Eternal

Story Info
The Prophecy: In the beginning.
3k words
4.64
24.8k
22

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/31/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

ETERNAL

THE PROPHECY

IT WILL COME IN THE FUTURE 4 HUNDREDTH FOLD; FOR THE PAST TO BE RELIVED. LOVE MUST BE RETURNED OR FERAL SHE'LL BE. TAKE HEED CAUTION IS NEEDED AND ACTIONS BE SURE. FOR THAT HE MUST DO; TO CHANGE THE DIEING HEART OF THE GIRL WHO ONCE LIVED. IF FAILED AGAIN, A PRICE I WILL DEMAND. FOR LOVE THROWN AWAY THE PACK I WILL TAKE.

CONSUMED THEY WILL BE.

THE INTRODUCTION

IRELAND THE PRESENT:

The Shannondova pack had been in the county Shannon for a thousand years. The Alphas have always been smart and strong. The current reigning alpha is Padrick. Although he naturally assumed the role when his father stepped down, Padrick won his fair share of challenges for alpha position. He has stayed Alpha for 50 years, knowing that when his son was born and strong enough to be Alpha that he would also step down as his father and grandfather had done before him.

It was when his mother called him to his wife's side for the birthing of their first litter that he felt a pain like he had never felt before. He never thought it was possible to feel such joy as when his beloved Rosa delivered their first son. Only to have it turn to an unbearable pain at seeing that the very small boy was stillborn. Feeling his wife's grief along with his own was almost crippling but he pushed it aside to deal with later. She needed him with her for the birthing of their other son.

It was as she tried to push their other son out that something went wrong and she began to hemorrhage. The doctor rushed to stop the heavy blood loss. As the bleeding began to slow she birthed their remaining son. Upon his birth they heard the doctor gasp and begin to stammer, not able to get anything out. The reaction from the doctor told them there was a problem with the second child. Rosa just began to cry turning to bury her grief stricken face into Padrick's chest as he too cried for the loss of his sons.

It was the doctor's voice calling their names over and over that finally grabbed their attention. As they looked up at the doctor, they saw he was holding a bundle wrapped in a small pink blanket. They both gasped as they realized that the second child had actually been a female.

This was the first female born in 150 years. Immediately Rosa and Padrick came to the same realization. This tiny infant would have to fight for everything in her life. Her biggest fight would happen at the time when Padrick chose to step down from his role as alpha. This is the story of Rohaynna the only child of the Shannondova pack's alpha couple.

As with all Were's, Rohaynna had her first change at three. At first it was thought that it had gone very well. That is until she began to have dreams and speak of a human male child. It was thought that it was just her imagination but as time went on it was discovered that she had a strange connection to this human male child.

Once it was investigated it was revealed that what was happening was foretold in a prophecy that had been told hundreds of years ago and long since forgotten. Unsure of what their daughter was going to have to face, Rosa and Padrick assigned bodyguards to Rohaynna at all times that she was away from them. It was at the age of five that everything began to change.

THE LAWS OF THE WERE WORLD –

THOSE IF BROKEN ARE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH

 Never force a turning

 Never kill a human or any otherworldly species

 Never rape a human or any otherworldly species

 Never force a mating with a human or otherworldly species

THOSE IF BROKEN ARE PUNISHABLE AS DESIRED BY THE ALPHAS OR OTHER SPECIES LEADERS

 Causing harm to a human or any otherworldly species

 Physical abuse of a mate or offspring

 Breaking of any laws of any otherworldly species

 Physical abuse to any otherworldly species

MATING OF HUMANS AND WERE

 Permission by the Alphas must be granted

 Both people involved must consent

 The female must be over 21

 The male must be over 25

Chapter 1 - The Past (Fifteen years ago)

"NO!"

The scream pierced through the quiet house bringing the little girl's parents running as well as the guards outside the home. They ran through their daughter's doorway quickly scanning for the danger that caused her to scream out, wondering who would dare sneak into their home and hurt their child. Just as quickly as they entered, their senses told them no one was there. Rosa rushed to her daughter as Padrick quietly spoke to the guards and waved them back to their posts again. He then walked over to the bed and saw that little Rohaynna was curled upon her bed in a small ball shivering but apparently still asleep.

"Baby girl, what is it? What's wrong?" Rosa whispered quietly. She gazed up at Padrick as he sat on the other side of the bed. He was staring down helplessly as their baby girl cried out in her sleep.

"No, no stop please. I'll be good I will." She sobbed. "Please Da no more. It hurts."

Padrick gasped for he wasn't even touching her and had never laid a hand on her in anger. Yet here she was dreaming that he was hurting her. He was about to gently wake her and ask what was happening when she let out a shuddery sigh and became eerily silent. As Padrick watched their daughter sleep, Rosa got up and retrieved a new nightgown to exchange for the one that was wet. When she began to pull off the gown she was startled by Patrick's gasp, "Mother of God!" Rosa followed his gaze and inhaled sharply as she saw the bruises that were beginning to cover their tiny daughter's body.

"Padrick get an Elder quickly." She cried as he was bolting out of the room. While tears streamed down her face, Rosa rushed to the bathroom for a cool cloth. Returning at the same time that her husband did she saw that he was trying to stay calm as the Alpha but the Da in him wanted to burst into tears with her.

"I sent a guard to get Elder Simonè." Padrick silently communicated to her through their mental bond.

"Thank you my love." She glanced up at him briefly before continuing to gently run the cool cloth over Rohaynna's heated skin. "Oh Padrick what is taking them so long, where are they!" She cried aloud, even knowing logically that it had only been a handful of minutes since her husband had sent the guard to Simonè's house.

"They will be here any minute Rosa it is not far to Simonè and you know that." Just as he finished speaking they heard the front door open. They both looked up to the doorway with a relieved sigh as Simonè came through the door.

"My King and Queen what has happened, the guards could tell me nothing." Simonè asked quietly so as not to awaken the child. She listened without asking any questions as they told her everything that had happened from the time they heard the scream until the present moment.

"May I see the bruising? Or will it wake her do you think?" She spoke to them both but looked at Rosa for she feared that if she met Padrick's pain-filled eyes she herself would start to cry. These were her oldest and dearest friends that were looking at her with such pain.

"Of course Simonè, you can. We just want to understand what is going on and why she would think that I would harm her?" Padrick finished in a strained voice.

Simonè quickly walked to the bed and helped Rosa lift the nightgown. Looking at the tiny body covered in bruises, she began to cry softly as well. There was very little skin that wasn't marked. "You say that they appeared on her as you watched, as if someone was hitting her but no one was there?"

"Yes. What is it? What's happening? Do you know? Or will you speak to the other Elders?" Rosa and Padrick were both speaking at once hoping that she knew what was going on with their daughter.

"I have heard of this but I can't remember where. Yes, I will have to speak to the other Elders. Some of them have been around for hundreds of years more than I. Once I have informed them of what has occurred we will go to the place of our fathers before us and pray and research there. I promise to return as quickly as I can. Send someone at once if anything else happens even if you think it's something small. All information will help us find out what is happening. I will go now to them. You should rest while she does." Simonè stated knowing that it wasn't what they wanted to hear but also knowing that they would listen and protect Rohaynna to the death if need be. She prayed silently that it wouldn't come to that as she left the house.

Inside Padrick picked up Rohaynna and carried her to the master bedroom laying her gently in the middle of the bed. Glancing at Rosa who just gave him a small smile agreeing with him that neither of them would sleep the rest of the night if she was in her own room. He also figured that they would probably stay awake just waiting for her to wake in the morning. They lay on the bed with her between them as they hold each other's hands cradling her tiny body between them. They both eventually must have fallen asleep for they woke to hear their precious daughter's voice.

"DaDa, Mama, why am I in your room? I'm not a baby I'm five!" Rohaynna asked smartly smiling at them.

"My sweetling, you had a very bad dream so I carried you in here to be with us." Padrick replied softly, worried that she was afraid of him now as she had been in the throes of her dreams.

"Oh, Da it was so very scary. There was a boy whose Da was beating him over and over. The boy cried out for him to stop but the Da wouldn't. I don't understand why was he doing that to his little boy? You don't do that, why was he?" She asked in complete confusion looking at her father for all the answers.

"We don't know why sometimes mommies and daddies hurt their children honey. Is it a boy that you have in your class? Or have you seen him when we take you into town?" Padrick asked her. "Maybe we can go and help him so that his father can't hurt him anymore. Do you think that would make both of you feel better?"

"No Da I have only seen him when I sleep like always. I don't know who he is just that I always dream about him. But they have never been this scary before; mostly we just play and have lots and lots of fun." Hearing that, Padrick gave her a startled look and thought instantly of Simonè. Knowing in his gut that this was a important piece to this puzzle.

Not wanting to upset her anymore than she was, he ushered her to her room and told her to get dressed then come to breakfast. He walked back to the master bedroom to dress and told Rosa that he would be right down after he showered and dressed for the day. Rosa nodded and left to the kitchen to get breakfast ready for everyone. When she walked into the kitchen she was greeted by many of their pack members all of whom had heard of last night's events and were worried. She assured them that Rohaynna seemed in good spirits this morning.

Asking them to all leave quickly so as not to have her think that something was wrong. They all left quietly with the exception of Dantè who was Rosa's brother and Rohaynna's personal bodyguard. She motioned for him to sit and she told him quickly what had happened last night and what her daughter had told them this morning. Rosa handed him a cup of coffee and told him that they want him watching her even more closely and bring in another guard if he felt it was needed.

"Seeing that we don't know who or what is involved I'd like to bring in another to help with guarding her, at least for the time being, maybe a female. That way we can have someone with her at all times, that sound good to you sis?" Dantè looked at Rosa for confirmation knowing already that she would agree. Just like he thought she nodded quickly and shushed him because they both heard Rohaynna humming as she came down the hall. As soon as she walked in and saw Dantè she squealed and jumped up onto his lap.

"Hi Uncle Dantè, how are you? Did mama tell you bout the bad dream I had last night. It was real scary." She patted his cheek affectionately as she spoke.

"Yes my munchkin she did, how are you feeling this morning?" He made sure to speak to her as he always did so as not to concern her.

"I'm good today but I'm as hungry as a mountain lion!" Rohaynna began to giggle and looked over at her mother. "Is breakfast ready mama?"

"Just about baby girl. I need you to come show me your bruises first." Rosa answered

"What bruises mama? I haven't hurt myself yet today how could you check them already." Rohaynna replied jumping off Dantès lap and twirlling in a circle. She climbed into her own chair as they both looked bewildered, because she did not have a mark on her. "See I told you, now can I have my breakfast please?" she exaggerated, giving her mother a silly grin as Rosa placed food on the table.

Padrick walked in quickly at Rosa's silent call. He listened as she told him what Rohaynna showed her. They made sure to keep their thoughts to each other but also decided that they must talk to her about how she got the bruises and how could they be gone that quickly. Even with their healing abilities, the bruises had been so bad that it should have taken until at least this evening to totally heal.

"Rohaynna, can we have a big girl talk?" Padrick asked as he sat down.

"Oh Da you're silly. I am a big girl so how could we not have a big girl talk?" She responded.

Padrick chuckled and shook his head as he thought about how he was going to have his hands full with her when she was a teen. "Okay sweetie I'm sorry I know you're a big girl now. You spoke about your bad dream upstairs. Can we talk about it some more please?" Padrick looked over at her and when she nodded he continued talking. "You said that the boy was getting beat. Did he have bruises on him that you could see?"

"Yeah he never had a shirt on, so I could see his front and some of his back but he fell onto the floor and curled up in a ball so I couldn't see all his back." She stated "How come Da? What does it mean?"

"The reason that I'm asking is that when you had your dream you screamed and Mama and I went into your room. The thing is sweetie, when Mama put a dry nighty on you there were bruises all over your front and back. Do you know how you got them?" He spoke gently.

"Not sure." She replied and shrugged her shoulders as if there was nothing unusual about that. "That's just what happens with us, always has. I fall and get a scrape, he gets a scrape to. Why?"

"Do you know how come you don't have any bruises today?"

"Because I healed like always. Best part is that he got healed too this time, so his bruises are all better. Isn't that good Da? Did I do something I shouldn't have? I didn't mean to, honest. I just wanted all that pain to stop for both of us." Rohaynna began to cry softly.

Padrick gently pulled her out of her chair and onto his lap. "It's okay baby girl. You did nothing wrong. We are asking because we have never seen anything like this before. That also means that you're going to have to talk to Simonè. Is that okay with you?" It was hard to remember that his girl was only five even though she seemed wise beyond her years.

"Uh huh, of course Da. I love Simonè. You know that. Her and Dantè are my bestest friends." Rohaynna's parents both chuckled. "She and Dantè are my best friends." Rosa corrected her and shook her head when her daughter just nodded.

"Well let me know when you're going to take her over, because I'll do what I need to do then. That way I won't be in the way. You guys can fill me in later. How does that sound?" Dantè asked them. When he looked over at Padrick he grimaced at the knowing look he got. Dantè stood up to leave, but as he turned to the door it was his niece that answered him.

"Nu uh Uncle Dantè. You gots to come too. She's gonna wanna see you too. Maybe then we can all get some ice cream." Rohaynna stated glancing hopefully at her father, clapping her hands at his nod. She was making too much noise to hear her Uncle's curse. She laughed though when she saw her mom hit him on the arm. "Sorry." Was all he said and walked out the door leaving them to follow.