Equal Shares Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers

"Mmmm. Yes, I know you do, Denise," Elizabeth answered her, soothingly.

"I can't talk to Elaine about this, Elizabeth. I'm sorry to have to troubleyouwith all of this, but..."

"But?"

"Laney and I have this history. I can't keep running back to her every time I hit a bump in my relationships. She's got her own relationship to take care of. Lord knows I'm tempted, but I can't do that. Apart from anything else, I think she'd resent me for trying."

"I'm not so sure about that – Elaine is a true friend. She's listened tomewith a sympathetic ear before." This wasentirelynews to Denise. For a moment she forgot her own troubles, what possible problems could Elizabeth have had?

Elizabeth continued, "Not that I mind at all, of course. I understand your need to talk; I also understand whyyoufeel you can't ring Elaine. Of course, you can't talk to Stan or Anne about it.Yet. You'll have to, sooner or later, to clear things up between you. Otherwise it'll always be there, and you and he in particular have had a friendship that began a lot earlier than May."

"I'm not sure I can do that." Denisewassure. She couldn't.

"Not now, perhaps," Elizabeth replied, smoothly. "But you will."

"Maybe," Denise said in a doubtful tone, "but not for a while. I'll just have to try and keep professional, and keep emotions out of it for now."

"Just don't do a Stan on me, and withdraw and get morose. I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime. Promise?"

"I promise, Elizabeth. Just as long as I have you to cry to, it'll be fine. Good night, Elizabeth."

"'Night, Denise. Sleep well. I – I'll see you in the morning."

They hung up. Denise was sure Elizabeth had hesitated, but put it out of her mind and got ready for bed.

steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers
12