Equal Shares Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers

"That jibes with what Anne said."

"Um-hmmm. The pay offer's nothing wonderful, but if they do get to an IPO, or bought out for a decent amount before it, the bonuses will be substantial. Of course, nothing like Sid or Ken's or even Anne's, but still – we'll be in a good position to go look for somewhere else at our leisure."

- - - - - - - - - -

That was still the conclusion as the three of them sipped celebratory glasses of wine back at Stan's house that evening. Both Denise and Stan had been made offers, and both assured Anne that they'd be accepting. It was now just a matter of handing in their notices to The Firm.

"Stan, could you do me a big favour though and see if you can get some process information out of Shucor? I need it before long – actually, I need it now, really, to continue the project."

"I'll see what I can do, Anne," Stan told her through a wide grin. "Should I bill Boundless Waves for my time?"

"I don't think you can do that yet, Stan," she told him, smiling also.

"I hope you'll be making your own backups, Anne. From what I can see, neither Mr. McKuan nor even Dr. Thoroughgood realise just how meticulous you have to be."

"Oh, I think Sid does. He just doesn't havetime. Make no mistake, people, this isn't a charity thing. You'll both be working your socks off."

"Well, that's okay. Here's to working our socks off – but being together."

They chinked glasses together, all three smiling.

- - - - - - - - - -

The following morning, Stan told Bob of his intention to leave. "I know I'm required to give a month's notice, but if it's at all possible I'd like to quit a little earlier, Bob," he told his boss.

"I'll see what can be done, but I make no promises, Stan," came the reply.

Later that morning, Denise reported the same result when she saw Stan. "I don't think they're willing to just let us go, and I can understand that," she told him, "but I really would like to go as early as possible, now I've made up my mind."

"True, in both cases," Stan answered rather ruefully.

He thought for a minute, and then said, "You know, we might be certifiable. We're trying to get The Firm to give us an early exit from our comfortable, safe jobs so we can go slog our guts out working all the hours God sends in a job with no security at all."

"Yes, but focus on the rewards, Stan. No, my mistake. Focus on being with me, and Anne, all day. You'll be able to see us both, every day, without having to make excuses about PC problems or needing to check on a design question. That should be reward enough!"

"Oh,God. I'll just have to make sure I get the best bonus I can out of Sid and Ken..."

Denise hit him, giggling.

- - - - - - - - - -

steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers
12