Eternal Ch. 03

Story Info
Tragedy strikes.
4.2k words
4.59
12.5k
2

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/31/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was just over a week later when they heard a car come screaming up the driveway to the alpha's house.

"Everyone inside NOW." Dantè yelled towards the house where Rose and her daughter were playing. Not even turning, just listening for the sound of the door closing, he changed to his Loup- Guru form. He slowly started to stalk to the car when the back door opened and two young Omega women came tumbling out.

"Wait, please," one said as they both fell to the ground and bared their throats to him.

"We need help we bring a message to Padrick, it's an emergency. Please, Michael sent us," finished the blonde.

At that Dantè relaxed a little and told them to rise and follow him but that the male had to stay outside. He led the way into the house towards Padrick's office, only to find him already headed towards them.

"Dantè, what the hell's going on?" he demanded.

"I don't know Alpha. I only know that these two wish to speak to you. They say they are from Michael and I do smell him on them," he replied calmly

"Well, come then. Tell me what has you driving like that and what has him so worried that he must send Omegas to me instead of any of his Betas," Padrick led the way back into his office and directed them to sit down.

"That is why we are here Alpha. Our Alpha is in need of your help. Three of his five Betas have been killed and the remaining two are trying to help with the families that were left behind," the blonde stated quietly as silent tears ran down both their faces. The gasp that that statement brought was from all adults in the room.

"WHAT! How did this happen? Start at the beginning and leave nothing out," he said, his voice gruff. He was worried that it was one of his brothers or his wife's younger brother.

"We had 2 cars going to our new factory for the last inspection. There was some type of collision and a tractor trailer collided with the SUVs the Beta's

where in. The injuries would have healed but they all died at the scene. The impact caused an explosion and both cars were destroyed," she finished quietly.

"Who? Who else was killed?" Rosa asked softly.

"Please, my lady. I'm so sorry but it was Bram Rhys," she paused as she heard the cry and the shout of denial that came from Rosa and Dantè. "The others that were killed, Alphas, were Grey McCormick and Marcus O'Conner," she paused as the Alphas seemed to crumble right in front of them. "Alphas, I'm afraid there's more and this is why Michael had us rush here."

"GOD! What more could it be? How could this have happened? What else is it? Just say it so we can begin the funeral rites," Padrick said sadly. He was holding his crying mate on his lap, trying to calm her as he himself cried.

"They all had their mates with them my lord," she said with a sigh

"The children," Rosa gasped. "Oh Padrick what about the little boys?" That was all she got out before she broke down completely.

"That's why we were sent. We can't get them to leave their homes. They are convinced that their parents will be angry with them if they do. Michael thinks that it's best that one of you comes to help them through this."

"Dantè can you..."

"Of course Padrick you know I will," Dantè interrupted, trying to calm his own tears at the loss of his little brother.

"You will go as planned but you will stay long enough to help them understand. Then bring them home to Rosa and me. They will be raised here by us. Then you may go back," Padrick stated.

"Of course, Alpha. I'll be ready to leave within the hour," he replied. Burying his grief to be dealt with later, he turned and left the house, concentrating on everything that he would need to do before he left. He also knew that after he dropped the boys off he would be leaving again the same day. He would have to leave a letter for Simonè. What he wanted didn't matter right now, only the three young boys did. At his house he got what he needed and quickly wrote the letter. As promised, he left with the members of Michael's pack, saying he'd see them at the funeral pyre in 2 days.

Rosa and Padrick walked slowly back into the house to tell Rohaynna what had happened, and that her cousins would be living with them from now on.

Hours later Rosa spoke to Padrick in their room. "We can't take her with us Padrick. Look at how long it took us to calm her down, and she doesn't even fully understand what we were telling her. She's just too young."

"I know Rosa. The question is, would she be helping the boys by being there? Or would it be just that much harder to focus on them while we're there? Would it be better if we left her here? What about what happened the other night? What if she gets upset and thinks that we're not coming home either? I just don't know." He sighed.

"What if we gave her the job of getting the boys' rooms ready for them? That would keep her busy, distracted. Maybe she won't worry so much then. What do you think?"

"That might work, but you know that we can't just leave her with the guards. Maybe the Elders would stay with her. She would have to have a large number of guards. You know the risks."

"We lost Rohan. I will not lose her too," Rosa responded with a sigh as she thought about her son.

Padrick nodded and picked up the phone and spoke to Simonè, making the necessary arrangements. He then spoke to the guards. They left the next morning after spending time with Rohaynna and telling her that they needed her to stay there and get her cousins' bedrooms ready for them.

"Know what auntie?" Rohaynna asked.

"What sweetie?"

"Well I was thinking if I was sad as them I wouldn't want to be all by myself, so maybe they should all be in the same room, huh?"

"I think that the boys would really like that. But the rooms are just too small to hold all three in the same room," she replied.

Giggling as she spoke Rohaynna said, "Not my room. It's lots big enough cause my play room is there too, auntie."

"Are you sure sweetie? You don't have to do that you know," Simonè stated.

"They'll be sad and scared, though. And they gotsta move here and leave all their friends and everything. This room's the biggest and my stuff can go in two rooms, that's all," She replied and started to walk away. " 'Mon Auntie. We gotta get some help cause we not strong enough to do it all bys our self," she yelled as she ran down the stairs.

Simonè laughed, shaking her head as she followed. For the next two days they, along with some other pack members, emptied out two rooms and moved all of her things into them before listening to her give the orders about where everything should go.

By the time her parents were home, the room could now hold all three boys with room for the things they brought with them. Hearing the car coming, she ran down the stairs yelling, "They're home Auntie!"

"Rohaynna, you have to stay inside!" Stated the guard posted at the door. Smiling as he watched her bouncing with excitement to show that she had done what she was told. He was silently thinking that it was sad that she really didn't understand what had happened, that it would take her cousins along time to truly happy again. Walking over to her on the stairs the guard picked her up and looking at her stated, "If anyone can make those boys feel better Rohaynna, it's you."

He chuckled at her answer of "Yup. Me me me."

She wiggled to get down when she heard her parent's footsteps. As they walked into the house she said, "Mamma, Da. Come see, come see."

"Rohaynna, calm down sweetie. What do you want us to see?" Rosa asked, looking down at her daughter.

"You just gotta come see," and with that she ran back upstairs leaving them to follow after her.

She stopped and waited outside her bedroom door. She could hear the murmur of her parents talking to the guard and Simonè. She sat on the floor knowing that they were going to be a few minutes. As she waited she thought to what her dream friend had told her last night. She sighed, remembering.

****

"How come you're so quiet tonight, don't you want to play?" He asked

"Yeah, I wanna play but my ma and Da told me something sad today. That's all," she replied.

"Tell me maybe I can help."

"They told me that my cousins are moving in with us cause their moms and dads got killed in a real bad accident. That they're all by themselves now 'cept for us. What did they mean? Everybody's gots moms and dads."

"I know what they mean," he said. "It means that their parents died. That no matter how much they want them to come home they can't, cause they went to heaven. All you need to know is that they are going to be even sadder than you are right now. Think about how you'd feel if you knew that your parents were never going to come home again."

"No I don't wanna do that! It hurts my chest. I just wanna know how to make them feel better," she said sadly. "Like I do with you when I make all the bruises go away. Can't I make it go away like that?"

"Not really; it's not the same. I watched this show on TV were the boy's dad died and everyone kept telling him they were sorry and doing everything for him. But when he talked and went to see his friends after, they said they were sorry too but they just went back to playing with him. After a little while he started to get a little happier."

"So I gotta say sorry then just play likes I always did with them and that will make them feel better?"

"I don't know but that's what they showed on the movie, so I guess so. Makes no sense to me either."

"Sorry and play. I can do that. Easy. I'm sleepy can I lay down with you?"

"Yup. Come on, we'll lay here then we'll play, kay?"

****

She wished she could make the bad feelings for her cousins go away. Since she couldn't, she would do exactly what her dream friend told her. She'd say sorry then play with them. It just didn't make any sense but she would try cause she wanted her cousins to be happy living here. She looked up as her parents stopped in front of her. She stood up as her Da crouched to look at her.

"How you doing sweetie?" he asked softly.

"Kay. My dream friend said to say sorry then play with my cousins. That would make them feel better. Will it Da?"

"Well I think he might be right," he said looking over at Rosa. "Now what did you want to show us?"

"Well I thought about how sad the boys were gonna be and how they'd probly want to be together. Cause if it was me I wouldn't want to be all by myself. So.....They gotta share a room," she answered.

"Honey, that's a really good idea but all the rooms are just way too small. So for the time being they'll have to have separate rooms until we can get a bigger one built for them," Padrick told her gently.

"Yup so I gived them this," she said as she opened the door to her old room.

Her parents walked in and looked around. Taking in all the changes that she had pushed for while they were gone. The pink and purple walls were now blue. All the beds lined the one wall next to each other with small tables between each, with the dressers along the wall under the window leaving the rest of the room open for them to put the things they were bringing.

"Rohaynna you didn't have to do this but I think it will mean a lot to them that

you were willing to give them your space so that they could comfort each other. It looks great they'll have lots of room. Were did you put all your stuff?" asked Rosa.

"My bed and dresser is in the room by yours and all my toys are in the room right next to that. Is that okay?" She asked looking up at them.

"Well I think you did a great job sweetie. The boys will love it. They will be here in a couple more days; and I agree with your dream friend I think you should just play like always with them," stated Rosa

"Ut Oh! I forgot to ask my dream friend what his name was. Auntie Simonè asked me to. Hope she won't get mad," Rohaynna said.

"She won't be mad silly," her mom replied.

"Kay. Can I go play now mama?"

"Go ahead. But remember you have your lessons today." Reminded Rosa as

Rohaynna walked into her new playroom.

+++++++

After spending two weeks with his nephews at their homes getting them ready to move, Dantè was on his way back to his pack when he felt his sister trying to contact him. "What's up sis?"

"Can you explain to the boys what's been going on with Rohaynna please? The screaming and the bruising have happened five more times while you have been gone. The Elders left the day after we got back to look at the old scrolls but haven't come back yet."

"What about Simonè? Is she there?"

"I'm sorry brother. She left last night to join them." "Did she know that I would be home today?"

"Yes, she was here while we told Rohaynna," She felt his pain and sigh through their sibling connection.

"Well then I guess I'll have a decision to make by the time I get home. We'll be there in about two hour's sis. Bye." With that he broke the connection.

He spent the next hour thinking about all that had happened with Simonè. Knowing that she was his mate and having her deny it was hurting him more than anything he had ever felt. Knowing that she'd left when she knew he would be home the following day just ripped his heart out. He knew that if he stayed that he would go feral being around her but unable to claim her. With a sigh he knew what he would have to do.

"Guys listen up; we have a situation at the house." "What's up Uncle Dantè?" asked Tristian.

"Here's what I know so far. Your cousin has what she calls a dream friend that she

plays with. But about two weeks ago she woke screaming in the middle of the night covered in bruises. But when she got up in the morning they were gone."

"What happened?" whispered Christian

"Well that's part of the problem we don't know yet. Your aunt just told me that it happened again a number of times while I was gone. So I need you to do something for me."

"What Uncle Dantè?"

"I want you guys to keep an eye on her for me and if you see anything strange, let me know. Okay?"

"Sure," they said looking at each other.

He smiled at the glimmer in their eyes. He was glad because it was the first time he had seen it since before the accident. This might be just what they need to help them threw this. The rest of the ride went by quietly and Dantè was pulling up right on time. As he pulled up to the house he saw the boys sit up a little at the sight of their tiny cousin.

"You boys ready?" "I guess."

"Okay, here we go."

Dantè watched as the normally happy bubbly Rohaynna slowly and solemnly walked off the front porch to meet the boys. "I'm sorry about your mamas and Da's," she whispered.

"Thanks Rohaynna," Sabienè said for all of them. "Mama said to take you to your room."

"Room as in one?" Christian asked sounding hopeful.

"Yup, cause I was thinkin ifs it was me that losted my mama and Da, I wouldn't wanna be bys my self," She stated. "Is that okay?" she asked quietly, thinking that they might not have wanted that after all.

"That's awesome Roh, thanks," responded Tristian speaking for them all.

As they followed her upstairs. They looked at each other not knowing what to do when she stopped in front of her pink door.

"Sorry for the door I's forgot to get it painted too," she said as she opened the door. She smiled to herself when she turned to look at the boys.

They just stared, not moving. It wasn't until they heard their uncles coming behind them and nudging them into the room that they moved.

"WOW, this is great," Sabienè stated. He moved out of the way as some Omegas brought all their stuff into the room. They didn't notice Rohaynna leave as they bounced on the beds.

"So what do you think boys?" Padrick asked as he walked over to the beds and set a small box down between two of them.

"This is great. Thanks Uncle Padrick."

"I had nothing to do with this. It was all your cousin's idea. She had all this done by the time we got back from the funeral pyre," he finished saying.

"WHAT! She gave us her room, but why?" Christian asked looking at his uncle. "Duh! She already told us why," Tristian said, smacking his twin on the arm.

"Yeah. She didn't want us to be all alone," Sabienè said quietly looking around the

room then at the door. "Where'd she go uncle?" he asked when he didn't see her anywhere.

"Probably to her room; or the playroom across the hall. But guys listen. I know that Dantè gave you a quick idea of what's going on." He continued after he saw them nod, "But it's very hard for her right now too. We don't know what's happening to her, and with the loss of your parents she just doesn't understand. Plus she's scared. Don't be surprised if she pretends that nothing has changed okay?"

"Okay, Uncle."

"Another thing, you need to be prepared for her screaming for no reason in the middle of the night. That will scare you but you need to stay in here and let her mom and I deal with it. You guys just play with her the same way you always

have. Okay?" he said quietly, patting himself on the back for coming up with a way to distract them from their grief

"Okay, Uncle not a problem. Can we go see her now?" asked Sabienè as the twins nodded.

"Go ahead, I have to meet with your Uncle anyway."

As Padrick walked out he saw the boys walk into the open playroom. He could hear the giggling as he headed to the stairs.

"Padrick come quickly," said Rosa through their connection

"Where are you love?"

"Dante's. Hurry! He's packing to leave." "Honey we knew that already"

"NO, for good. He's not planning on coming back"

"WHAT!" Padrick stalked the rest of the way to Dante's cabin, knowing that the guards and Omegas around the house would watch the kids. He was thankful for having the forethought to have Dantè build within sight of the main house.

"What the hell is going on here?" Padrick demanded as he walked in.

"Come in Padrick. I wanted to talk to both of you before I talked to the kids. Especially Rohaynna." With a defeated sigh Dantè sat on the opposite couch and began to talk. "Okay, yes, I'm going to move to Michael's pack land for now. I don't know if I'll stay there or not."

"Why Dantè? What's going on?"

"You both know that my wolf thinks that Simonè is my mate. She, however, has said no time and again. Her leaving last night was the final straw. If I remain here I will either force her or go feral, both of which will mean my death," he said flatly.

"Dantè, give her some time she'll come around," Rosa pleaded with her brother.

"No Rosa, I can't. What you guys don't know is that she has known for two years that she was my mate. I told her before she left for her training. I told her I would wait. She just said no."

"What? She never told me that," Rosa said, shocked that her friend wouldn't tell her something like that.

Dantè was quiet for a moment watching the Omegas take the boxes they'd packed from his study and bedroom to the SUV in the garage. With a sigh he continued.

"The Sanctuary is far enough away that connections are broken until they leave right?" Padrick nodded in confirmation. "I thought so. I have severed my connection with Simonè. I'll be having one of Michael's Elders dissolve the trace to make certain of it."

Rosa rushed to her brother and climbed onto his lap to hold him, knowing that the final step would cause him and his wolf a lot of pain.

"Are you sure you want to do this Dantè?"

"What choice do I have? She doesn't want me," he said bitterly. "I refuse to be put to death because of her. I will keep my connections to you two, and to the kids but no one else will be able to connect with me mentally once I leave here. I also refuse to stay unmated and without pups. I may not be able to have my true mate but that doesn't mean that I can't be happy with someone else who will care about me."

12