Enter the Cat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"Full moon was last night but it'll be bright tonight since there isn't much cloud around," Tawny states and moves to pull her mobile from her pocket and glance at the screen before giving a disappointed little sigh.

"Problems?" I enquire.

"Just got put on emergency calls by the vet," she sounds disappointed. This is my opening to see if I can ease any information from her.

"Pete told us there's been some trouble," I offer.

"Yeah. Shit happens and rich arseholes who get exotic pets and don't house them securely cause it," she says bitterly.

"Exotic pets?" I question gently.

"Yeah exotic pets as in possibly a couple of African lions or some huge tigers," Tawny answers tightly. I notice she is slightly tense and she doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

"Can we change the subject? I've had enough of looking at the results to last me a life time," she says.

"That bad?" I try to lead her but she clearly doesn't want to talk. I try to start a conversation one more time before giving in to the comfortable silence between us.

"How long have you lived around here?" I ask with interest.

"For as long as I can remember," Tawny says softly, reluctantly. We fall back into the comfortable silence and when she stretches out comfortably in her seat I allow my closest foot to touch her shoe. She starts slightly glancing down at our feet before looking at me nervously.

"I don't mind if you don't," I tell her gently before taking several deep swallows of beer. Her eyes are huge and remind me of a trapped animal's eyes. After a few moments she gives a jerky nod. She looks away and I can see she is fighting for control of her fear. I make light conversation trying to take her mind off the fact my foot is touch hers and gradually she shows signs of warming to me. But when I return to the patio after getting another beer I accidentally brush against her shoulder she gasps and jerks away. It is obvious the unexpected contact has seriously scared her and when she sits down I control the urge to sit beside her and comfort her. Instead I end up asking if I can sit beside her.

"What type of work you in?"

It's hard to give a safe answer, what can I tell her? That I chase down were cats intent on causing trouble or the doom of my species? I grit my teeth hating even a half lie between us.

"Security." It's the closest to the truth I can manage. It seems my tension is contagious and it isn't long before Tawny is making her excuses and saying she is leaving. I stand before she does and when I hold my hand out to help her to stand she only hesitates a few moments before placing her small hand in mine and allowing me to help her to her feet.

"I'll walk you to your car," I offer as I hold her hand. I go to lead the way through the house but I feel her hesitation and stop to look back at her.

"You'll tell Pete I said see him later?" There is uncertainty in her voice as she speaks.

"If that's what you want," I try to reassure her as I brush the back of her hand with my thumb gently. I see the awareness in her nervous glance and allow her to pull her hand free then follow her as she moves around the side of the house, slowly glancing back at me several times. I can't tell if it is in invitation or caution but when she reaches her ute she turns to face me, her back against the vehicle and a look of nervous expectation in her eyes.

"What do you want?" I ask as I lean closer placing a hand either side of her to enable me to get close without touching her physically.

"Jus ...just a kiss," she whispers and I don't need a second invitation as I lean in close. I keep the kiss light and chaste barely tasting her as I slip my tongue between her lips and pull away as heat flares wildly in my veins at her taste.

Her soft sigh when I lift my head is my undoing and I cup her face in my hands and close my lips over hers. She tastes sweet, hot and spicy as I thrust my tongue into her mouth, hungry for her. She jerks away from me gasping as she draws air into her lungs, pushing urgently against my chest as she tries to get room between us. I release her and stumble back a step stunned by my need for her but unable to do more than watch as she climbs into her ute, slamming the door and locking it before slipping the key into the ignition with a shaking hand.

Gravel sprays as she peels out of the yard fishtailing the Ute in her hurry to put some distance between us. I can only stand and watch as my inner cat yowls his displeasure in my mind, wanting me to follow her to her home. I watch as the vehicle stops on the main road, sits stationary half a minute or more before pulling back onto the road and speeding off. I grit my teeth as I wonder what veterinary emergency she is rushing off to and if the rogue strays will be near by while she works on livestock they have attacked.

"Steven! Pete! Get out here! We're leaving now! Move it!" I yell as I head for the work van.

"I couldn't play by her rules could I? No! I just HAD to go and scare the daylights out of her! Damn my cat to hell and back!" I swear viciously to myself and turn around to see Steven walking towards me with a huge grin on his face.

"Don't say a word! Not one word!" I snarl furious with myself. Steven is silent as he climbs into the driver's seat and I glare at him as Pete locks up his house before carrying a large esky toward the van.

That had been my last sight of Tawny, wide eyed and trembling with both desire and fear. The next morning just after I had gotten back from a solitary run to burn off some of my sexual frustration, she had rang Pete early saying she was off to a university lecture. I had fed him questions to relay to her –When would she be back? Would she come and home supper at his place the night she got back? Was there a way to contact her while she was away? But she had brushed the questions aside with barely an answer, nothing more than a maybe to supper.

Her Ute had turned up four days later, not far from where the mauled livestock she had worked on were. It was crashed headlong into a tree just off the road but there were no visible signs of why. Lingering faintly beneath the scents of the police who had gone over it was the scent of a stray tom, one I recognised from around the dead beast in the yard. Had he extracted vengeance for the interference with the surviving cattle and her presence around his kills?

* * * * *

A couple of weeks after dealing with the problem strays near Pete's place there had been one welcome call, a call from Bert Stephan - the father of Belladonna (Donna) Stephan one of the young she-kitts from a different clan.

"G'day Micah, Steven," Conner Stephan says as he shakes my hand. His brothers Albie and Callum step forward as Conner steps past me to shake Steven's hand in greeting and I nod to both the younger brothers.

"Glad to see both of you made it," Albie says. I know he is commenting on the fact I had said I might not be able to come when he had rang me but I had decided that I couldn't insult the Stephan family or Donna by refusing the invitation to visit while she was in heat.

"I had thought that maybe you wouldn't be here but seeing how Edwin is here with Timny ..." Albie says shrugging as he leaves the rest of his comment unspoken.

"Edwin's here is he?" I ask curiously, "Oh well – it doesn't matter. Where is Donna?"

"Donna is in the station house," Albie says speaking of the old style homestead that had been moved onto the property as accommodation for the warriors. "She's making the most of the time she has left before she has to go see Mother."

"I might wander over and say hallo if you don't mind," I say to the three brothers.

"That sounds like a grand idea," Steven agrees.

We head towards the old style homestead, and as we get nearer I can hear the buzz of voices inside as well as music playing. There is an air of celebration about the place and I feel a genuine smile grow as I step onto the wooden veranda. The occasion of a she-kitt coming into heat is always a bit of a celebration and I enjoy the gathering of toms and warriors from various clans.

The door opens beneath my hand and I lead the way inside past the bedrooms and to the open style combined lounge room and dining room. The first person I see is Edwin and when he looks over his shoulder to see who walked in the door, I see Donna between him and the wall. Her lips are slightly parted and softly swollen as if they had been kissing and her eyes look slightly dazed.

"Micah! You made it here!" Donna says breathlessly as she moves away from Edwin. She spares him a slightly apologetic smile before walking towards me.

"Oh hallo Steven, I see you're here as well," Donna says with a shy smile.

"G'day beautiful Belladonna," Steven says walking past me to take the opportunity to drop a kiss on her lips when she lifts her face to his. She allows him to halt her progress for a moment before pushing away from him gently and taking the few steps to stand in front of me.

"Can we go for a walk outside Micah?" Donna asks with a shy and self-conscious smile.

"What? I don't even get to say hallo?" I ask quietly with a half smile. I watch as a faint blush colours her cheeks and she lifts her chin and turns her head slightly to present her cheek for my kiss. I lift one hand and place a single finger beneath her chin, then drop a light kiss on her cheek before lifting my head slightly. I use my finger to turn her face towards mine before lowering my head once again. Her lips part beneath mine but I keep the kiss light and brief not asking for anything she isn't willing to give me.

"Just a moment and I'll be right with you Donna," I say with a smile when she opens her eyes after I have broken off the kiss. I feel one of her hands grasp mine lightly and I offer her a smile before turning my attention back to Edwin.

"Where is your team?" I ask quietly.

"We were supposed to be headed out Inverell way, but when I got the call to come here I organised with Sam to take that job while my team heads out Nimbin way when he gets back." Edwin says a touch defiantly.

"I take it the job out at Inverell needs a full team," I say quietly but frown at him for having changed the orders I had originally given when I had received a call from Wade.

"Yes it does," Edwin confirms and I can see a muscle tic along his jaw as he clenches his teeth.

"Fair enough." I concede before turning a warm smile Donna's way. "I'm all yours now Pretty One."

"Shall we go outside into the sun?" Donna smiles coyly at me as she turns her face away from me slightly to glance at me flirtatiously from beneath her eyelashes.

"Whatever you wish Pretty One," I say dropping my voice for her hearing alone. She smiles prettily and tugs my hand slightly as she turns towards the door; I fall into step beside her happily and reach past her to open the outer door when we reach it. I am aware of two or more of her brothers following behind us but pay them no heed knowing that they will not try to interfere between us unless I try something Donna doesn't want me to do.

Outside is pleasantly warm and I let Donna lead the way out of sight of the windows in the homestead and towards one of the many machinery sheds around the clearing.

"I was beginning to get worried that you wouldn't make it," Donna says quietly.

"Oh?" I question softly. As I halt beside her when she stops and leans back against the side of an old building.

"And I do so much want you here," Donna says slightly breathlessly and shy as she darts a glance towards my face.

"Mmmhhhuh," I murmur.

"Yes," she confirms and blushes as she glances at me again before looking away and then looking back at me nervously. "I want to send the invitation to you ..." her voice trails off and I remember that this is only the second time she will be inviting a tom to spend time with her while she is on heat. The first time she had invited me 'into the cage' and I had willingly accepted, but to be invited a second time and immediately after the first time hinted at a deeper interest.

Let me take the time to explain what he meant by 'an invitation into the cage.' – She-kitts go into seclusion during heat so that every tom near abouts isn't fighting over who gets the chance to mate with her. She has the right to choose who she wants and sends an 'invitation' via her mother to the chosen tom when the time comes that she wants the tom with her.

The mother will put and lock both the she-kitt and her chosen tom into a secure cage to ensure that no other tom gets near them as the tom with the she-kitt gets very possessive and will attack any other tom who comes near his she-kitt while she is in heat.

"I'll be honoured to accept," I say gently as I move closer and slip my arms around her. I lower my head and cover her lips with mine; the taste of her is sweet as I slip my tongue into her mouth to brush against hers briefly. I feel her breasts push against my chest as she arches into my embrace and I close my mind to memories of another time, another place, and another female body.

"I'll be taking precautions," Donna says when I stop kissing her for a few minutes. "I want to be sure ... I want both of us to be sure ..." her voice trails off with a trace of embarrassment in it.

"I totally agree with you there," I reassure her. "We're both young and there's no sense in rushing into things." Most young she-kitts are concerned about contraception unless they are engaged to the tom with them. Even then planning a kitt is generally left until after the marriage. Single parenthood is definitely frowned on among werecats and a pregnancy would result in a hurried marriage.

Donna would be a good match as a wife, and the union would strengthen ties between our clans. I wouldn't be far from my family if we were to marry and I moved into her clan as is the custom. Another point in her favour was the fact all of my brothers and my sister liked her, which meant there is little likelihood of any objections from them to the match if things worked out that way for us.

The memory of a pair of startling violet eyes wide with fear and arousal intrudes into my mind and I look away from Donna for a few moments. As hard as it is I know my duties to my clan and my species; if Donna chooses me I must follow that path of my destiny. Survival of the species is one of my first priorities.

"Micah?" Donna's voice pulls me from my thoughts and I smile as I turn to face her; she returns my smile and looks away for a moment before taking a deep breath and turning back to me. "Is there another she-kitt you're interested in?" she asks uneasily and I realise she has picked up on my distracted state.

"This would be a big step Donna," I tell her seriously, "Don't get me wrong I am honoured ... it's just I ..."

"I know I'm very forward being the one to mention it but I believe we would be good as a couple and I ... I wanted to make it clear I am interested in you before some other she-kitt beats me to it," Donna rushes to say before moving away several steps and glancing back at me nervously.

I realise I can't diminish Donna's announcement with mention of a human female nor can I brush aside the importance of this occasion. I nod and glance towards where her brothers are standing at a discreet distance before looking back at her and offering her my arm. She is slightly reserved as she slips her dainty hand onto my forearm but she falls into step beside me as I head for a sunny area sheltered from the slight evening breeze.

I sit down in a warm spot and cuddle Donna against my side when she sits beside me. She snuggles close and soon we are kissing once again. Even though she is coming into heat and is eager for my attentions I control myself and go no further than kissing and fondling her breasts. I am hard with arousal as she sits across my lap and presses herself against my chest as I kiss her but I control my own desires. It is important to me that I treat her with the respect she deserves and not just use her to satisfy my natural desires.

"Time to break it up you pair," Albie's voice cuts into my awareness and I raise my head as I stop kissing Donna. I feel my inner cat bristle menacingly as I reluctantly loosen my hold on her and turn my head to glare at her brothers. Donna whimpers and presses herself against me wanting my undivided attention.

"Time to head inside," Timny says taking a step towards us. I climb to my feet pulling Donna up as well and move to stand between her and her brothers; my inner cat demands I warn them off and I shake my head in an attempt to clear it.

"Back the fuck off Timny," I warn in a deep growl. Donna slips her arms around me from behind attempting to reclaim my attention but I ease her away from me as I become aware that she is very close to full heat, which is making both her and I act inappropriately.

"Micah," Albie warns in a stern voice and I shake my head again as a low growl rises in my throat. I become aware in the human part of my brain I must get Donna to the safety of her parents' home, and I take hold of her arm firmly but gently as I begin to lead her towards the house. I am aware of her brothers following us at a distance but I control the urge to turn around and challenge them.

Her mother meets us just outside the front door and comes forward to take Donna by the arm as I back away from her.

"I'll see you soon Micah!" Donna calls after me and I pause to look back at her for a moment.

"I'll be there," I promise before turning and striding towards the old homestead in frustration. I ignore everyone as I head inside and straight to the bathroom and shower. I know I will feel more level headed and calm if I wash the smell of Donna off of me.

I put the shower on cold and step beneath the spray, the cold water quickly cools the lust in my body but I know that within twenty-four hours or a little more Isabel Stephan - Donna's mother, will walk to the homestead and tell me that Donna has invited me to visit with her.

Steven is waiting when I walk out into the main room of the house and he grins widely with a sidelong glance at Edwin before making his way to the kitchen to retrieve two beers. He hands me one and we wander out onto the western veranda.

"Edwin's pissed off," Steven tells me. "Apparently he was expecting the invite until you turned up."

"Tough for him," I mutter and sip my beer before staring pensively out towards the sinking sun, lost in my own thoughts.

Steven pushes my shoulder roughly drawing my attention back to reality. "She's really gotten into your blood hasn't she? I just spent five minutes talking to you and I doubt you heard a word," he says with a laugh and I frown angrily at him. He meets my glare for a few seconds and the smile fades from his face as he turns away and shakes his head.

"That is so fucked up mate," Steven says earnestly. "You got one of the prettiest young she-kitts who is about to give you an invitation into the cage and ..." he shakes his head and looks towards the sun as well.

"I'm making a phone call," Steven mutters and pulls his mobile from his shirt pocket.

"Don't bother," I tell him through gritted teeth. "I won't disrespect Donna that way," I say tersely and walk away. As much as I want to hear that Tawny has returned home and is safe and well, my future lies with Donna or my clan.

* * * * *

It is mid afternoon the following day before Isabel and Bert Stephan walk to the old homestead. All of us warriors are seated in the sun on the northern side of the house. We see them first and some begin talking quietly.

"Bet it'll be Edwin," someone mutters. "He's the oldest."

"No it definitely will be Micah. Didn't you see how upset Donna got when she heard he might not make it?" Timny mutters.

"Donna invited Micah into the cage last time. Another invite so soon ... hell it would make some think there might be something going on between them," Steven says quietly.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers