Erskine Ch. 06

Story Info
An enemy, cats to keep in the bag, friendship formed.
2.6k words
4.52
10k
0

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 06/27/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Junudi
Junudi
20 Followers

I spent the first few days stewing about my mother being gone and having to delay the breaking of her heart. I still did not know how I did it. The days were a blur of cleaning, yoga, writing out what I would say, and thinking of my sweet Erskine. Ah, yoga class, the man who had started flirting with me, continued to try to pursue me. I put up my best defenses, but Yoga helps to make you more open, not closed up, thus defeating my tactics. Bryan, that is his name, placed his mat right next to mine even when I would place myself in an already crowded location. I could feel his eyes on me every time my head was turned away. He would "accidentally" graze my arm or hand. During the airplane pose, his hand even grazed my ass. When I moved farther, he would inch over until he was back in the same proximity. As I was leaving at the end, Brian came up to me and backed me up against the wall until his tall frame was towering over me. He did give me a genuine smile, but I was more than a bit annoyed by it. I just wished that it were Erskine before me.

"My, my you are positively glowing out there." He ran his fingers over my triceps, I am supposing in an effort to flatter me or to turn me on.

"Thanks, well I hate to run, but I really must be off" I tried to slip under his arm and make my escape, but he anticipated my plan and moved even more in front of me. I just glared up at him and said.

"Thank you for your attentions, but you are now making me very late have a good day!" He stepped aside and made a pretentious bow as if suddenly being a gentleman and taking off some imaginary hat. Goodness he went from hot to annoying in a matter of one class. I could have sworn as I walked by I heard him muttering something under his breath. Normally it would not bother me, but I got shivers and my instinct told me that he was casting a spell. I know its ridiculous, but it is just the feeling I got. There was nothing snide in the tone of it, there was something a bit sexual, but I could not make out the words. I figured I would go home and meditate my stress away, but I got the nagging feeling that I should not be alone tonight. The whole ride home my mind kept going to the sound of his voice, that smooth, low rumbling. I gave Anne a call hoping that she could help me figure out what is going on.

"Anne, can I come over, I really can't be alone right now."

"Hey Diana, what's wrong you sound worried."

"I don't really want to talk about this until I feel I am in a safer place."

"Sure come right over, do you remember where the coffee shoppe is? Go past it by one light swing a left at the light. Then at the second stoplight go right I am the fifth house on the left. It is a large Victorian, in a pastel green and brown."

"Thank you so much." I sighed more out of stress than relief. I stopped at the coffee shoppe and bought us each a giant coffee and a rather sinful dessert, I had a feeling it would be a very long night. His voice kept getting louder and louder in my mind, drowning out all other thoughts. The fear was also growing; it was as if he held a megaphone to my head, amplifying everything. God I Just wanted Erskine right now, comforting me holding me. I only had a day and a half before my mother comes home and a few more days until I give my final decision. It is cruel to make me wait so long, even if I understand their reasoning. Anne's house is lovely; the low evening sun accents each of the different colors.

I grabbed the coffee and deserts and made my way up the large set of stairs. I could not even knock before the door swung open and she swept me inside.

"Aww you shouldn't have sweetie, I had the same thought and put a spread out on the table!"

"You know what they say about great minds! Looks like we shall eat well then." She set everything down and gave me a big hug.

"Ok Diana fess up what happened?"

"I went to yoga class and that guy I told you about pulled right up next to me. It was flattering at first until his hands kept "accidentally" touching me then to a full on grab."

"Oh my what did you do?"

"I just kept moving over in hope that he would get the idea."

"The first thing is that except for our fairy lovers, men are rather dim, honey you can not give hints!"

"I know but I was hopeful, I try to have faith in my fellow humans. That was not the worse of it though."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, on the way out he came right up and cornered me, almost pinned me to the wall. He kept complimenting me but he was just so aggressive, I got scared."

"I do not blame you hun, it does sound scary."

"I thanked him for the kind words but in a firm way let him know that I was late and had to go. I then slipped out from underneath his arm and began my quick walk to my car. It was as I was leaving that I got really scared, I heard him muttering under his breath in a very low voice. I just got this overwhelming feeling of anger. Until I got here with you. She led me to one of her big comfortable chairs and told me to sit down while she brought some food over. I continued to tell her how I got the feeling he was casting a spell, but I did not know why since I could not make out any of his words.

"Hunny you have to trust your gut. magic attracts magic, we know our kind."

"What do you mean our kind?"

"You are Wicca aren't you?"

"I am pagan yes, but what does that have to do with anything?"

"Well you are of the old faith then. We have a sense about us, even those who possess no powers beyond human capability can sense others with similar beliefs. I suspect that you possess more than normal, may I read your hand?"

"Yes but why?"

"It will give me more insight into your problems."

She pulled her ottoman to be up close to me and took my hand in her's she dropped my hand almost immediately.

"My God, I have never felt energy like yours, but I can see this man's energy crawling all over you like cockroaches. We need to do a purification spell immediately, your energy as strong as it is fading fast."

"But I feel so much better now."

"Sweetie we need to do this now! Follow me." She spoke with almost a motherly tone I just followed. Anne led me to this beautiful room with an alter in the middle. I knew the set up well, for in my youth and searching I had found a few covens who welcomed me in to learn what they were about, but when it was all said and done, I found them to be as restrictive as church was for me and set out on my own path. We are still in contact for they were some of the kindest people I have ever met. Anne told me to get in the center and she went about preparing the circle. Once all of the supplies were gathered she handed me a sprig of lavender, mimosa, and a chili pepper for purification, protection, and removing of whatever spell he had cast on me. Anne went about creating the circle. Salt was spread in the outside ring and at each of the four corners she placed a white candle with the one of the elemental signs carved in the side. On the alter she placed one silver candle for the Lady and one gold for the Lord. We called the corners and asked for their protection and aid. Then in turn, we called upon the Lady and Lord to bless the lavender, mimosa and chili pepper that I was carrying and would carry until I was safe. I took a flower and placed it on the incense to burn. We proceeded to sit in the circle and hold hands as we meditated.

It was in that moment I realized what the spell was, he had closed my door to the fairy realm. I could see nothing, sense nothing beyond my own eyelids. Oh shit!

"Anne I know, I know what he did!"

" What is it Diana?"

"He closed the door, I can't get to my place!"

"Do not panic, it could simply be that we are connected and each have our own place thus blocking each other's way. Let the spell do its work, perhaps as you sleep tonight it will come to you." I sighed, she was right it was too soon to tell, but what if that was what he did to me? How can I get back, I must see Erskine! Surly the baby must bind me to that world. I forced my mind to quell its fears and try to meditate. As I did all of these images kept coming over me. I saw my aura being taken over, draped in red and black, I saw my baby's aura being stripped, as if it's life was being pulled away. The worst of it was that I could not even tell Anne. After my horrifying meditation Anne gave me some lavender tea to cleanse me inside and out. Who was that man? There had to be more to him than just being rejected.

"Anne can you read my cards? I want more insight on Bryan."

"Yes, of course."

She had been prepared and brought it into the circle already She went about her work quietly and focused. We found the card that represented me and did a traditional Celtic cross. She turned over the cards one at a time but said nothing which I thought was rather odd, but everyone did their practice differently. After a few minutes she looks up at me and said;

"Diana, is there something your not telling me?"

I could only look at her. I did not know what to do, a long awkward pause lingered heavily between us.

"What? what is it?"

"Look all I can say is that I am only allowed to tell one person and that person is my mother."

"That I can understand sweetie, from the look of this reading whatever it is it is huge. You have big decisions and a fork in the road. You will face a big obstacle no matter which road you choose, in fact it looks like that obstacle is Bryan."

"How so?"

"Well his card came up under obstacles."

"Well that is pretty clear enough I laughed"

"I see that you have a purpose greater than you are aware of, Bryan is your obstacle. I do not believe his flirtations were simply to get a date, but to put himself as a block to this greater purpose."

As I was watching Anne do the reading I saw, her eyes go glassy and her voice became a bit distant. I was Afraid that she would have a vision of my baby and Erskine.

"Protect yourself, you are holding something precious that will change the lives of many. Your mother was well chosen as your confidant, she will be a greater help and far stronger than you think. Trust her, trust your choice."

She came back and looked at me askew she said I will not ask because I know you cannot tell me but I think some of the pieces are falling in place. You are welcome to stay here until you feel safe. We hugged and just smiled at each other. I was so thankful that she did not ask or even need to ask. I felt as if a weight has been lifted.

The next day I surprised Anne with a trip to the day spa. We had the ultimate girl's day. We went and started our day with a champagne brunch at a little teahouse. We had miniature chocolate cakes, scones, and fresh fruit, oh it was delicious. Then we went to the spa and had an aromatherapy shower. Sat in a mud bath, had facials, manicures and pedicures. We then had a full body massage and both Anne and the masseur commented on my ivy tattoo that had wound its way over my body. They just kept looking, to be honest I was enjoying their attentions and the memories of how I got them. When we were in the changing room at the end Anne asked,

"Diana can I see your tattoos? I have never seen anything like it."

"Sure." I was proud of them and frankly would not mind taking another look at them myself. I let my robe fall to the floor and did a little turn as if I was a little girl showing off a new skirt. Her mouth fell open and she just stared at me, then she reached out and started to trace the paths of the ivy as it wound across my body. I had such conflicting feelings. I mean she was beautiful, but I like men. At the same time I did not want to embarrass her by calling attention to what I believe was unintended actions. I could not help but notice that she was looking at me with a look of more than friendship. Without much warning she pulled me in and gave me a very strange and deep kiss. I froze like a deer in headlights. After she broke it off, she blushed and said;

"I am so sorry, I do not know what came over me. That was so inappropriate, but you are so glowing and lovely, almost like a piece of art." I giggled and blushed.

"Its ok I would be lying if I said that it was not a very lovely kiss, but alas you have not swayed me I still like men." I joked. Then threw her a little wink to let her know that all is well.

"So You mean I can not steal you away from your love and make you mine? Life can be so unfair!"

We laughed and got into our clothes. I then drove us to the mall and we had a bit of a shopping spree. It was an expensive day, but where I was going I would have little need of money and my mother was more than taken care of. I smiled at the thought of seeing my mother tomorrow, especially after Anne's reading.

We went home and had some insanely good Thai food and watched some chick flicks. We ended our day in meditation and this time when I closed my eyes all I could see was black, but the more I focused the more the black faded into a welcome green path. It was my path, our path. My heart sang of peace, but I wondered if Brian would invade my life again.

Junudi
Junudi
20 Followers