Errors of Omission

Story Info
Even a strong marriage encounters difficult situations.
3.4k words
4.25
101.6k
83
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers

A flash story suggested by a fan named Cindi.

Please read my profile for my stance on feedback. Feel free to email suggestions or start a conversation. Private messages work too.

Ray Charles: "Forever with you, yeah, it just isn't long enough."

+ + + +

My wife, Cora, is a stay at home mother. Our daughters are aged one and three.

Cora's mother, Lois, spends a lot of time at our house. She's divorced, twice, and appears to be dating again. She lives in the basement of her sister and brother-in-law's house. I'm not sure where Lois gets her money, but she doesn't live lavishly. Lois drives a clunker, which bothers me. She sometimes takes the kids and Cora to doctor's appointments.

Some days Lois hangs around long after the kids are in bed. This has caused some delays in Cora and me getting it on. Sex with Cora is relatively quiet. She squeals and squeaks, but goes out of her way to keep it down.

I'm a very jealous guy. It rankles me to see men ogle Cora. I know, get over it. Men will mentally undress women, that's just life. When Cora gets us started by doing a slow strip tease, I count my blessings.

I love the taste of her sex. Licking the surrounding peach fuzz gets her juices flowing. Using my tongue and fingers, her well timed noises alert me to her oncoming orgasm.

After coming down from her high, she proceeds to orally pleasure my cock. After blowing my load, we cuddle while she coaxes my cock back into service. I can't say I enjoy one position over any other as they all result in my cock twitching with delight. The thought of any other man enjoying this just galls me. I do what I can to make sure Cora wants no other.

+ + + +

Wednesday night found me in my hotel room, working away. I was putting the finishing touches on my presentation. Running error check and the likes, I was pleased with the result. As with any presentation, or story for that matter, an editor would be a plus. Since I was on the road, it just wasn't possible.

Still, things had gone so well that I had time to run down to the restaurant and have a hot meal. My job doesn't involve a ton of travel, and even when it does, the trips are short. I left my house at noon today. Tomorrow I'll make my presentation, have dinner with the client, and be on the red-eye flight getting home around 3 Am. I have Friday off and it usually results in some mighty fine sex.

While eating dinner, my neighbor Burt called me. We help each other with yard work, and a couple of times a month we play golf. He has a truck which I borrow when the need arises. I'm good with numbers and help him with his taxes. He has a one year old daughter so we are both learning how to change diapers and heat up milk to the right temperature.

"Hey Alex. Nice wheels. When'd you get it?"

"Now what makes you think I bought a new car?"

"Because I saw you pull it into your garage ten minutes ago. That's that new roadster isn't it? It's not what I expected from a father with two infants."

"Well crap Burt. I'm five hundred miles away. Would you mind going over, peeking in the windows, and taking a few pictures?"

"And get myself arrested? Sorry dude, I won't do that. What I will do is go let the air out of the bastard's tires. Is the key still in the fake rock by the solar birdbath?"

"Yeah, go around back and use the door that leads directly into the garage."

"When he tries to leave, I'll get you some pictures or maybe a video. Deal?"

"I owe you, big time."

I couldn't eat. The things that I was imagining were ripping me apart. Lacking a swimsuit, I went for a swim in my boxers. Once that exhausted me, I sat in the hot tub. Things bouncing around in my head made me lose track of time. Someone pulled me from the hot tub. I wasn't passed out, but just barely functional. At least they didn't call for an ambulance. After a cool dip in the pool, my legs were back under me.

Making my way back to my room, I dreaded turning on my notebook. Checking my phone, there were no calls or texts, from anyone. My heart sank. He must still be there. Should I call? Hell yes, why not?

When Cora answered she sounded completely normal "Hi babe. How was your flight? How's your hotel?"

"Things are good. What's going on?"

"Just put the kids down. You?"

"Finished getting ready for tomorrow and had time to take a swim."

"That's good. You normally don't get to exercise much when you travel."

My stomach was cramping "Well, I've got an early start tomorrow so I'll let you go. Good luck with the tires."

"What did you say?"

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to call and tell you I love you."

"Well, I love you too. Hope it goes well tomorrow."

I stared at the ceiling. The television was on but it was just providing background noise. Paranoia is not your friend. It rips your soul apart. Facts! I need facts!

Around 11 Pm, I heard the ding that told me I had a new email. I looked at the screen and Burt's email squinted at me like a rattlesnake. Did I really want to see the pictures? I heard my phone buzzing. Caller ID told me it was Cora. I let it go to messages. I was stalling. Knowing that I had to find out didn't help. Can I postpone this until I've made my presentation? Would I be so distracted as to be ineffective?

I'm good at what I do, in my job. It's that way because I'm decisive. Quit stalling. Look, react, think, think again, and then act. I opened the email. The guy was easily older than me. Since he had a coat and ball cap on, and it was night time, it was tough to get an accurate guess. Burt's video showed the guy all pissed as he looked at his flat tires. He had backed out of the garage before stopping in the driveway. Cora and Lois were standing by the front door. The man was talking on his cell phone and stomping around. All of a sudden Cora shrieked, put her hands over her mouth, and then moved quickly to get inside. The video ended.

I replied to Burt, thanking him for a job well done.

My phone was buzzing once more. It was Cora again. I thought I should listen to the first message, so I let her leave a second message.

In the first message there was panic in her voice "Alex call me! Call me please! Please call me!"

Under normal circumstances, I would have called back immediately, thinking it might be something about the kids. My phone chimed that I had another voice mail, but before I could listen to it, Burt called.

"Hey dude! I've got four tire stem cores for you. I wish you could have seen them. From being pissed about the tires to realizing what it meant. I heard both of the ladies shriek. Cora was sobbing hard when she came out of the house the second time. Have you heard from her?"

"Yeah, she's left two messages now. As we speak, she's calling again. I'll let it go to messages too. So you took the core's completely out?"

"Of course. Did you expect some half-assed job? The tow truck just showed up. I expect he'll be on the road shortly."

"Again, thanks for doing that, and the video. I guess it's time to talk to Cora. I'll call you tomorrow and give you the skinny."

Taking a deep breath, I listened to messages two and three from Cora. Much like the first one, no information, just pleading with me to call.

My call was answered on the first ring.

"Alex!"

"Are the kids alright? You sound panicked."

"The kids are fine. I needed to tell you something."

"You're all in a panic because you need to tell me something? I just talked to you a few hours ago. What could have possibly changed?"

There was sarcasm dripping from my comment.

"Mom had a guest over, and someone let the air out of his tires. I just wanted you to know that he was mom's guest."

"Well, if he got there AFTER I talked to you earlier, I might believe that. Pray tell, when did he get there?"

"Alex, he's mom's guest. You knew he was here when you called earlier. You said something about tires that didn't make sense then. I should have mentioned it! Let me put mom on, she'll tell you."

"Save it. She'd cover for you regardless of the facts. I've got a busy day tomorrow. Put my clothes in the spare bedroom. I'm not going to hurry home tomorrow night. I'll see you in a few days. Please don't call or text."

"NOOOOO! ALEX! He was mom's guest."

"Good night!"

I terminated the call. A few minutes later Lois called, which went to messages. I powered my phone off. This hotel was too pricey, so I booked a cheaper one near the airport for tomorrow night. It cost a few bucks to push my flight into the following day. I was no longer in a hurry to get home. My heart hurt and my brain was busy working out all of the conspiracy theories. Tossing in stomach cramps, and a rapid pulse, this was going to be a long night.

+ + + +

The presentation, with the client, went better than expected. I expect a signed contract as soon as legal gets the final changes incorporated. Dinner was pleasant. I found myself looking at every woman a little differently.

After checking into my next hotel, I turned my cell phone back on. Lois had called several times, but at least Cora respected my wishes. There were emails from Lois as well. I waited to listen to the voice mails, or read the texts. Instead, I called Burt.

"Hey Burt, things a little quieter around there tonight?"

"Yeah, quite a shouting match last night. Cora and her mom were really going at it. Mommy left around midnight and hasn't been back. The roadster was fixed just after we talked. He peeled rubber getting out of here."

"So Cora says he was her mother's guest. Thoughts?"

"He was older for sure. I guess it's possible. The guy was so pissed that both women kept their distance. I think he said something like 'I'll call you' when he left. My battery was going dead so I cut the video off when I did. I hope you got what you wanted to see?"

"You did good. That is one sharp set of wheels."

"It's rented or a company car. He was having trouble coming up with the paperwork that the tow truck driver wanted. I think it was some kind of road insurance thing."

"Makes sense. I know exactly where all of my papers are."

"Me too. You headed home tonight?"

"I postponed it. I'll be back around dinner time tomorrow. Can you have Cindi do a welfare check on Cora?"

"No problem dude. Let's have a beer or two this weekend."

A half hour later a text from Burt 'Cindi says Cora's eyes are all red and puffy. She talked with her for a bit. Cora cried and sobbed the whole time. Cindi thinks she's telling the truth. Just thought you'd like to know.'

I felt better about things. Turning my notebook back on, I read the mails from Lois. She apologized, took full blame, and would do anything necessary to prove Cora's innocence. It really didn't contain anything to help. What else was she going to say? If he was Cora's friend, this is exactly what her mother would do to protect her. What if it was a threesome? I have to quit thinking of shit like this. My stomach was cramping again.

All of the emails failed to placate me. I responded once, and told Lois that her emails, and voice mails, were exactly what I would expect to hear, if she was covering for Cora.

Instead of letting her leave another voice mail, when Lois called a few minutes later, I answered and hung up in one swift motion. One more failed attempt and she got the message.

+ + + +

I stopped on the way home and picked up a big bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, Burt's favorite. Burt appreciated his gift and shared a shot with me. We chatted for a few minutes, with Cindi also giving me an update, and then I pulled into my garage.

I've never seen Cora looking this bad. No make-up, her hair simply pulled back into a bun, and with bright red puffy eyes.

"Cora, how are the kids?"

"They're good. It's about time to get them up. How was your trip?"

"Productive. I think we got the contract. Smells good, what's for dinner?"

"Lasagna, salad, and bread."

I rousted both kids and enjoyed the love and attention they gave me. The elephant in the room would have to wait until the kids were in bed for the evening. Dinner was excellent. Cora's phone rang a few times. She showed me the caller ID, and both times it was her mother. She let them go to messages.

I gave the kids their bath, read bedtime stories to them, and then kissed them goodnight.

My clothes were in the extra bedroom. When Cora saw me checking it out "I changed the sheets. That's where they did it."

That should have made me feel better, but somehow it didn't. I'm going to sleep where my mother in law fucked her boyfriend? Screwed myself now didn't I.

"Thanks. I'm going change and then we can talk."

Sheepishly "Okay."

Grabbing a beer, I plopped down in my recliner.

"What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't. She was ordering me around and telling me that they wouldn't bother anyone."

"And why should I believe you? You had a chance to tell me, and you didn't."

That brought tears, and not just a few. It took Cora a few minutes to compose herself.

"I would never cheat on you. He's mom's boyfriend. It never occurred to me that you might think he was here for me. This isn't the first time mom's had him over. I didn't tell you those times, and since nobody got hurt, I didn't tell you this time either. I've told mom she is no longer welcome here. If she wants time with her grandchildren, it won't happen here. We had a big fight last night."

"She has a place. Why here?"

"My aunt doesn't want her entertaining her boyfriends at her place."

"You needed to be more like your aunt."

All choked up now "I know. I am now. What's next for us?"

"I really don't know. Look at it from my point of view. A friend says a man pulled into my garage and closed the door. I call you and you act like nothing is going on. Why shouldn't I think that you're a cold blooded cheater?"

More sobbing and shaking. My beer was drained, so I used the restroom. Cora was fighting back the sobs.

"But I'm not. You have to believe me."

"We're not getting anywhere. Let's talk again tomorrow."

A tearful nod of her head sent me off to the spare bedroom. When you stay in hotels, you quickly dismiss the thoughts of how many people have fucked in your bed leading up to the night you stayed there. I had no problem getting to sleep as I was emotionally drained. When I awoke, I found Cora sleeping next to me.

+ + + +

Saturday was a stand-off. I thought she was being truthful, but why the secrecy? When the kids were down for their afternoon nap, we sat down to chat again.

"He was mom's guest. I could never cheat on you."

"So why the secrecy?"

"I don't know. I should have said something."

"Your mom's been divorced twice. We've never talked about it, but was she the cause of them?"

"I'm not positive on her divorces, but I think she cheated on my father. I was away at college when the second marriage fell apart."

"Well isn't that nice. You don't say anything because you're taking notes watching a serial cheater?"

It was a low blow, but I was hurting. Cora choked back the tears "Alex, please, it's not like that."

"Well help me here. WHY haven't you been telling me that Lois is fucking her boyfriends in front of MY kids?"

"Alex! NO! They always had the door closed."

"SO WHY!"

"I DON"T KNOW!"

We were getting nowhere. I walked over to Burt's place and asked Cindi to run interference. Burt shared some of his Black with me. Cindi is a school counselor and volunteered to spend a little time talking with Cora.

Cindi reported back "Alex, I think the problem is that Cora is afraid to stand up to her mother. She finally did after she realized that you were probably behind the flat tires. If I had to guess, I think her mother told her to keep it quiet, and she was afraid to challenge her. She needs to see a therapist. It wouldn't hurt for you to sit in with her a few times. I think your marriage is strong. Go home, make peace."

"Thanks Cindi. You guys up for dinner next weekend? My treat."

Cindi didn't hesitate "Saturday night. Cora and I will decide when and where."

For the first time since I'd come home from my trip, I gave Cora a hug. She practically broke my ribs with her hug back. I suggested getting a marriage counselor and she quickly agreed.

I believed Cora, but it was going to take some time to undo what paranoia had ravaged. In the back of my mind, I really wanted to yell and scream at Lois. When we came home from shopping on Sunday, I got my chance. Lois was sitting in her clunker, waiting for us. When I pulled into the driveway, she got out of her car. Cora bolted towards her as soon as I had it in park.

Cora firmly spoke "YOU are not welcome here. Get back in your car, NOW!"

"Listen to me young lady. Enough of this nonsense!"

I got in Lois's face.

"She told you to leave. You are no longer welcome here! What kind of warped mind do you have where you think you can skank around in front of MY children? Tell me. GET A FUCKING MOTEL OR DO IT IN YOUR BACKSEAT! NOW LEAVE!"

Lois had never seen me with the fire I had in my eyes. It scared her, which was my intention. She shuffled backwards towards her car. Without another word she climbed into the driver's seat, but then just sat there.

I slammed my hand on the trunk "GO!"

The first one didn't work but after a few more, her car rumbled to life. She still didn't move. I walked around to the driver's door and saw a crushed and defeated woman, with tears streaming down her face. I banged on the window and pointed straight ahead. I don't have a heart of stone. I felt sorry for her. She probably hadn't thought about the repercussions of what she'd been doing. She does now.

+ + + +

Epilogue:

Cindi was right. Therapy worked wonders for Cora's confidence. Her mother was no longer her superior. That confidence carried over into our bedroom. Her new found libido allowed for experimenting with toys and positions. Gone was the woman subservient to her mother or me. The confident Cora was much sexier.

When I'm on the road, it takes Cora forever to tell me EVERYTHING about her day. I don't mind.

Lois eventually found herself back in our house. The kids loved and missed their grandmother. Lois continues to date, and I haven't a clue where she goes to get her jollies. That's the way it's supposed to be.

= = = =

= = = =

Larry the Cable Guy: "Did you ever see your parents having sex? Well I did, and it was gross! I'm never going to that website again!"

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers