love of its traditions.

I hadn't heard from Sandman for awhile he was over in 'the shit' as he liked to put it. I worried for him but I knew he was well trained and as he said when your times up its up.

This was the first time I felt really stable I was studying for my degree, had set work hours and was still boxing when I could. Funny it felt more like I worked for a bank than the Army. The only thing really missing from my life was a good woman. I was a romantic at heart and had dated a few women and ended up in their bed. While the sex was good (what sex isn't!)I didn't have anything in common with them so it never lasted. This was all soon to change.

I had travelled back to my hometown for the weekend of a big music festival. I wanted to see my folks and Sandman's folks and maybe catch up with a few friends, shoot the shit and have a few brews. Well on Friday night I caught up with all the folks and with all the news. My Dad was considering selling the hardware store and retiring he was just holding out for more money. Sandman's folks were good with his Dad infact taking over as Police Chief. They hadn't heard from Sandman as everything was still hush hush over there.

I woke early Saturday morning and went for my run. Getting back I had a shower and got dressed coming down to a nice breakfast. Mother's gotta love them! I then went in with dad and helped him open the store.

While in the store the direction of my life changed.

"Roger, Roger Easton?"

I turned around and there was Susan Bates standing next to this gorgeous brunette.

"Susan Bates. How are you?"

"I'm good Roger but it's Susan Peterson now"

Sweet lord I thought Doug actually married her. Susan went on to explain that she was with her cousin and they were in town for the festival. Doug was apparently overseas on a business trip and so she thought she'd bring her cousin Kelly to her old hometown.

Susan then introduced me to Kelly, what a vision. I had to wonder what the hell two beautiful women were doing in a hardware store but apparently Susan saw me and came in prior to going to their hair appointment next door.

I ended up making a promise to meet them at the festival and to "catch up". My old man had seen the exchange and had a laugh. He told me to watch myself as Susan was "on the prowl". I said to him she was married now, he told me that it didn't stop her coming to town every couple of months and spreading her legs for every tom, dick and harry. Good to see a solid marriage I thought to myself. Too bad, I only had eyes for Kelly.

After catching up with a few friends I went home and cleaned up, had some lunch and then went forward to my destiny or should I say the festival. The festival was in full swing by the time I got there and sure enough I saw Susan and Kelly. Kelly looked pretty uncomfortable as Susan was flirting with every man that came within 2 feet of her.

I walked up and said hello. Kelly gave me a beautiful little smile, whilst Susan obviously intoxicated gave me a big sloppy kiss and then grabbed me between the legs.

"Looks like he needs something to eat Roger" Susan giggled

I told her I was fine. We ended up finding a table and I brought myself and the girls some drinks and food. Then for the next unbearable hour I had to listen to Susan prattle on about her life. Apparently Susan had married Doug straight after graduation as Doug had put a bun in the oven. It sounded like a gunshot wedding to me as the Petersons' and Bates' were the richest families in town and the scandal would have been enormous.

Fortunately for the human race Susan lost the baby early on. Apparently Doug had joined his Father's business and he was in charge of international business for the company thus the frequent trips away but his Father was in ill health and Doug would soon be taking over the company for good. Susan was a "lady of leisure". Leisure maybe but she wasn't no lady!

Susan must have felt the bad vibes from me as she soon went off with Peter Morrison (the ex- Police Chief's son) to "look at his new car". He was apparently Doug's friend.

"Well that's the last we'll see of my slut cousin"

I burst out laughing; Kelly wanted to know what was so funny. I just said she hadn't changed much. I then had the more pleasant task of getting to know Kelly. Kelly was born and raised on an Army Base and worked as a Human Resources Manager for a large corporation. Well it didn't take two guesses which corporation. Peterson Corporation. Apparently Susan helped her get her foot in the door due to Doug and therefore she went to events with Susan as she felt she owed her.

We then talked about family, my work and all the other things that came up. We found we had alot in common and we thoroughly enjoyed the time together. We ended up going to dinner and what was more exciting was the fact that we both lived and worked in the same city. At the end of the night we exchanged numbers and promised to make a date for the following week. I went to sleep that night a very happy man.

Things progressed pretty rapidly from there. We started dating and progressively got closer and closer before I knew it we had been together for almost 2 years. Kelly was old fashioned and while she had lost her virginity to her first love she wanted to wait until we were married before having sex. Stupidly I agreed. Believe me things got very frustrating but on the plus side we got to know each other inside and out. Another plus was it didn't stop oral sex. The Bates girls were sure good at that!

The only sour note was the times Susan Peterson would be involved with our lives and the shadow of Doug always followed. Kelly knew my feelings about Doug and Susan but for her sake I put up with it. I met Kelly's folks and although I wasn't socially in their league they put up with me. I think it helped that I was an officer in the army and had some common ground with Kelly's father who was a retired General.

I had completed my degree and I knew the time was right and so I proposed to Kelly and she accepted. I did the right thing and asked her father who agreed, however her mother was none too pleased and said I would be a 'Starter Husband'. My folks liked Kelly as she was down to earth and even though she came from money she didn't flaunt it. Of course a pre-nuptial agreement was signed prior to the wedding on her mother's insistence. I had a feeling that somehow Doug Peterson had put this idea in Susan's head and it had been passed down to her Aunt.

The wedding went off well; sadly Sandman couldn't be there as he was still uncontactable. I got his younger brother to stand in for him as best man. Thankfully Doug was 'overseas' and didn't come. It was a good day and even a better night as Kelly and I found we were as compatible in bed as out.

Life went on and we did all the stuff you'd expect we brought a nice house in a nice neighbourhood. We regularly ravished each other and started to talk about the future. We both wanted kids but first I had to decide on the Army or a civilian lifestyle. In the end we decided I should use my degree and so I started looking around for a new career. I got lucky and a major bank needed someone to run their internal and external security. The job payed twice what I was making in the Army so I put in my papers and my Army days were over.

We started trying for kids right away but it just didn't happen. Although I knew I was under greater pressure and worked more hours I knew there had to be more. I went to the doctor and had myself examined and a few days later I got the bad news that I was sterile. I didn't know how I was going to tell Kelly she really wanted kids. I thought I'd look into adoption, get the facts, take her on a cruise and break the bad news to her then.

Well that plan went to shit when I surprised her with the cruise. Kelly responded by saying that she had been promoted and was now reporting directly to the CEO of Peterson Corporation. Mr Doug Peterson. Doug had asked her as the Human Resources' Department Head to accompany him on a 2 week tour of their businesses throughout the various states. Some layoffs were going to happen and Kelly was needed.

I had a bad feeling about this but what could I say? Kelly knew my concerns but assured me Doug had completely changed from his high school self and that he was all business. I knew she was wrong the morning she left;the asshole showed up in a limo with a big grin and a wave to me. Kelly kissed me on the way out and promised she'd call me when she could. With that the limo drove off.

I spent the next few days sulking, Kelly called and said everything was fine and that Doug was all business. The weekend finally came and I was sitting down and having breakfast Saturday morning when there was a knock at the door; I opened it to find a well tanned individual standing at the entry.

It was Sandman...............

End of Part 2

davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers